Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Baltimore & Ohio

Diesel Switchers

 

1, Class DE, was built on December 26, 1925, by Alco, #65980, General Electric, #9682, and Ingersoll-Rand. It was reclassified Class DE-1 in 1940 and renumbered 195 in 1942. It was again reclassified Class DE-1A in 1943. It was again renumbered 8000, Class SA-1, in 1957. It was retired in 1959.

21, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1953, #31881, as United States Air Force 1243. This was actually the number higher than B&O 20 and operates at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic RR.

211, SW1, Class DS-3, was built by Electro-Motive on August 14, 1940, #1109.  It was reclassified Class DS-3E in 1943 and renumbered 8411, Class SE-1, in 1957.  It was sold as Winchester & Western RR 8411 in 1964 and resold as Mt Airy Cold Storage Co 8411 in 1985.  It was transferred as Chambersburg Cold Storage 8411 in 1995.

214, SW1, Class DS-3, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1940, #1112.  It was reclassified Class DS-3E in 1943 and renumbered 8414, Class SE-1, in 1957.  It was reclassified Class SW-1 in 1965 and retired in 1985.  It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp on June 25, 1985, and resold as BTR Farmers Coop Association 8414 in September 1986.

218, SW1, Class SW-1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1942, #1603m FN 462-3, as Baltimore & Ohio Chicago Terminal 218, Class DS-3. It was reclassified Class DS-3E in 1943 and renumbered 8418, Class SE-1, in 1957. It was reclassified Class SW-1 in 1965 and transferred to B&O in January 1974. It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp on June 25, 1985, and resold to Evans Milling Co as 8418 in October 1986. It was then resold to Allied Tube and Conduit Co as 8418 in 1990.

219, SW1, Class SW-1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1942, #1604, FN E462-4, as B&OCT 219, Class DS-3.  It was reclassified Class DS-3E in 1943 and renumbered 8419, Class SE-1, in 1957.  It was reclassified Class SW-1 in 1965 and transferred to Baltimore & Ohio in January 1974.  It was lettered as Chesapeake & Ohio 8419 on September 19, 1974, and returned as B&O 8419 on March 25, 1976.  It was sold as Union Carbide-Battery Products Div as RAIX 8419 on June 15, 1976, and renamed as Eveready Products,  It was sold as Little Traverse Scenic Ry 8410 in 1989.  It was sold as Alanson & Petoskey RR 8419 in August 1990 and sold at auction on September 5, 1992, apparently to Leelanau Scenic RR but never used.  It was sold as Mineral Range RR 600.

 

315. H12-44, Class DS-16FC, was built by Fairbanks Morse in February 1951, #12L397.  It was renumbered 9715, Class SF-2C, in 1957 and reclassified Class H12-44 in 1965.  It was sold to Electro-Motive on August 27, 1971.

397, DS4-4-1000, Class DS-12B, was built by Baldwin in October 1950, #74948.  It was reclassified Class DS-12BC, in 1951 and renumbered 9271, Class SB-4C, in 1957.  It was reclassified Class S-10 in 1965 and sold to Electro-Motive on August 31, 1971.

420, VO1000, Class DS-6A, was built by Baldwin in November 1943, #70115.  It was renumbered 9205, Class SB-2, in 1957 and Class S-10 in 1965.  It was sold for trade in to Electro-Motive on November 7, 1968.

447, DS4-4-1000, Class DS-12B, was built by Baldwin in November 1948, #73848.  It was renumbered 9234, Class SB-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-10 in 1964.  It was leased to Central RR of New Jersey on March Marched 20, 1968, and sold as CNJ 9234 on January 15, 1970.  It was sold for scrap to Lipsett Steel Products in February 1973.

477, S2, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in September 1943, #70250. It was renumbered 9021, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1966. In 1974 it was sold to George R. Silcott and then to Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co as 1006.

478, S2, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in September 1943, #70251.  It was renumbered 9022, Class SA-3, in 1957 was reclassified Class S-2 in 1966.  It was put out of service by January 1, 1971, and retired on January 1, 1979.  It was sold for scrap to Precision National Corp on April 16, 1979.

514, S2, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in October 1948, #76178.  It was renumbered 9058, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified as Class S-2 in 1964.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal on June 15, 1976, and resold as George R Silcott Co.  It was leased as Lenawee County RR 1 "Addison J Comstock" in September 1977 and had a cracked engine block in 1982.  It was scrapped on January 6, 1992.

515, S2, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in October 1948, #76179.  It was renumbered 9059, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified as Class S-2 in 1964.  It was sold to Luntz Iron & Steel Co on November 3, 1972, and resold to George R Silcott Railway Equipment Co.  It was sold as Savannah State Docks 9059 in July 1973 and returned to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in December 1973.  It was resold as Becker Sand & Gravel Co 11 in June 1983.

517, S2, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in October 1948, #76181, as B&OCT 517, Class DS-5a. It was renumbered 9061, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified as Class S-2 in 1964. It was transferred to B&O as 9061, Class S-2, in late 1960s. It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co on June 25, 1976, and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive. It was assigned to Kentucky & Tennessee RR as 105 in July 1978, but not sold except as George R Silcott Co. It was then sold to I Bork & Sons Co as 9061 on January 23, 1979.

519, S2, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in October 1948, #76183. It was renumbered 9063, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1965, It was sold on April 13, 1976, as Rail Development Corp and assigned to Octoraro RR as 9063 in December 1976. It was renumbered 3 in July 1979 and donated to the B&O Museum in May 1990.

524, S2, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in November 1948, #76205. It was renumbered 9068, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1965. It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal on June 15, 1976, and sold to Empire Coke Co as 9068 through George R Silcott and Birmingham Rail and Locomotive on December 8, 1976.  It was retired in 2002.

529, S2, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in December 1948, #76504.  It was renumbered 9073, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1965.  It was sold to Luntz Iron and Steel on November 3, 1972, and sold as Cargill Inc 9073 on April 15, 1974.

535, S4, Class DS-5A, was built by Alco in December 1953, #80955.  It was renumbered 9001, Class SA-3, in 1957.  It was reclassified in 1964 as Class S-4 and retired on January 1, 1977.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal on March 30, 1978, and shortly sold as  Allied Chemical Corp 5A.  It was rebuilt by General Electric in November 1978 and sold as General Chemical Corp B-12 on May 7, 1988.

554, NW2, Class DS-10E, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1948, #6677. It became Class DS-11EC in 1951 and renumbered 9546, Class SE-5C, in 1957. It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1965 and later sold to Kaiser Steel Co as 1024. It became California Steel Industries 1024 in October 1984.

560, NW2, Class DS-10E, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1949, #6683.  It became Class DS-11E in 1951 and renumbered 9512, Class SE-5C, in 1957.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1965 and traded in to Electro-Motive for scrap in 1985.

564, NW2, Class DS-10E, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1949, #6687.  It became DS-11E in 1951 and renumbered 9512, Class SE-5C, in 1957.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1965 and retired in March 1986.  It was sold for scrap to Midwest Steel & Alloy on April 11, 1986.

569, NW2, Class DS-10E, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1949, #6692.  It became DS-11E in 1955 and renumbered 9521, Class SE-5, in 1957.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1965.  It was retired in 1986 and sold for scrap to Midwest Steel & Alloy on June 16, 1986.

573, NW2, Class DS-10E, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1949, #6696.  It became DS-11E in 1955 and renumbered 9525, Class SE-5 in 1957.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1965 and retired in 1986.  It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp on February 26, 1986.  It was sold as Black Hills Warehouse 9525 in February 1987 and resold as South Dakota Wheat Growers 9525 by February 1995.

575, NW2, Class DS-10E, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1949, #6698.  It became DS-11E in 1955 and renumbered 9527, Class SE-5 in 1957.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1965 and sold to Midwest Steel & Alloy in 1985.  It was used for switching before it was scrapped.

625, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20384, FN 4301-1.  It was renumbered 9400, SE-3, in 1956, and reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965,  It was retired September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Atlas Cement Co 9400 in October 1987 and resold to OmniTrax in 1996.  It was leased and assigned as OmniTrax Switching Service 9400 in 1999.

626, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20385, FN 4301-2,  It was renumbered 9401, Class SE-3, in 1956, and reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23,1986.  It was sold as Vulcan Materials 12003 in February 1988.

633, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20392, FN 4301-9. It was renumbered 9408, Class SE-3, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965. It was retired August 9, 1991, and donated to the B&O Railroad Museum in 1992. It was restored in November 1994.

634. SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20393, FN 4301-10.  It was renumbered 9409, Class SE-3, March 21, 1957, and reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Vulcan Materials 12002 in November 1987.

636, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20395, FN 4301-12. It was renumbered 9411, Class SE-3, on April 4, 1957, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965. It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft and repowered in July 1978 as Kaiser 32002. In 1984 it became CSI 32-002.

637, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20396, FN 4301-13.  it was renumbered 9412, Class SE-3, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Nucor Steel Corp 9412 in November 1987 and traded as Independent Locomotive Service 913 in 2003.

641, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20400, FN 4301-17.  It was renumbered 9416, Class SE-3, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Seaboard Farms of Athens 9416 in May 1988 and became Con Agra 9416 on January 3, 2000.

642, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20401, FN 4301-18.  It was renumbered 9417, Class SE-3, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Triton Transport Inc 1 in September 1987 and renamed as Environmental Protection and Improvement Co (EPIC).  It was sold as L&L Railroad Equipment Co 14 and became Choo Choo Leasing Co 114.  It was sold and rebuilt by LRS Co as LRSX 114.

649, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1955, #20408, FN 4301-25.  It was renumbered 9424, Class SE-3, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Vulcan Materials 12001 in November 1987.

653, SW900, Class DS-20E, was built by Electro-Motive July 1955, #20412, FN 4301-29. It was renumbered 9428, Class SE-3, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Cedrite Technoligies Inc 9428 in March 1988 but closed in 1992.  It was sold through Mid-America Car Corp as Ag Processing Inc 9428 in March 1992.

5061, Class NW-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1949, #10382, FN 6023-2, as Chesapeake & Ohio 5061, Class SE-10.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1964 and transferred as B&O 5061, Class NW-2, on October 29, 1973.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in 1985.

5062, Class NW-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1949, #10383, FN 6023-3, as C&O 5062, Class SE-10.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1964 and transferred as B&O 5061, Class NW-2, on October 29, 1973.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in August 1985.

5063, Class NW-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1949, #10684, FN 6023-4, as C&O 5063, Class SE-10.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1964 and transferred as Chicago South Shore & South Bend 605 in February 1969.  It was returned as C&O 5065, Class NW-2, in October 1970 and transferred as B&O 5063, Class NW-2, on October 29, 1973.   It was retired on September 22, 1981, and traded in to Electro-Motive on December 13, 1983.

5064, Class NW-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1949, #10385 FN 6023-5, as C&O 5064, Class SE-10.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1964 and transferred as B&O 5064, Class NW-2, on October 29, 1973.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive on April 5, 1986.

5065, NW2, Class NW-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1949, #10386, as C&O 5065, Class SE-10.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1964 and transferred as CSS&SB 607 in November 1969.  It was returned as C&O 5065, Class NW-2, in October 1970 and transferred as B&O 5065, Class NW-2, on October 29, 1973.  It became CSX Transportation 9565, Class NW-2, in April 1985 with a special paint scheme and retired on August 9, 1991,  It was sold to Diesel Supply Leasing Co on August 12, 1992, and quickly sold as DeBruce Grain Co 9565. It was sold to Midwest Loco and rebuilt for Advanced BioEnergy as ABEX 9565 in 2008.

5079, NW2, Class NW-2, was built in August 1949, #10380, FN 6021-14, as C&O 5079, Class SE-10.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1964 and transferred as B&O 5079, Class NW-2, on October 29, 1973.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in 1985.

5081, SW9, Class SW-9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #11714, as C&O 5081, Class SE-12.  It was reclassified as Class SW-9 and transferred as B&O 5081, Class SW-9, on October 29, 1973. It was retired on January 9, 1987, and sold to Aberdeen & Rockfish RR on October 2, 1987.  It was assigned as Pee Dee River Ry 5081 and used on Dunn-Erwin RR in 1998.  It is thought it was sold to Ed Futch in 2000.

5281, NW2, Class NW-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1945, #3464, as Pere Marquette 56, Class DES-3.  It was reclassified as Class SE-10 in 1947 and merged as C&O 5281, Class SE-10.  It was reclassified Class NW-2 in 1964 and transferred as B&O 5281, Class NW-2, on October 29, 1973.  It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp on June 25, 1985, and sold as Tropicana Products Corp 5281 in August 1986.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co.

"9061", S2, was built by Alco in August 1948, #76164,  as Richmond Fredericksburg & Potomac 64 .  It was sold asSouth Buffalo Ry 64 and sold as Steelton & Highspire RR 64.  It was sold to Westmoreland Heritage and restored as Pennsylvania RR 5656.  It was sold to Fayette Central RR and restored as B&O 9061 in 2008.

9080, S4, Class DS-5a, was built by Alco in May 1956, #81862.  It was reclassified Class SA-3 in 1957 and reclassified Class S-4 in 1965.  It was retired on January 1, 1971, and traded in to Electro-Motive on February 26, 1971.

9081, S4, Class DS-5a, was built by Alco in May 1956, #81863.  It was reclassified Class SA-3 in 1957 and reclassified Class S-4 in 1965.  It was sold on April 10, 1974, to Luntz Iron & Steel and resold to Precision National in August 1974.  It was sold as Jones & Laughlin  Steel 106 in October 1974.  When the plant closed, it was sold in July 1985 as Damian Hantz Locomotive Service 106.

9085, Class DS-5a, was built by Alco in May 1956, #81867.  It was reclassified Class SA-3 in 1957.  It was reclassified in 1964 as Class S-4, and sold to George Silcott Co on March 3, 1976. It was sold as Allied Chemical Corp 2B and resold as Depew Lancaster & Western RR 9085 in 1989.  It was sold as CitiSteel USA 9085 in 1992.

9100, S4, Class SA-3, was built by Alco in March 1957, #81985.  It was reclassified Class S-4 in 1965 and retired on January 1, 1977.  It was leased to Buffalo Creek & Gauley and returned to B&O on August 1979.  It was sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive on December 31, 1979, and resold as Timken Co 1985 on June 19, 1981.  It was renumbered 8075 and sold to Silver Throttle Engine Association & Museum in 1990.  It was restored as B&O 9100.

9113. S4, Class SA-3, was built by Alco in August 1957, #81998.  It was reclassified in 1964 as Class S-4 and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal on September 2, 1973.  It was sold to George R Silcott and sold as Allied Chemical Corp 3A in October 1973.  It was sold as General Chemical Corp 3A on May 7, 1988, but was used for parts.

9115, S2, Class S-2, was built by Alco in October 1949, #77165, as C&O 5026, Class MSA-10.  It was transferred as B&O 9115, Class S-2, in 1963 and sold to Luntz Iron & Steel on November 3, 1972.  It was sold through George R Silcott as Rohm & Haas 9115 in 1973 and resold as Wilmington & Western 3 in 1985.  It was sold as West Chester RR 3 in 1996.

9132, S2, Class S-2, was built by Alco in November 1949, #77807, as C&O 5038, Class MSA-10.  It was transferred as B&O 9132, Class S-2, in 1963 and sold to Luntz Iron & Steel on November 3, 1972.  It was sold through Birmingham Rail & Locomotive as Savannah State Docks 9132 in July 1973.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co as RE 1060 in January 1980.  It was sold as Pillsbury Corp 1060 in April 1980 and sold as Burdick Grain Co 1060 in April 1989.  It became Peavey Grain 1060 in September 1991 and sold to Indiana Boxcar Corp as IBCX 1060 in 1997.  It was resold to George R Silcott in September 2000 and stored at Worthington, OH.

9136, S2, Class S-2, was built by Alco in June 1949, #76783, as C&O 5004, Class MSA-10.  It was transferred as B&O 9136, Class S-2, in 1963 and sold to Luntz Iron & Steel on November 3, 1972.  It was sold through George R Silcott as Frankfort & Cincinnati RR 103 on October 19, 1972.  It was transferred as Florida Midland RR in October 1987 and sold as Consolidated Grain & Barge 103 in March 1993.

9144, S2, Class S-2, was built by Alco in October 1949, #77139, as C&O 5014, Class MSA-10.  It was transferred as B&O 9144, Class S-2, in 1963 and retired on January 1, 1979.  It was sold as scrap to Precision National on April 16, 1979.

9601, SW9, Class SW-9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1952, #15887, as B&OCT 591, Class DS-17EC. It was renumbered 9601, Class SE-6C, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-9 in 1965. It was transferred to B&O in January 1974 and retired in 1985. It was sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive on June 11, 1986.

9616, SW1200, Class SE-6, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #23362, FN 4393-3.  It was reclassified as Class SW-1200 in 1965 and retired on May 12, 1987 and sold to Indiana Hi-Rail as 216 on August 17, 1987.  It became Wabash & Erie RR 216 on June 26, 1994, and sold as Redland Ohio Inc 216 in 1995.  It was sold to Mobile Locomotive Services Inc as LOCX 216 in 2007.

9617, SW1200, Class SE-6, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1957, #23363, FN 4393-4.  It was reclassified as Class SW-1200 in 1965 and retired on January 29, 1987.  It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp on April 15, 1987, and resold as Western RR 9617 in December 1987.  It was transferred to Katy, TX, as Cemex SAE 9617.

9622, TR4, Class TR-4, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1950, #11945, as C&O 6000-A, Class MDE-24.  It was renumbered 6600-A, Class MDE-24, in 1955 and renumbered 9622,  Class TR-4, in 1964.  It was transferred as B&O 9622, Class TR-4, on September 11, 1969, and retired in 1985.  It was sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal on March 11, 1986.

9723, H12-44, Class SF-4, was built by Fairbanks Morse in April 1957, #12L1090.  It was reclassified Class H12-44 in 1965 and sold to Pittsburgh & Lake Erie on November 3, 1972, for trade to Electro-Motive.

9726, H12-44, Class SF-4, was built by Fairbanks Morse in April 1957, #12L1093.  It was reclassified Class H12-44 in 1965 and sold to P&LE on November 3, 1972, for trade to Electro-Motive.

"9733", H12-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse in January 1955, #12L956, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 2321, Class 12-S. It was renumbered 706 in 1959 and retired in March 1981.  It was sold as Central Wisconsin RR 1200 and sold to Miller Compressing Co.  It was sold as B&O Railroad Museum 9733.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/19/2014

Memorial of Saint Eusterius of Salerno

Twenty-ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for what He is sending us every day in His goodness.

--St. Gianna Molla