Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Union Pacific

 

Electro-Motive GP9 Diesels

 

134B, Class GP9B, was built in February 1954, #19210, FN 5321-B5. It was retired in May 1978 and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in November 1978. It was rebuilt by Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe at Cleburne in March 1980 as 124, Class 115. It was renumbered 1124, Class 1115, on July 22, 1989, and became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 3965, Class Slug, on April 23, 1997.

135B, Class GP9B, was built in February 1954, #19211, FN 5321-B6. It was rebuilt at Paducah as Illinois Central Gulf 8308 in September 1977 and sold to Neosha Rail Service in April 1994.  It was resold to National Railway Equipment Co.

143, Class GP9, was built in February 1945, 19144, FN 5321-A14. It was retired in November 1980 and sold to Precision National Corp on March 27, 1981.

145, Class GP9, was built in February 1954, #19146, FN 5321-A16. It was retired in September 20, 1979, and was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co. It was sold by AT&SF rebuilt at Cleburne in September 1980 as 116, Class 115. It was renumbered 1116, Class 1115, on September 25, 1989, and became BNSF 3960, Class Slug, in February 2000.

148, Class GP9, was built in February 1954, #19149, FN 5321-A19.  It was retired on March 6, 1980, and sold as L G Everist Co 148 on December 2, 1980.  It became D&I RR 1 in 1982.

149, Class GP9, was built in February 1954, #19150, FN 5321-A20.  It was retired in September 1980 and was sold to Naporano on February 24, 1981.

150, Class GP9, was built in February 1954, #19151, FN 5321-A21.  It was retired in May 1985 and sold for scrap to Erman Corp on September 5, 1985.

152B, Class GP9B, was built in February 1954, #19228, FN 5321-B23. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8310 in September 1977 and sold to Pandorail on May 16, 1998.  It became Pend Orielle Valley RR 8310 in 1998.

155B, Class GP9B, was built in February 1954, #19231, FN 5321-B26. It was retired in July 1976 and sold to Precision National Corp in September 1976.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8311 on September 23, 1977, and sold as Atlantic & Gulf RR 8311 on May 28, 1990.  It became Georgia & Florida Railnet 8311 in 1999 and Georgia & Florida Ry 8311 in 2004.  It assigned as Yadkin Valley RR 8311 and sold as Carolina Coastal Ry 8311 in 2007.

160B, Class GP9B, was built in December 1954, #19236, FN 5321-B31.  It was retired in July 1976 and sold to Precision National Corp in September 1976.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8325 on November 23, 1977.

162B, Class GP9B, was built in March 1954, #19238, FN 5321-B33.  It was retired and traded in to Electro-Motive on June 25, 1976.

163, Class GP9, was built in March 1954, #19164, FN 5321-A34.  It was retired on March 1981 and sold to Precision National Corp on June 15, 1981.

165. Class GP-9, was built in March 1954, #19166, FN 5321-A36.  It was retired on March 15, 1984, and stripped of parts in January 1985.  The long hood was sold to Precision National in April 1987 and the frame sold for scrap to David J Joseph Co on June 3, 1987.

165B, Class GP-9B, was built in March 1954, #19241, FN 5321-B36. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8312 in September 1977.

166B, Class GP-9B, was built in March 1954, #19242, FN 5321-B37.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in June 1977 as ICG 8214 and sold to VMV Enterprises in January 1992.

170, Class GP-9, was built in March 1954, #19171, FN 5321-A40.  It was retired in May 1983 and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in February 1984.

171, Class GP-9, was built in March 1954, #19172, FN 5321-A42.  It was retired in October 1979 and sold to Precision National Corp in July 1980.

178, Class GP-9, was built in March 1954, #19179, FN 5321-A49. It was sold to Precision National in April 1977 and then sold to GE Railcar. It was leased to Chicago & North Western and rebuilt at Oelwein. It entered service as 4393 on August 1, 1977. It was returned to GE Railcar on December 20, 1989, and sold to OmniTrax in February 1991.

183B, Class GP-9B, was built in April 1954, #19259, FN 5321-B54. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8330 in December 1977.

188B, Class GP-9B, was built in April 1954, #19264, FN 5321-B59. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8314 in October 1977and was later sold to Gulf & Ohio as 8314.

193B, Class GP-9B, was built in April 1954, #19269, FN 5321-B64. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8309 in September 1977 and sold to Gulf & Ohio as 8309 on January 16, 1996.

200, Class GP-9, was built in April 1954, #19201, FN 5321-A71.  It was sold to Rail Car Corp in May 1980 and sold to Dixie RR as 200 in August 1987.  It became Great Smoky Mountain RR as 200 in September 1988 and sold to Central RR of Indianapolis as 200 in 1993.

202, Class GP-9, was built in April 1954, #19203, FN 5321-A73.  It was retired on March 15, 1984, and sold for scrap to Durbano in June 1984.

202B, Class GP-9B, was built in April 1954, #19278, FN 5321-B73.  It was retired and sold to Precision National Corp in September 1976.  It was sold to Illinois Central Gulf and rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8054, GP10, on October 25, 1977.  It became Illinois Central 8054.  It sold to VMV Enterprises and rebuilt as United States Army 4624.

203, Class GP-9, was built in April 1954, #19204, FN 5321-A74.  It was retired in October 1979 and sold to Naporano in July 1980.

218, Class GP-9, was built in January 1954, #19104, FN 5320-14.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in September 1976 and rebuilt as C&NW 4380 on May 2, 1977.  It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar Services.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co and chop-nosed in April 1990.  It was leased as GSMRR 711.

224, Class GP-9, was built in January 1954, #19110, FN 5320-20.  It was retired in February 1979 and sold to Morrison Knudsen on October 1, 1979.  It was rebuilt on March 21, 1980, as San Diego & Arizona Eastern 101 and later transferred as Kyle RR 101.  It later was transferred as San Joaquin Valley RR 101 and sold to Western Rail Inc as 1761.  It later became Lake County RR 1761 in October 2005.

232, Class GP-9, was built in January 1954, #19118, FN 5320-28.  It was retired in July 1985 and sold to Erman Corp on August 23, 1985.

235, Class GP-9, was built in January 1954, #19121, FN 5320-31. It was retired in April 1977 and sold to Precision National Corp. It was then sold to C&NW and became 4398 on August 25, 1977. It was retired on December 20, 1989, and sold to GE Railcar Services. It was later sold to OmniTrax and later Central Kansas Ry 4398.

241, Class GP-9, was built in January 1954, #19127, FN 5320-37. It was sold to Precision National in September 1976 and rebuilt at Silvis as Amtrak 765 in May 1977.

242, Class GP-9, was built in January 1954, #19128, FN 5320-38. It was sold to Precision National In September 1976 and rebuilt at Silvis as Amtrak 767 in May 1977.

248, Class GP-9, was built in June 1954, #19257, FN 5347-3.  It was retired in July 1984 and sold for scrap to Erman Corp in December 1984.

251, Class GP-9, was built in August 1954, #19776, FN 5361-2. It was sold to Precision National in April 1977 and then to GE Railcar. It was leased to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on July 14, 1977, as 4390. It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar who sold it to Railway Equipment Leasing Co as 1614.

254, Class GP-9, was built in August 1954, #19779, FN 5361-5.  It was retired and sold to Precision National in September 1976 and then to GE Railcar.  It was least to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on August 10, 1977, as 4395.  It was retired on December 20, 1989, and return to GE Railcar who sold it to RELCo as 1609 in April 1990.  It was leased as Western Plant Services as RE 1609 and later to Cargill North Star Steel Arizona as RLCX 1609.

261, Class GP-9, was built in August 1954, #19786, FN 5361-12.  It was retired in December 1979 and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal on January 7, 1981.

262, Class GP-9, was built in August 1954, #19787, FN 5361-13. It was sold to D&I RR as 2 in 1981 and is currently in service.

272, Class GP-9, was built in September 1954, #19869, FN 5362-10. It was sold to Great Western Ry as 272 in June 1985. GW sold it to Mid-America Car who sold it to Railtex in August 1986. It came to Dallas Garland & NorthEastern in April 1992 and is no longer on the property.

273, Class GP-9 was built in September 1954, #19870, FN 5362-11. It was retired in August, 1978, and sold to Bargains Galore on February 15, 1979. They immediately sold it to Diesel Electric Service, who sold it to the LaSalle & Bureau County as 273. It later was sold to the Texas-Northwestern as 273. They sold it to the Kiamichi RR as 900 and sold as Texas North Orient 900.  It was sold to GLNX Corp in July 1995.

277, Class GP-9, was built in September 1954, #19874. FN 5362-15.  It was retired and sold to Precision National in September 1976 and then to GE Railcar.  It was leased to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on May 24, 1977, as 4382.  It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar. It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co and chop-nosed in April 1990.  It was leased as GSMRR 777.

282, Class GP-9, was built in September 1954, #19879, FN 5362-20. It was rebuilt at Paducah in June 1979 as ICG 8702, It was sold to Ohio Central RR as 8702 on May 5, 2000.

290, Class GP-9, was built in September 1954, #19887, FN 5362-28.  It was retired and sold to Precision National in September 1976.  It was sold as C&NW and rebuilt as 4381 on May 11, 1977.  It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar who sold it to OmniTrax in February 1991.  It became Kansas Southwestern Ry 4381.

292, Class GP-9, was built in September 1954, #19889, FN 5362-30. It was sold to Precision National in April 1977 and then to GE Railcar. It was leasted to C&NW and rebuilt at Oelwein on July 22, 1977, as 4392. It was retired on December 20, 1989, and returned to GE Railcar who sold it to OmniTrax in February 1991.

302, Class GP-9, was built in August 1957, #23658, FN 5552-3.  It was retired in May 1978 and sold to ICG in November 1978.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in May 1979 as ICG 8703 and sold as South Central Florida Express RR 9023.

306B, Class GP-9B, was built in September 1957, #23712, FN 5552-B7.  It was rebuilt on September 22, 1976, as S6, slug, and retired on August 28, 1989.  It was sold for scrap to Pielet Brothers on January 17, 1990.

314, Class GP-9, was built in July 1957, #23670, FN 5552-15.  It was retired on July 6, 1981, and sold to Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe in November 1981.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in February 1982 as AT&SF 104, Class 101, and renumbered 1104, Class 1101, on July 10, 1989.  It became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 3953, Class Slug, on March 7, 2000.

314B, Class GP-9B, was built in September 1957, #23720, FN 5552-B15. It was rebuilt on March 9, 1976, as S5, and retired on April 24, 1989. It was sold for scrap to Pielet Brothers on January 17, 1990.

348, Class GP-9, was built in September 1957, #23704, FN 5552-49.  It was retired in May 1978 and sold to Precision National Corp on January 23, 1979.  It was sold to Illinois Central Gulf and rebuilt as 8734, GP11, in April 1980.  It was sold to Canac Intl as CANX 8734 on February 14,  2001, and sold to Savage Inc as SVGX 8734 in 2009.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/20/2017

Memorial of Saint Benignus of Flay

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

In everything, whether it is a thing sensed or a thing known, God Himself is hidden within.

--St. Bonaventure