Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago & North Western

Electro-Motive Rebuilt GP9 Diesels

 

4301 was built in September 1955, #20686, FN 5410-2, as 1720. It was rebuilt at Oelwein in November 1971 as 4301 and retired on June 27, 1985. It was traded in to Electro-Motive and scrapped at St. Louis Auto Shredding.

4302 was built in November 1956, #22821, FN 7537-2, as Minneapolis & St Louis 601.  It became C&NW 601 and was rebuilt at Oelwein in February 1972 as 4302.  It was retired on June 27, 1985, and traded in to Electro-Motive.  It was scrapped at St Louis Auto Shredding.

4303 was built in November 1956, #22822, FN 7537-3, as M&StL 602.  It became C&NW 602 and was rebuilt Oelwein in October 1972 as 4303.  It was retired on September 4, 1990.

4304 was built in March 1957, #22881, FN 7540-1, as M&StL 603.  It became C&NW 603 and was rebuilt at Oelwein in May 1972 as 4304.  It was retired on December 12, 1988, and sold as Fox River Valley RR 4304.  It later became Wisconsin Central Ltd 4304.  It was resold as Wisconsin & Southern RR 751 and sold to Farmers Coop Co (Dows, IA) but apparently never relettered. 

4305 was built in February 1957, #22882, FN 7540-2, as M&StL 604.  It became C&NW 604 and was rebuilt at Oelwein in August 1972 as 4305.  It was retired on June 6, 1989.  It was traded in to General Electric in May 1989 and scrapped by Pielet Brothers.

4306 was built in April 1957, #22883, FN 7540-3, as M&StL 605.  It became C&NW 605 and was rebuilt at Oelwein in 1972 as 4306.  It was retired on July 28, 1986, and traded in to Electro-Motive in August 1986.  It was scrapped by St Louis Auto Shredding.

4307 was built in July 1957, #22983, FN 7540-2, as M&StL 606.  It became C&NW 606 and was rebuilt at Oelwein in October 1972 as 4307.  It was sold as Pioneer Railcorp 4307.  

4308 was built in October 1957, #22982, FN 7540-1, as M&StL 607.  It became C&NW 607 and was rebuilt at Oelwein in September 1972 as 4308.  It was retired on September 4, 1990, and was sold as Gulf Colorado & San Saba RR 4308.  It was scrapped on June 5, 2012.

4323 was built in June 1954, #19512, FN 5337-5, as 1715. It was rebuilt at Oelwein in October 1972 as 4323 and retired in 1994. It was scrapped at Proviso by T H Cropping Inc.

4380 was built in January 1954, #19104, FN 5320-14, as Union Pacific 218, Class GP-9.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in September 1976 and rebuilt as C&NW 4380 on May 2, 1977.  It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar Services.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co and chop-nosed in April 1990.  It was leased as GSMRR 711.

4381 was built in September 1954, #19887, FN 5362-28, as UP 290, Class GP--9.  It was retired and sold to Precision National in September 1976.  It was sold as C&NW and rebuilt as 4381 on May 11, 1977.  It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar who sold it to OmniTrax in February 1991.  It became Kansas Southwestern Ry 4381.

4382 was built in September 1954, #19874, FN 5362-15, as UP 277, Class GP-9.  It was retired and sold to Precision National in September 1976 and then to GE Railcar.  It was leased to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on May 24, 1977, as 4382.  It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar. It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co and chop-nosed in April 1990.  It was leased as GSMRR 777.

4390 was built in August 1954, #19776, FN 5361-2, as UP 251, Class GP-9. It was sold to Precision National in April 1977 and then to GE Railcar. It was leased to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on July 14, 1977, as 4390. It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar who sold it to RELCo as 1614..

4392 was built in September 1954, #19889, FN 5362-30, as UP 292, Class GP-9. It was sold to Precision National in April 1977 and then to GE Railcar. It was leased to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on July 22, 1977, as 4392. It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar who sold it OmniTrax in February 1991.

4393 was built in March 1954, #19179, FN 5321-A49, as UP 178. It was sold to Precision National in April 1977 and then to GE Railcar. It was leased to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on August 1, 1977, as 4393. It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar who sold it to OmniTrax in February 1991.

4395 was built in August 1954, #19779, FN 5361-5, as UP 254.  It was retired and sold to Precision National in September 1976 and then to GE Railcar.  It was leased to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on August 10, 1977, as 4395.  It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar who sold it to Railway Leasing Co as 1609 in April 1990.  It was leased as Western Plant Services as RE 1609 and later to Cargill North Star Steel Arizona as RLCX 1609.

4398, GP9, was built in January 1954, #19121, FN 5320-31, as UP 235. It was retired in April 1977 and sold to Precision National Corp. It was then sold to GE Railcar and leased to C&NW and became 4398 on August 25, 1977. It was retired on December 20, 1989, and sold to GE Railcar Services. It was later sold to OmniTrax and later Central Kansas Ry 4398.  It was scrapped at Wichita in 2001.

4501 was built in June 1957, #23552, FN 7541-11, as 1735. It was rebuilt at Oelwein in September 1972 as 4501 and was transferred to Fox River Valley RR as 4501 on January 12, 1989. It later became Wisconsin Central Ltd 4501.and then sold as Larry's Truck Equipment Co 4501.  It was scrapped.

4502 was built in November 1956, #22820, FN 7647-1, as Minneapolis & St Louis 600.  It became C&NW 600 and was rebuilt at Oelwein in February 1972 as 4502.  It was retired on December 12, 1988, and sold as FRVR 4502.  It later became WCLtd 4502.

4503 was built in September 1957, #23559, FN 7542-18, as 1742.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4503 in November 1972 and retired on December 12, 1988.  It was sold as FRVR 1702 and became WCLtd 1702.  It was sold to Pioneer Rail Equipment as PREX 1702.

4505 was built in April 1951, #14314, FN 5089-23, as C&NW 1547, a GP7.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein on December 12, 1973, as 4505 and sold as FRV 4505 on January 12, 1989.  It later became WCLtd 4505 and sold to Western Rail Inc.

4508 was built in October 1958, #24765, FN 5580-11, as M&StL 710.  It became C&NW 710 and was rebuilt at Oelwein on November 1, 1974, as 4508.  It was retired on December 12, 1988, and sold as FRV 4508.   It later became WCLtd 4508 and sold to Western Rail Inc.  It was sold as Portland & Western RR 1804 "Eugene" in 2007.

4513 was built in October 1958, #24757, FN 5580-3, M&StL 702.  It became C&NW 702 and was rebuilt at Oelwein on August 21, 1978, as 4513.  It was retired on January 17, 1991, and sold to National Railway Equipment in 1991.

4514 was built by General Motors in May 1960, #A1919, FN C276-2, as Quebec North Shore & Labrador 177, Class DRS17. It was sold to Bellequip Corp as 177 in 1971 and then to Precision National Corp in 1973 as PNC 177. It was sold to C&NW in April 1976 and rebuilt at Oelwein in April 1976 as 4514. It was retired on December 12, 1988, and sold to FRVRR as 4514 on January 12, 1989. It later became WCLtd as 4514.

4517 was built by General Motors in June 1956, #A941, FN C209-13, as QNS&L 162, Class DRS17.  It was sold as Bellequip 162 in 1971 and then to Precision National in 1972 as PNC 162.  It was sold to C&NW in April 1976 and rebuilt at Oelwein in May 1976 as 4517.  It was retired on October 27, 1989, and sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in December 1989,

4518 was built by General Motors in May 1954, #A426, FN C151-19, as QNS&L 130, Class DRS17.  It was sold as Bellequip 130 in 1971 and then to Precision National in 1972 as PNC 130.  It was sold to C&NW in April 1976 and rebuilt at Oelwein in May 1976 as 4518.  It was retired on July 28, 1986, and traded in to Electro-Motive in August 1986.  It was scrapped by St Louis Auto Shredding Co.

4529 was built in January 1959, #25050, FN 7568-4, as 1760, It was rebuilt at Oelwein on September 28, 1978, as 4529 and was retired on January 17, 1991. It was sold to VMV Enterprises in February 1991.

4532 was built in April 1957, #23546, FN 7542-5, as 1729.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4532 on July 3, 1978.  It was retired on January17, 1991, and sold to VMV Enterprises in February 1991.  It was sold as Railway Engineering & Supply Co 4532 and sold as Indiana Box Car Co 4532.

4533 was built in May 1957, #23548, FN 7542-7, as 1731.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4533 on July 10, 1978, and retired on January 17, 1991.  It was sold as VMV Enterprises 4533 in February 1991 and sold as Wisconsin & Southern 433.  It was rebuilt as 912 in 2001 and later sold to Farmers Cooperative Co as FARX 912.

4534 was built in May 1957, #23549, FN 7542-8, as 1732. It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4534 on July 17, 1978. It was retired on January 17, 1991, and sold to VMV Enterprises in February 1991.

4536 was built in November 1957, #23563, FN 7542-24, as 1746.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4536 on August 2, 1978, and retired on January 17, 1991,  It was sold to VMV Enterprises in February 1991 and sold to a coal handling facility in 1992.

4537 was built in March 1959, #25164, FN 7568-14, as 1770.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4537 on June 22, 1979, and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply in 1992.  It was sold as Great Walton RR 4537.

4539 was built in October 1958, #24762, FN 5580-8, as M&StL 707.  It became C&NW 707 and rebuilt at Oelwein as 4539 on August 24, 1979.  It was retired in 1992 and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply Co.  It was sold as Cedar Rapids & Iowa City 104 and resold as Eastern Illinois RR 1040 in September 2005.

4540 was built in June 1957, #23555, FN 7542-14, as 1738.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein on August 6, 1979, and retired in 1992.  It was sold to Kramer Diesel Supply and sold to ConAgra Inc as CAGX 4540.

4541 was built in February 1959, #25053, FN 7568-7, as 1763.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4541 on August 24. 1979. and retired in 1992.  It was sold to Kramer Diesel Supply Co and resold as Archer-Daniels-Midland 4541 in February 1994.  It was sold as EIRC 4541,

4542 was built in May 1957, #23547, FN 7542-6, as 1730.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein on October 18, 1979, as 4542 and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply Co in 1992.  It was sold as Albert City Elevator  4542 and renamed as AG Partners 4542.

4543 was built in May 1957, #23544, FN 7542-3, as 1727.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein on November 12, 1979, as 4543 and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply Co in 1992.  It was sold as Nebraska Northeastern RR 9602.

4545 was built in January 1959, #25048, FN 7568-2, as 1758.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4545 on December 28, 1979 and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply in 1992.  It was sold as CIC 105.

4549 was built in February 1959, #25058, FN 7568-12, as 1768.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4549 at Oelwein on November 18, 1980.  It was sold as OmniTrax 4549 in 1993.

4550 was built in May 1957, #22798, FN 5506-1, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1312.  It was rebuilt by Silvis as 4479 on January 31, 1977.  It went to Precision National Corp in April 1980 and sold to C&NW in February 1981. It was in service as 4550 on August 1, 1981.

4551 was built in May 1957, #23643, FN 8047-1, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1322. It was rebuilt by Silvis as 4480 on February 15, 1977. It went to Precision National Corp in April 1980 and sold to C&NW in February 1981. It was in service as 4551 on April 27, 1981.

4553 was built in May 1957, #22806, FN 5506-9, as CRI&P 1320. It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on March 14, 1977, as 4482. It was went to Precision National in April 1980 and sold to C&NW in February 1981.  It went in service as 4553 on May 6, 1981, and retired on July 18, 1996.  It was sold to Helm Leasing Corp in 1996 and sold to Archer-Daniels-Midland for ADM Transportation and lettered as ADMX 4553 in 2001.  It was assigned for ADM/CHS LLC.

4554 was built in May 1957, #22803. FN 5506-6, as CRI&P 1317.  It was rebuilt at Silvis as 4483 "Wayne Hummer" on March 22, 1977.  It went to Precision National Corp in April 1980 and sold to C&NW in February 1981.  It went in service as 4554 on May 6, 1981.

4555 was built in May 1957, #22804, FN 5506-7, as CRI&P 1318.  It was rebuilt at Silvis as 4484 on May 27, 1977.  It went to Precision National Corp in April 1980 and sold to C&NW in February 1981.  It went in service as 4555 on June 10, 1981, and retired on October 27, 1989.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in December 1989 and rebuilt as Montana Rail Link 128.

4556 was built in May 1957, #22801, FN 5506-4, as CRI&P 1315.  It was rebuilt at Silvis on June 3, 1977, as 4485 "Manly Centennial" and went to Precision National Corp in April 1980.  It was sold to C&NW in February 1981 and went in service as 4556 on April 29, 1981.  It was sold as Hartwell Ry 4556.

4559 was built in May 1957, #22802, FN 5506-5, as CRI&P 1316. It was rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen as 4488 on June 20, 1977. It went to Precision National Corp in April 1980 and sold to C&NW in February 1981. It was in service as 4559 on April 2, 1981, and sold to Helm in 1996.

4560 was built in June 1957, #23550, FN 7542-9, as 1733.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4560 on August 21, 1981 and retired in May 1994.  It was sold to OmniTrax on August 20, 1995 and leased as Ashland Ry 34.  It was returned and assigned as OmniTrax Switching Service 34.

4562 was built in February 1959, #25055, FN 7568-9, as 1765.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4562 on July 10, 1981, and retired in May 1994.  It was sold to Omnitrax on June 20, 1995, as GWRX 4562.  It was sold as Southern New Jersey 101 in April 1995 and returned to Omnitrax as OSSX 101.  It was transferred as OMLX 101 and sold to Ironhorse Resources as Mississippi Tennessee RR 101 in 2003.  It was transferred as Rio Valley Switching Corp 4107 in 2007.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/7/2017

4th Sunday in Easter

Memorial of Saint Domitian of Huy

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

The Lord has turned all our sunsets into sunrise.

-- St. Clement