Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

PLM Railcar Maintenance Corp.

PLM Leasing Co.

 

This company had maintenance facilities in various locations.

144, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1950, #10870, as Great Northern 12, Class SW-7.  It became Burlington Northern 144, Class SW-7, in 1970, and retired in October 1985.  It was sold as PLM 144 in September 1987 and became Trancisco Rail Services 144.  The property was sold to Trinity Railcar in 1998 and 144 was apparently retired.  It was scrapped in April 2006.

421, C415, was built by Alco in October 1966, #3451-10, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 424. In March, 1981, it was repossessed by the Union Pacific and sold to Brandon Corp on June 23, 1981, to use on their Kansas operation, known as Brandon Corp-West as 424. It later went to PLM and was renumbered to 421 in March 1982. It was stored after 1996 at Morris, KS.

3000, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #32968, FN 7962-1, as Missouri Pacific 700. It was renumbered 3000 in 1978 aand assigned to Union Pacific as 4000 in July 1985. It was retired on January 30, 1989, and was sold to Wilson Railway Co on March 17, 1989. It was sold to PLM as 3000 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in September 27, 1990, as SD40-2. It was sold to MK and rebuilt as SD40-3 on August 13, 1993, as 9049, and then sold to Helm Leasing as 6305 on August 26, 1996. It was leased to Transportacion Ferroviaria Mexicano as 1508 and later returned as HATX 1508.

3018, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31432, FN 7865-19, as UP 3018, Class SD40.  It was retired on January 30, 1989, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on June 6, 1989.  It was sold to PLM as 3018 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on September 7, 1990, as SD40-2.  It was sold to MK and rebuilt on October 26, 1993, as 9052, SD40-3.  It was sold to Helm and leased as TFM 1506.  It was returned as HATX 1506 and renumbered 6320.  It was sold for scrap in October 2012.

3019, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31433, FN 7865-20, as UP 3019, Class SD40.  It was retired on March 9, 1989, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on June 6, 1989.  It was sold PLM as 3019 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by MK on August 27, 1990, as SD40M-2.  It was sold to MK and rebuilt on February 14, 1994, as 9054, SD40-3.  It was sold as HLCX 6301 on August 26, 1996, and leased as TFM 1512.  It was returned as HATX 6301 and scrapped in November 2012.

3029, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1968, #33780, as MP 729. It was renumbered 3029 in 1978 and assigned to UP  as 4029 in July 1985. It was retired on January 30, 1989, and was sold to Wilson Railway Co on March 17, 1989. It was sold to PLM as 3029 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in April 1993 as SD40-3 9056. It was sold to MK in February 24, 1994, as 9056, and then sold to Helm as 6303 on August 26, 1996. It was leased to TFM as 1514 and later returned, as HATX 1514.

3041, SD40X, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #29874, as General Motors 434B.  It was sold as UP 3041 in February 1966.  It was retired on January 3, 1989, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on March 17, 1989.  It was sold to PLM as 3041 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on September 30, 1990, as SD40-2.  It was sold to MK and rebuilt on November 19, 1993, as 9051, SD40-3.  It was sold to Helm as 6399 on August 26, 1996, and leased as TFM 1507.  It was returned as HATX 1507.

3052, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1966, #32404, as UP 3052, SD40.  It was retired on April 12, 1989, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on June 6, 1989.  It was sold as PLM Leasing Co 3052 in August 1989 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as SD40-2 on September 6, 1990.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen in April 1993 and rebuilt as Motive Power Iinternational 9049 on September 2, 1993, SD40-M2.  It was sold as Helm 6223 on August 26, 1996, and leased as TFM 1509.  It was returned as HATX 1509.

3104, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1971, #37910, as UP 3104. It was retired on January 30, 1989, and was sold to Wilson Railway Co on June 6, 1989. It was sold to PLM in August 1989, It was rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen in August 31, 1990, and sold to MK in April 1998. MK rebuilt it as SD40-3 on April 4, 1994, as MK 9053. It was then sold to Helm Leasing as 6300 on August 26, 1996. It was leased to TFM as 1511 and later returned to Helm as HATX 1511.

No number, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1942, #15653, as United States Army 7341.  It became United States Navy 65-00603 and sold as Topeka Railway Equipment Co no number.  It became PLM no number and then Transisco Rail Services Co no number.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

8/25/2014

Memorial of Saint Genesius of Arles

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

O sing to the LORD a new song;

sing to the LORD, all the earth!

--Psalm 96:1