Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Minneapolis & Saint Louis

Alco RS-1 Diesels

The Emmie purchased a substantial number of RS1s and here is a roster of them, as complete as possible, with photos where available. I have put them in the order of the 1956 renumbering. Originally they were numbered by the acquisition date. In March, 1956, they were numbered into the 200s. A few remained after the C&NW absorption. These were numbered into the C&NW system, but still carried M&StL initials.

200 was built in February 1944, #71371, as 244.  It was renumbered 200 in March 1956 and sold as Sydney & Louisburg 206 in 1960.  It was sold as Cargill Inc 206.

201 was built in September 1944, #71434, as 744.  It was renumbered 201 in March 1956 and sold as S&L 203 in 1960 and became Devco Ry 203 in September 1967.

202 was built in October 1944, #71436, as 944.  It was renumbered 202 in March 1956 and sold as S&L 207 in 1960.  It was sold as Cargill 207.

203 was built in December 1944, #73093, as 1044.  It was renumbered 203 in March 1956 and renumbered 1081 in 1971.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in September 1971.

204 was built in January 1945, #73097, as 1144.  It was renumbered 204 in March 1956 and sold as Feliciana Eastern 204 in August 1959.  It became Jahncke Services 203 and became Gifford-Hill & Co 204.

205 was built in April 1945, #73334, as 645.  It was renumbered 205 in March 1956 and sold as S&L 205 in 1960.  It became Devco 205 in September 1967.

206 was built in June 1945, #73759, as 745.  It was renumbered 206 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1967.

207 was built in October 1945, #74317, as 845.  It was renumbered 207 in March 1956 and traded in to General Electric in January 1968.

208 was built in October 1945, #74318, as 945.  It was renumbered 208 in March 1956 and sold it to S&L for parts in 1960.

209 was built in December 1945, #74821, as 146.  It was renumbered 209 in March 1956 and sold to Midland Electric Coal Co. 209 in August, 1959. It later became Peabody Coal Co. 209. They sold it to Precision National Corp. in January, 1971.

210 was built in December 1945, #74821, as 246.  It was renumbered 210 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1969.

211 was built in December 1945, #74724, as 346.  It was renumbered 211 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1969.

212 was built in January 1946, #74909, as 446.  It was renumbered 212 in March 1956 and traded in to General Electric in January 1968.

213 was built in June 1946, #75113, as 546.  It was renumbered 213 in March 1956 and sold as Truax Traer Coal Co 7339.  It became Consolidated Coal Co 213.  It was donated to the National Museum of Transportation and scrapped in October 2011.

214 was built in June 1946, #75114, as 646.  It was renumbered 214 in March 1956 and traded in to General Electric in January 1968.

215 was built in June 1946, #75115, as 746.  It was renumbered 215 in March 1956 and retired on October 23, 1970.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in September 1971.

216 was built in July 1946, #75116, as 846.  It was renumbered 216 in March 1956 and scrapped.

217 was built in August 1946, #75117, as 946.  It was renumbered 217 in March 1956 and sold as S&L 208 in 1960.  It became Devco 208 in September 1967 and sold as Salem & Hillsborough 8208.

218 was built in September 1946, #75118, as 1046.  It was renumbered 218 in March 1956 and renumbered 1082 in March 1971.  It was retired in 1973 and scrapped.

219 was built in June 1947, #75390, as 547.  It was renumbered 219 in March 1956 and sold as S&L 204 in 1960.  It became Devco 204 in Septembeer 1967 and sold as Black River & Western 204 in 1980.

220 was built in September 1948, #76207, as 948.  It was renumbered 220 in March 1956 and scrapped.

221 was built in September 1948, #76208, as 1048.  It was renumbered 221 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1969.

222 was built in October 1948, #76209, as 1148.  It was renumbered 222 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1969

223 was built in December 1949, #77842, as 849,  It was renumbered 223 in March 1956 and traded in to General Electric in January 1968.

224 was built in December 1949, #77843, as 949.  It was renumbered 224 in March 1956 and sold as La Perla Minas de Fierro y Carbon  100 in 1958.  It became Altos Hornos of Mexico 100.

225 was built in January 1950, #77844, as 1049.  It was renumbered 225 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in June 1969.

226 was built in January 1950, #77845, as 1149.  It was renumbered 226 in March 1956 and renumbered 1083 in 1971.  It was retired in 1973 and scrapped.

227 was built in February 1950, #77846, as 1249.  It was renumbered 227 in March 1956 and renumbered 1086 in 1971.  It was retired in June 1975 and scrapped.

228 was built in September 1950, #78243, as 950.  It was renumbered 228 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in 1968.

229 was built in September 1950, #78244, as 1050.  It was renumbered 229 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1969.

230 was built in September 1950, #78245, as 1150.  It was renumbered 230 in March 1956 and sold to Precision National Corp in June 1971.

231 was built in September 1950, #78373, as 1250.  It was renumbered 231 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in 1971.

232 was built in September 1951, #79235, as 751.  It was renumbered 232 in March 1956 and renumbered 1087 in March 1971.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in February 1972.

233 was built in September 1951, #79346, as 851.  It was renumbered 233 in March 1956 and traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1969.

234 was built in October 1951, #79347, as 951.  It was renumbered 234 in March 1956 and sold as Lake Erie Franklin & Clarion 22 in November 1957.  It was resold as Proctor & Gamble Co in 1973.  It was donated it to West Coast Ry Association and restored it as Great Northern 182 in 1990.

"244" was built in November 1951, #79577, as Lake Superior & Ishpeming 1003.  It was sold as Calumet & Hecla Inc 205 in December 1967 and sold as Continental Grain Co 205.  It became Central Counties Co-op 205 and given to the Iowa Railway Historical Society.  It was sent to the Boone & Scenic Vallley and repainted as M&StL 244 in 2008.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/3/2016

Memorial of Blessed Maddalena the Greater

Choose Life.


Home Page


Don's Depot

 

 

There is still time for endurance, time for patience, time for healing, time for change.  Have you slipped?  Rise up.  Have you sinned? Cease.  Do not stand among sinners, but leap aside.

--St. Basil the Great