Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Arizona Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Anaconda Copper Co.

 We have a full page on this international fallen flag company.


Apache Powder Co.

1 was built by H K Porter Co in July 1923, #6827.  It was donated to San Pedro Valley Arts & Historical Society in 1984.

2 was built by H K Porter Co in July 1923, #6828.  It was sold to Robert Babcock in July 1984.

3 was built by H K Porter Co in July 1923, #6829.  It is on display at their original plant.


Apache Ry.

83, C420, was built by Alco in August 1967, #3490-10, as Monon RR 516.  It became Louisville & Nashville 1333, Class C-420, in August 1971 and sold as Apache 83 in 1980.

200, H10-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse in November 1948, #10L100.  It was sold as South Central Tennessee RR 200 in July 1978 and destroyed on November 13, 1979.

700, RS36, was built by Alco in September 1962, #84116.

903, RS11, was built by Alco in August 1959, #83349, as Southern Pacific 5864, Class DF-614.  It was renumbered 2929, Class AS418-5, in 1955 and sold as Apache 903 in 1977.  It was sold as Cementos Portland Nacional 2 in 1986.

1919, Class XM.


Arizona & California RR

 We have a full page on this regional road.


Arizona & New Mexico Ry.

26 was built by Baldwin in October 1907, #31889.  It was purchased as El Paso & Southwestern RR 130, Class C6s-34, on January 1, 1922 and sold as Magma Arizona RR 6 on July 8, 1922.  It was sold to the Scottsdale Railway & Mechanical Society on January 7, 1960.


Arizona Central RR

 We have a Western Group road.


Arizona Eastern Ry.

We have a Iowa Pacific Holdings road.


Arizona Public Service Co.

1, SW600, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1962, #26932, FN 4449-1. It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co 1 and later sold to Flying J Oil & Gas Co 1.

4, SW9u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17805, FN 4133-1, as Union Pacific 1825, SW9. It was rebuilt and renumbered 1219 at Omaha on April 30, 1982. It was retired on February 21, 1997, and sold to Diesel Supply Co on July 23, 1997. It was then sold to APSCo as 4.

5, GP38AC, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1971, #37891, as Pacific Power & Light Co 11.  It was renumbered 511 and became Glenrock Coal Co 511.  It was sold as APSCo 5.


Black Mesa & Lake Powell RR

6001, E60, was built by General Electric on April 18, 1973, #38413

6002, E60, was built by General Electric on April 8, 1973, #38414.

6003, E60, was built by General Electric on April 2, 1973, #38412, as 6000.  It was renumbered 6003 in 1973.

6005, E60, was built by General Electric in September 1976, #40840.


Copper Basin Ry.

202, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1963, #28631, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1238, GP18.  It was rebuilt at Silvis in December 15, 1976, as 4423.  It went to Chrome Locomotive in February 1981 and sold as CBRY 202.

205, GP9, Class GP-9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1954, #19355, FN 5286-10, as Great Northern 670, Class GP-9.  It became Burlington Northern 1822, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in December 1985.  It was sold to Helm Leasing in January 1986 and sold as CBRY 205 in April 1986.  It was sold to Foster Townsend Rail Logistics as FTRL 205 in 2013.

304, SD39, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1970, #35821, FN 7219-7, as Southern Pacific 5324, Class EF623-2.  It was sold as CBRY 304 and sold to Helm as HATX 3952.  It was renumbered 353 and leased as Indiana Harbor Belt 3902 in 1996.  It was returned to Helm in 2002.

403, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1980, #796398-1, as Kennecott Copper Co 3.  It was sold as CBRY 403.

503, GP39, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1969, #34797, as Chesapeake & Ohio 3912, Class GP-39.  It became CSX Transportation 4292, Class GP-39, and sold as CBRY 503.

504, GP39, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1969, #34791, as C&O 3906, Class GP-39.  It became CSX 4286, Class GP-39, and sold as CBRY 504.


Inspiration Consolidated Copper Co.

Cyprus Amax Minerals Co.

23, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1951, #15607, FN 6342-2, as Anaconda Copper Co 23.  It became ICCCo 23 in 1977 and sold as Arizona Eastern Ry 23 in 1988.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 23 and leased to Frontier Rail Corp.

104, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1956, #32732.  It became Cyprus 104. It was sold as Motive Power & Equipment Solutions 104.

105, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1942, #15683l, as United States Navy 65-00377.  It was sold as ICCCo 105 in 1963 and became Cyprus Amax 105.  It was sold as MPES 105 in 2004.

107, 35 Ton was built by General Electric in March 1955, #32327, as Old Ben Coal Co 55.  It was sold as Cliffside RR 10 and sold as ICCC 107 in 1987.  It became Cyprus Amax Minerals 107.  It was sold as MPES 107.

108, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1946, #4108, Canadian National 7937, Class Q-5-a.  It became Class GS-10a in September 1954 and sold to Dofasco as 26 in May 1979.  It was renumbered 426 and sold to Cyprus Amax as CLMX 108.


Magma Arizona RR

The railroad was originally built as a 3 ft narrow gauge line and was converted to standard gauge in 1923. Originally headquartered in Superior, Arizona, the company primarily hauled cattle and copper on 30.2 miles of standard gauge track to and from the Southern Pacific mainline in Magma, Arizona, between Florence and Queen Creek.

The Australian mining giant Broken Hill Proprietary Company (BHP) purchased the Magma Copper Company and its lines in 1996 and suspended rail operations on this line a year later.

The Magma was the last industrial short line railroad to use steam power.

6 was built by Baldwin in October 1907, #31889, as Arizona & New Mexico Ry 26.  It was purchased as El Paso & Southwestern RR 130, Class C6s-34, on January 1, 1922 and sold as MA 6 on July 8, 1922.  It was sold to the Scottsdale Railway & Mechanical Society on January 7, 1960.

7 was also built by Baldwin in October 1917, #46491, as Tremont & Gulf RR 30. It was converted from coal to oil in 1923. In May 1954 it was sold to the MARR and became their 7. The last run on the MA was June 10, 1967, and the locomotive was sold to the Texas State RR on May 6, 1974. It was shipped shortly afterwards. It was rebuilt as 400 and placed into service in May 1978.   It was repainted as MA 7.

10, DRS6-6-1500, was built by Baldwin in July 1950, #74812, as McCloud River RR 29.  It was sold as MA 10 in 1969 and donated to Arizona Railway Museum in July 1994.


Magma Copper Co.

BHP Copper Co.

17, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1974, #74631-2, FN 74631-2.  It became BHP 17 in 1996 and sold as Indiana Rail Road 36.  It was renumbered 3806 in 2007 and sold to Metro East Industries in 2010 after an engine failure.  It was rebuilt and sold as United States Sugar Co 408.


North Star Steel Co.

1104, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21432, FN 5425-15, as Northern Pacific 260.  It became Burlington Northern 1883, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold to Western Railroad Supply as IRLX 1104.  It was leased as NSS 1104 and leased as Wilmer Rail Services 1104.  It was sold to Titan Rail and rebuilt as 1714.


Phoeniz & Eastern

295 was built by Schenectady in December 1880, #1306, as Southern Pacific of Arizona 25.  It became Southern Pacific 105 in 1891 and rebuilt 1608, Class DP, in 1891.  It was renumbered as 2018, Class T-15, and sold as Phoenix & Eastern 295 on November 25, 1912.  It was sold as Sud Pacifico de Mexico 208, Class T-15, in November 1917.  It was sold to United Sugar Co in November 1919 and Mexicano del Pacifico 2.


Prescott & Arizona Central RR

3 "Wm N Kelley" was built by Rogers in March 1891, #4493.  It was sold as Sierra RR 3 in 1897.


Railroad Builders, Inc.

301, RS2, was built by Alco in February 1950, #77914, as Green Bay & Western 301. It was sold to RRB in October 1977 and then to Ann Arbor RR as 301 in 1979.

303, RS2, was built by Alco in February 1950, #77916, as GB&W 303. It was sold to RRB on January 14, 1978, and then to Ann Arbor RR as 303 in 1979. It was later restored as New York Central 8203.


San Manuel Arizona RR

9, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1951, #78933, as Reading Co 520, Class RS-1.  It was sold to R B Hornberger Co in 1969 and sold as SMARR 9 in 1969.

13, RS3, was built by Alco in October 1951, #79244, as Lehigh & Hudson River RR 13.  It was sold to George R Silcott in December 1971 and resold as SMARR 13.  It was sold as BHP Nevada RR 13 in 1997 and is now stored at Nevada Northern RR Museum.

18, GP38u, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1970, #36686, as Baltimore & Ohio 4810, Class GP-38.  It was wrecked at Blenheim, ON, on February 19, 1985, and retired on July 16, 1986.  It was sold to Mansbach Metals in March 1988 and resold to National Railway Equipment Co in August 1988.  It was rebuilt as NRL 4810 and leased to New York Susquehanna & Western.  It was sold to SMARR as 18 in 1993.


San Pedro & Southwestern RR

 We have a Kyle road.


Southwest Forest Products

25 was built by Baldwin in 1911, #35938.

41, 30DM-37, was built in August 1941, #40122, as Chicago & North Western 201.  It was returned to Whitcomb in April 1942 and sold as Alcoa Co 1.  It was sold to Pacific Car & Foundry Co and resold as SWFP 41.  It was sold as Yuma Valley RR 41


Tucson Cornelia & Gila Bend RR

New Cornelia Branch Copper Co.

103.

The Ajo station is now a museum and is a tourist trap.


White Mountain Scenic Ry.

100 was built by Baldwin in June 1926, #59284, as Charles R. McCormick Lumber Co 4.  It was sold as Pope & Talbot Lumber Co 100 in June 1938 and sold as Santa Maria Valley RR 100 in 1942.  It was sold as WMSRy 100 in 1962 and sold as Wasatch Mountain Ry 100 in 1976.  It was sold to Fred Kepner Estate in 1999.


Yuma Valley RR

41, 30DM-37, was built in August 1941, #40122, as Chicago & North Western 201.  It was returned to Whitcomb in April 1942 and sold as Alcoa Co 1.  It was sold to Pacific Car & Foundry Co and resold as Southwest Forest Products Co 41.  It was sold as YVRR 41

 

Roster information:  Randy Keller

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

4/3/2017

Memorial of Saint Benignus of Tomi

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart, and to bring home those who have lost their way.

--St. Francis of Assisi