Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Grand Trunk Western

Diesel Switchers

 

1502, SW1200, Class GS-12-c, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20415, FN 4270-3, as 1507. It was renumbered 1202 in 1956 and 1502 in 1957. It became Central Vermont 1502, Class GS-12-c, in 1963, and was later returned to GTW.

1509, SW1200RS, Class GR-17j, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1957, #22827, FN 4376-1, as 1269, Class GR-17j. It was renumbered 1509 in 1957 and sold to Ellis & Eastern as 1509. It was later renumbered 7.

1511, SW1200RS, Class GS-12-za, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1960, #25743, FN 4437-1.

1512, SW1200RS, Class GS-12-za, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1960, #25744, FN 4437-2.

1514, SW1200RS, Class GS-12za, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1960, #25746, FN 4437-4.

6119, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1951, #12458, FN 4073-1, as Detroit & Toledo Shore Line 119, Class ES.  It later became GTW 6119 and later sold as Rail Switching Service 451.

6120, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1952, #16208, FN 4154-1, as DT&SL 120, Class ES. It was renumbered when GTW took over the D&TSL and later sold as RSSX 402.

6121, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1952, #16209, FN 4154-2, as DT&SL 121, Class ES.  It later became GTW 6121 and later sold as RSSX 401.

7015, SW9, Class GS-12c, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17653, FN 4178-1.  It was retired in October 1988 and sold to Rail Switching Service as RSSX 7015 in January 1989.

7016, SW9, Class GS-12c, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17654, FN 4178-2.  It was retired in October 1988 and sold as RSSX 7016 in January 1989.  It was rebuilt by Railserve as LEAF in 2012.  It was leased to Big West Oil in 2014.

7225, SW900, Class GS-9-b, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1956, #22871, FN 4377-1, as Grand Trunk 7225. Class GS-9-b. It was transferred to GTW as 7225, Class GS-9-b. When retired it was sold to Econo-Rail as 7225.

7227, SW900, Class GS-9-b, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1956, #22873, FN 4377-3. When retired it was sold to Econ-Rail as 7227.

7231, SW900, Class GS-9-b, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1956, #22877, FN 4377-7.

7232, SW900, Class GS-9b, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1956, #22878, FN 4377-8.  It was sold to Lansing Board of Water & Light as 796 in 1988.

7263, SW900, Class GS-9-e, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1958, #24974, FN 4424-2.

7265, SW900, Class GS-9-e, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1958, #24976.

7267, SW900, Class GS-9-e, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1958, #24978.

7730, Class Q-2-a, was built by Brill in 1926, #22315, as Long Island RR 402. In 1934 it became GTW 7730, Class Q-2-a. In 1950, it became 73, Class LS-5-a, and in 1960 it was scrapped.

7800, SC, Class Q-4-a, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1938, #756. It was renumbered 78, Class GS-6-a, in 1950 and scrapped in 1962.

7801, SC, Class Q-4-a, was built by Electro-Motive in April, 1938, #757. In 1950 it became the 79, Class GS-6-a. It was scrapped in 1958.

7968, NW2, Class Q-5-a, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1947, #5164. It became Class GS-10a in September 1954. It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft and rebuilt in July 1978 as Kaiser Steel Co 32-003. In 1984 it became California Steel Industries 32003.

7973, NW2, Class Q-5-a, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1948, #5169. It became Class GS-10-a in September 1954.

8082, S4, Class MS-10j, was built by Alco in September 1955, #81402. It was rebuilt with a Caterpillar engine as 1000, Class CS-9, in 1978 and retired in 1992.  It was sold as Louisville New Albany & Corydon 1000.

8084, S4, Class MS-10j, was built by Alco in September 1955, #81404.  It was rebuilt with a Caterpillar engine as 1001, Class CS-9, in 1980 and retired in 1992.  It was sold as LNA&C 1001.

8089, S4, Class MS-10k, was built by Alco in October 1955, #81440.

8095, S2, Class MS-10a, was built by Alco in January 1942, #69654, as Central Vermont 7912, Class MS-10a.  It was renumbered 8095 on April 1, 1957, and transferred as GTW 8095, Class MS-10a, in 1968.  It was retired in 1977 and sold as Railway Equipment Leasing Co as RE 1055.  It was leased to Chestnut Ridge RR.

8110, S2, Class MS-10a, was built by Alco in July 1946, #74489, as 7934.  It was renumbered 8110 in 1957 and sold to Relco as RE 1035.  It was leased to Pillsbury and leased as Staley Grain Co 8110.  It became Tate & Lyle Grain Co 8110.

8199, S4, Class MS-10m, was built by Alco in August 1956, #81974.  It was rebuilt in 1980 as 1002, Class CS-9, and sold as Coe Rail 102 in October 1992.  It was sold as LNA&C 86 in 1997.

 

Roster information: R L Kennedy

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

11/25/2016

Memorial of Saint Bernold of Ottobeuren

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

He who seeks not the Cross of Christ seeks not the glory of Christ.

--St. John of the Cross