Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Oregon Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

J. H. Baxter Co.

This is an interstate wood preserving company.


Big Creek & Telocaset RR

There is an excellent web site covering the history of this line.

5 was built by Heisler in March 1924, #1501, was Ostrander Ry & Timber Co 5. It became BC&T 5 in 1940. Disposition is unknown but was probably scrapped after 1959.

106, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1946, #28340 as Almanor RR 106. It was sold as BC&T 106 in 1955 and transferred as Valsetz Lumber Co 1 in 1959.  It became Boise Cascade Corp 1 and later became Valley & Siletz RR 8.  It was sold to Stimson Lumber Co in May 1985 and sold to Oregon Coast Scenic RR in 2009.


Carlton & Coast RR

Flora Logging Co.

9 was built by Vulcan Locomotive in 1925, #3505.  It was retired in 1939 and sold to Kaiser Shipyards in 1942.  It was scrapped in the 1950s.

23.


Central Oregon & Pacific RR

This is a RailAmerica group.


J E Chambers & Sons

3 was built by Alco-Schenectady in November 1927, #67544, as Walter A Woodard Lumber Co 3.  It became JEC 3 in 1942 and became Lorane Valley Lumber Co 3 in 1946.  It was sold as Robert Dollar Co 3 in 1951 and donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in 1959.  It went to Bay Area Electric Association in 1978 and donated to Pacific Locomotive Association in 1999.  It is in service as RDL 3 since 2007.


City of Prineville Ry.

Formed in 1918, the COPRY operates between Prineville and Prinveville Junction in Crook County, OR. The line is the oldest continuously operated municipal shortline in the U.S.

6 was built by Rogers in September 1901, #5657, as Great Northern 1102, Class 50. It became Class F-5 in 1903 and later rebuilt as Class F-5S. It was sold to CofPRy as 6 on July 7, 1945, and scrapped by California Bag & Metal Co in October 1955.

102, S1, was built by Alco in October 1941, #69596, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 10. In 1980 it became CofPRy 102 and was later sold to Far-Mar Co as 102. This later was absorbed by Union Equity Copperative Grain.

103, S3, was built by Alco in May 1952, #79774, as Brooks-Scanlon Inc 102.  It became Oregon & Northwestern RR 102 in January 1957 and sold as CofPRy 103 on September 25, 1968.  It was rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen in April 1972 and sold to D A Wilson Co in 1983.  It was sold as Kewash RR 103 in October 1983 and resold as Sisseton Southern RR 103 in 1988.  It became Dakota Southern RR 103 in 1989.

985, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1954, #19569, FN 5348-2, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 2406, Class 17.5E-RS.  It was renumbered 217 in 1959 and rebuilt at West Milwaukee in January 1970 as 985, Class 20E-RS.  It was retired in December 1982  and sold as CofPRy 985 in 1983.

1551, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1968, #33992, FN 7109-13, as Southern Pacific 2505, Class ES415-2. In July 1988 it was sold to Wilson Ry and then to Wisconsin Central Ltd as 1551 in August 1988.  It was sold to David J Joseph Co as JTPX 1551 in 2006 and sold to Relco Inc as RLCX 1551.  It was sold as COP 1551 in 2014.


Columbia Southern Ry.

The Columbia Southern Railway Company came into existence in March 1897 with plans to build a line from the UP mainline at Biggs Junction south into central Oregon. The first part of the line, from Biggs Junction to Moro, was completed by December 1898. The new town of Shaniko, 70 miles from Biggs Junction, was reached in May 1900. There were many plans to extend the line south towards the Prineville area, but rough country immediately south of Shaniko made further construction prohibitive. Union Pacific provided most of the financing to build the railroad through its Oregon Railway and Navigation Company subsidiary, and by 1906 the Columbia Southern was fully controlled by the parent company.

Railroad headquarters were established in Shaniko, and the company built an extensive shop complex that employed 80 people at one time. Shaniko was the closest railhead to the vast expanses of central Oregon, and most of the trade to and from the region passed over the rails of the Columbia Southern. The busiest years of the railroad were 1910 and 1911, when UP relied on the railroad to transport a lot of men and material on their way to help build the Des Chutes Railway, which was battling with the Oregon Trunk Railroad for control of the Deschutes River canyon. The completion of the joint Oregon Trunk/Des Chutes line to Bend in 1911 diverted most of the through traffic off of the Columbia Southern, and the line entered a steep period of decline.

Passenger service to Shaniko ended in 1936, and the line from Shaniko north to Kent was abandoned in 1943. The line was further cut back to Grass Valley, and all operations south of Biggs Junction ended in 1964/1965 when a flood in Hay Canyon destroyed a large portion of the remaining line. The ICC granted permission to abandon the last remnants of the Columbia Southern on 20 June 1967

10 was built by Brooks in November 1893, #2409, as Great Northern 364, Class 37.  It was sold as Butte Anaconda & Pacific 31 on November 30, 1893, and renumbered 10 in 1898,  It was sold as CSRy 10 in 1900s and sold as Oregon Railway & Navigation 10 on July 1, 1906.  It became Union Pacific 4209 and sold as Montana Western RR 10 before August 1929.  It was retired in 1947.


Condon Kinzua & Southern RR

CK&S was incorporated on May 8, 1928, to take over private logging roads.  It operations was discontinued in August 1976 and abandoned on October 14, 1977.

104. 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1951, #30845.  It was sold as Saint Regis Paper Co 10 in 1977.  It became Champion International 10 and later Stimson Timber Co 10. 


Conlaugh & McKenna Lumber Co.

2978 was built by Lima in May 31, 1918, #2978, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as North Bend Mill & Lumber Co 2978.  It became Stout Lumber Co 2978 on January 12, 1924.  It was converted as oil burner on October 7, 1925, and sold as McKenna Lumber Co 2978.  It was sold as  C&ML 2928 and sold as Oregon White Cedar Co 2978 on December 6, 1928.  It was sold as Ingham Lumber Co 2978 and became as Robert Dollar Lumber Co 2928 on April 20, 1946.  It was donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in April 1961 and leased to Western Railway Museum in April 1985.  It was donated to Rotes of Motive Power on April 9, 2005.


Coos Bay Lumber Co.

1201, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1954, #19661, FN 4277-1.  It became Georgia-Pacific Corp 1201 in 1956.  In 1972 it was sold as United States Sugar Co 1201 and sold as Larry's Truck Equipment Co 1201.


Coos Bay Rail Link

901, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1954, #19477, FN 5334-6, as Texas & New Orleans 245, Class DF-601 .  The steam generator was removed in 1959.  It was renumbered Southern Pacific 3416, Class EF418-2, in 1955 and rebuilt on June 22, 1972, as 3357, Class EP418E-2..  It was sold as Arizona Eastern RR 1754 in 1988 and transferred as San Joaquin Valley RR 1754.  It was sold as San Pedro & Southwestern 901 in 2004 and transferred as Coos Bay Rail Link 901 in May 2014.  It was sold as Scoular Co in July 2015 as SCOX 901.


Daylight Locomotive Works & Machine Works

231, F40PH, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1977, #777001-2, FN 777001-2, as Amtrak 231.  It was sold to Chris Fussellin in 2006 and is painted as Daylight Locomotives and Machine Works 231.

274, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1960, #11066, FN 3042-A4, as Great Northern 274B, Class F-3-7-A. In 1970 it became Burlington Northern 610, Class F-7, and in 1981 it became Seattle & North Coast 101.  It was sold as DLMX 274 in 1994.

324, RSD5, was built by Alco in November 1955, #81696, as Utah Ry 306.  It was sold to Industrial Salvage & Matericals Co in November 1983.  It was sold to Promontrory NRHS in January 1984 and sold to Doyle McCormack as Daylight Locomotive Works in October 1993.  It was lettered and painted as Nickle Plate RR 324 in February 1994.


Robert Dollar Lumber Co.

3 was built by Alco-Schenectady in November 1927, #67544, as Walter A Woodard Lumber Co 3.  It became J E Chambers & Sons 3 in 1942 and became Lorane Valley Lumber Co 3 in 1946.  It was sold as RDLCo 3 in 1951 and donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in 1959.  It went to Bay Area Electric Association in 1978 and donated to Pacific Locomotive Association in 1999.  It is in service as RDL 3 since 2007.

2978 was built by Lima in May 31, 1918, #2978, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as North Bend Mill & Lumber Co 2978.  It became Stout Lumber Co 2978 on January 12, 1924.  It was converted as oil burner on October 7, 1925, and sold as McKenna Lumber Co 2978.  It was sold as Conlaugh & McKenna Lumber Co 2928 and sold as Oregon White Cedar Co 2978 on December 6, 1928.  It was sold as Ingham Lumber Co 2978 and became as RDLC 2928 on April 20, 1946.  It was donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in April 1961 and leased to Western Railway Museum in April 1985.  It was donated to Rotes of Motive Power on April 9, 2005.


East Portland Traction Co.

100, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1952, #16899, FN 6399-1, as Portland Ry & Terminal Div 100.  It became EPTC 100 in 1991 and merged as Oregon Pacific RR 100 on January 1, 1997.  It was never relettered apparently.

802, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1954, #19495, FN 4246-1, as  Southern Pacific 4622, Class DS-304.  It was reclassified Class DS-604 in 1963 and renumbered 1127, Class ES408-4, in 1965.    It was sold as Lewis & Clark Ry 81 in 1984 and sold as EPTC 802 in 1996.  It in the progress of rebuilding and renumbering as OPR 1127.

803, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17160, FN 4165-2, as Texas & New Orleans 13, Class DF-302.  It was reclassified Class DS-602, in 1963, and became SP 1105, Class ES408-2, in 1966.  It was sold as LINC Ry 80 in 1984 and sold as EPTC 803 in 1996.  It became OPC 803 in 1997 and sold as Western Rail 803 in June 2010.


Forks Logging Co.

In 1959 the Chicago Sunday Tribune had an article about trailing roads which were built between the rails. This allowed locomotives to drag logs without loading them on cars. The article included this illustration, which shows a Climax at work. If anyone has additional information, we would like to add it.


Rick Franklin Corp.

This has a page of it's own.


Gales Creek & Wilson River RR

1 was built by Schenectady for Colorado Midland.  It was sold as GCWR 1 in 1919 and scrapped in 1944.


General Contruction Co.

3, 25 Ton HLC2, was built by Plymouth in June 1928, #2922, for Guy F Atkinson Co.  It was sold to U S Bureau of Reclamation and sold as GCCo 3.  It was sold as Union RR of Oregon 1 in 1940.  It was retired in 1989 and sold to Eldon C Stutsman Trucking Co in 1992.


Gilchrist Timber Co.

204 was built by Baldwin in March 1909, #33238, as Gilchrist-Fordney Co 204.  It was transferred as GTCo 204 in 1938 and became Klamath Northern Ry 204 in 1940.  It was scrapped in 1955.


Ingham Lumber Co.

2978 was built by Lima in May 31, 1918, #2978, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as North Bend Mill & Lumber Co 2978.  It became Stout Lumber Co 2978 on January 12, 1924.  It was converted as oil burner on October 7, 1925, and sold as McKenna Lumber Co 2978.  It was sold as Conlaugh & McKenna Lumber Co 2928 and sold as Oregon White Cedar Co 2978 on December 6, 1928.  It was sold as ILCo 2978 and became as Robert Dollar Lumber Co 2928 on April 20, 1946.  It was donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in April 1961 and leased to Western Railway Museum in April 1985.  It was donated to Rotes of Motive Power on April 9, 2005.


Kellogg Terminal

20, GM20, was built by Davenport in 1941, #2359, as United States Army 7706.  It was sold as Southern Pacific MW570 and sold to Schnitzer Steel Products.  It was sold to Samuels Steel in about 1978 and became KT 20.  It was swapped to Pacific Northwest Chapter, National Railway Historical Society in 2003 for a caboose, but it was apparently not used.  Samuels wanted to return the engine but it was refused.  It is now languising.


Fred Kepner Estate

100 was built by Baldwin in June 1926, #59284, as Charles R. McCormick Lumber Co 4.  It was sold as Pope & Talbot Lumber Co 100 in June 1938 and sold as Santa Maria Valley RR 100 in 1942.  It was sold as White Mountain Scenic Ry 100 in 1962 and sold as Wasatch Mountain Ry 100 in 1976.  It was sold to FKE in 1999.


Klamath Northern Ry.

204 was built by Baldwin in March 1909, #33238, as Gilchrist-Fordney Co 204.  It was transferred as Gilchrist Timber Co 204 in 1938 and became KNRy 204 in 1940.  It was scrapped in 1955.


Lake County RR

1617, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #18977, FN 5312-9, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 261. It became Burlington Northern 1617, Class GP-7, in 1970.  It was retired in August 1983 and sold as Great Western Ry 1617 in September 1983.  It was sold as LCRR 1617 in 1996 and sold to Western Rail as WRIX 1617.  It was sold to Northern Illinois &Wisconsin Ry as NIWX 1617 in 2010.

1761, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1954, #19110, FN 5320-20, as Union Pacific 224.  It was retired in February 1979 and sold to Morrison Knudsen on October 1, 1979.  It was rebuilt on March 21, 1980, as San Diego & Arizona Eastern 101 and later transferred as Kyle RR 101.  It later was transferred as San Joaquin Valley RR 101 and sold as WRIX 1761.  It later became LCRR 1761 in October 2005.


Long-Bell Lumber Co.

This is a national company.


Lorane Valley Lumber Co.

2.

3 was built by Alco-Schenectady in November 1927, #67544, as Walter A Woodard Lumber Co 3.  It became J E Chambers & Sons 3 in 1942 and became LVL 3 in 1946.  It was sold as Robert Dollar Co 3 in 1951 and donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in 1959.  It went to Bay Area Electric Association in 1978 and donated to Pacific Locomotive Association in 1999.  It is in service as RDL 3 since 2007.


McKenna Lumber Co.

2978 was built by Lima in May 31, 1918, #2978, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as North Bend Mill & Lumber Co 2978.  It became Stout Lumber Co 2978 on January 12, 1924.  It was converted as oil burner on October 7, 1925, and sold as MLCo 2978.  It was sold as Conlaugh & McKenna Lumber Co 2928 and sold as Oregon White Cedar Co 2978 on December 6, 1928.  It was sold as Ingham Lumber Co 2978 and became as Robert Dollar Lumber Co 2928 on April 20, 1946.  It was donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in April 1961 and leased to Western Railway Museum in April 1985.  It was donated to Rotes of Motive Power on April 9, 2005.


Mount Emily Lumber Co.

1 was built by Lima in September 28, 1923, #3233, as Independence Logging Co 1.  It was sold as Mt Emily 1 on February 20, 1928, and retired in 1955.  It was given to Oregon Museum of Science and Industry and then Oregon Historical Society in 1958.  It was stored at the Northern Pacific Terminal and then leased as Cass Scenic RR 3 in 1970.  It was returned to Oregon in 1994 and put in tourist service at Prineville.

2 was built by Alco in March 1925, #66277.  It was sold as Long-Bell Lumber Co 804 and sold as Harbor Plywood Co 804.  It was scrapped by 1959.


Mount Hood RR

1 was built by Baldwin in May 1922, #55397.

18 was built by Alco in 1910, #46941, as Lake Superior & Ishpeming 18, Class SC-4.  It was sold to Marquette & Huron Mountain RR as 18, Class SC-4, and was then sold to Ishpeming Steel Co in January 1985.  It was then sold to Lake States Steam Association as 18 and then to Grand Canyon Ry as 18 in 1989.  It was sold as Mount Hood RR 18 in April 2007 and sold as San Luis & Rio Grande RR 18 on January 31, 2008.


North Bend Mill & Lumber Co.

2978 was built by Lima in May 31, 1918, #2978, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as NBM&L 2978.  It became Stout Lumber Co 2978 on January 12, 1924.  It was converted as oil burner on October 7, 1925, and sold as McKenna Lumber Co 2978.  It was sold as Conlaugh & McKenna Lumber Co 2928 and sold as Oregon White Cedar Co 2978 on December 6, 1928.  It was sold as Ingham Lumber Co 2978 and became as Robert Dollar Lumber Co 2928 on April 20, 1946.  It was donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in April 1961 and leased to Western Railway Museum in April 1985.  It was donated to Rotes of Motive Power on April 9, 2005.


Northwest Rail Museum

644, SDP40Fu,  was built by Electro-Motive in August 1974, #74611-65, FN 74611-65, as Amtrak 644.  It was sold as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 644 in September 1984 and rebuilt at San Bernardino in May 1985 as 5266. Class 5250.  It later became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 6976, Class SDF40-2, on April 2, 1998, and retired in May 2002.  It was sold to Chris Fussell and sent as NRMX 644.  It was leased to Portland & Western.


Oregon & Northwestern RR

1, AS616, was built by Baldwin in May 1953, #75826, as Baldwin Locomotive Works 1601.  It was sold as O&NW 1 in 1955 and retired when the line was abandoned in 1985.  It was sold to San Diego Railroad Museum.

102, S3, was built by Alco in May 1952, #79774, as Brooks-Scanlon Inc 102.  It became O&NW 102 in January 1957 and sold as City of Prineville Ry 103 on September 25, 1968.  It was rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen in April 1972 and sold to D A Wilson Co in 1983.  It was sold as Kewash RR 103 in October 1983 and resold as Sisseton Southern RR 103 in 1988.  It became Dakota Southern RR 103 in 1989.


Oregon California & Eastern

This was a Weyerhauser road.


Oregon Coastline Express

110, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1943, #18059, as United States Navy 65-00286,  It was sold as Tillamook County Naval Airport Commission 1 and then Port of Tillamook Bay RR 110 in 1953,  It was assigned as OCE 110 and scrapped in 1994.

700 "Lil Toot Toot", 80 Ton, was built by General Electric as a United States Army diesel.  It was sold to Bob Steele & Associates in 1989 and rebuilt with parts from 110 and became OCE 700 "Lil  Toot Toot".  It was sold as Oregon Pacific RR 501 on March 2, 1999, and leased to CDL Pacific Grain Terminal.

701B, slug, was built by Alco in May 1955, #80922, as Northern Pacific 750, a S5.  It became Burlington Northern 950, Class ASW-6, in 1970 and retired in 1972.   It was rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen Co in May 1973, #617103, as Columbia & Cowlitz Ry 701B and sold to OCEX 701B in 1996.


Oregon Lumber Co.

104 was built by Heisler inSeptember 1910, #1188, as Nibley Mimnaugh Lumber Co 104.

105 was built by Climax in July 1919, #1533, as Hollack & Howard Lumber Co 6.  It was sold as OLCo 105 in 1927 and scrapped in 1949.


Oregon Pacific & Eastern

19 was built by Baldwin in April 1915, #42000, as Caddo & Choctaw RR 4 "R L Rowan".  It became Choctaw River Lumber Co 4 and sold in 1924 as United Mining & Smelting Co 2069.  It was resold again in 1924 as  McCloud River RR 19. It was later sold to the Yreka Western as 19 in 1953 and in 1971 it became OP&E 19. It was later returned to the YW in 1988.

602, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive on June 1952, #17230, FN 6443-2, as Bamberger RR 602.  It was sold as Yreka Western RR 602 in 1958 and transferred as OP&E 602 in 1978.  It was sold to Oregon Pacific RR 602 in 1994 but never relettered.  It was sent to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 602 in July 2010.

2.


Oregon Pacific Ry.

This has a special page.


Oregon Shortline LLC

70, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric on December 1956, #32679, as Lehigh Portland Cement Co 1.  The plant became LaFarge Cement Co 1.  It was donated to the local Lions Club and operated by Pend Oreille Valley as POVA 103 in 1998.  It was sold to Almanor RR but never relettered.  When Almanor abandoned, it was sold as OS 70 in November 2011. 


Oregon Steel Mills, Inc.

Y116, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1940, #12979, as United States Army 7795.  It was assigned to Kankakee Ordnance Works as 42.  It later was sold as OSM Y116 and later scrapped

956, T6, was built by Alco in February 1968, #3489-01, as Portland Terminal RR 47.  It was sold as OSM 756 in 1987 and renumbered 9602.  It was sold to Schnitzer Steel Products Co as International Terminals 9624.


Oregon-Washington Plywood Corp.

No number, 15 Ton, Plymouth.

No number, 45 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in September 1945, #60651, as United States Navy 65-00153.  It was sold as Tillamook County Naval Airport Commission 2 and then Port of Tillamook Bay RR 2 in 1953.  It was then sold to OWP no number and then sold as Evans Railcar EP-10.  It was then renumbered as Itel Railcar EP-10 and finally as Gunderson Rail Car Services 1.


Oregon White Cedar Co.

2978 was built by Lima in May 31, 1918, #2978, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as North Bend Mill & Lumber Co 2978.  It became Stout Lumber Co 2978 on January 12, 1924.  It was converted as oil burner on October 7, 1925, and sold as McKenna Lumber Co 2978.  It was sold as Conlaugh & McKenna Lumber Co 2928 and sold as OWC 2978 on December 6, 1928.  It was sold as Ingham Lumber Co 2978 and became as Robert Dollar Lumber Co 2928 on April 20, 1946.  It was donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in April 1961 and leased to Western Railway Museum in April 1985.  It was donated to Rotes of Motive Power on April 9, 2005.


Peninsula Terminal Co.

PT Rail Services

103 was built by Baldwin in June 1922, #55482, as Silver Falls Timber Co 103.  It was sold to Alaska Junk Co in 1938 and sold as PTCo 103 in 1947.  It was sold to William Heckman in May 1965 as Black Hills Central RR 103 and is in restoration.

104 was built by Baldwin in April 1926, #59137, as SFTCo 104.  It was sold to Alaska Junk in 1938 and sold as PTCo 104 in 1947.  It was sold to William Heckman in May 1965 as BHCR 104 and is in regular service.

3, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1955, #32510, as Sioux City Terminal Ry 3.  It was sold as PTCo 3 in January 1966 and sold to Hall Buck Marine as 30.  It was returned to PTCo and sold as Utah Central Ry 30.

91, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1957, #22468, as  Great Northern  688, Class GP-9. It became Burlington Northern 1761 in 1970 and was sold to Helm Leasing in January 1986. They sold it to C&J RR as 1 in October 1986 and it later became Ohio Central RR 91 in May 1988.  It was sold to PT Rail Services as 91 on May 15, 2000, and sold to Joseph Transportation Services Inc as JTPX 1703.

7513, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1956, #21007, FN 5447-21, as New York Central 5994, Class DRS-9d.  It was renumbered 7394, Class ERS-17, in 1966 and became Penn Central 7394, Class ERS-17, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7394, Class GP-9, in April 1976 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as Conrail 7513, Class GP-10, in 1978.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment Co and sold as Peninsula Terminal RR 7513.


Portland & Western RR

This road is part of the Genesee & Wyoming system.


Portland Astoria & Pacific RR

101 was built by Alco-Brooks in August 1920, #61850.  It was sold as Minarets & Western RR 101 in May 1922 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in November 1935.  It was sold as Aberdeen & Rockfish 40 in December 1935.  It was retired in 1952 and sold as Valley RR of Connecticut 40 in 1977.


Portland Terminal RR

Northern Pacific Terminal Co.

35, S2, was built by Alco in October 1943, #70214.  It was sold as Nekoosa Paper Co 15 in October 1971.

36, S2, was built by Alco in September 1943, #70215.  It was sold as Railway Equipment Leasing Co 1076 and renumbered 1078.  It was donated to Pacific Northwest Chapter NRHS.

38, S2, was built by Alco in January 1949, #76581.  It was sold to Fort Howard Paper Co as FHPX 63-138 and donated to Three River Museum on October 22, 2002.  It was lettered and painted as Muskogee Railroads 63-138.

44, S4, was built by Alco in February 1954, #80297.  It was sold as RE 1071 in 1988.

47, T6, was built by Alco in February 1968, #3489-02.  It was sold as Oregon Steel Mills 756 in 1987 and renumbered 9602.  It was sold to Schnitzer Steel Products Co as International Terminals 9624.


Port of Tillamook Bay RR

2, 45 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in September 1945, #60651, as United States Navy 65-00153.  It was sold as Tillamook County Naval Airport Commission 2 and then POTB 2 in 1953.  It was then sold to Oregon Washington Plywood Corp no number and then sold as Evans Railcar EP-10.  It was then renumbered as Itel Railcar EP-10 and finally as Gunderson Rail Car Services 1.

101, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1956, #21703, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6066, Class MRSE-17. It was reclassified GP-9 in 1964. It went to Huron & Eastern in 1989 and was sold to Idaho Northern & Pacific as 101 in November 1993. In 1994 it was sold to the POTB as 101.

110, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1943, #18059, as U S Navy 65-00286,  It was sold as TCNAC 1 and then POTB 110 in 1953,  It was assigned as Oregon Coastline Express 110 and scrapped in 1994,

4381, SD9u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1955, #19945, as Southern Pacific 5404, Class DF-122.  It was renumbered 3882, Class EF618-3, in 1965 and rebuilt as 4381, Class EF618-1, in February 1974.  It was sold to Helm Leasing in 1986 and resold as POTB 4381 in 1986.  It was wrecked in January 1999 and retired.

6114, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #22489, as Great Northern 587, Class SD-9.  It became Burlington Northern 6114, Class SD-9, in 1970 and became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 6114, Class SD-9.  It was sold as POTB 6114 in 2002 and scrapped in August 2010.

6116, SD-9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25013, as Colorado & Southern 833.  It was renumbered 6228, Class SD-9, in August 1979 and became BN 6228, Class SD-9, in January 1982.  It became BNSF 6116, Class SD-9, in January 1999 and sold as POTB 6116 in 2002.

6124, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25015, FN 5589-5, as C&S 835.  It was renumbered 6230, Class SD-9, in August 1979 and became BN 6230, Class SD-9, in January 1982.  It became BNSF 6124, Class SD-9, in February 1998 and sold as POTB 6124 in 2002.

6156, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1955, #20564, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 354.  It became BN 6156, Class SD-9, in 1970 and became BNSF 6156, Class SD-9.  It was sold as POTB 6156 in December 2002 and scrapped in April 2009.

6164, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1955, #20572, as CB&Q 362.  It became BN 6164, Class SD-9, in 1970 and became BNSF 6164, Class SD-9.  It was sold as POTB 6164 in 2002.


Schnitzer Steel Products Co.

International Terminals

956, T6, was built by Alco in February 1968, #3489-01, as Portland Terminal RR 47.  It was sold as Oregon Steel Mills 756 in 1987 and renumbered 9602.  It was sold to SSPCo as International Terminals 9624.


Shaw-Bertram Lumber Co.

5 was built by Lima Locomotive Works in January 23, 1924, #3249, as Security Logging Co 2.  It was resold as Snow Lumber & Shingle Co 2 on July 8, 1924, and sold as S-BLCo 5 in April 1929.  It was sold to Klamath Locomotive & Machine Works Inc on October 14, 1937, and sold as Snellstrom Brothers Co 5 in 1938.  It was converted to burn wood in 1942 and became Long-Bell Lumber Co 5 on July 9, 1945.  It was donated to City of Longview, WA, in 1955.  It was removed from display and taken apart on March 1, 1998.  It was restored complete in 2005 and put on display under a new roof on October 15, 2003.


Silver Falls Timber Co.

103 was built by Baldwin in June 1922, #55482.  It was sold to Alaska Junk Co in 1938 and sold as Peninsula Terminal Co 103 in 1947.  It was sold to William Heckman in May 1965 as Black Hills Central RR 103 and is in reconstruction.

104 was built by Baldwin in April 1926, #59137.  It was sold to Alaska Junk in 1938 and sold as PTCo 104 in 1947.  It was sold to William Heckman in May 1965 as BHCR 104 and is in regular service.


Snellstrom Brothers Co.

5 was built by Lima Locomotive Works in January 23, 1924, #3249, as Security Logging Co 2.  It was resold as Snow Lumber & Shingle Co 2 on July 8, 1924, and sold as Shaw-Bertram Lumber Co 5 in April 1929.  It was sold to Klamath Locomotive & Machine Works Inc on October 14, 1937, and sold as SBCo 5 in 1938.  It was converted to burn wood in 1942 and became Long-Bell Lumber Co 5 on July 9, 1945.  It was donated to City of Longview, WA, in 1955.  It was removed from display and taken apart on March 1, 1998.  It was restored complete in 2005 and put on display under a new roof on October 15, 2003.


Stout Lumber Co.

2978 was built by Lima in May 31, 1918, #2978, for Hofius Steel & Equipment Co.  It was sold as North Bend Mill & Lumber Co 2978.  It became SLCo 2978 on January 12, 1924.  It was converted as oil burner on October 7, 1925, and sold as McKenna Lumber Co 2978.  It was sold as Conlaugh & McKenna Lumber Co 2928 and sold as Oregon White Cedar Co 2978 on December 6, 1928.  It was sold as Ingham Lumber Co 2978 and became as Robert Dollar Lumber Co 2928 on April 20, 1946.  It was donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in April 1961 and leased to Western Railway Museum in April 1985.  It was donated to Rotes of Motive Power on April 9, 2005.


Sumpter Valley RR

250 was built by Baldwin in May 1926, #59261, as Uintah Ry 50.  It was sold as SVRR 250 in 1939 and sold as International Railways of Central America 250 in 1947.


Tillamook County Naval Airport Commission

1, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1943, #18059, as United States Navy 65-00286,  It was sold as TCNAC 1 and then Port of Tillamook Bay RR 110 in 1953,  It was assigned as Oregon Coastline Express 110 and scrapped in 1994,

2, 45 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in September 1945, #60651, as USN 65-00153.  It was sold as TCNAC 2 and then POTB 2 in 1953.  It was then sold to Oregon Washington Plywood Corp no number and then sold as Evans Railcar EP-10.  It was then renumbered as Itel Railcar EP-10 and finally as Gunderson Rail Car Services 1.


Union RR of Oregon

1, 25 Ton HLC2, was built by Plymouth in June 1928, #2922, for Guy F Atkinson Co.  It was sold to U S Bureau of Reclamation and sold as General Contruction Co 3.  It was sold as UO 1 in 1940.  It was retired in 1989 and sold to Eldon C Stutsman Trucking Co in 1992.

2, 35 Ton, ML8, was built by Plymouth in 1936, #3836, as Blissfield RR 61.  It became Ohio & Morenci RR 61 in 1936 and sold as Nezperce RR 11 in 1954.  It was sold as UO 2 in 1979 and retired in 1989.  It was sold to Rick Franklin Corp as RFRX 2 in 1993.


Valley & Siletz RR

8, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1946, #28340 as Almanor RR 106. It was sold as Big Creek & Telocaset RR 106 in 1955 and transferred as Valsetz Lumber Co 1 in 1959.  It became Boise Cascade Corp 1 and later became V&S 8.  It was sold to Stimson Lumber Co in May 1985 and sold to Oregon Coast Scenic RR in 2009.

11, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1955, #32283.  It was sold as Prescott & Northwestern 24.


Valsetz Lumber Co.

1, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1946, #28340 as Almanor RR 106. It was sold as Big Creek & Telocaset RR 106 in 1955 and transferred as VLCo 1 in 1959.  It became Boise Cascade Corp 1 and later became Valley & Siletz RR 8.  It was sold to Stimson Lumber Co in May 1985 and sold to Oregon Coast Scenic RR in 2009.


Wallowa Union RR

4508, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #29912, FN 7774-13, as Southern Ry 2657. It was leased as Wheeling & Lake Erie 2657 and sold to National Ry Equipment Co in October 1992. It was sold to Idaho Northern & Pacific as 4508 in 1994.  It was sold as WURR 4508 in 2003.

 


White City Terminal & Utility Co.

5119, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1955, #32284, as Southern Pacific 5119, Class DS-505.  It was reclassified Class GS407-5 in 1966 and sold as WCTU 5119 in June 1975.  It was sold as Modesto & Empire Traction Co 613 in 2005.  It was sold to Sterling Rail in 2010 and sold to Pacific Southwest Railway Museum in 2011.  It is to be restored as SP 5119.


Willamette Valley RR

201, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1965, #30240, as Southern Pacific 1608, Class DS-124.  It was renumbered 2273, Class ES412-5, in 1966 and later sold as WVRD 2273.  It was renumbered 201 and was sold as Tulsa Port of Catoosa 022 in 1993.

2274, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1965, #30241, as SP 1609, Class DS-124.  It was renumbered 2274, Class ES412-5, in 1966 and later sold as WVRD 2274.  It was sold as TCP 555 in 1993.


Walter A Woodard Lumber Co.

3 was built by Alco-Schenectady in November 1927, #67544.  It became J E Chambers & Sons 3 in 1942 and became Lorane Valley Lumber Co 3 in 1946.  It was sold as Robert Dollar Co 3 in 1951 and donated to San Francisco Maritime Museum in 1959.  It went to Bay Area Electric Association in 1978 and donated to Pacific Locomotive Association in 1999.  It is in service as RDL 3 since 2007.

 

Roster information: Randy Keller, J R Leal

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

11/13/2017

Memorial of Saint Amandus of Rennes

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

You will not see anyone who is in truly striving after his spiritual advancement who is not given to spiritual reading.

--Saint Athanasius of Alexandria

 

Our body gives enough heat in 30 mins. to boil 1.5 liters of water!!