Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction Otwic

Connecticut Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Branford Steam RR

New Haven Trap Rock Co.

43 was built by Vulcan Iron Works in December 1918, #2888.  It was sold to Steamtown in 1963 and moved to Scranton in 1985.

7354, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1948, #29994, as Minneapolis & St Louis D149.  It was renumbered 12 in March 1956 and rebuilt by General Electric on December 12, 1956, as BSRR 4.  It was renumbered 7354.


Bullard Machine Co.

2534, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1943, #17805, as United States Navy.  It was sold as BMCo 2534 and sold as United Engineers 39-10.  It was sold as Railway Engineering & Supply Co 2 and renumbered 250.


Central New England RR

30, RS1, was built by Alco in May 1955, #81345, as Genesee & Wyoming 30.  It was renumbered 1976 "E P McCloskey" in 1976.  It was renumbered back as 30 and sold as Cape Cod RR 30 in 1989.  It was sold as CNZR 30 in 1992.  It was sold for parts to Green Mountain RR in 1996 and scrapped in 1999.

0670, RS1, was built by Alco in November 1948, #76212, as New York New Haven & Hartford 0670, Class DERS-1b.  It was sold as G&W 42 in January 1964 and sold to CCRR and painted as NH 0670 in September 1989. It was sold to A J Belliveau RR Construction in March 1991.  It was leased as Connecticut Central  0670 and sold as CNZR 0670 in 1995.

0825, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1949, #29901, as John A Roebling's Sons Co 6.  It was sold to Crane Co-Chapman Valve Co and to Enco Construction Co and to American Modular Homes and to Modular Homes and to A J Belliveau RR Construction.  It was sold as CNZR  0825 in NH style.

905, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1956, #22139, FN 5474-30, as New York New Haven & Hartford 1229, Class DERS-4. In 1969 it became Penn Central 7559, Class ERS-17s, and in April 1976 it became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7559, Class GP-9. It was transferred to Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority as 7559 and then leased to Southeast Michigan Transit Authority as 905 on October 6, 1978. On February 10, 1987, it was returned to MBTA as 905.  It was sold to A J Belliveau RR Construction as Connecticut Central RR 905 in October 1994.  It was transferred as CNZR 905 in 1997.

1922, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22769, FN 5524-2, as Northern Pacific 286.  It became Burlington Northern 1724, Class GP-9, in 1970 and was retired on July 12, 1983.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft on September 27, 1983, and sold as Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority 1922 in January 1984.  It was sold as CNZR 1922.

3006, GP20u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1960, #25579, FN 7584-7, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 1106, Class 1100.  It became 3106, Class 3100, in 1970. It was rebuilt in September 1977 to 3006, Class 3000. It later became CNZR 3006.


Connecticut Central RR

35, S4, was built by Alco in June 1959, #62008, as Genesee & Wyoming RR 35.  It was sold as CCCL as 35 and sold as Ontario Midland 35.

36, S4, was built by Alco in November 1953, #80943, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 8655, Class DES-11L.  It was sold to George R Silcott in 1966 and sold as G&W 36 in 1966.  It was renumbered 1776 in 1976 and returned as 36 in 1977.  It was sold as CCCL as 36 and sold as OMID 36.

53, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1954, #19485, FN 5335-4, as  Texas & New Orleans 283, Class DF-602.  It was transferred as Southern Pacific 5893 in 1960 and renumbered 3422, Class EF418-3, in 1966.  It was renumbered 3010, Class EP418-1, in 1967 and was rebuilt as 3191, Class EP418R-1, on October 21, 1977   It was sold to Feather River Rail Society in 1993 and resold as CCCL in 1994.  It was sold as Providence & Worcester 1802 and resold as Housatonic RR 1802 in 2001.

0670, RS1, was built by Alco in November 1948, #76212, as New York New Haven & Hartford 0670, Class DERS-1b.  It was sold as Genesee & Wyoming 42 in January 1964 and sold to Cape Cod RR and painted as NH 0670 in September 1989. It was sold to A J Belliveau RR Construction in March 1991.  It was leased as Connecticut Central  0670 and sold as Central New England RR 0670 in 1995.

905, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1956, #22139, FN 5474-30, as New York New Haven & Hartford 1229, Class DERS-4. In 1969 it became Penn Central 7559, Class ERS-17s, and in April 1976 it became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7559, Class GP-9. It was transferred to Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority as 7559 and then leased to Southeast Michigan Transit Authority as 905 on October 6, 1978. On February 10, 1987, it was returned to MBTA as 905.  It was sold to A J Belliveau RR Construction as CCCL 905 in October 1994.  It was transferred as Central New England RR 905 in 1997.

1201, RS3u, was built by Alco May 1951, #78868, as New York Central 8246, Class DRS-16b.  It was renumbered as 5246, Class ARS-16, in 1966 and became Penn Central 5246, Class ARS-16, in 1968.  It was sold as National Railway Passenger Corp 104 in 1976 and rebuilt in 1984.  It was sold as Shoreline Locomotive Co 6055 and resold as CCCL 1201.  It was sold as P&W 120 in 1991 and sold as Cape Cod Central RR 1201 in 2001.  It was scrapped in September 2011.


Connecticut Southern RR

This is a RailAmerica line.


Danbury Railway Museum

1513, RSC2, was built by Alco in May 1949, #76815, as Seaboard Air Line RR 1513.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 1102 in July 1967 and retired in January 1974.  It was sold as Florida Power & Light Co 1102 and sold to Penn Eastern Rail Lines as Bristol Industrial Terminal Ry BITY 1102 in 1993.  It was sold to New Hope & Ivyland 1513 in 1994 and later sold as Northern Central Ry 1513.  It was sold to Vintage Locomotives Inc and leased as DRMX 1513 in November 2002.


K&L Feed Co.

1, S4, was built by Alco in September 1955, #81401, as Central Vermont 8081, Class MS-10j. It was retired on December 4, 1987, and was sold to K&L Feed as 1.  It was sold to Connecticut Eastern Railway Museum in 1999 and restored as CV 8081.


Remington Arms

121, Model 55, Brill in 1930, #22880, as Sperry Rail Service 116.  It was renumbered 121 in June 1935 and sold as RA 121 in June 1953.  It was sold as Valley RR M-55 and sold to Edwards Railway Motor Co.  It was sold as Black River & Western M-55 in 2003 and leased as Arizona Eastern RR M-55 between October 2005 until July 2006. 


Shoreline Locomotive Co.

2556, C425, was built by Alco in May 1966, #3461-01, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 318. It became Burlington Northern 4258, Class C-425, in 1970. It was retired and sold to Chrome in August 1980, and then to Kyle RR as 4258. It was later sold to Arkansas & Missouri for parts  .It was sold as Massachusetts Central RR 4258 and sold as Shoreline Locomotive 2556.  It was sold as Bay Colony Ry 2501 and transferred as Seminole Gulf RR 550.  It was sold as Western New York & Pennsylvania RR 428.

6055, RS3u, was built by Alco May 1951, #78868, as New York Central 8246, Class DRS-16b.  It was renumbered as 5246, Class ARS-16, in 1966 and became Penn Central 5246, Class ARS-16, in 1968.  It was sold as National Railway Passenger Corp 104 in 1976 and rebuilt in 1984.  It was sold as Shoreline Locomotive Co 6055 and resold as Connecticut Central RR 1201.  It was sold as Providence & Worcester 120 in 1991 and sold as Cape Cod Central RR 1201 in 2001.  It was scrapped in September 2011.


Valley Railroad of Connecticut

2 was built by H K Porter in December 1941, #7344, as Barium Steel Co 2.  It was acquired as U S Navy Norfolk Navy Yard 2 and sold as Simons Wrecking Co 2.  It was acquired by Steamtown Foundation in December 1965 and sold to Melvin Carl in April 1986.  It was sold to R B Strong in June 1986.  It was sold to JRM Hauling & Recycling and donated to City of Peabody, MA in June 2006.  The project was too much and sold to Friends of Valley RR in December 2008.  It was restored cosmetically in 2009. 

40 was built by Alco-Brooks in August 1920, #61850, as Portland Astoria & Pacific 101.  It was sold as Minarets & Western RR 101 in May 1922 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in November 1935.  It was sold as Aberdeen & Rockfish 40 in December 1935.  It was retired in 1952 and sold as VRRC 40 in 1977.

97 was built by Alco-Cooke in 1923, #65188, for planned sale to Cuba.  It was sold and shipped on March 5, 1926, as Birmingham & Southeastern RR 200.  It was sold to Stephen D Bogen in 1963 and operated as Vermont Ry 97 in 1964.  It was transferred as VRRC 97 in 1970.

0800, 44 Ton, Class DEY-4, was built by General Electric in December 1950, #30854, as Long Island RR 400, Class GS-4.  It was sold to Black River & Western as 400 in November 1963 and sold to Stephen Bogen in 1966.  It was sold to VRRC as 400 in 1966 and renumbered as 0800, Class DEY-4, in 1973.

M-55, Model 55, Brill in 1930, #22880, as Sperry Rail Service 116.  It was renumbered 121 in June 1935 and sold as Remington Arms 121 in June 1953.  It was sold as VRRC M-55 and sold to Edwards Railway Motor Co.  It was sold as Black River & Western M-55 in 2003 and leased as Arizona Eastern RR M-55 between October 2005 until July 2006. 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/24/2016

Chistmas Eve

Memorial of Blessed Alberic of Gladbach

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

We must faithfully keep what we have promised. If through human weakness we fail, we must always without delay arise again by means of holy penance, and give our attention to leading a good life and to dying a holy death. May the Father of all mercy, the Son by his holy passion, and the Holy Spirit, source of peace, sweetness and love, fill us with their consolation.

St. Colette