Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Chicago Burlington & Quincy

Electro-Motive E Diesels

9909 "Silver Bullet", E5A, was built on March 6, 1940, #970, FN E278-A4.  It was transferred as Colorado & Southern 9953 "Silver Bullet" in December 1955 and later had the name removed.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in October 1967.

9910-A "Silver Speed", E5A, was built on February 19, 1940, #967, FN E278-A1.  It was transferred as C&S 9951-A "Silver Speed" on July 14, 1955, and the name was removed later.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in October 1967.

9911-A "Silver Pilot", E5A, was built on February 27, 1940, #968, FN E278-A2.  It was transferred as Fort Worth & Denver 9982-A "Silver Pilot" and transferred as C&S 9952-A "Silver Pilot".  The name was removed later and traded in to Electro-Motive on March 15, 1958.  It went to Illinois Railroad Museum in November 1968 and repainted the name.  It was lettered as CB&Q 9911-A "Silver Pilot".

9913 "Silver Wings", E5A, was built on October 25, 1940, #1133, FN E331-A1.  It was transferred as C&S 9954 "Silver Wings" and later had the name removed.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in March 1968.

9914-A "Silver Arrow", E5A, was built on June 5, 1941, #1301, FN E377-A1.  It was transferred as C&S 9955 "Silver Arrow" in September 1961 and later had the name removed.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in March 1968.

9917-A, E7A, was built on November 15, 1946, #2940, FN E646-3.  It was sold for scrap to Precision National Corp in May 1968.

9920-B, E7A, was built on November 20, 1946, #2947, FN E646-A10.   It was traded in to General Electric in March 1968.

9924-A, E7A, was built on December 1, 1946, #2954, FN E646-A17.  It was sold for scrap to Precision National Corp in May 1968.

9925-B, E7A, was built on December 20, 1946, #2956, FN E646-A18.  It was sold for scrap to Precision National Corp in May 1968.

9926-A, E7A, was built in September 1947, #4433, FN E792-A.  It was retired.

9931-B, E7A, was built in March 1949, #6501, FN E1006-A2.  It became Burlington Northern 9912, Class E-7, in 1970 and sold to Hyman-Michaels Co for scrap on April 26, 1972.

9938-A, E8A, was built in December 1949, #9675, FN 2012-2.  It became BN 9938, Class E-8, in 1970 and rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen in November 1973 as 9901, Class E9A.  It was rebuilt as Illinois Central 100 in 1995.

9939-A, E8A, was built in January 1950, #9677, FN 2012-A4.  It became BN 9939, Class E-8, in 1970 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in December 1973 as 9902, Class E9A.   It was sold as Maryland Department of Transportation MARC 64 in January 1993.  It was donated to National Museum of Transportation and restored as CB&Q 9939-A.

9940-A, E8A, was built in January 1950, #9679, FN 2012-A6.  It became BN 9940, Class E-8, in 1970 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in February 1974 as 9903, Class E9A.  It was rebuilt as IC 102 in 1995.

9942-A, E8A, was built in March 1950, #9683, FN 2012-A10.  It became BN 9942, Class E-8, in 1970 and sold as National Railway Passenger Corp 337 in July 1972.  It was sold for scrap on May 28, 1975.

9942-B, E8A, was built in March 1950, #9684, FN 2012-11.  It became BN 9935, Class E-8, in 1970 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in February 1974 as 9900, Class E9A.  It was retired in January 1993 and sold to National Railway Equipment Co in August 1994.

9944-B, E8A, was built in April 1950, #9688, FN 2012-15.  It became BN 9950, Class E-8, in 1970 and sold as Amtrak 344 in June 1972.

9945-A, E8A, was built in May 1950, #9689, FN 2012-16.  It became BN 9945, Class E-8, in 1970 and sold as Amtrak 339 in June 1972. 

9947-B, E8A, was built in September 1950, #11702. FN 2023-A2.  It became BN 9953, Class E-8, in 1970 and sold as Amtrak 346 in June 1972.

9964, E8A, was built in August 1952, #16705, FN 2048-A1.  It became BN 9964, Class E-8, in 1970 and sold as Amtrak 348 in June 1972.

9976, E8A, was built in September 1953, #18318, FN 2059-A7.  It became BN 9976, Class E-8, in 1970 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in June 1978 as 9908, Class E9A.  It was sold as MARC 68 in January 1993.

9977, E8A, was built in September 1953, #18319, FN 2089-A8.  It became BN 9977, Class E-8, in 1970 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in December 1974 as 9904, Class E9A.  It was rebuilt as Illinois Central 101 in 1995.

9985-B, E9A, was built in December 1955, 20534, FN 2071-A2.  It became BN 9980, Class E-9, in 1970 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in March 1973 as 9910, Class E9AK.  It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN.  It was retired in July 1992 and sold as as Nashville & Eastern RR 9910.  It was sold as Larry's Truck Equipment Co 9910 in 2005.

9986-A, E9A, was built in December 1955, #20535, FN 2071-A3.  It became BN 9986, Class E-9, in 1970 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in August 1973 as 9916, Class E9AK.  It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN.  It was retired in July 1992 and sold to National Railway Equipment in 1993.  It was sold to Illinois Central as Canadian National 103, Class GPA-24a.

9987-A, E9A, was built in December 1955, #20537, FN 2071-A5.  It became BN 9987, Class E-9, in 1970 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in November 1973 as 9917, Class E9AK.  It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN.  It was retired in July 1992 and sold as N&E 9917.  It was sold as LTE 9917 in 2005.

9987-B, E9A, was built in December 1955, #20538, FN 2071-A6.  It became BN 9982, Class E-9, in 1970 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in October 1973 as 9912, Class E9AK.  It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN.  It was retired in July 1992 and sold as N&E 9912.

9988-B, E9A, was built in January 1956, #20540, FN 2071-A8. It became BN 9983, Class E-9, in 1970 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in October 1973 as 9913, Class E9AK. It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN. It was retired in October 1992 and acquired by Indiana Transportation Museum in September 1994.  It was sold to Tennessee 200 Ltd as PPCX 9913 and sold to Gold Coast Railway Museum as CB&Q 9913.

9990, E9A, was built in July 1954, #19629, FN 2065-A1. It became BN 9990, Class E-9, in 1970 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in June 1973 and renumbered 9920, Class E9AK. It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN. It was retired and donated to the City of Keller, TX, on September 25, 1998.

9993, E9A, was built in August 1954, #19632, FN 2065-A4.  It became BN 9993, Class E-9, in 1970 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in July 1973 and renumbered 9923, Class E9AK.  It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN.  It was retired in July 1992 and sold to National Railway Equipment in 1993.  It was sold to Illinois Central  in 2000 and planned as 104.  It was never lettered and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment in 2005.

9994, E9A, was built in August 1954, #19633, FN 2065-A5.  It became BN 9994, Class E-9, in 1970.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in May 1973 and renumbered 9924, Class E9AK.  It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN.  It was retired in July 1992.

9995, E9A, was built in August 1954, #19634, FN 2065-A6.  It became BN 9995, Class E-9, in 1970.  It was rebuilt by Morrison in June 1973 and renumbered 9925, Class E9AK.  It was sold to West Suburban Mass Transit District and leased back to BN.  It was retired in July 1992 and sold as N&E 9925.  It was sold as LTEX 9925 in 2005 and sold as San Luis and Rio Grande RR 9925 in 2012.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/2/2017

Memorial of Saint Cynibild of Laestingaeu

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Act as if everything depended on you; trust as if everything depended on God.

---St. Ignatius of Loyola