Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

United States Army

Diesel Locomotives

 

USAQM 821, 8 Ton STD Model DLL2, was built by Plymouth in February 1940 #4030. It later went to Newport Air Field at Newport, AR. It then went to the Augusta RR as 6. It was later purchased by Tommy Tagert who donated it to the Fort Smith Trolley Museum in 1988.

106, 8 Ton GM, was built by Vulcan in 1940, #4302.  It was sold as Tidewater Construction Co 288 and resold as Chesapeake RR 4302.

1149, 30 Ton Direct Drive Turbine, was built by Davenport-Bessler in September 1954, #3437. It was sold to Railroad Construction Co in 1956. Lionel built a model of this locomotive.

1217, DE44, was built by Davenport in 1953, #3365.

1219, 44 Ton, was built by Davenport in 1953, #3367.  It was sold as Cargill  Inc 481 in 1974 and acquired as Fremont & Elkhorn Valley Ry 1481 in 1999.

1222, DE44, was built by Davenport in 1953, #3372.

1223, DE44, was built by Davenport in 1953, #3373.  It was transferred as United States Navy 65-00556 and went to Spencer Shops.

1247, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1953, #61202.

1250, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1953, #61205.  It was transferred to Department of Energy 1250 and sold to Fluor Daniel Fernald as OHFX 1250 "Cap'n Jack".  It was sold as Peterson Industrial Depot 1250 in April 2014.

1253, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1953, #61208.

1258, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1953, #61213.  It was transferred to DOE 1250 and sold to FDF as OHFX 1258 "Susan B".  It was sold as PID 1258 in April 2014

1270, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in 1953, #61225. It later became Southern Illinois Railcar as 1270.

1368, 55 Ton, was built by General Electric, #29329.  It was returned to General Electric and sold to Cuba.

1401, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1959, #25632, FN 5608-2, as Southern Pacific 5873, Class DF-626.  It was renumbered 3709, Class EF418-9, in 1966.  It was sold as USA 002 in March 1987 and renumbered 1401.

1621, 80 Ton, was built by Davenport in October 1952, #3344. It later became Budd Co. 3 in May 1970. It was later sold to Georgia Marble Co as 3 and then became ECC Anerica Cakium Products Inc 3. This company became Imerys Pigments, Inc.

1637, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1952, #31344.

1647, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1952, #31354.

1649, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1952, #31356.

1677, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1952, #31384.

1681, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1952, #31388.

1685, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1952, #31392.

V1800, VO1000, was built by Baldwin inApril 1945, #71740.  It became USN 65-00256 and sold as Pacific Lumber Co 104.  It was sold to Keota-Washington Transportation Co in 1981 and was apparently never relettered.

1810, MRS1, Class D-MRS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1952, #15875.

1811, MRS1, Class D-MRS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1952, #15876.

1814, MRS1, Class D-MRS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15879.  It went to U S Navy 65-00570 and later Alaska RR 1714 in 1978.  It was scrapped in 1983.

1815, MRS1, Class D-MRS-1,was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15880.  It went to USN 65-00571 and later ARR 1715 in 1978,  It was scrapped in 1983,

1816, MRS1, Class D-MRS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15881.  It went to USN 65-00572 and later ARR 1716 in 1978.  It was scrapped in 1983.

1818, MRS1, Class D-MRS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #15883.  It was shipped as Societe Nationale des Chemins de fer Francais 1818 in 1953 and returned as USA 1818.  It went to USN 65-00574 and later ARR 1718. It was transferred as U S Air Force 1718 and retired in 1999.  It is now at the Transportation Museum.  Bernard Aubert built an O Gauge model of the engine.

1820, MRS1, Class D-MRS-1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #15885.

1821, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #15691.  It became ARR 1821 in 1969 and rebuilt as 1810 by Paducah in 1977.  It was sold to Nevada Industrial Switching as 1810 in 1996 and sold as Oregon Pacific Ry 1810 "Eileen Samuels" in 1999.  It was sold to Archer Daniels Midland as SFGX 1810 in November 2007.

1823, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #15693.

1829, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #15699.

1834, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #15704. It became Alaska RR 1834 in April 1960. It was chop-nosed in 1965. In September 1976, it was rebuilt at Paducah and became 1804 on September 17, 1976. It has been retired.

1835, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #15705.  It was donated to Florida Railroad Museum in 1992 and painted as Florida Gulf Coast 1835.

1836, GP7R, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #15706. It became Alaska RR 1836 in 1960 and was rebuilt as 1808 by Paducah in 1977. It was sold to Alaska Metal Recycling Co in September 1998 and sold to BDL Co in 1999. It was then sold to Midwest Locomotive Co as 1808 in 1999 and then sold again as Econo Rail 1808 in 1999.

1837, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #15707. It became Alaska RR 1837 in April 1960. It was chop-nosed in 1965. In April 1977, it was rebuilt at Paducah and became 1809 on April 29, 1977.  It was sold to Alaska Metal Recycling Co in September 1998 and sold to BDL Co as 1809 in 1999. It was then sold to MWLCo as 1809 in 1999 and sold as Missouri Central RR 1809.

1843, H12-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse in January 1953, #12L667.

1849, H12-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse in January 1953, #12L673.  It was sold to Bluegrass Railroad Museum as BGRM 1849.

1853, H12-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse in January 1953, #12L677.

1867, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1956, #22066, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6158, Class MRSE-17. It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and rebuilt as USA 1867.

1877, GP9u, was by Electro-Motive in December 1955, #20756, as Illinois Central 9118. It was rebuilt at Paducah as Illinois Central Gulf 8245 in July 1973 and later became USA 1877.

1880, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1956, #22541, as C&O 6160, Class MRSE-17. It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and later sold to Luntz Steel. It was rebuilt at Paducah in October 1973 as ICG 8204 and later rebuilt as USA 1880.

2006, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15001.

2010, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15005, FN 7008-11. After service in Korea and the US it was sold to Arkansas-Oklahoma as 2010.

2014, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15009, FN 7008-15. After service in Korea it was at the Ravenna Arsenal. It was sold to the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic RR as 2014 in 1995 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment in 2011.  It was rebuilt as LTE 905, SW900.

2019, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15014, FN 7008-20.  It was rebuilt in November 1953.  It was sold to Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum as Calera & Shelby RR 2019 in 1995.

2022, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15017, FN 7008-23.  It was sold to HODRM as C&S 2019 in 1995.

2027, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15022, FN 7008-28.

2028, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15023.

2033, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #15028.

2036, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1951, #15031.

2038, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1951, #15033.  It was sold to Tennessee Central RR Museum and lettered as Tennessee Central 52.

2039, SW8, Class D-SD-8, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1951, #15034.

B2049, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80365, 31604. It became Alaska RR 1601 in November 1974, and it was retired on November 1, 1983.

B2063, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80379, 31618.  It later became USN 65-00513 and sold as Sierra RR 613 in 1991.

B2064, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80380, 31619.  It later became USN 65-00617.

B2073, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in September 1953, #80389, 31628. It became Alaska RR 1610 in April 1975, and it was retired in 1984.

B2080, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80394, #31635.  It was given to Nevada Northern Ry Museum.

B2081, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80395, #31636. It was given to Nevada Northern Ry Museum.

B2085, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80401, #31640.  It was sold as Eastern Shore RR 2085 and sold to Bay Coast RR 2085 in 2006.  It may not have been relettered but scrapped in 2011.

B2098, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80412, #31653.  It was sold to Eveready Machine Co and sold as Winchester & Western 2098 in 1979.  It was never used and returned to Eveready in 1980.  It was sold to Panama.

B2101, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80415, #31656.  It later became United States Navy 65-00560 and later Texas State RR 8.

B2103, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in April 1953, #80336, #31658.  It became USN 65-00554 in June 1978.

B2112, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80345, #31667.  It was sold to Eveready Machine and sold as W&W 2112 in 1979.  It was never used and returned to Eveready in 1980.  It was sold as Kentucky Railway Museum 2112.

B2119, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80352, #31674.  It was transferred as USN 65-00541 on July 30, 1970, and sold as FR&W 541 in 1993.  It was sold as Yreka Western RR 245.

B2120, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80353, #31675.  It was transferred as USN 65-00542 on July 30, 1970.

B2121, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80354, #31676.  It later became USN 65-00543 on July 30, 1970.  It went to the Sacramento Museum in May 1995.

B2122, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80355, #31677.  It later became USN 65-00544 July 30, 1970, and sold as FR&W 244 on April 1993.   It was sold as Nevada Northern 244 and sold as Yreka Western RR 244.

4004, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in 1954, #61234.  It was transferred as Defense Logistic Agency 54344 "The General" and sold in 1999 as Buckingham Branch RR 4.  Repainting was done in 2007.

4014, RS4TC-1, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in 1954, #61244.  It was sold as Blacklands RR 4014.

4020, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in May 1954, #61250.  It was sold as LTE 4020 in 2006.

4027, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in July 1954, #61257.

4029, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in 1954, #61259.  It was sold as Riverport RR 4029 in 2009.

4032, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in October 1954, #61262.

4042, RS4TC, was built by Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton-Whitcomb in 1954, #61285.  It was transferred as DLA 87001 "The Admiral" and sold in 1999 as Shenandoah Valley RR 87001.  It was repainted and renumbered 8701 in 2006.

4505, 46 Ton, was built by General Electric on October 25, 1941, #13163, for Benecia Arsenal.  It became USA 4505 and sold to Columbia Steel & Shafting Inc.  It was sold as Kansas City Public Service Freight Operation 2 in 1960 and later sold as Kansas & Missouri Ry & Terminal Co 3.

4601, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #23843, FN 5553-44, as Illinois Central 9343.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in August 1974 as Illinois Central Gulf 8339 and rebuilt as USAX 4601 in 1992.  It was transferred to Tennessee Valley Authority as TVAX 4601 in August 2007.

4602, GP18m, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1963, #28271, FN 5851-4, as IC 9418.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in July 1974 as ICG 8418 and rebuilt as USAX 4602 in 1992.  It was transferred as TVAX 4602 in August 2007.

4614, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #22286, FN 5480-14, as IC 9221.  it was rebuilt by Paducah in June 1974 as ICG 8010.  It was sold to VMV on January 28, 1992, and rebuilt as USAX  4614 in 1993.

4624, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1954, #19278, FN 5321-B73, as Union Pacific 202B, Class GP-9, GP9B.  It was retired and sold to Precision National Corp in September 1976.  It was sold to Illinois Central Gulf and rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8054, GP10, on October 25, 1977.  It became Illinois Central 8054.  It sold to VMV Enterprises and rebuilt as USA 4624.

4626, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #12295, as Clinchfield RR 900. It was rebuilt in May 1979 as 4602. It later became Seaboard System 4602 in January 1983 and then was renumbered 1702. Somehow the CRR lettering came out later after the change.  It became CSX Transportation 1702, Class GP-16, and was retired on December 19, 1990. It was later rebuilt at Altoona as USA 4626.

4627, GP7u, was buiilt by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #13537, as Clinchfield RR 910. It was rebuilt in April 1979 as 4600. It later became SBD 4600 and then was renumbered 1700. It became CSX 1700, Class GP-16, and was retired on January 8, 1992. It was later rebuilt at Altoona as USA 4627.

4631, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1966, #31790, FN 7897-6, as Seaboard Air Line 621.  In July 1967 it became Seaboard Coast Line 1536 and later Seaboard System RR 1536.  It was renumbered 6692 and then became CSX 6692, Class GP-40.  It was sold as VMV Enterprises 6692 and rebuilt as USA 4631.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co as 4631 and sold as Fort Worth & Western 2020 "Wyatt Earp" in December 2011.

4633, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #13536, as Clinchfield 909. It was rebuilt in April 1981 as 4611. It later became SBD 4611 and then was renumbered 1711. It became CSX 1711, Class GP-16, and was retured on April 30, 1992. It was later rebuilt at Altoona as USA 4633.

4636, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1956, #22629, FN 5499-5, as Seaboard Air Line 1958, a GP9. In July 1967 it became Seaboard Coast Line 1032 and was rebuilt in September 1980 as 4623. It became SBD 4623 and was later renumbered 1723. It became CSXT 1723 and then was retired on April 30, 1992. It was then rebuilt at Juniata as USAX 4636.

4642, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1962, #27109, FN 5634-23, as Southern Pacific 7222, Class DF-617.  It was renumbered 4072, Class EF420-1, in 1966 and sold as USAX 4642.

4652, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1971, #38498, FN 7340-44, as Baltimore & Ohio 4018, Class GP-40.  It was renumbered 6593 in 1986 and became CSX Transportation 6593, Class GP-40, in 1987.  It was retired July 2000 and sold to National Railway Equipment Co.  It was rebuilt as USAX 4652 in January 2004.

4653, GP40M-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1967, #33450, FN 7075-2, as Louisville & Nashville 3011, Class GP-40.  It became Seaboard System 3011 in January 1983.  It was renumbered 6807 in 1984 and later CSX 6807, Class GP-40, in April 1986.  Apparently it was unrelettered for a year or so.  It was rebuilt as USAX 4653 in January 2004.

4670, GP40H-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1968, #34628, FN 7145-18, as Penn Central 3187, Class EF-30.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 3187, Class GP-40, in April 1976 and was sold to Kansas City Southern as 759 in January 1984.  It was renumbered 4759 in June 1991 and then rebuilt to Morrison Knudsen as Virginia Railway Express V21, GP40H-2.  It was sold as USAX 4670 in 2012.

6003, GG20B, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1965, #29824, FN 7781-5, as Texas & Pacific 644, GP35. It was renumbered 2541 in March 1974 and became Missouri Pacific 2541 that same year. It was rebuilt in 1976 as 2613 and was sold to Wilson Ry Corp on January 5, 1987. It went to Wisconsin Central Ltd as 4009 in October 1987. It was later rebuilt as 2057.  It was sold to Motive Rail Inc and resold to Paducah & Louisville and resold to Railpower.  It was rebuilt at Super Steel in June 2006 as USA 6003, GG20B.

7002, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1942, #2012, FN E548-1. It became Alaska RR 1204 in November 1947 and was retired in May 1965.

7017, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1942, #15298.

7018, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1942, #15269.  It was sold as Marquette Cement Co no number and became Monarch Cement Co no number.  It was sold as American Steel Foundries Co. 9-G-11..

7065, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric on February 14, 1942, #15155.  It had served at Pine Bluff Arsenal and sold as Michigan State University no number in February 1959.

7079, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1941, #13035.  It was sold as Black River & Western RR 7079 in November 1970 and resold as Octoraro Ry 9 in 1979.

7080, 65 T0n, was built by General Electric in April 1941, #13036, as Kingsburgh Ordnance Plant A-2.  It became USA 7080 and transferred as USN 65-00606 in February 1972.   It was assigned as Puget Sound Naval Shipyard 6.

7088, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1943, #15774.  It was sold to Pan American Engineering Co in 1947 and resold as Laurinburg & Southern 102 in 1947.  It was resold as Atlantic & East Carolina Ry 6 on February 18, 1957, and renumbered 402 on July 30, 1958.  It was retired in 1969 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co.  It was scrapped on August 18, 1970.

7100, S2, was built by Alco in September 1943, #70225.  It was transferred as Tennessee Valley Authority 46 and sold to Southern Appalachia Railway Museum in June 1999.  It was restored as USA 7100.

7111, S2, was built by Alco in August 1943, #70080.  It was rebuilt by Johnson Railway Service in December 1978 as National Aeronautics & Space Administration 2.

7132. S1, was built by Alco in April 1942, #69812.

7141, S1, was built by Alco in May 1941, 69486, as Wolf Creek Ordnance 1.  It was assigned as Proctor & Gamble Defense Corp 500 and then  USA 7141.  It was transferred to Defense Logistic Agency as DSA 41002.  It was sold as Great River RR 8341 in 1980.

7149, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1943, #15886, for Nebraska Ordnance Works.  It became USA 7149 and later sold as U S Railway Manufacturing Co 7146.  It was merged as Evans Railcar 79 and became Itel Railcar 79.  It became Berwind Railway Services 76 and became Watco Mechanical Services J8.

7152, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in January, 1943, #15732. It was sold to Iowa Electric Light & Power Co as 50 in 1970.

7162, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1943, #15889.  It was sold to Surplus Wholesales Inc on August 27, 1980, and resold as Salt Lake Garfield & Western D.S.5 on September 2, 1980.  It was repainted in May 1982 and sold as Union Tank Car Co 1303.

7173, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1942, #15629.

7178, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1943, #17861.  It was sold as Babcock & Wilcox Co 1.

7196, 65 Ton, was built by Midwest in October 1933, #1073, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9121. It was sold to the U S Army as 7196 on October 12, 1941. In March 1947 it was sold to Stockton Terminal & Eastern as 10. It was scrapped on October 26, 1959.

7207, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1941, #15055.  It was transferred as USN 7207 in 1971.

7224, 44 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in October 1940, #60034.  It was sold as Massachusetts Central RR 401.

7248, 45Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1942, #15290, for Cornhuscker Ordnance Plant.  It became USA 7248 and became United States Navy 65-00531.  It was sold as Quick Car Service 7 and became Tank Lining & Railcar Repair 7.  It became Trinity Industries 7.

7279, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1943, #17894. It was sold to Cargill Co at Channelview, TX and sold to Diesel Electric Service Co as DESX 711 in 1981.

7285, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1943, #17892.  It was sold to Cargill Co.

7286, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1943, #17893.  It became United States Navy 65-000506 in 1965 and sold as Cargill 18 in 1969.

7324, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1942, #15244. It was rebuilt in December 1954 and became Alaska RR as 7324 on February 1974. It was retired on July 1985.

7341, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1942, #15653.  It became USN 65-00603 and sold as Topeka Railway Equipment Co no number.  It became PLM Railcar Maintenance Corp no number and then Transisco Rail Services Co no number.

7350, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1943, #15730.  It was sold as Michigan Elevator Corp 7350 and sold as Cargill Inc no number.

7371, S1, was built by Alco in April 1941, #69464, as Hunkin Conkey Construction Co 1002. It later became USA 7371 and is now preserved by the Western Pennsylvania Railway Historical Society.

7376, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in August 1942, #15671.

7404, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1942.

7392, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1945, #27851.  It was transferred to U S Defense Supply Agency as DSA 45095 and transferred as USN 65-00619.  It was assigned as Yorktown Naval Weapons Station 5 and send to Chrome Loco for rebuilt in July 1987.  It was rebuilt for U S Marine Corp in August 2003 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment in September 2006.

7418, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1942. It was renumbered 18 when shipped out to an unknown destination.

7422, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1942, #17732.  It was sold to J W Bailes Co no number and resold Becker Sand & Gravel Co no number.  It was sold as Gifford-Hill Cement Co 10-930 and became Blue Circle Cement Co no number.  It became Lafarge Corp no number and became Argos Cement Co no number.

7427, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1941, #13165.  It was sold as Phillips Petroleum Co 7427 and resold as Hollis & Eastern RR 7427 in December 1971.

7429, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1941, #13167, as Quartermaster Corps 4548. It was renumbered U S Army 7429 and sold to Conestoga Equipment Co. They sold it to Consolidated Rock Co as 1833 in 1955.

7431, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1941, #13169, as 4550. It was renumbered 7431 and later sold to Birmingham Slag Co as DE7 in July 1946. It later became Vulcan Materials Co as 2264. It was rebuilt in 1971 and sold to Pacolet Manufacturing Co no number in 1971.

7439, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1943, #15764. It later became Department of Transportation 002 and then to Cadillac & Lake City Ry as 44. It was sold to Evans Railcar Co as 44.

7455, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in July 1942, #64414. It was sold to Pan American Engineering Co. in 1950 and then to Georgetown RR as 1002 in May 1962.  It was scrapped in July 1987.

7507, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1941, #15093, as 6006.  It was renumbered 7507 and later sold as American Steel Foundries Co 9-G-5.

7510, 44 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in 1941, #60107.  It became Fort Worth Sand & Gravel Co 10.

7516, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1942, #15759, as Edgewood Arsenal 4401.  It was renumbered 7516 and transferred as USN 7516 in October 1970 and renumbered 65-00580 on February 16, 1971.

7668, GM20, was built by Davenport in April 1941, #2355.  It was sold to Trap Rock Industries Co no number and then as Black River & Western RR 50 in 1980.  It was later removed.

7706, GM20, was built by Davenport in 1941, #2359.  It was sold as Southern Pacific MW570 and sold to Schnitzer Steel Products.  It was sold to Samuels Steel in about 1978 and became Kellogg Terminal 20.  It was swapped to Pacific Northwest Chapter, National Railway Historical Society in 2003 for a caboose, but it was apparently not used.  Samuels wanted to return the engine but it was refused.  It is now languising.

7714, 20 Ton, was built by Vulcan in February 1942, #4354, as Corps of Engineers 2093.  It became 7714 and sold as Connor Land & Lumber Co 1.  It was sold as Otter Tail Power Co 1 and then Langren Grain Co 1.  It became Cargill Seed Sales 1 in 1985.

7720, 20GM24, was built by Whitcomb in January 1942, #13214, as Quartermaster Corp 2089.  It became USA 7720 and sold as Dundee Cement Co 105.  It was sold as Coe Rail 105 and resold as Durbin & Greenbriar Valley RR no number.

7795, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1940, #12979.  It was assigned to Kankakee Ordnance Works as 42.  It later was sold as Oregon Steel Mills Y116 and later scrapped.

7851, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1943, #17751.  It was sold to Quick-Way Crane & Shovel Co and resold as Early &Daniel Co 2.  It became Cargill Inc 2 and then Kentland Elevator & Supply Co 2.

7854, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1943, #17899.  It was sold to Cargill in Illinois.

7857, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1943, #17902.  It was sold to Cargill in Texas.

7873, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1943, #18023.  It was sold as Maryland Transportation Commission 61.

7882, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1943, #17868.  It was sold as Trinity Industries  13.

7887, 65 Ton was built by General Electric in 1945, #17873.  It was sold as Port of Corpus Christi 3.

7925, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1944, #27632.  It was sold as NezPerce RR 7114 in 1972 and became NezPerce-Pomeroy RR in March 1984.

7971, 65 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in November 1943, #60341. It later became Lincoln Sand & Gravel Co 54.

8005, RSD1, was built by Alco in March 1941, #69424, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 748. It was rebuilt by Alco in November 1942 as U S Army 8005 as RSD1. In July in 1951 as Alaska RR 1031 and rebuilt as a RS1. It was retired in June 1964.

8044, RSD1, was built by Alco in January 1943, #70665, and became Alaska RR 1013 in September 1947. It is now preserved at Strasburg, PA.

8047, RSD1 was built by Alco in February 1943, #70668. In January 1950 it was rebuilt by Puget Sound Bridge & Drydock Co. into a cab unit with B-B trucks as Alaska RR 1070. It was scrapped in 1973.

8048, RSD1, was built by Alco in February 1943, #70669.  It became Alaska RR 1018 in June 1949 and retired in July 1965.

8050, RSD1, was built by Alco in February 1943, #70671.  It was transferred as U S Air Force 8050 and sold to Art Davis as ARDX 805.

8052, RSD1, was built by Alco in February 1943, #70673. It was acquired by Alaska RR in 1949 and numbered 1023. In 1950 it was rebuilt by Puget Sound Bridge & Drydock Co. into cab unit 1072. It was scrapped in 1973.

8120, 65DE19A, was built by Whitcomb in January 1944, #60361.  It was sold as Union RR 406 in December 1946 and resold to Tippins Machinery Co.  It was sold as Potomac Edison Co 1 in 1954 and sold to Cuba in 1958.

8122, 65DE19A, was built by Whitcomb in January 1944, #60363.  It was sold as URR 409 in December and resold to Tippins Machinery Co.  It was sold as PECo 2 in 1954 and resold as Blue Rock Transportation Co 1235 in 1958.  It was scrapped in 1998.

8223, 34 Ton, was built by Vulcan in 1942 as Maumelle Ordnance Works 1. It later became USA 8223 before going to the Augusta RR as 7. It was also owned by Tommy Tagert and donated to the museum in 1988.

8440, 65 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in May 1944, #60446. It was sold to Butler Brothers by October 1946 and sold to Columbus & Greenville as 41 in March 1948.  It was sold to Friedman's Iron and Metal and scrapped.

8442, 65DE19a, was built by Whitcomb in April 1944, #60448.   It was sold to S A Healy Construction Co and resold as Buffalo Southern RR 42.  It was sold to Pan American Engineering Co and resold as Beech Mountain Ry 42.

8465, 65 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in July 1944, #60471.  It was sold as East Washington Ry 102 in 1947 and resold as Maryland Midland  102 in 1974.

8491, 65DE19A, was built by Whitcomb in June 1944, #60497.  It was sold to S A Healy Construction and sold as South Buffalo Ry 45 in December 1947.  It was transferred as Conemaugh & Black Lick 52 in December 1950 and sold as Fore River RR 14 in May 1953.  It was sold to Marshall Equipment Co in November 1956 and sold as Canadian Car & Foundry TM4634 in December 1956.  It operated as 7 and later it was scrapped.

8495, 65 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in June 1944, #60501. It was sold to Tacoma Municipal Belt Line Ry as 903 in December 1947 and sold for scrap in December 1969.

8501, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1944, #27579. It was later sold to American Aggregates Co with no number.

8519, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1944, #27597. It was sold as Salt Lake Garfield & Western D.S.3 in June 1972.

8537, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1944 and is now at the Illinois Railway Museum.

8534, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1944, #18042.  It was sold as University of Iowa 1858 and leased as Boone & Scenic Valley RR 1848.

8562, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1944, #27700, as USA 1847. It was renumbered 8562 and later sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co. It then sold in 1970 as DeQueen & Eastern as D-11. Later it was sold to Trinity River Authority and had no number.

8568, 45Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1944, #27706.  It was sold as Wyoming Railcar 8568 and became Lithcote Co 8568.  It became Union Tank Car Co 8568 and renumbered 1301.

8655, RSD1. was built by Alco in February 1945, #72148.  It was transferred as United Stated Federal Prisons 1450 and sold as United States Pipe & Foundry Co  39 in 1958.  It was scrapped in 1972.

8663, RSD1, was built by Alco in March 1945, #72156.  It was transferred as Tennessee Valley Authority 33.

8674, RSD1, was built by Alco in March 1945, #72167.

 

Roster information:  David A Dallner, Randy Keller

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

11/10/2014

Memorial of Saint Joseph the Martyr

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The true measure of loving God is to love Him without measure.

--St. Bernard of Clairvaux