Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Ohio Trolley Lines

 

Akron & Cuyahoga Falls Rapid Transit Co.

3 was built by Jewett.


Akron Bedford & Cleveland RR

100 was built by ABC in 1896.  It became Northern Ohio Traction & Light Co 1001 in 1906 and scrapped on May 4, 1932.


Akron Transportation Co.

We have a page on this system.


Canton-Akron Ry.

1 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1902.  It became Northern Ohio Traction & Light Co 53 in 1906.  It was renumbered 1453 in 1920 and retired in 1928.

4 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1902.  It became NOT&L 56 in 1906.  It was renumbered 1456 in 1920 and retired in 1928.

16 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1902.  It became NOT&L 52 in 1906.  It was renumbered 1451 in 1920 and retired in 1928.

102 was built by Brill Car Co in September 1901, #11381.  It became NOT&L 454 in 1906 and rebuilt in 1915.  It was scrapped in 1923.

112 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1901.  It became NOT&L 400 in 1906 and rebuilt as 1011 in 1922.  It became Akron Transportation Co 1011 in June 1931 and scrapped on July 29, 1947.


Cincinnati & Columbus Traction Co.

It ran from Norwood to Hillsboro and was built by C&CTCo in 1906.  It was abandoned and dismantled in 1920.


Cincinnati & Lake Erie Ry.

We have a page on this system.


Cincinnati Georgetown & Portsmouth RR

300.

501 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in December 1922, #2665.  It was sold as Beech Grove Traction Co 501 in 1927.

502 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in December 1922, #2665.  It was sold as BGT 501 in 1927.

 

503 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in December 1922, #2665.


Cincinnati Lawrenceburg & Aurora Electric Ry.

915 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in June 1918, #2290.  It was sold as Sand Springs Ry 62 in 1934 and scrapped in 1955.

916 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in June 1918, #2290.  It was sold as SSRy 63 in 1934 and scrapped in 1955.

918 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in June 1918, #2290.  It was sold as SSRy 68 in 1934 and sold for a several attempts to tourist locations in Oklahoma and Arkansas.  It went to a scrap line in Tulsa and sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1967.

919 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in June 1918, #2290.  It was sold as SSRy 66 in 1934 and scrapped in 1955.


Cincinnati Street Ry.

We have a page on electric trolley buses.


City Railway Co.

City Transit Co.

We have a page on this system.


Cleveland & Eastern Ry.

Eastern Ohio Traction Co.

We have a page on the Northeastern Ohio line.


Cleveland Painesville & Eastern Ry.

60 was built by Brill Car Co in 1916.  It was sold as Niagara St Catherines & Toronto 41 in 1927.


Cleveland Transit System

Shaker Heights Rapid Transit

Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

Rapid Transit.

Shaker Heights Lightweight Interurbans.

Shaker Heights PCCs.

Light Rail Cars.

Cleveland Transit Non-Revenue Equipment.

Shaker Heights Non-Revenue Equipment.

Heavy Rail Non-Revenue Equipment.


Cleveland Union Terminal

This New York Central subsidiary is included in a special page.


Columbia Park & Southwestern Ry.

Trolleyville USA

Gerald A Brookins Museum of Electric Railways

We have a full page on this operation.


Columbus Buckeye Lake & Newark Ry.

68 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1902.

70 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1900.  It became Ohio Electric Ry 70 and renumbered 170.  It was transferred to Columbus Newark & Zanesville Ry in 1921 and rebuilt as a freight trailer.


Columbus Delaware & Marion Electric Co.

62, line car.

102 was a line car and plow.  This car was saved for awhile as Marion-Reserve Power Co 102  in 1933 and became Ohio Power Co 102 in 1947.

303 was an express motor.  This car was transferred as M-RPCo 303 in 1933 and became OPCo 303 in 1947.

501 was built by American Car & Foundry Co in 1926, #45.  It was retired in 1933 and acquired by Ohio Railway Museum in 1963.


Dayton & Troy RR

There is a full page on this line.


Dayton & Western Traction Co.

609 was built by Barney & Smith Car Co in 1903 as 272.  It was rebuilt by Ohio Electric in 1909 and rebuilt in 1924 at Oakwood Street Ry in 1924 as 609.  It was scrapped by Indiana RR after 1936.


Dayton-Xenia Ry.

65 was built by D-X as 56, a steeple cab freight motor.  It was rebuilt in 1923 as 65.

164 was built by St Louis Car Co in February 1925, #1361, as Springfield & Xenia Ry 50.  It was transferred as D-X 164 in 1934 and returned to St Louis Car Co in 1937.  It was sold to the United States Navy in 1943 and leased it as Oklahoma Ry 234.


Fort Wayne Van Wert & Lima Traction Co.

Some of their cars went to Oklahoma.


Fostoria & Fremont Ry.

No number was built by Western Ohio Ry as WORy 150.  It was assigned as F&FRy 150 and sold with no number to Ohio Power Co in 1932.  It was retired in 1953 and scrapped in 1965.


Indianapolis Columbus & Eastern Ry

302 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in February 1923, #803.  It became Cincinnati & Lake Erie 302.  It was rebuilt as one man car in 1931 and scrapped in 1938.


Intercity Rapid Transit RR

We have a special page on this line.


Lake Shore Electric Ry.

We have a special page on this line.


Lima-Toledo RR

768 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1926.  It was converted from an excursion car and became Cincinnati & Lake Erie RR 619.


Lorain Street Ry.

202 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1929.  It was rebuilt by St Louis Car in 1939 as Birmingham Electric Co 523.

209 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1929.  It was rebuilt as St Louis Car in 1939 as BECo 530.


Marion-Reserve Power Co.

When Columbus Delaware & Marion Electric Co was closed in 1933.  5.2 miles of line was acquired by Marion-Reserve Power Co at Marion.  The company was taken over by Ohio Power Co in 1947 and dieselized in 1952.

102 was a line car and plow built as CD&MECo 102 .This car was saved for awhile as M-RPCo 102  in 1933 and became OPCo 102 in 1947.

303 was an express motor built as CD&MECo 303.  This car was transferred as M-RPCo 303 in 1933 and became OPCo 303 in 1947.


Miami and Erie Canal

103, haulage locomotive, was built by Baldwin and Westinghouse in 1907.


Municipal Traction Co.

3334 was built by John Stephenson Car Co in 1906.  It became Cleveland Ry 934 in 1908 and sold as Nelson Street Ry 3 in 1924,  It was rebuilt in 1935 and retired in 1949.  It was acquired by Nelson Electric Tramway Society in 1982 and restored for tourist service.


Muskingum Electric RR

100, E50C, was built by General Electric in May 1968, #36491.  It was retired in 2001.


Northern Ohio Traction & Light Co.

Passenger Cars.

Freight and Non Revenue Cars.


Oakwood Street Ry.

190.

330.

401.

20 was built by Pullman-Standard in 1935.  It was sold as City Transit 20 in 1955 and retired in 1956.


Ohio & Morenci RR

This interurban off-shoot is included in a special page.


Ohio & Southern Traction Co.

S. B. Hartman built this short electric line (5 miles) between Columbus and the Hartman Stock Farm, of which he was proprietor.  In spite of the short length, the road used interurban-style equipment.  Since it was strictly an adjunct to the stock farm, it operated at deficits that would have been killed an independent interurban.  In 1925, the line had an operating ratio of 294.81 per cent.  In 1929 it was abandoned.

103 was built by McGuire-Cummings Mfg Co.


Ohio Edison Co.

1050 was built by General Electric in 1917 as Northern Ohio Traction & Light Co 1050.  It became OECo 1050 in 1932 and scrapped in 1962.


Ohio Electric Ry.

There is a full page on this line.


Ohio Power Co.

102 was a line car and plow built as Columbus Delaware & Marion Electric Co 102 .This car was saved for awhile as Marion-Reserve Power Co 102  in 1933 and became OPCo 102 in 1947.

303 was an express motor built as CD&MECo 303.  This car was transferred as M-RPCo 303 in 1933 and became OPCo 303 in 1947.

No number was built by Western Ohio Ry as WORy 150.  It was assigned as Fostoria & Fremont Ry 150 and sold to OPCo in 1932.  It was retired in 1953 and scrapped in 1965.

No number was built by Barney & Smith in 1900 as Lake Shore Electric Ry K.  It was renumbered 401 and rebuilt in 1927.  It was sold to OPCo in 1939 and retired in 1953.

3, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1950, #30499.  It was sold as Appalachian Power Co C-6.


Ohio Public Service Co.

Toledo & Eastern RR

This one lasted quite a long time.


Pennsylvania-Ohio Electric Co.

375 was built by American Car Co in August 1919, #1240.  It was sold to Cleveland Transit System in 1934 and rebuilt as 0800, a rail grinder in 1934.  I was with a few Illinois Electric Railway Museum guys who went to Cleveland and bought the car with the idea of saving the truck to be used on Illinois Terminal 170.  We had a scrapper set up to remove the body but they forgot to quit.  We ended up with a few pieces for the truck.


Peoples Ry.

14, T40, was built by Brill in 1938.  It became City Ry 14 in 1945.

15, T40, was built by Brill in 1938.  It became City Ry 15 in 1945.


Pioneer & Fayette RR

This interurban off-shoot is included in a special page.


Sandusky Norwalk & Mansfield RR

4 was built by Niles in 1905. It came as Ohio Public Service Co 90 in 1921 and was rebuilt several times.

5 was built by Niles in 1905. It came as OPS 50 in 1921, and was rebuilt.


Scioto Valley Traction Co.

Scioto Valley Ry. & Power Co.

Ohio Midland Light & Power Co.

40.

511 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in November 1929, #3040, as Springfield Suburban RR 511.  It was sold as OML&P 511 in early 1930s.


Springfield & Xenia Ry.

50 was built by St Louis Car Co in February 1925, #1361.  It was transferred as Dayton-Xenia Ry 164 in 1934 and returned to St Louis Car Co in 1937.  It was sold to the United States Navy in 1943 and leased it as Oklahoma Ry 234.


Springfield Suburban RR

511 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in November 1929, #3040.  It was sold as Ohio Midland Light & Power Co 511 in early 1930s.


Stark Electric RR

There is a full page on this line.


Toledo & Indiana RR

80 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in July 1915, #42220, at Toledo & Western Ry 403. In February 1934 it became T&I 80. Then in 1939 it became Toledo Edison Co 3.

100 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in October 1924, #2820. It was sold as Georgia Power Co 607 "Joel Hurt" in 1940.

110 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in October 1924, #2820.   It was sold as GPCo 476 in 1940.

120 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in October 1924, #2820.  It was sold as GPCo 479 in 1940.

135 was built by St Louis Car Co in about 1920 as Keokuk Electric Co 103.  It was sold as T&I 135 in 1928 and resold as GPCo 473 in 1940.


Toledo Bowling Green & Southern Traction Co.

210 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in May 1918, #2250.


Toledo Edison Co.

There is a full page on this line.


Toledo Railway & Light Co.

26.


Waterfront Electric Ry.

640 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in February 1930, #3060, as Cincinnati & Lake Erie Ry 640.  It was sold to American Aggregates Co and rebuilt as a self propelled motor car.  It was retired in 1984 and sold to WERy in 1984.  It was sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1994 for restored as C&LE 640.


Western Ohio Ry.

54 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in April 1922, #786.  It was retired in 1932 and scrapped.

150 was built by WORy.  It was assigned as Fostoria & Fremont Ry 150 and sold with no number to Ohio Power Co in 1932.  It was retired in 1953 and scrapped in 1965.

238.


Youngstown & Southern RR

This interurban turned diesel freight hauler has a special page.


Youngstown Municipal Ry.

134.

852 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in August 1929, #958.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/18/2017

Memorial of Blessed John Pibush, martyred by Anglicans in 1601

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

I will go anywhere and do anything in order to communicate the love of Jesus to those who do not know Him or have forgotten Him.

--St. Frances Xavier Cabrini