Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Light Co.
The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Transport Co.
The Milwaukee Northern Ry came under TM control in 1923 and was officially merged on April 30, 1928. Under TM management 4 of their cars were rebuilt in a fashion similar to the other TM rebuilt interurbans. After 1928, most of the cars were further rebuilt and renumbered to replace the original 1100s which had been renumbered when they were rebuilt.
1101 was to have been rebuilt from MN 20, but it became 1105 instead. Thus there was no 1101.
1102 was built by Niles in 1907 as MN 4. It was renumbered 21. It was rebuilt in 1930 as a double end car to be used on the Rapid Transit line to replace the 600s which were being used at that time. It was retired in 1946 and scrapped in 1948.
1103 was built by Niles in 1907 as Goshen South Bend & Chicago 401. This line was known as the Chicago-New York Air Line. It became Gary & Interurban 401 and was sold to the Milwaukee Northern in 1920 and rebuilt as 51. In 1930 it was rebuilt as TM 1103 for used on the Rapid Transit. It was repainted in 1943, retired in 1947, and scrapped in 1948. It was the last wood interurban to operate in regular service in Wisconsin.
1104 was built by Niles in 1907 as MN 50. It was rebuilt in 1930 as a double end car to be used on the Rapid Transit. It was repainted in 1943, retired in 1946, and scrapped in 1948.
1106 was built by Niles in 1907 as MN 8. It was renumbered 60. It became TMER&L 60 in 1928 and rebuilt as 1106 in 1929. It was retired on December 31, 1940.
1107 was built by Niles in 1909, as MN 80. It became TM 80 in 1928 and rebuilt in 1931 as 1107. It was retired on December 31, 1940.
1109 was built by Niles in 1907, as MN 3. It was renumbered 82. It became TM 82 in 1928 and rebuilt in 1931 as 1109. It was retired on December 22, 1933.
1110 was built by Niles in 1907 as MN 12. It was renumbered 83. It became TM 83 in 1928 and rebuilt in 1931 as 1110. It was retired on December 31, 1940.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Saint Anthony of Lérins
Feast of the Holy Innocents
We must always remember that God does everything well, although we may not see the reason what He does.
-- St. Philip Neri