Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

 

Union Pacific

 

Rolling Stock

14.

420 "Fox River", inspection car, was built in 1954 as Canadian National 1087 "Cape Breton", sleeper-lounge.  It became Via Rail Canada 1087 and sold to Chicago & North Western in 1985.  It was rebuilt by Milwaukee Railcar to 420 "Fox River", theater car, and became UP 420 "Fox River". 

505.

1210 "National Scene" was built by Pullman-Standard in 1956, Plan 4197 Lot 6957.  It was sold as Finlay Fun Time Tours "Audubon Park" in August 1971 and was auctioned off to Hartwell-Lowe Corp.  It was donated to Orange Empire Railway Museum.

3577 was built by Standard Steel Co in July 1910 as Oregon Ry & Navigation 289.  It became Oregon-Washington RR & Navigation 3577 in October 1917 and UP 3577.  It was retired May 1963.

4804 was built by American Car & Foundry in February 1949, #3032.  It was sold as Amtrak 8093 in October 1972 and retired in 1981 and sold to Jersey Central Historical Society as PPCX 800326.

7007 was built by American Car & Foundry Co in January 1955.  It was sold as Auto-Train Corp 705 in June 1972 and sold to Delaware-Otsego Corp in December 1980.  It was sold to CSX Transportation in 1999 and resold to Northern Railcar Co in April 2000.  It was sold to Illinois Transit Assembly in July 2001 and resold to Pete Messina in March 2002.  It is being rebuilt in KCS colors named "Southern Hospitality".

9001 was built by American Car & Foundry in 1955.  It was sold as A-T 901 in 1972 and resold as Green Bay & Western "Trempeleau River" in 1982.  It was sold as Algoma Central "Algoma Country" in 1997.

24501, Class CA-13-1 was built by International Car Co in October 1966 as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 17083.  It became UP 24501, Class CA-13-1, in April 1980 and retired in January 20, 1988.

24564, Class CA-13-2, was built by International Car Co in November 1967 as CRI&P 17145, Class CE-1.  It became UP 24564, Class CA-13-2, in April 1980 and retired on September 12, 1985.  It was donated to City of Quinter, KS, in April 1986 and sold to a private individual and moved to Yocemento, KS.  It was transferred to El Reno, OK.

24595, Class CA-13-2, was built by International Car Co in December 1967 as CRI&P 17177.  It became UP 24595, Class CA-13-2, in September 1980 and retired on September 12, 1985.

24597, Class CA-13-2, was built by International Car Co in December 1967 as CRI&P 17179.  It became UP 24597, Class CA-13-2, in May 1980 and retired on September 1, 1985.

24627, Class CA-13-4, was built by International Car Co in November 1971, as CRI&P 17209.  It became UP 24627, Class CA-13-4, in April 1980 and retired on September 12, 1985.  It was donated to Canadian County Historical Society in November 1988.

25386, Class CA-6, was built at Omaha in November 1955 as 2786.  It was renumbered 25386 in October 1961 and retired in June 1977.  It was donated to Town of Wamego, KS.

25432, Class CA-7, was built by International Car Co in February 1959.  It was retired on May 25, 1989, and donated to Town of Pecos, TX, in September 1989.

25534, Class CA-8, was built by International Car Co in September 1964.  It was retired on May 25, 1989, and donated to Hutchinson, KS, in September 1989.  It was lettered as Rock Island 25534.

25660, Class CA-9, was built by International Car Co in June 1967.  It was donated to the Old Towne Handley Railroad Museum.

25670, Class CA-9, was built by International Car Co in July 1967.  It was retired on May 9, 1989, and donated to Limon Chamber of Commerce in June 1989.

25703, Class CA-10, was built by International Car Co in July 1975.  It was retired on January 12, 1990, and sold to CIT Financial Group as SCSX 5703.

25923 was built at Pocatello in September 1965.  It was retired in June 1974 and sold.

919001 was a ballast hopper car.

HOGX78 was a stock car.

MP7503, Roadway office car, was built by Missouri Pacific in 1981 as a transfer caboose.  It was rebuilt by Parsons Railway Shops as MP7503 in 1996.

UPP403 was a load test car.

SS9610 was a Pettibone rail crane.

The Union Pacific has been known to put together some interesting consists, but this is a little unusual. We used to call them "blue confessionals"

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/7/2015

Memorial of Saint Dinooth

Labor Day

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Three things are necessary to everyone: truth of faith which brings understanding, love of Christ which brings compassion, and endurance of hope which brings perseverance.

St. Bonaventure