Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Light Co.
The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Transport Co.
Wisconsin Electric Power Co.
L Series Locomotives
L1 was built at Cold Spring in 1906. It was transferred to Wisconsin Gas & Electric Co Racine power plant where it had no lettering. It was returned to Cold Spring in 1949 and one end was wrecked. It was rebuilt and retired in December 1957.
L3 was built at Cold Spring in 1920 and was originally equipped with poles and pantograph. The pantograph was removed and a cable reel installed in 1927. In 1948 it was isolated at Port Washington and became WEPCO L3 in 1963. It was acquired byWisconsin Electric Ry Historical Society in 1972. It was sold to an individual in 1988 and was sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1991.
L4 was built at Cold Spring in 1920. It also had a pantograph for a short time. It became WEPCO L4 in 1963 and was acquired by WERHS 1972. It was sold to an individual in 1988 and was sold to IRM in 1991.
L5 was purchased from Hicks in 1909 and was a 25 ton flat car numbered E80. In 1924 it was rebuilt as a locomotive. It was acquired by the WERHS. It was scrapped for parts.
L6 was built as sprinkler J4 by St Louis Car in 1911. It was rebuilt in 1929 as a utility switcher and crane and renumbered L6. It was assigned to Lakeside and was acquired by the WERHS when that facility ended electric rail service in 1972. It later became East Troy Electric Ry L6.
L7 was built at Cold Spring in 1931. It became WEPCO L7 in 1963 and was acquired by WERHS in 1972, It was sold to IRM in 1989.
L8 was built at Cold Spring in 1913 as D27. It was rebuilt as L8 in 1935 and acquired by WERHS in 1977. It was taken by East Troy Electric Ry L8 and restored.
L9 was built at Cold Spring in 1944. It became WEPCo L9 in 1963 and was acquired by WERHS in 1979. It became East Troy Electric Ry L9 in 1989.
L10 was built at Cold Spring in 1944. It becane WEPCo L10 in 1963. It was acquired by WERHS in 1977 but never shipped out of St Francis. It was sold to IRM in 1988 and shipped to Union.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of Our Lady of Sterpeto
Seventh Sunday in Easter
Have caution in not allowing yourself to be struck down by adversity nor becoming vain by prosperity.
-- St. Clare of Assisi