Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Brandon Corporation too over the operations of the South Omaha Terminal in 1978 and was operated in conjunction with owner Rail Car America/Rail Car Nebraska, both time or another, and Solano/Autoliner before that. Upon the demise of the Rock Island, the Brandon Corporation in mid-1981 set up another operation in Kansas known as Brandon Corporation-West running trackage between Clifton and Manhattan, KS, but this operation folded in early 1982. The Brandon Corporation later became known as Brandon Rail. Among their locomotives included the four Alco C415s which were repossessed by the Union Pacific when the Rock Island was abandoned.
71, S3, was built by Alco in October 1950, #78395, as Washington Idaho & Montana 30. It was sold to Tacoma Municipal Belt Line Ry as 907 in 1962 and later sold to Solano Rail Car Co in January 1979. It then became Brandon 71 in 1982.
421, C415, was built by Alco in November 1966, #3451-7, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 421. It was taken over by Union Pacific in March 1981 and sold to Brandon as 421 on June 23, 1981. It was stored for parts and scrapped around 1990.
422, C415, was built by Alco in November 1966, #3451-8, as CRI&P 422. It was taken over by UP in March 1981 and sold to Brandon as 422 on June 23, 1981. It was stored for parts and scrapped around 1990.
423, C415, was built by Alco in November 1966, #3451-9, as CRI&P 423. It was taken over by UP in March 1981 and sold to Brandon as 423 on June 23, 1981. It was later sold as Buffalo Southern RR 423.
424, C415, was built by Alco in November 1966, #3451-10, as CRI&P 424. It was taken over by UP in March 1981 and later sold to PLM Railcar Maintenance Corp as 421 in March 1982. It was stored after 1996.
427, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #9459, as Indiana Harbor Belt 8814, Class DES-13k. It was reclassified as Class ES-10m in 1966. It was later sold to Buffalo Ridge RR as 427 in February 1977 and then Brandon as 427 in June 1991.
Clay Center was on the Chicago Rock Island & Pacific Denver route and became the main office for Brandon Rail.
Thanks to Nick Pitsch for roster info.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of Saint Laurens˘ Nguyen Van Huong
Divine Mercy Sunday
In all He did from the Incarnation to the Cross, the end Jesus Christ had in mind was the gift of the Eucharist, his personal and corporal union with each Christian through Communion. He saw in It the means of communicating to us all the treasures of His Passion, all the virtues of His Sacred Humanity, and all the merits of His Life.
-- St. Peter Julian Eymard