Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Texas Electric Ry.

Passenger Cars

Texas Electric was an interurban which was a legend with it's large red cars bounding through the cotton fields north and south out of Dallas. Here is a look at the cars which were almost individuals because of rebuilding in the superb Monroe shops which are now being converted into a shopping center and museum. Each car will be treated separately.

101 was built by St. Louis Car in 1914, Order 1043, as Southern Traction 251, but was quickly renumbered 101 in 1914. Then to TE 101 in 1914. In 1941 it was renumbered back to 250 and became Waco Transit 250 in 1946. It was retired in 1949.

111 was built by St Louis Car in 1912. Order 936, as Southern Traction 3.  It was renumbered 111 in 1914 and then to TE 111 in 1917.  It was scrapped in 1938.

305 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction Co 305.  It went to TE 305 in 1917.  It was one manned in 1932 and retired in 1949.  It was sold as a home in Corsicana.  It was recovered in 2004 and sent to Edwards Rail Cars Co in 2004 to restore.  It was put on exhibit at City of Corsicana in 2009.

307 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 307.  It went  to TE 307 in 1917. It was one manned in 1932 and retired 1949.

309 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 303.  It went  to TE 303 in 1917. It was one manned and renumbered 309 in 1933.   It was retired 1949.

310 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 316.  It went to TE 316 in 1917. It was one manned and renumbered 310 in 1933. It was modernized in 1941 and retired in 1949.

312 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 312.  It went to TE 312 in 1917. It was one manned in 1934. It was wrecked in 1939 amd rebuilt as 368 in 1942. It was retired in 1949.

315 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990. Southern Traction 310 to TE 310 in 1917. One manned and renumbered 316 in 1932. Modernized and renumbered 315 in 1942. Retired in 1949.

316 was built by St Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 315.  It went  to TE 315 in 1917. It was one manned in 1934 and modernized and renumbered 316 in 1942.  The body was sold as a residence near Mount Vernon, TX, in 1949 and later moved for farm workers.  It was sold to Bay Creek Resort in Virginia in 2006.  It was rebuilt by Edwards Rail Cars Co but it had to be completed by the Bay Creek Ry people in April 2008 as 316, a motor car diner.

317 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990. as Southern Traction 311.  It went to TE 311 in 1917. It was wrecked in 1917 and rebuilt in 1918 as 317. It was one manned in 1933. It was wrecked March 14, 1946, and rebuilt September 24, 1946. It was retired in 1949.

318 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 318.  It went to TE 318 in 1917. It was one manned in 1934 and retired in 1949.

319 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 319.  It went to TE 319 in 1917. It was one manned in 1934 and retired in 1949.

320 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990. Southern Traction 320 to TE 320 in 1917. One manned in 1934. Retired in 1949.

326 was built by St. Louis Car in 1920, Order 1223. It was rebuilt to one man in 1932 and retired in 1949.

328 was built by St. Louis Car in 1920, Order 1223. It was rebuilt to one man in 1932 and retired in 1949.

350 was built by St. Louis Car in 1907, Order 758. Texas Traction Co. 1 was renumbered 350 in 1913, and again renumbered 355 in 1915, and then became TE 355 in 1917. It was rebuilt as an RPO car in 1924 and renumbered 350. It was one manned in 1932 and retired in 1949.

351 was built by St. Louis Car in 1907, Order 758. Texas Traction Co. 2 was renumbered 351 in 1913. It became TE 351 in 1917 and was rebuilt as an RPO car. It was out of service in 1935 and rebuilt as a coach in 1942. It was retired in 1949.

356 was built by American Car in 1913, Order 988, as a trailer. Southern Traction 408 became TE 408 in 1917. Rebuilt to motor 356 in 1924. It was retired by 1938.

360 was built by American Car in 1911, Order 911. Texas Traction 11 was renumbered 360 in 1913 and became TE 360 in 1917. It was one-manned with an RPO section added in 1932. After retirement in 1949, it was sold to H. C. Cook of Waxahachie. It was later brought to Plano where it is being restored.

362 was built by American Car in 1911, Order 911. Texas Traction 14 was renumbered 362 in 1913 and became TE 362 in 1917. It was one-manned with an RPO section added in 1932 and retired in 1949.

363 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990. Southern Traction 321 to Texas Electric 321 in 1917. Rebuilt in 1928 and 1929 as 363 and retired in 1949.

364 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 301.  It became TE 301 in 1917. It was one-manned and renumbered 364 in 1934, and retired in 1949.

365 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 990, as Southern Traction 300.  It  became TE 300 in 1917. It was one-manned and renumbered 365 in 1934. On April 10, 1948, it was wrecked, but it was rebuilt and retired in 1949.

366 was built by St Louis Car in 1913, Order #986, as Northern Texas Traction 28.  It was upgraded to Crimson Limited in 1925 and sold as TE 366 in 1935.  It was scrapped in 1941.

367 was built by St. Louis Car in 1913, Order 986, as NTT 28. It was upgraded to Crimson Limited in 1925 and sold as TE 367 in 1935. It was scrapped in 1941.

368 was built by St. Louis Car in 1920, Order 1248, as NTT 29.  It was upgraded to Crimson Limited in 1925 and sold as TE 368 in 1935. It was scrapped in 1941.

369 was built by St Louis Car in 1920, Order 1248, as NTT 30.  It was upgraded to Crimson Limited in 1925 and sold as TE 369 in 1935.  It was scrapped in 1941.

370 was built by St Louis Car in 1920, Order 1248, as NTT 31.  It was upgraded to Crimson Limited in 1925 and sold as TE 370 in 1935.  It was scrapped in 1941.

371 was built by St. Louis Car in 1920, Order 1248, as NTT 32.  It was sold as TE 371 in 1935. It was scrapped in 1941.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

11/3/2014

Memorial of Saint Clydog

Choose Life


Home Page


Don's Depot

 

The Blessed Sacrament should be honored by hearing Mass, receiving Communion frequently visiting the Blessed Sacrament, and making spiritual communions.  The rosary should be said daily...We should meditate on the mysteries, applying them to the circumstances of our own lives.

--St. Anthony Mary Claret