Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Municipality of East Troy
East Troy Electric Ry.
The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co built an interurban line from Milwaukee to East Troy in 1907 and abandoned it in 1939. On August 13, 1939, the Village of East Troy purchased the 7.2 miles from East Troy to the interchange with the Soo Line at Mukwonago to continue freight service for its industries. They contracted with TMER&T to lease the line back to TM for freight operation. TM assigned car M15 to the line with two employes. In 1949, TM decided to terminate the lease arrangement and the village assumed operation of the line. They purchased the M15 and Differential dump motor D13 for snow plow service and as a spare unit. In 1969, a spur to the Trent Tube plant was built without overhead, and the first diesel was acquired.
In 1971, the Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society secured an agreement with the village to operate their equipment on weekends as a museum. Problems soon developed over the joint operation of the line, and the agreement was terminated in 1989.
M15 was built at Cold Spring Shops in 1920 as a trailer, but it was motorized almost immediately. It was transferred to the isolated East Troy operation in 1939, and sold to the Municipality of East Troy in 1949. It was purchased by WERHS in 1982 but sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1989.
D13 was built by Dufferential Steel Car Co in 1920. It was sold to East Troy in 1949 and was sold to WERHS in 1982. It was sold to IRM in 1989.
In 1971, the Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society secured an agreement with the village to operate their equipment on weekends as a museum. Problems soon developed over the joint operation of the line, and the agreement was terminated. Another group offered to take over freight service as well as provide passenger service, and the line passed to them. Thus was born the ETER.
21 was built by Paul Averdung in 1978 from scratch using a truck from Belgium.
28 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1960, #1804, as Chicago Transit Authority 28. It was preserved by Appleton Trolley Museum in 1998 and went to ETER in 2002. It was scrapped in 2009.
35 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1960, #1804, as CTA 35. It was preserved by Historic L Car Society in 1998 and went to ETERR in 2000. It was scrapped in 2009.
64 was built by Brill in June 1927, #22529, as Philadelphia & Western Ry 64. It was rebuilt as 164 in 1931 and became Philadelphia Suburban Transportation Co 164 in 1948. It became Southeastern Pennnsylvania Transportation Authority 164 in 1970 and became a de-icing car in 1989. It was sold to Travel Northern Allegheny in 1992 but never used. It was sold to ETER in 1994 and rebuilt as ETER 64 in 2000. It was sold to Electric City Trolley Museum and will be restored as P&W 164.
253 was built by Twin City Rapid Transit in May 1913 as 1583, Class L-8. It was rebuilt in 1921, 1933, and 1948. In 1954 it was retired and sold for use as a cottage in northwest Wisconsin. In 1981 it was acquired and rebuilding began by Paul Averdung as Duluth-Superior Transit 253 which was an almost identical car.
846 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1920, #1239, as TMER&L 846. It was one-manned in 1925 and was donated to the Kentucky Railway Museum in 1958. After two floods it went to the Appleton Trolley Museum in 1983. It was found to be severely damaged and was finally restored in 1998. In October 2002, the ATM merged with the ETEM and 846 was the first car moved.
1111 was built by Pullman in 1926 as Chicago South Shore & South Bend 11. In 1945 it was lengthened and somewhat modernized. The humps under the pantographs were removed when the car was restored for service. In 2001 it was traded to the Michigan Transportation Museum for North Shore 761.
1130 was built by Standard Car in 1929 as CSS&SB 30. It was never lengthed, but was modernized somewhat. When prepared for service in East Troy the humps were removed.
2185 was built by St Louis Car in July 1948, Order #1666, as Philadelphia Transportation Co 2185. It was rebuilt in May 1984 and sold to the ETERy in November 1994. It was donated to Kenosha Transit Lines as 2185 in October 2011.
4420 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1924, #2860, as Chicago Rapid Transit 4420. It was purchased by Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society in 1975 and sold to ETER in 1989
4453 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1924, #2860, as CRT 4453. It was sold tto Indiana Railway Museum in 1974 and sold to ETER in 1995.
4617 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1950, #1674, and completed by Canadian Car & Foundry in 1951, #1912, as Toronto Transit Commission 4539, Class A8. It was rebuilt in 1992 as 4617, Class A15, and retired in 1996. It was sold as ETER 4617 in 1996 and donated as KTL 4617 in October 2011.
D23, line car was built at Cold Spring by TMER&L in 1907 as TMER&L D21 and was rebuilt by 1910 for interurban service. It was modernized in 1929. On October 15, 1944, it was sold to Kenosha Motor Coach Line as D21. It was found that this car was being used at the Port Washington Power Plant. Since they also found out that another D23 was on the line after rebuilding J6, this car became TMER&T D3. It was sold to Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society in 1972 as D23 and then was sold to ETER as D23 in 1989.
L6 was built by St Louis Car in 1911 as TMER&L J4, a sprinkler. In 1929 it was rebuilt as switcher-crane L6 and assigned to Lakeside Power Plant. It was acqquired by TWERHS and later transferred to ETER.
L8 was built at Cold Spring in 1913 a TMER&L D27. It was rebuilt as L8 in 1935 and acquired by WERHS in 1977. It was taken by East Troy Electric Ry L8 and restored.
L9 was built by TMER&T in 1944. It was acquire by WERHS and is now ETERy L9.
C1 was built by the Milwaukee Road as 990003.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Saint Ermine
Third Sunday in Lent
The fast of Lent has no advantage to us unless it brings about our
spiritual renewal. It is necessary while fasting to change our whole life
and practice virtue. Turning away from all wickedness means keeping our
tongue in check, restraining our anger, avoiding all gossip, lying and
swearing. To abstain from these things
- herein lies the true value of the fast.
- St. John Chrysostom