Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

New Jersey Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Black River System RR

Belvidere & Delaware River RR

Black River & Western RR

We have a page on these lines.


Bridgewater Resources Inc.

735, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1941, #1261, FN E372-13, as New York Central 629, Class DES-6d.  It was renumbered 679 and renumbered 8476, Class ES-6, in 1966.  It became Penn Central 8476, Class ES-6, in 1968.  It became National Railway Passenger Corp (Amtrak) 245 in 1976 and renumbered 735.  It was sold as Octoraro RR 735 in September 1985 and sold as Tank Car Co of America 735.  It was sold as BRI 735 in 2004.


Co-Steel Sayersville Corp.

New Jersey Steel Co.

257, SW8, Class ESM-8, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14028, FN 4092-2, as Lehigh Valley RR 257, Class DS-4.  It was reclassified Class ESM-8 in 1962 and later became Consolidated Railroad Corp 8671, Class SW-8, in April 1976.  It was sold as NJSCo 008 in 1986 and became CSSCorp 008.


East Jersey RR & Terminal Co.

18, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1950, #30497.


Ingersoll-Rand Corp.

91, 66 Ton, was built by Alco-General Electric-Ingersoll Rand in June 1926, #66683, 10026, as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 3001.  It was sold as IR 91 in July 1951 and donated to Illinois Railway Museum on August 1, 1984.


 Jersey Central Terminal RR

43, RS1, was built by Alco in October 1949, #71774, as Chicago & Western Indiana 256.  It was sold as Genesee & Wyoming 43 in 1970 and sold as JCT 43 in 1981.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co as 43.


 Jersey Southern RR

16, S2, was built by Alco in November 1948, #76203, as Baltimore & Ohio 522, Class DS-5A.  It was renumbered 9066, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1965.  It was sold to Luntz Iron & Steel on November 3, 1972, and resold via George R. Silcott as Wyandotte Terminal 106.  It was out of business on December 30, 1982, and sold to Chrome Crankshaft.  It was sold to Rail Service Associates in August 1982 and assigned as Ontario Midland RR 16.  It was transferred as JSRR 16 in October 1983 and service ended on February 1, 1987.  It was sold to Camden Port Authority and assigned as Linco Stone & Supply Co 106.


Linco Stone & Supply Co.

106, S2, was built by Alco in November 1948, #76203, as Baltimore & Ohio 522, Class DS-5A.  It was renumbered 9066, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1965.  It was sold to Luntz Iron & Steel on November 3, 1972, and resold via George R. Silcott as Wyandotte Terminal 106.  It was out of business on December 30, 1982, and sold to Chrome Crankshaft.  It was sold to Rail Service Associates in August 1982 and assigned as Ontario Midland RR 16.  It was transferred as Jersey Southern 16 in October 1983 and service ended on February 1, 1987.  It was sold to Camden Port Authority and assigned as LS&S 106.


Magor Car Corp.

Fruehauf Rail Corp.

5608, 40 Ton WDT, was built by Plymouth in December 1952, #5608, as Magor 5608.  It was sold as Fruehauf Rail Corp 5608 and renumbered 456.  It was sold as Laurinburg & Southern 108 in August 1973 and sold to Shorty's Truck & Railroad Car Parts in September 1998.


McCormack Sand & Gravel Co.

9076, S2, was built by Alco in December 1948, #75607, as Baltimore & Ohio 9076, Class DS-5A.  It was renumbered 9076, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1965.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal on June 25, 1976, and sold to George R Silcott Co.  It was sold as McCormack Sand & Gravel Co 9076 in 1976 and returned as Silcott 9076 in 1982.  It was sent back to Naporano Iron & Metal for scrap in 1982.


Morris County Central RR

4039 was built by Schenectady in November 1942, #70421, as United States Army 4039.  It was sold to Virginia Blue Ridge as 5 on February 17, 1947.  It was then sold to MCC 4039 in 1966.

2174 was an Erie RR car.


Morristown & Erie RR

12.

14, S4, was built Alco in April 1952, #79786.  It was named "Mauritius Jensen" and rebuilt and renamed in July 1981 as "T G Peterson".  It was sold to Linden Chlorine Products Co in 1986.

15, RS1, was built by Alco in September 1944, #72817, as Dahlgren Testing Station 6.  It was renumbered U S Navy 65-00078 and sold as M&E 15 "R W McEwan" in 1963.  The name was removed later and then sold to Valley RR of Connecticut in September 1986.  It was then sold to Central New England and scrapped.

16, C430, was built by Alco in December 1967, #3494-05, as New York Central 2054, Class AF-30.  It became Penn Central 2054, Class AF-30, in 1968 and Consolidated Railroad Corp 2054, Class C-430, in April 1976.  It was sold as M&E 16 in August 1982 and then as Livonia Avon & Lakeville 16 in May 2001.

17, C430, was built by Alco in December 1967, #3494-04, as NYC 2053, Class AF-30.  It became PC 2053, Class AF-30, in 1968 and Conrail 2053, Class C-430, in April 1976.  It was sold as M&E 17 in 1983 and then as LA&L 17 in May 2001.  It was renumbered 431 and assigned as Western NewYork & Pennsylvania 431.

18, C424, was built by Alco in September 1964, #3382-01, as Toledo Peoria & Western 800. It was rebuilt by Alco in June 1965 after a wreck. In December 1983 it became M&E 18.

19, C424, was built by Alco in September 1964, #3382-02, as TP&W 801. After a wreck it was rebuilt by Alco in June 1965, #8181-02. It became M&E 19 in December 1983.

2017, FL9, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1960, #21991, FN 3198-A16, as New York New Haven & Hartfor 2045, Class EDER-5A.  It became Penn Central 5045, Class EP-18E, in 1969, and Consolidated Railroad Corp 5045, Class FL-9, in April 1976.  It later became Metro-North Commuter RR 5045 and rebuilt as 2017.  It was sold as 636 Leasing LLC as SIXX 2017 and sold as M&E 2017 for parts.

4223, C424, was built by Montreal in October 1965, #84861, as Canadian Pacific 4223, Class DRS-24b.  It was sold as Quebec-Gatineau Ry 4223 in 1997 and resold as Delaware-Lackawanna RR 4223 in 1999.  It was sold as M&E 4223 in October 2001.

4231, C424, was built by Montreal in October 1965, #84869, as CP 4231, Class DRS-24b. It was sold as M&E 4231 and scrapped on April 3. 2014.

4264, C425, was built by Alco in June 1966, #3461-07, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 324.  It became Burlington Northern 4264, Class C-425, in 1970.  It was retired and sold to Chrome in August 1980, and then to Kyle RR as 4264.  It was later sold as Arkansas & Missouri RR 4264 and sold as Massachusetts Central RR 4264.  It was sold as Pook Valley Leasing 4264 and sold as M&E 4264.  It was sold as Western New York & Pennsylvania RR 4264.

TC-1.


Naporano Iron & Metals Co.

We have a page on this company.


New York Shipbuilding Co.

2320, 35 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1952, #31199.  It became South Jersey Port Corp 31199 in 1970.


Pook Valley Leasing

44, M420W, was built by Montreal in 1977, #M6092-14, as Canadian National 2573, Class MR-20c.  It was renumbered 3573 in 1986 and retired on February 26, 1998.  It was sold as St Lawrence & Atlantic Ry 3573 in 1998 and sold as PVL 44 in 2003.

4264, C425, was built by Alco in June 1966, #3461-07, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 324.  It became Burlington Northern 4264, Class C-425, in 1970.  It was retired and sold to Chrome in August 1980, and then to Kyle RR as 4264.  It was later sold as Arkansas & Missouri RR 4264 and sold as Massachusetts Central RR 4264.  It was sold as PVL 4264 and sold as Morristown & Erie RR 4264.  It was sold as Western New York & Pennsylvania RR 4264.


Rahway Valley RR

The RV was incorporated in 1904 and took over the New Orange Four Junction RR. It extends from Summit to Aldene and Roselle Park, 10.75 miles.

13 was built by Baldwin in 1905 and was formerly Lehigh & New England 19, Class E-7, purchased in 1928.

 

14 was built by Baldwin in 1905 and was formerly L&NE 20, Class E-7, purchased in 1928.

17, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1954, #32130.


Raritan Central Ry.

1728 GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1957, #23226, FN 7549-1, as Boston & Maine 1728, Class DRS-4a.  It was transferred asSpringfield Terminal RR 66 and sold as Massachusetts Central RR 1728 in 1966.  It was sold as RCRY 1728 in 2003.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Electric Co in 2014.

3110, B23-7, was built by General Electric in February 1978, #41807, as Seaboard Coast Line 5110.  It later became Seaboard System 5110 in January 1983 and later became Seaboard System 3110, Class B23-7, in  April 1986.  It was sold as RCRY 3110 in 2002 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment in April 2013.


Raritan Copper Works

8 was built by H K Porter in June 1924, #6917.  It became International Smelting & Refining Co 8 in 1934 which is an Anaconda company.  It was sold as Edaville Corp 8 and resold to Harry Stebbins as 8.

11 was built by H K Porter in May 1925, #6976.  It became IS&R 11 in 1934 and sold as Edaville 11.


Raritan River Steel Co.

L-3, T6, was built by Alco in March 1958, #83860, as Pennsylvania RR 8427, Class AS-10a. It was renumbered 9847 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9847, Class AS-10a, in 1968. It later became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9847, Class T-6, in April 1976 and was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal as 1000 in June 1976. It was leased to RRSCo as L-3 and later sold to Black River & Western as 56. It was then sold to West Jersey RR as 56 in 1994 and then to Vandalia RR as 56 in April 1995. It then was transferred to Pioneer Railcorp as 101 and sold as Georges Creek RR 101 in March 2008.


River Terminal Development Corp.

5, 44 Ton, was built by Davenport in July 1953, #3374, as United States Army 1226.  It was sold to Streigel Supply Co and sold as RTD 5 in 1974.


John A Roebling's Sons Co.

6, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1949, #29901.  It was sold to Crane Co-Chapman Valve Co and to Enco Construction Co and to American Modular Homes and to Modular Homes and to A J Belliveau RR Construction.  It was sold as Central New England RR 0825 in NH style.


Shore Fast Line RR

1145, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1966, #31219, FN 7859-4, by Missouri Pacific 1145.  It was sold as SFL 1145 and later became Southern RR of New Jersey 1145 in 1991,  It was later sold as Brownsville & Rio Grande International Ry 1145.

2884 "Rudy Kraus", U30B, was built by General Electric in November 1967, #38435, as New York Central 2884, Class GF-30.  It became Penn Central 2884, Class GF-30, in 1968 and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 2884, Class U-30-B, in April 1976.  It was sold as SFL 2884 and became SRRNJ 2884 in 1991.  It was resold.


SMS Lines

101, DS4-4-1000, was built by Baldwin in April 1947, #72840, as Copper Range RR 101.  It was sold as New Hope & Ivyland 101 in February 1970 and sold as Tyburn RR 101 in 1989.  It was renumbered 1293 and resold as SMS Lines 101 in 1994.

102, DS4-4-750, was built by Baldwin in February 1951, #73658, as Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co 701.  It was sold as Pickens RR 5 "Allan M Baum" in 1977 and sold as SMS Lines 102 in 2001.

302, DS4-4-1000, was built by Baldwin in April 1949, #74110, as Pennsylvania RR 9069, Class BS-10.  It was renumbered 8019 in 1966 and became Penn Central 8019, Class BS-10, in 1968.  It was renumbered 8281 in March 1972 and sold as NH&I 302 in 1975.  It was sold as TYBR 302 in 1989 and renumbered 1494.  It was resold as SMS 1494 in 1994 and renumbered 302 in 1997.  It was restored as Pennsylvania RR 9069 in 2007.

303, S12, was built by Baldwin in October 1953, #75922, as Southern Pacific 1547, Class DS-118.  It was renumbered 2154, Class BS412-4, in 1966 and sold as Metropolitan Stevedore Co 2 on August 9, 1974.  It was later sold as Wills Brothers 5683 and then became Johnston's Terminal Muskogee 007.  It later was sold as SMS Lines 303 in 1995.

552, AS616, was built by Baldwin in March 1954, #75835, as Trona RR 52.   It was sold as JTM 52 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 552 in 1995.

553, AS616, was built by Baldwin in April 1951, #75139, as Southern Pacific 5249, Class DF-108.  It was sold as Trona 53 in November 1960 and sold as JTM 53 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 553 in 1995.

554, AS616 was built by Baldwin in June 1952, #75357, as Kaiser Steel Corp 1012B.  It was renumbered 1028 and sold as Rayonier Inc 14 in 1973.  It was resold as Trona 54 in 1986 and sold as JTM 54 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 554 in 1995.


Southern RR of New Jersey

We have a page on this company.


South Jersey Port Corp.

31199, 35 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1952, #31199, as New York Shipbuilding Co 2320.  It became SJPC 31199 in 1970.


Trap Rock Industries Co.

No number, 20 Ton, was built by Davenport in April 1941, #2355, as U S Army 7668.  It was sold to TRICo no number and then as Black River & Western 50 in 1980.


Tuckerton RR

Southern New Jersey RR

6 was built by Baldwin in January 1910, #34161.  It became SNJ 6 in 1936 and scrapped in 1940.

M-1 was built by Vulcan in 1926, #3216.


Union Transportation Co.

(9999), 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1949, #30146, as Pennsylvania RR 9353, Class GS-4.  It was renumbered 9999 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9999, Class GS-4, in 1968.  It was leased to UTCo and made the last run on April 14, 1976.  It apparently was never added to Conrail roster and sold to Valley Mould & Iron Co but never relettered.


West Jersey RR

West Jersey Short Line Inc.

56, T6, was built by Alco in March 1958, #83860, as Pennsylvania RR 8427, Class AS-10a. It was renumbered 9847 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9847, Class AS-10a, in 1968. It later became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9847, Class T-6, in April 1976 and was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal as 1000 in June 1976. It was leased to Raritan River Steel Co as L-3 and later sold to Black River & Western as 56. It was then sold to WJRR as 56 in 1994 and then to Vandalia RR as 56 in April 1995. It then was transferred to Pioneer Railcorp as 101 and sold as Georges Creek RR 101 in March 2008.

7802, RS3m, was built by Alco in March 1953, #80243, as Central RR of New Jersey 1549, Class FPSD-46.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 5379, Class RS-3, and rebuilt as 9931, Class RS-3M, in 1979.  It was sold as WJSL 93 in 1985 and renumbered 7802.  It became WJRR 7802 and sold  as Wabash & Grand River Ry 7802.  It was sold as Fort Smith RR 7802 on November 8, 1991.  It was transferred as Pioneer Railcorp 102 and later became Pioneer Industrial RR 102.

7803, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1952, #80161, as Delaware & Hudson  4071, Class DERS-60.  It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and leased as Providence & Worecester 161 in January 1973.  It was returned as D&H 4071 and then sold as Lamoille Valley Ry 7803.  It was then sold as WJRR 7803 and then West Michigan RR 7803 in 1995.  It was then renumbered 103 in 1995.

7804, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1952, #80184, as D&H 4094, Class DERS-60. It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and later sold to LVRC as 7804. It was later sold to WJRR as 7804 and then to later Decatur Junction RR 7804 in May 1995.


Wharton & Northern RR

2003, DRX6-4-2000, Class PD-30, was built by Baldwin in August 1948, #73750.  It became Central RR of New Jersey 2003, Class PD-30, in December 1952.  It was scrapped.


Winchester & Western RR

We have a page on this company.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

6/6/2017

Memorial of Saint Euphemia of Abyssinia

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Do not be anxious: go straight on, forgetful of self, letting the spirit of God act instread of you own.

--St. Julie Billiart