Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Ferrocarril Gen. Urquiza

Empresa Ferrocarriles del Estado Argentino

 

The suburban railroad out of Buenos Aires, Argentina, became the final resting place for a number of California rail cars from the Key System and from the Pacific Electric. Here are a number of views from this line.

M.1100 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924 as Pacific Electric Ry. 1100. In 1942 it was modernized, and in 1951 it went to FGU where it was rebuilt as M.1100.  It later became EFEA 3100.

M.1102 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924 as PERy 1102.    In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1102.  It later became EFEA 3102.

M.1103 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924 as PERy 1103.    In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1103.  It later became EFEA 3103.

M.1104 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924 as PERy 1104.  In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1104.  It later became EFEA 3104.

M.1106 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924 as PERy 1106.  In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1106.  It later became EFEA 3106.

M.1108 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924, as PERy 1108.  In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went tp FGU. where it was rebuilt as M.1108.  It later became EFEA 3108.

M.1109 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924, as PERy 1109.  In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1109.  It later became EFEA 3109.

M.1111 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924 as PERy 1111.  In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1111.  It later became EFEA 3111.

M.1117 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924 as PERy 1117.  In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1117.  It later became EFEA 3117.

M.1119 was built by Standard Steel Car Co. in 1924, as PERy 1119. In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1119. It later became EFEA 3119.

M.1120 was built by Standard Steel Car Co. in 1924 as PERy 1120. In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1120.  It later became EFEA 3120.

M.1121 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924 as PERy 1121.  In 1942 it was modernized, and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1121.  It later became EFEA 3121.

M.1122 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924, as PERy 1122.  In 1942 it was modernized, and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1122.  It later became EFEA 3122.

M.1124 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924, as PERy 1124.  In 1942 it was modernized, and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1124.  It later became EFEA 3124.

M.1126 was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1924, as PERy 1126.  In 1942 it was modernized, and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1126.  It later became EFEA 3126.

M.1138 was built by Standard Steel Car Co. in 1924 as PERy 1138. In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1138.  It later became EFEA 3138.

M.1143 was built by Standard Steel Car Co. in 1924 as PERy 1143. In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1143.  It later became EFEA 3143.

M.1145 was built by Standard Steel Car Co. in 1924 as PERy 1145. In 1942 it was modernized and in 1951 it went to FGU, where it was rebuilt as M.1145.  It later became EFEA 3145.

M.1357 was built by Bethlehem Steel and completed by Key System in 1938 as their 157.  It was retired in 1958 and sold to FGU as 1357 in 1961. It was renumbered 3357 and retired by 1974.

M.1361 was built by Bethlehem Steel and completed by Key in 1938 as their 161. It was retired in 1958 and sold to FGU as 1361 in 1962. It was renumbered 3361 and retired by 1974.

M.1363 was built by Bethlehem Steel and completed by Key in 1938 as their 163. It was retired in 1958 and sold to FGU as 1363 in 1962. It was renumbered 3363 and retired by 1974.

M.1372 was built by Bethlehem Steel in 1937 as Key 172. It was retired in 1958 and sold to FGU as 1372 in 1961. It was renumbered 3372 and retired by 1974.

M.1373 was built by Bethlehem Steel in 1937 as Key 173. It was retired in 1958 and sold to FGU as 1373 in 1961. It was renumbered 3373 and retired by 1974.

M.1379 was built by Bethlehem Steel in 1937 as Key 179. It was retired in 1958 and sold to FGU as 1379 in 1961. It was renumbered 3379 and retired by 1974.

M.1384 was built by Bethelehem Steel in 1937 as Key 184. It was retired in 1958 and sold to FGU as 1384 in 1961. It was renumbered 3384 and retired by 1974.

M.1500 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as Pacific Electric Ry 5000.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1500 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1501 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5001.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1501 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1504 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5004.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1504 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1509 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5009.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1509 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1510 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5010.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1510 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1511 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5011.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1511 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1514 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5014.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1514 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1516 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5016.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1516 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1517 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5017.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1517 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1519 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5019.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1519 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1523 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5023.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1523 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1525 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5025.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1525 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1528 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5028.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1528 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1529 was built by Pullman-Standard in October 1940, #W6642, as PERy 5029.  It was retired in 1956 and was sold as FGU M.1529 and made modifications in 1959.  It was retired in short time.

M.1733 was built by Brill Co in 1925 as Pacific Electric Ry 734.  It was rebuilt in 1939.   It was sold as FGU M.1733 who added end doors in 1952.  It was renumbered 3733 and the center doors were removed.

M.1734 was built by Brill Car Co in 1925 as PERy 734. It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1734 who added end doors in 1952.  It later became EFEA 3734 and the center doors were removed.

M.1735 was built by Brill Car Co in 1925 as PERy 735. It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1735 who added end doors in 1952.  It later became EFEA 3735 and the center doors were removed.

M.1737 was built by Brill Car Co in 1925 as PERy 737. It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1737 who added end doors in 1952.  It later became EFEA 3737 and the center doors were removed.

M.1743 was built by Brill Car Co in 1925 as PERy 743.  It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1743 who added end doors in 1952.  It was renumbered 3743 and the center doors were removed.

M.1750 was built by St. Louis Car Co in 1928 as PERy 750. It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1750 who added end doors in 1952.  It later became EFEA 3750 and the center doors were removed.

M.1753 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1928 as PERy 753. It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1753 who added end doors in 1952.  It was renumbered 3753 and the center doors were removed.

M.1754 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1928 as PERy 754. It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1754 who added end doors in 1952.  It was renumbered 3754 and the center doors were removed.

M.1755 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1928 as PERy 755.  It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1755 who added end dooors in 1952.  It was renumbered 3755 and the center doors were removed.

M.1756 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1928 as PERy 756.  It was rebuilt in 1939.  It was sold as FGU M.1756 who added end doors in 1952.  It was renumbered 1756 and the center doors were removed.

 

Here are a couple of photos by Franklin H. Romero of cars in more recent years.

Freight service was provided by several locomotives including a number which came from Pacific Electric.

950 was built by Baldwin-Westinhouse in February 1920, #53048, as Central Limones 25.  It was not delivered and held in stock.  It became Pacific Electric Ry 1590 on April 23, 1923.  It was sold as FGU 1590 in December 1931 and renumbered 950.  It became EFEA 950.

951 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in February 1920, #53026, as CL 23.  It was not delivered and held in stock.  It became PE 1591 on April 23, 1923.  It was sold as FGU 1591 in December 1931 and renumbered 951.  It became EFEA 951.

952 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in May 1927, #60046, as Red River Lumber Co. 204. In 1944 it was sold to Central California Traction as 24. In December 1947 it became Pacific Electric Ry 1592 and was sold as FGU 1592 in 1951.  It was renumbered 952 and later became EFEA 952.

953 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in May 1927, #60045, as RRLCo 203. After an accident, it was rebuilt as a box-cab locomotive. In 1944 it was sold to CCT as 23. It became PE 1593 in December 1947 and was sold to FGU 1593 in 1951.  It was renumbered 953 and later became EFEA  953.

954 was built by PERy in 1923 as PE 1599.  It was sold as FGU 1593 in 1951 and was renumbered 954.  It later became EFEA  954.

Henry Posner gives us a view of one of the former Pacific Electric 1100s in recent years.

 

Webwork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/4/2016

Memorial of Saint Caius of Corinth

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

You change your life by changing your heart.

--St. Benedict of Nursia