Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Light Co.

 The Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Transport Co.

Articulated Cars 1031-1050

 

10 two-car trains were built by St Louis Car in 1930 for suburban service to South Milwaukee. They were built as single end units and were also used on weekends to Waukesha Beach. When the South Milwaukee line was abandoned in 1941, the units were placed in storage. During the war, they were double ended and returned to service as rush hour trippers to the Supercharger plant on Route 19 and on Route 18 for Allis-Chalmers workers. When the war ended, they were again stored. In 1949 they were sold to MRT&S and refurbished as 31-50. 31-40 were single end and fitted with bucket seats from the 1100 series interurbans. 41-50 remained double ended. 39-40 was destroyed in the head-on collision on September 2, 1950. 43-44 were damaged in an accident at Sunny Slope in February 1950. All were scrapped in 1952.

1031-1032 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as Milwaukee Rapid Transit & Speedrail 31-32 in 1949 and rebuilt as single end and equipped with bucket cars from the 1100s.  It was scrapped in 1952.

1033-1034 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 33-34 in 1949 and rebuilt as single end and equipped with bucket cars from the 1100s.  It was scrapped in 1952.

1035-1036 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 35-36 in 1949 and rebuilt as single end and equipped with bucket cars from the 1100s.  It was scrapped in 1952.

1037-1038 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 37-38 in 1949 and rebuilt as single end and equipped with bucket cars from the 1100s.  It was scrapped in 1952.

1039-1040 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 39-40 in 1949 and rebuilt as single end and equipped with bucket cars from the 1100s.  It got a special headlight and a new paint scheme on September 1, 1950, and destroyed in a headon collision on September 2. 1950.

1041-1042 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 41-42 in 1949 and retained the double ends and original seating.  It was scrapped in 1952.

1043-1044 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 43-44 in 1949 and retained the double ends and original seating.  It was damaged in an accident at Sunny Slope in February 1950 and was scrapped in 1952.

1045-1046 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 45-46 in 1949 and retained the double ends and original seating.  It was scrapped in 1952.

1047-1048 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 48-49 in 1949 and retained the double ends and original seating.  It was scrapped in 1952.

1049-1050 was built by St Louis Car in 1930.  It was rebuilt as double end in 1942 and stored in 1946.  It was sold as MRTSR 49-50 in 1949 and retained the double ends and original seating.  It was scrapped in 1952.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

7/18/2015

Memorial of Saint Arnoul the Martyr

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The Creator of the universe awaits the prayer of one poor little person to save a multitude of others, redeemed like her at the price of His Blood.

-- Saint Therese of Liseux