Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Alabama Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Alabama Asphaltic Limestone Co.

Southern Stone Co.

401 was built by Baldwin in December 1907, #32487, was built as Southern Ry 401, Class H-4.  It was sold as AALCo 401 in November 1949 and sold to SPUR (Society of the Perpetual of Unretired Railfans) in 1967.  It became Monticello & Sangamon Valley Railroad Historical Society in 1969 and renamed Monticello Railway Museum in 1982.


Alabama By-Products Co.

ABC Coke Co.

5, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18441, FN 6519-1, and was formerly Lehigh Portland Cement Co 5.

900, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1956, #21854, FN 4352-1.


Alabama Central RR

28 was built by Alco-Pittsburgh in June 1902, #25196, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 159, Class G-102d.  It was renumbered 9329 in 1907 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co.in 1937.  It was sold as Oneida & Western 28 on August 10, 1937, and resold as ACRR 28 in 1955.  It was retired in 1957 and scrapped in January 1962.


Alabama Marble Co.

3 was built by Alco-Cooke in 1910.


Alabama Power Co.

20 was built by Porter in 1948, #8172, and is now stored at Ohatchee, AL.

108, 100 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1960, #33837.  It was sold to Dolese Brothers Co as DOLX 125006 and sold to Motive Power & Equipment Solutions in 2009.

See also the Alabama Trolley page for local streetcars.


Alabama Railroad

This railroad is a part of Pioneer Railcorp.


American Cast Iron Pipe Co.

102, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1948, #5263, FN E890-1, as Lake Terminal RR 1009. In 1962 it became Birmingham Southern 21, Class 20, and was sold to ACIP as 102 in February, 1969.

103, HH900, was built by Alco in March 1937, #68788, as BS 82, Class 80. It was sold to ACIP as 103 in December 1963.

2nd 103, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1957, #23984, FN 4408-2, as BS 201.  It sold as ACIP 103

104, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1948, #5267, as LT 1013. In 1962 it became BS 24, Class 20, and was sold to ACIP as 104 in February 1969.


Atlanta & St. Andrews Bay RR

We have a page on this road.


Berman Brothers Iron & Metal Co.

471, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #10900, as Union RR 471, Class D-57.  It was sold as Johnstown & Stony Creek RR 471 in 1963 and sold as BBI&M 471.  It was renumbered 1 and sold to Independent Locomotive Service 1367.  It was sold as CHS Cooperatives 1367.


Birmingham & Southeastern RR

200 was built by Alco-Cooke in 1923, #65188, for planned sale to Cuba.  It was sold and shipped on March 5, 1926, as Birmingham & Southeastern RR 200.  It was sold to Stephen D Bogen in 1963 and operated as Vermont RR 97 in 1964.  It was transferred as Valley RR of Connecticut 97 in 1970.

199, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1953, #31229.  It was sold to Columbia Nitrogen Co and resold to Republic Locomotive Works.  It was sold as Marion County Ry no number in June 1984.


Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co.

113, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric at June 1946, #28494, as Union Freight RR 5. It was sold in December 1953 as Consumers Co 106-5.. It later became Vulcan Materials Co 4687 and was retired by them in December, 1970. They sold it to BR&L where it became 113.

139, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January, 1948, #29465, as High Point Thomasville & Denton 201. In October, 1968, it was purchased by and lettered for Superior Stone Co. It never got to be lettered for the R&R. In 1976 it became BR&L 139. They sold it to McWane Cast Iron Pipe Co. as 70 in February, 1976. It was scrapped in 1984.

 


Birmingham Slag Co.

DE7, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1941, #13169, as United States Army 4550. It was renumbered 7431 and later sold to Birmingham Slag Co as DE7 in July 1946. It later became Vulcan Materials Co as 2264. It was rebuilt in 1971 and sold to Pacolet Manufacturing Co no number in 1971.


Birmingham Southern RR

We have a page on this road.


Buck Creek Lumber Co.

14 was built by Baldwin in January 1881, #5892, as Central RR & Banking of Georgia 109 "Madison".  It was consolidated as Central of Georgia 1501 in October 1895 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co.  It was sold as BCLCo 14 in September 1910 and resold as Empire Lumber Co 14 in 1912.  It was sold as W T Smith Lumber Co 14 on October 1920.  The company was purchased by Union Camp in April 1966 and donated to George Eastwood for Pike Pioneer Museum.


Calera & Shelby RR

Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum

2019, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15014, FN 7008-20, as United States Army 2019, Class D-SD-8.  It was rebuilt in November 1953.  It was sold to HODRM as Calera & Shelby RR 2019 in 1995.

2022, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15017, FN 7008-23.  It was sold to HODRM as C&S 2019 in 1995.


Chattahoochee Valley RR

57 was built by Baldwin in 1915, #41740, as Atlanta Birmingham & Atlantic as 103. It became 212, Class K-1, and later was sold to CVRy as 57. It was then sold to Kelly's Creek RR as 57 and sold to Buffalo Creek &Gauley as 9 in 1953. It was renumbered 12 in 1953 and was scrapped in 1955.

243, RS1, was built by Alco in May 1943, #70817, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 743, Class S-62/  It was sold to Hyman-Michaels Co in March 1968 and resold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co in 1968.  It was sold ac Chattahoochee Valley Ry 743 in 1968 and sold as Birmingham Southern Ry 743 on September 3, 1973.  It was renumbered 243 in October 1973 and resold as South Hopkins Coal Co 243 "Jiggs".  It was then sold to George R Silcott Co and resold as S&L 243.  It was sold to Oklahoma Railway Museum in 1989 and restored as Rock Island 743.


Dixie Midland Ry.

2 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977, as Oklahoma Portland Cement Co 2.  It was sold as Virgin Pine Lumber Co 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&R Lumber Co 15 in July 1926.  It was sold as Goodyear Yellow Pine Co 2 in April 1931 and sold as Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co 15 on August 14, 1944.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as Pascagoula Veneer Co 1.  It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as DMRy 8.  It was sold as Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Ry 8 in 1983 and sold as Lowville & Beaver River RR 8 in 1989.  It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.


Eastern Alabama RR

This road opeerates over former Louisville & Nashville trackage from Talladega to Gantt's Quarry leased from CSX. It began operation in 1990 as part of Statesrail and is now owned by RailAmerica.


ECC American Calcium Products, Inc.

This company is a branch of English Clay China Corp. It later became Imerys Pgments, Inc.

3, 80 Ton, was built by Davenport in October 1952, #3344, as United States Army 1621. It later became Budd Co. 3 in May 1970. It was later sold to Georgia Mable Co as 3 and then to ECCACP 3.

34, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.


Empire Coke Co.

48, SW8, Electro-Motive, November, 1952, #16830, as Chicago West Pullman & Southern 48. It later was sold to ECCo as 48 and sold as Watco 48 in 2007.

410, S1, was built by Alco in September 1943, #71260 as Port Everglades Belt Ry 410.

570, SC, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1936, #607, as New York Central 570.

9068, S2, was built by Alco in November 1948, #76205, as Baltimore & Ohio 524, Class DS-5A. It was renumbered 9068, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1964.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal on June 15, 1976, and sold to ECCo as 9068 through George R Silcott and Birmingham Rail and Locomotive on December 8, 1976.  It was retired in 2002.

There was also an electric locomotive.


Empire Lumber Co.

14 was built by Baldwin in January 1881, #5892, as Central RR & Banking of Georgia 109 "Madison".  It was consolidated as Central of Georgia 1501 in October 1895 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co.  It was sold as Buck Creek Lumber Co 14 in September 1910 and resold as ELCo 14 in 1912.  It was sold as W T Smith Lumber Co 14 on October 1920.  The company was purchased by Union Camp in April 1966 and donated to George Eastwood for Pike Pioneer Museum.


Fairfield Southern RR

212, SW1000, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1969, #34472, FN 7143-1, and was formerly Birmingham Southern 12.  It was renumbered 212.  It was transferred as FS 212 on February 1, 2013, and traded to WATCo as WAMX 1706 in 2013.

218, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1973, #72666-1, FN 72666-1, and was formerly BS 18.  It was transferred as FSRR 218.

219, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1973, #72666-2, FN 72666-2, and was formerly BS 19.  It was transferred as FSRR 219.

220, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1974, #73680-1, FN 73680-1, as BS 220.  It was transferred as FSRR 220.

221, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1974, #73680-2, FN 73680-2, as BS 221.  It was transferred as FSRR 221.

222, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1974, #73680-3, FN 73680-3, as BS 222.  It was transferred as FSRR 222.

223, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1974, #73680-4, FN 73680-4, as BN 223.  It was transferred as FSRR 223.

224, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1974, #73680-5, FN 73680-5, as BS 224.  It was transferred as FSRR 224.

225, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1974, #74642-1, FN 74642-1, as BS 225.  It became WAMX 1702 and traded as FSRR 225.

226, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1972, #38840, FN 4611-1, as Newburgh & South Shore 1020.  It sold as BS 226 and was transferred as FSRR 226.

303, slug, was built by Electro-Motive as BS 303.  It was transferred as FSRR 303.

304, slug, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17996, FN 6593-9, as Mississippi Central 209, SW9.  It became Illinois Central 1243 in March 1968 and was rebuilt at Centralia in 1981 as slug 55.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co and sold to Indiana Harbor Belt PB5 in 1995.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Electric Co in 2005 and sold as Birmingham Southern RR 304 in February 2006.  It was transferred as Fairfield Southern RR 304.

305, slug, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1952, #16437, FN 4184-11, as IC 9330, SW9.  It was renumbered 1230 in September 1957 and rebuilt at Centralia in 1981 as slug 59.  It was retired in 1990 and sold to NRE.  It was sold as IHB PB4 in 1995 and sold to LTE in 2005.  It was sold as BS 305 in February 2006 and transferred as FSRR 305.

351, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1972, #7355-7, FN 7355-7, as Penn Central 9516, Class ES-15.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9516, Class SW-1500, in April 1976 and sold as Bessemer & Lake Erie 151.  It was transferred as BS 351 and transferred as FSRR 351.

352, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1972, #7355-47, FN 7355-47, as PC 9556, Class ES-15.  It became Conrail 9556, Class SW-1500, in April 1976 and sold as B&LE 152.  It was transferred as BSRR 352 and transferred as FSRR 352.

355, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1971, #37068, FN 4592-1 as St. Marys RR 503.   It was sold as BS 355 and transferred as FSRR 355.

603, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1976, #756071-3, FN 756071-3, as Union RR 103.  It transferred as BS 603 and transferred as FSRR 603.


Federal Barge Line RR

Warrior River Terminal Co.

Ensley Southern RR

The ESRR was built in 1900 and became WRT in 1926.  It later became FBL and closed in 1963.

3 was built by Porter in November 1917, #5980, for Watertown Arsenal.  It was sold as Warrior River Terminal Co 3 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co in 1934.  It was sold as Edgemoor & Manetta RR 5 in April 1941 and the line was abandoned in 1975.

1, S1, was built by Alco in January 1942, #69681, as FBL 1.  It was sold as Hartford & Slocomb RR 1.

61, RS3, was built by Alco in October 1955, 381686, as FBL 61.  It was sold as Birmingham Southern RR 154 and renumbered 254.  It was sold as Goodpasture Grain Co 83 604.  It was sold as Agri Industries 83 604 and sold as Intercontinental Terminal 83 604.  It was sold as Woodhouse Terminal 83 604.


Gold Kist Co.

This is a national chicken company.


Gulf States Steel Corp.

This company was formerly LTV Steel and closed in 2000. It is now the Gadsden Industrial Park.

913, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive.

919, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive.

922, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1956, #21064, FN 4329-9, as Norfolk & Portsmouth Belt RR 114.  It was sold as GSS 922 in 1988 and resold as Everett RR 922.  It was resold as Ohio Central RR 922.

923, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive.


Hartford & Slocomb RR

This road operated from Hartford to Dothan, but now only runs from Dothan to Taylor. It was originally a part of the Chattahoochee & Gulf from Columbia to Lockhart. This road was leased by the Central of Georgia. In the 1940s, the line west of Dothan was abandoned except for the portion sold to the H&S.

1, S1, was built by Alco in January 1942, #69681, as Federal Barge Line 1.  It was sold as H&S 1.

257, RS1, was built by Alco in October 1949, #77175, as Chicago & Western Indiana RR 257.  It was sold to Precision National Corp and sold as H&S 257 in May 1971.

110, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #14988, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 1520.  It was renumbered 110 in 1958 and retired on May 25, 1989.  It was sold to Wilson Ry Corp on July 19, 1989, and sold as H&S 110.  It was sold to LRS Companies as LRSX 110 in 2006 and became Hardeman County Grain Co 110 in 2008.

1051, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1947, #4760, as Southern Ry 2260.  It was renumbered 1051 in December 1972 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co in October 1983.  It was sold as H&S 1051 and merged as Gulf & Ohio Railways 1051.


Huntsville & Madison County RR

527, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1946, #3626, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9230.  It became Burlington Northern 527, Class NW-2, in 1970 and sold to Chrome Locomotive Co in August 1982.  It was sold as H&MC 527 in August 1985.


Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority

107, RS1, was built by Alco in July 1951, #79052, as Savannah River Plant 107.  It became United States Department of Energy 39-5309 and sold as HMCAA 107.

8652, SW900m, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1938, #784, as Lehigh Valley RR 125, Class BB-5, a NW1.  It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #23539, Class DS-5, a SW900m.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 8652, Class SW-900, in April 1976.  It was sold as HMCAA 8652.


Huntsville Ry.

4 was built by Porter in October 1904, #3077, as Sharon Steel Hoop Co 4.  It became Sharon Steel Co 4 in 1936 and sold to Sam Conti in 1963.  It was sold as HRy 4 in November 1985.


Jefferson Warrior RR

51, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1972, #72603-1, FN 72603-1.  It became WATCo as WAMX 1511 in 2009.

52, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1972, #72603-2, FN 72603-2.  It became WAMX 1512 in 2009.

53, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1972, #72603-3, FN 72603-3.  It became WAMX 1513 in 2009.

54, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1972, #72603-4, FN 72603-4.  It became WAMX 1516 in 2009.

55, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1941, #1247, FN E371-4, as Union Pacific 1018. Class NW2.  It was retired in August 1978 and sold to Chrome Crankshaft in November 1978.  It was rebuilt at Silvis in April 1980 as Jim Walter Resources 55 and became JWR 55 in 1985.  It became WAMX 403 in 2009.

56, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1947, #4714, FN E820-18, as UP 1068, Class NW2.   It was retired in April 1978. and sold to Chrome Crankshaft in November 1978.  It was rebuilt at Silvis in March 1980 as Jim Walter Resources 56 and became JWR 56 in 1985.  It became WAMX 404 in 2009.


Kentucky Lumber Co.

9 was built by Heisler Locomotive Works in May 1923, #1479.  It was sold as Carolina Tie & Lumber Co 9 and sold as Santee River Hardwood Co 9.  It was sold as Campbell Limestone Co 9 in March 1962 and became Vulcan Materials Co 9 in February 1969.  It was donated to the NRHS Atlanta Chapter in December 1979 and is at the Southeastern Ry Museum.  It was restored as CLCo 9.


Kodiak Mining Co.

2968, SD35, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1965, #29856, FN 7761-27, as Southern Pacific 4842, Class DF-503.  It was renumbered 6926, Class EF625-1, in 1966 and rebuilt as 4707, Class EF620-LR-1, in 1977.  It was renumbered 2968 in 1990.  It was sold as Tennessee Southern 2968 and sold to Railway Service Contractors as MJRX 2968 in 2005.  It was sold as Kodiak Mining Co 2306.


LaFarge Cement Co.

This is an international company.


McWane Cast Iron Pipe Co.

70 was a 70 Ton built by General Electric in January, 1948, #29465, as High Point Thomasville & Denton 201. In October, 1968, it was purchased by and lettered for Superior Stone Co. It never got to be lettered for the Rockton & Rion. In 1976 it became Birmingham Rail & Locomotive 139. They sold it to MCIPCo. as 70 in February, 1976. It was scrapped in 1984.


Mercury & Chase RR

484, S2, was built by Alco in June 1949, #76791, as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 484.  It became Erie Lackawanna 543, Class SA-10, in January 1960 and sold as Raynolds Metals Co 543.  It was then donated as Northern Alabama Railroad Club 484 and became M&C 484,


Meridian & Bigbee River RR

Meridian & Bigbee RR

This is now a Genesse & Wyoming line.


T. R. Miller Mill Co.

12 was built by Baldwin in 1904, #24404. It is now displayed at the Marine Museum at Pensacola, FL.

101 was built by Baldwin in 1924, #58057, as Tuskegee RR 101.   It was sold as TRMM 101.  It was later sold to the Illinois Railway Museum where it has been restored as Tuskegee RR 101.


Mississippi & Alabama Railroad

4 was built by Baldwin in 1914.

301.


Mobile & Gulf RR

98, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1942, #15159, as New York Central 508, Class DES-1b.  It was renumbered X507 and transferred as Despatch Shops Inc 2 in 1954.  It was sold as M&G 98 in July 1970.


Montvalls Coal Mining Co.

2 was built by Vulcan Iron Works in July 1920, #3070, as Stine Coal Mining Co 2.  It became Montvalls Coal Mining Co 2 and sold as Southern Clays Inc 9 in August 1950.  It was sold to James Mashburn and resold to R A Whitefield in 1968.  It was sold and rebuilt nt Keystone Light Ry in 1971.  It was sold as Opryland RR 2 "Rachel" in 1972 and donated to Grapevine Vintage RR 2 in 2004.  It was considered for service between the station and the Gaylord but it will be on display.


Northern Alabama Railroad Club

484, S2, was built by Alco in June 1949, #76791, as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 484.  It became Erie Lackawanna 543, Class SA-10, in January 1960 and sold as Raynolds Metals Co 543.  It was then donated as NARC 484 and became Mercury & Chase RR 484,


Shorty's Truck & Railroad Car Parts

108, 40 Ton WDT, was built by Plymouth in December 1952, #5608, as Magor Car Corp 5608.  It was sold as Fruehauf Rail Corp 5608 and renumbered 456.  It was sold as Laurinburg & Southern 108 in August 1973 and sold to Shorty's in September 1998.


Sloss-Sheffield Steel & Iron Co.

29, 45DE27b, was built by Whitcomb on December 26, 1942, #60229, as Oak Ordnance Plant 104.  It became United States Army V1213 in 1943 and renumbered 1213.  It was sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in November 1947 and sold as SSS&I 29 on June 2, 1948.  It became United States Pipe & Foundry Co 29 in October 1952.

36, S8, was built by Baldwin in March 1952, #75523.  It became USP&F 36 in October 1952.


W. T. Smith Lumber Co.

7 was built by Baldwin in September 1912, #38303. The company was purchased by Union Camp in April 1966 and 7 was purchased by Kershaw Mfg Co in South Montgomery in 1970.

14 was built by Baldwin in January 1881, #5892, as Central RR & Banking of Georgia 109 "Madison".  It was consolidated as Central of Georgia 1501 in October 1895 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co.  It was sold as Buck Creek Lumber Co 14 in September 1910 and resold as Empire Lumber Co 14 in 1912.  It was sold as Smith 14 on October 1920.  The company was purchased by Union Camp in April 1966 and donated to George Eastwood for Pike Pioneer Museum.


Southern Electric Generating

108, 100 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1960, #33837.  It was sold as Motive Power & Equipment Solutions 108.


Stockham Valves & Fittings Co.

1776, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1940, #987, as Illinois Central 9020. It was renumbered 605 in October 1953 and sold to Precision Engineering Co in May 1969.  It was sold to United States Pipe & Foimdry Co as 41109 in 1969 and renumbered 46 in 1969. It was later sold to Georgia Marble Co as 88 and sold as Stockham Valves & Fittings Co 1776 in 1985..


Tennessee Coal Iron & RR Co.

750, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, #13259, FN 6188-1.  It became United States Steel Corp 750 and later renumbered 81.  It was transferred as Birmingham Southern RR 381 and sold as Tube City Iinc 81.

752, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, #13261, FN 6188-3.  It became USSX 752 and later renumbered 83.  It was transferred as BSRR 383.

1501, DRS6-6-1500, was built by Baldwin in June 1948, #73747.  It became USS 162.


Tennessee Valley Authority

This is a regional service..


Terminal Railway Alabama State Docks

511, S4, was built by Alco in August 1951, #78804.  It was rebuilt by Hulcher Rail Service in 1981 at Curtis Bay Co 1.  It became Chesapeake Bay Piers.

681, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1968, #34115, FN 4549-1.  It was sold to VMV Enterprises and became Paducah & Louisville 681.  It was sold to Weirton Steel Co 681 and renumbered 314.

803, MP15AC, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1980, #806003-1.

822, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1982, #816038-2.


Three Notch RR

 

It is a Gulf & Ohio company.


Tombigbee Valley RR

The TVRR was a reorganization on March 5, 1904, of the Tombigbee & Norhern Railway, which was 36-inch gauge. The new company immediately converted the line to standard gauge and abandoned the section from Nannahubba Bluffs to Calvert, AL. The Tombigbee Valley RR became part of the Alabama, Tennessee & Northern Railroad on May 1, 1913.

21.


Tube City, Inc.

81, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, #13259, as Tennessee Coal Iron & RR Co 750.  It became United States Steel Corp 750 and later renumbered 81.  It was transferred as Birmingham Southern RR 381 and sold as TCI 81.

No number, 47 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1957 as USSC 36.  It was sold as TCI with no number.


Transportation Services, Inc.

302, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive.


Tuskegee RR

101 was built by Baldwin in 1924, #58057. It was later sold to T R Miller Mill Co as 101, It was later sold to the Illinois Railway Museum where it has been restored as Tuskegee RR 101.


United States Pipe & Foundry Co.

We have a page on this road.


United States Steel Corp.

We have a page on this large corporation.


Vulcan Materials Co.

This is a national company.


Jim Walter Resources

37, S8, was built by Baldwin in December 1954, #76836, as United States Pipe & Foundry Co 37.  It was sold as JWR 37 and acquired by Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum.

55, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1941, #1247, FN E371-4, as Union Pacific 1018. Class NW2.  It was retired in August 1978 and sold to Chrome Crankshaft in November 1978.  It was rebuilt at Silvis in April 1980 as JWR 55 and became Jefferson Warrior RR 55 in 1985. It became WATCo as WAMX 403 in 2009.

56, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1947, #4714, FN E820-18, as UP 1068, Class NW2.   It was retired in April 1978. and sold to Chrome Crankshaft in November 1978.  It was rebuilt at Silvis in March 1980 as JWR 56 and became JEFW 56 in 1985.  It became WATCo as WAMX 404 in 2009.


Wiregrass Central RR

 

It is a Gulf & Ohio company.


Woodward Iron Co.

30 was built by Baldwin in November 1912, #38812.  It was sold as Campbell Creek's RR 12.

31 was built by Baldwin in November 1921, #38813. It was sold to Rockton & Rion RR as 31 on January 24, 2962. It was sold in 1973 and is on diplay in Waycross, GA.

41 was built by Baldwin in January 1928, #60341, as Alabama Tennessee & Northern 401. It later was sold to WICo as their 41 in 1948. It was retired in June 1959 and sent to the MidContinent Railway Museum in 1965.  It was displayed as AT&N 401.  It was sold to Age of Steam Roundhouse on December 29, 2015.

 

Roster Information: Randy Keller, William G Mundy

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/27/2016

Memorial of Saint John the Apostle

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

O Holy Family --- the Family so closely united to the mystery which we contemplate on the day of the Lord's Birth --- guide with Your example the families of the whole earth.

---Pope St. John Paul II