Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Arkansas Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Arkansas & Missouri RR

We have a full page on this road.


Arkansas Midland RR

This is a Pinsley Railroad line.


Ashley Drew & Northern Ry.

This line ran between Crossett and Monticello was abandoned in 1996.

170, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1948, #30013.  It was sold as Agrico Chemical Co 8 in February 1965.

1206, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1955, #21016, FN 4325-1, as 176.  It was renumbered 1206 in 1989 and sold to J&L Consulting as JLCX 1206 and sold to Rail Switching Services as RSSX 1206.

1513, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1948, #6618, FN E1014-A6, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 32C, Class 16, an F3A. It was renumbered 314C, Class 300, in April 1971, and rebuilt at Cleburne on April 7, 1986, as 2490, Class 2417. It was later as AD&N as 1513 and sold as Arkansas Louisiana & Mississippi 1514 in 1996..

1514, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1951, #13794, FN 3084-A8, as AT&SF 255C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was renumbered 285L in August 1951 and renumbered 255C in January 1954.  It was rebuilt by Cleburne on May 8, 1974 as 2522 and retired on March 31, 1986.  It was sold as AD&N 1514 on April 7, 1986, and became AL&M 1514 in 1996.

1811, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #22324, FN 5517-2, as Illinois Central 9201.  It was rebuilt at Paducah on June 8, 1979, as AD&N 1811 and sold as Chattahoochee Industrial RR 1811 in 1996.

1418.


Augusta Railroad

This little short line, which connected Augusta to the Missouri Pacific line from Memphis to Bald Knob, died in the early 1980s with little fanfare. Prior to 1918 it was the Augusta Tramway and Transfer.

2 was built by Davenport in March 1914, #1480, for the Manila & Southwestern Ry. It was later acquired by the AT&T and numbered 2.

6, 8 Ton STD Model DLL2, was built by Plymouth in February 1940 #4030, as U S Army Quartermaster Corps 821. It later went to Newport Air Field at Newport, AR. It then went to the Augusta RR as 6. It was later purchased by Tommy Tagert who donated it to the Fort Smith Trolley Museum in 1988.

7, 34 Ton, was built by Vulcan in 1942 as Maumelle Ordnance Works 1. It later became U S Army 8223 before going to the Augusta RR as 7. It was also owned by Tommy Tagert and donated to the museum in 1988.

Thanks to Dave Johnson for his additional information.


Bauxite & Northern RR

11, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1954, #19530.  It was sold as Missouri Pacific 1260 and sold to Precision National Corp on June 14, 1985.  It was sold as Columbia Terminal RR 1 in June 1987.


Braswell Sand & Gravel Co.

No number, S3, was built by Alco.

18, S3, was built by Alco in September 1952, #80058, as El Dorado & Wesson 18.  It was sold to Braswell Sand & Gravel Co and resold to Texana Tank Car & Mfg Co as 102.


Caddo Antoine & Little Missouri RR

306, RS20, was built by Alco in May 1951, #78857. as Green Bay & Western 306, RS3. It was rebuilt as RS20 in February 1976. It became Wisconsin Central 306 in 1993 and was later sold to CALM as 306.

319, C424, was built by Alco in 1960 as Alco demonstrator 640-1. It was rebuilt in September, 1963, #84558, as  Pennsylvania RR 2415, Class AF24A. It became Penn Central  2415, Class AF24A, in 1968, and  Consolidated Railroad Corp 2474, Class C424, in April 1976. It was sold to GE Hornell and rebuilt. It was sold to GB&W in January 1980 and entered service as 319 on February 8, 1980.  It became WCLtd 319 in 1993 and sold as CALM 319 in 1994. It was then sold as Livonia Avon & Lakeville 429 in 2002

320, C424, was built by Alco in June 1963, #84554, as Erie Lackawanna 2412, Class MFA-24D-4. In April 1976 it became Conrail 2486, Class C424.  It was sold to GE Hornell and rebuilt. It was sold to GB&W in January 1980 and entered service as 320 on March 19, 1980. It became WCLtd 320 in 1993 and sold as CALM 320 in 1994.  It was then sold to LA&P in 2002.


Caddow & Choctaw RR

7 was built by Baldwin in May 1919, #51771, as Ozan-Garysonia Lumber Co 2 "George Teat".   It was sold as C&C 7 and resold as Prescott & Northwestern RR 7 in 1938.  It was sold in 1961 as Black Hills Central 7.

 

11 was built by Baldwin in February 1925. #58194.  It was sold to Reader RR as 11. It went to the Hart County Scenic RR at Hartwell, Georgia, after abandonment. Steve Sandifer reports that it later went to the Kentucky Central at Paris, Ky.


Camden & Southern RR

20, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18298, as Kirby Lumber Co 1000. It was sold to East Camden & Highland RR as 63 in 1983 and later transferred to Ouachita Ry as 63 in November 1990. It was transferred as CSO 20 in 2011.


A. B. Cook Co.

No Number, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1950, #30591.  It was sold as W J Smith Wood Preserving Co 400 and later resold as Alan Richey Co, no number.


Cotton Plant-Fargo Ry.

This line was opened in 1952 when the Helena & Northwestern was abandoned.  It provided service when needed on the 6 miles from Cotton Plant to the Cotton Belt connection at Fargo.  It finally closed in 1977.

1, 20 Ton, was built by Plymouth in 1928, #2932, for Ohio Seamless Tube Co.  It was sold to S J Groves Co and sold as CPF 1 in 1952.


Delta Southern RR

This line is included in Louisiana.


DeQueen & Eastern

This is a Weyerhauser railroad.


Dierks Lumber & Coal Co.

Dierks Forests, Inc.

This is a Weyerhauser operation.


East Camden & Highland RR

60, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive on March 29, 1949, #7424, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 8746, Class DES-13e. It was reclassified Class ES-10 in 1966 and sold to Precision National Corp in October 1971. It was sold in 1972 as EACH 60 and was rebuilt in 1980.

62, NW2,  was built by Electro-Motive in January 1941, #1313, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 7000, Class DE B-B 61.  It was renumbered 100 on September 13, 1941, and retired on January 19, 1968,  It was sold to Precision Engineering Co on January 19, 1968, and resold as Great Lakes Steel Co 100.  It was sold as EACH 62.

1st 63, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18298, as Kirby Lumber Co 1000. It was sold to EACH as 63 in 1983 and later transferred to Ouachita Ry as 63 in November 1990.  It was transferred as Camden & Southern RR 20 in 2011.

2nd 63, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1957, #24144, FN 4414-13, as Pennsylvania RR 7912. Class ES-12.  It was renumbered 9012 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9012, Class ES-12, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9331, Class SW-1200, in April 1976 and sold as EACH 63

64, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1939, #868, as Great Northern 5309. Class SW-4. It was renumbered 109 in 1943 and became Burlington Northern 457, Class NW-2, in 1970. It was retired in August 1983 and sold to Erman Corp in September 1983. It was resold to EACH as 64 in March 1985 and transferred to OUCH as 64 in November 1990. It was wrecked in April 1998.

65, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #18983, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 267. It became BN 1623, Class GP-7, in 1970 and was sold to I Bork & Sons in December 1983. It was sold to EACH as 65 in March 1985 and later sold to Great Western Ry as 715 in January 1991.


El Dorado & Wesson RR

18, S3, was built by Alco in September 1952, #80058.  It was sold to Braswell Sand & Gravel Co and resold to Texana Tank Car & Mfg Co as 102.

19, S1, was built by Alco in December 1940, #69385, as Massena Terminal RR 8.  It was sold as Rockdale Sandow & Southern RR 19 and sold as El Dorado & Wesson 19.  It was resold to Texana as 101.

22, S2, was built by Alco in September 1943, #70184, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 110, Class DE B-B 69.  It was sold to George R Silcott on August 14, 1963, and sold as Kentucky & Tennessee 101 in March 1964.  It was sold as ED&W 22 in 1987.

23, S2, was built by Alco in May 1944, #72052, as D&RGW 119, Class DE B-B 69.  It was sold to George R Silcott on August 14, 1963, and sold as K&T 103 in March 1964.   It became Big South Fork Scenic Ry 103 and sold as ED&W 23 in 1987.

24, S2, Class DES-69, was built by Alco in November 1949, #77816, as Delaware & Hudson 3028, Class DES-69.  It was reclassified Class S-10 in 1959 and sold as K&T 104 in September 1965.  It was sold as ED&W 24 in 1987.


Eureka Springs & North Arkansas RR

1 was built by Baldwin in November 1906, #29588, as Lufkin Land & Lumber Co 1.  It became Shreveport Houston & Gulf RR 1 and transferred as Carter-Kelley Lumber Co 1 in 1913 It was sold as W. T. Carter & Brother Lumber Co 1 in 1936 and donated to Grigsby Foundation in 1970,  It was leased as Scott & Bearskin RR 1 and later sold to ES&NA as 1 in 1981.

8 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977, as Oklahoma Portland Cement Co 2.  It was sold as Virgin Pine Lumber Co 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&R Lumber Co 15 in July 1926.  It was sold as Goodyear Yellow Pine Co 2 in April 1931 and sold as Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co 15 on August 14, 1944.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as Pascagoula Veneer Co 1.  It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as Dixie Midland Ry 8.  It was sold as ES&NA 8 in 1983 and sold as Lowville & Beaver River RR 8 in 1989.  It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.

201 was built by Alco-Cooke in January 1906, #39094, as Isthmian Canal Commission 203.  It was sold to Equitable Equipment Co and sold as Carter 201 in 1922.  It was transferred as Moscow Camden & San Augustine 201 in March 1929 and donated to Grisby Foundation in 1970.  It was leased as  Scott & Bearskin RR 201 and later sold to ES&NA as 201 in 1981.

226 was built by Baldwin in May 1927, #60005, as Dierks Lumber & Coal Co 226.  It became Dierks Forests Inc 226 in November 1954 and later donated to City of Benton.  It was sold to ES&NA as 226 in 1988.

4742, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1942, #1379, FN E457-2, as Chicago & Eastern Illinois 98. It was renumbered 6000 in 1967 and sold to Whisler Equipment Co in 1970. It was then sold to Granite Mountain Quarries as W109 in 1970. It was renumbered 4742 and later sold to ES&NA as 4742.

50 was built in 1927.  It was Gulf Mobile & Ohio 50 and sold as ES&NA 50. It was sold to John Paul DeJoria which owns Patron Spirits Co in 1992 where it was rebuilt in rococo style as Patron Tequila Express.  The Amtrak number is 800539.


Fordyce & Princeton RR

This line was purchased by Genesee & Wyoming.


Foreman Portland Cement Co.

60, VO660, was built in May 1942, #65253, as Alabama Tennesee & Northern 600.  It was merged as St Louis-Ssn Francisco as 60 and later sold to FPCCo as 60.  It was later resold as Arkla Chemical Corp as 60 in 1967.


Fort Smith & Western RR

Most of this line was in Oklahoma/


Fort Smith Subiaco & Rock Island RR

101 was built by Baldwin in April 1918, #48420, for Russian State Rys, but was diverted by United States Railway Adminstration 1195,  It was sold to Southern Ry as 8029 in April 1918. It was transferred as Missouri Kansas & Texas 8029 and sold it to the FSS&RI as 101 in 1920.  When St Louis-San Francisco's first 1621 was destroyed in a dynamite blast in the 1920s, they traded 4-6-0 614 to them and replaced the 1621 in 1925. It was sold to EP in November 1951 and donated in July 1961 on display at the Museum of Transportation at Kirkwood, MO.

2522 was built by Cooke in 1898 as Missouri Pacific 771.  It was renumbered 2522 in 1917 and later sold to FSS&RI as 2522.


Gifford-Hill Co.

This is a national company.


Granite Mountain Quarries

4742, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1942, #1379, FN E457-2, as Chicago & Eastern Illinois 98. It was renumbered 6000 in 1967 and sold to Whisler Equipment Co in 1970. It was then sold to GMQ as W109 in 1970. It was renumbered 4742 and later sold to Eureka Springs & North Arkansas as 4742.


Graysonia Nashville & Ashdown RR

45.

60.


Little Rock & Western

This became a Genessee & Wyoming line.


Little Rock Port Authority RR

RE1017, S2, was built by Alco in December 1947, #75550, as Delaware & Hudson 3012, Class DES-69.  It was sold as Erie RR 530, Class SA-10, in November 1955 and became Erie Lackawanna 530, Class SA-10, in 1960.  It was sold as Railway Equipment Leasing Co 1017 in 1972 and leased as LRPA RE1017 in 1972.


Maumelle Ordnance Works

1, 34 Ton, was built by Vulcan in 1942. It later became United States Army 8223 before going to the Augusta RR as 7. It was also owned by Tommy Tagert and donated to the museum in 1988.


Meriwether Gravel Co.

336 was built by Baldwin in March 1909, #33286, as St Louis South-Western 336, Class D-3. It was sold to MGCo as 336 on January 1, 1947. It was sold in 1961 to Gifford-Hill Corp in 1961 and placed on display in 1963 at Lewisville, AR.


Missouri & Northern Arkansas

We have a special page on this railroad.


OK Feed Mills

Just south of the station at Fort Smith is the OK Feed Mills which used this home made critter for switching cars. It has since been scrapped, and they borrow a trackmobile from the Fort Smith Trolley Museum from time to time.


Ouachita Ry.

63, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18298, as Kirby Lumber Co 1000. It was sold to East Camden & Highland RR as 63 in 1983 and later transferred to OUCH as 63 in November 1990. It was transferred as Camden & Southern RR 20 in 2011.

64, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1939, #868, as Great Northern 5309. Class SW-4. It was renumbered 109 in 1943 and became Burlington Northern 457, Class NW-2, in 1970. It was retired in August 1983 and sold to Erman Corp in September 1983. It was resold to EACH as 64 in March 1985 and transferred to OUCH as 64 in November 1990. It was wrecked in April 1998..

1151, GMD1m, was built by General Motors in October 1959, #A1748, as Canadian National 1051, Class GR-12w. It was rebuilt with four wheel trucks in 1986 and renumbered 1151. In February 1999 it was sold to the D&R and assigned to the OUCH as 1151. In March 2001 it was shipped to Pennsylvania and painted as Central Columbiana & Pennsylvania 1151..


Ozan-Graysonia Lumber Co.

2 "George Teat" was built by Baldwin in May 1919, #51771.   It was sold as Caddo & Choctaw RR 7 and resold as Prescott & Northwestern RR 7 in 1938.  It was sold in 1961 as Black Hills Central 7.


Paperton Junction Southern Ry.

5, RSC2u, was built in January 1947, #75129, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 985, Class D-15.  It was reclassified Class 15A-RS6 and in 1954 it was rebuilt to Class 16A-RS6.  In 1959 it was renumbered 591 and in October 1965 it was rebuilt as 578.  It was sold to Kettle Moraine Ry 5 in April 1977 and resold as Brillion & Forest Junction Ry 5 in June 1978.  It was sold as PJS 5 in 1987.

7012, RSD12, was built by Alco in March 1961, #83842, as Southern Pacific 7012, Class DF-127.  It was renumbered 2962, Class AS618-1, in 1966 and sold as Kerr-McGee Chemical Co 2962.  It was sold to Purdy Metals Co and sold as West Tennessee RR 1854 in 1993.  It was renumbered 2054 in December 1993 and sold to Vintage Locomotives Inc as VLIX 2054.  It was renumbered 7012 and sold as PJS 7012.


Prescott & North Western RR

We have a special page on this railroad.


Reader RR

We have a special page on this railroad.


Scott & Bearskin RR

1 was built by Baldwin in November 1906, #29588, as Lufkin Land & Lumber Co 1.  It became Shreveport Houston & Gulf RR 1 and transferred as Carter-Kelley Lumber Co 1 in 1913 It was sold as W. T. Carter & Brother Lumber Co. 1 in 1936 and donated to Grigsby Foundation in 1970,  It was leased as S&BRL 1 and later sold to Eureka Springs & North Arkansas as 1 in 1981.

201 was built by Alco-Cooke in January 1906, #39094, as Isthmian Canal Commission 203.  It was sold to Equitable Equipment Co and sold as Carter 201 in 1922.  It was transferred as Moscow Camden & San Augustine 201 in March 1929 and donated to Grisby Foundation in 1970.  It was leased as S&BRL 201 and later sold to ES&NA as 201 in 1981.


Transitank Car Co.

106, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1950, #10120, FN E4027-3, as Great Northern 82, Class SW-1.  It became Burlington Northern 82, Class SW-1, in 1970, and retired in February 1982.  It was sold as Clarkland Quarry 82 in August 1982 and resold as Tulsa-Sapulpa Union RR 106.  It was sold as TCCo 106 in 1988.


Warren & Ouachita Valley Ry.

1 was built by Baldwin in December 1906, #29750.  It was sold as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 801 in 1949 and renumbered 9 in 1952.  It was sold to Ray Burmaster and Bill Armstrong in July 1965 and had it shipped to North Freedom, WI.  It was cosmetically restored as W&OV 1.  It was sold to Carl Ulrich in 1979 and later moved to North Lake, WI.  When Kettle Moraine Ry closed it was moved in 2002 to Black River Falls, WI, for display.

Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1013, 75DE12c, was built by Canadian Locomotive Co in January 1949, #2424 as Canadian National 7816, Class Q-7-a. It was rejected by them and rebuilt by Whitcomb in December 1950, #60827, as CRI&P 1005.   It was leased to W&OV and returned.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in April 1970.


Warren & Saline River RR

This is a Potlatch railroad. 

 

Roster Information: Randy Keller, Ron Stafford

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

8/25/2014

Memorial of Saint Aredius of Limoges

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

O sing to the LORD a new song;

sing to the LORD, all the earth!

--Psalm 96:1