Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Kentucky Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

Acme Newport Steel Co.
Interlake Steel Co.
Newport Steel Co.

This steel operation opened in at Newport Steel and became Acme Newport Steel in 1956. It then became Interlake Steel in 1964 and then closed in 1980. It was then re-organized in 1984 as Newport Steel.

2, 640 HP, was built by Davenport-Caterpillar in February 1938, #2244, as Davenport Locomotive Co 2244. It was sold to Peoria & Pekin Union on April 25, 1939, as 200. Class D-2. It was later sold to Iron & Steel Products on June 10, 1952, and then to Acme Newport as 2. It was scrapped in 1968.

2, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1947, #5395, FN E901-1, as Chicago & Western Indiana 250.  It was sold to Purdy Co in March 1959 and resold as Acme Newport Steel Co 2.

5, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in September, 1948, #5758, FN E946-2 as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 911. It was purchased by Chicago West Pullman & Southern as 50 in May, 1961. It was later sold to AcmeNewport Steel Co. as 5. It later became Interlake 5 and later Newport Steel 5.


American Rolling Mills Corp.

Armco Steel Corporation

AK Steel Corporation

This is a national company.


Arch of Kentucky

100, S2, was built by Alco in October 1946, #74807, as Gulf Mobile & Ohio 1009.  It became Illinois Central Gulf 1058 in 1972 and retired on March 5, 1973.  It was sold to Precision National Corp and sold as Arch  100.  It was scrapped.

1217, SSB9B, was built by Alco in October 1956, #82311, as Oliver Iron Mining Co 1217B.  It was sold as Arch 1217.

1218, SSD9A, was built by Alco in October 1956, #81818, as OIM 1218A.  It was sold as Arch 1218.

No number, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive on April 12, 1948, #6172, FN E980-4, as Inland Steel Corp 73.  It was sold as Industrial Maintenance Service 98 and sold to Amherst Industries Inc as AMBX 98.  It was transferred as Amherst Coal Co AMBX 98.  It was sold as Arch no # and later sold to James Howard, an individual, at Harlan, KY.  It was scrapped in 2013.


Bluegrass Scenic RR and Railroad Museum

675, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1959, #24827, FN 5586-12, as  Norfolk & Western  675.  It was retired in April 1987 and sold as Kentucky Criterion Coal Co 675 in June 1988.  It became Consolidation Coal Co 675 and donated BGRM.  It was restored as N&W 675 in 2007.

717 was built by H K Porter in July 1942, #7376, as United States Army 717.  It was sold to General American Transportation Co as 717 and later sold to Goldberg Co.  It was sold to Jack Shroyer in 1966 and sold to Jerry Jacobson.  It was sold to Art Davis as ADRX 717 in 1983 and sold as BGRM 717 in 1989.  It was sold to a collector in California in 2003.

1849, H12-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse in January 1953, #12L673, as US Army 1849.  It was sold as BGRM 1849.


Branham & Baker Coal Co.

6253, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #23515, FN 5544-15, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6253, Class MRSE-17.  It became Class GP-9 in 1964 and sold as Standard Elkhorn Mining Co 6253.  It was sold as B&BC 6253 and sold as Millard Processing Corp 25.


Cadiz RR

9, S1, was built by Alco in November 1948, #75901, as East Saint Louis Junction Ry 100.  It was sold as Union Starch & Refining Co 100 in 1964.  It became Miles Laboratories 100 and sold to Precision National Corp in 1972.  It was sold as Cadiz 9 in September 1972 and later it was plinthed. 

1043, Class XM, was built by FMC Corp in January 1977.


Charolais Corp.

1246, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1950, #11667, FN 4054-10, as Illinois Central 9419. It was renumbered 419 in December 1959 and rebuilt as 1246 in March 1970. It was sold to Charolais as 1246 in October 1948 and later to Big Four Coal Co as 1246.


Coastal Coal Co.

Enterprise Coal Co.

1503, S2m, was built by Alco as Youngstown Sheet & Steel Co 1503.  It became Jones & Laughlin Steel Co 1503 and became LTV Steel Corp 1503.  It was rebuilt as ECCo 1503.  It became CCCo 1503.


Cumberland & Manchester RR

7 was built by Baldwin in 1916, #43007, as Midland Pennsylvania RR 7.  It became C&M 7 and became Louisville & Nashville 7, Class D-0, in 1927.  It was scrapped in August 1947.


Frankfort & Cincinnati RR

102, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1947, #29086.  It was sold to George R Silcott Co in March 1972 and sold as Nipak Inc, no number, in April 1987.  It was sold to Lone Star Cement Co in 1987.

103, S2, was built by Alco in June 1949, #76783, as Chesapeake & Ohio 5004, Class MSA-10.  It was transferred as Baltimore & Ohio 9136, Class S-2, in 1963 and sold to Luntz Iron & Steel on November 3, 1972.  It was sold through George R Silcott as Frankfort & Cincinnati RR 103 on October 19, 1972.  It was transferred as Florida Midland RR in October 1987 and sold as Consolidated Grain & Barge 103 in March 1993.

2558, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1952, #17310, FN 6454-A1, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 45L, Class 37,  F7A.  It was renumbered 311C, Class 300, on April 39, 1971, and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2558, Class 2417, in August 1973.  It was traded in to General Electric in December 1984.  It was sold as F&C 2558 in December 1984 and transferred as Pioneer Valley RR 2558 in May 1985.

2597, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1951, #13718, FN 6454-A9, as AT&SF 247C, Class 200, F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2597, Class 2417. on October 25, 1972 and traded in to General Electric in December 1954.  It was sold as F&C 2597 in December 1984 and transferred as PVRR 2597 in May 1985.


Kentucky & Tennessee Ry.

Big South Fork Scenic Ry.

11 was built by Alco-Schenectady in 1922, #63271. It was sent to Aberdeen Provid Grounds in 1963 and scrapped in 1966.

12 was built by Baldwin in October 1911, #37085, as Southern Ry 4501, Class Ms-4.  It was sold as K&T 12 in January 1948 and restored as Southern 4501 in 1965.  It is owned by the Tennessee Valley Railway Museum.

101, S2, was built by Alco in September 1943, #70184, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 110, Class DE B-B 69.  It was sold to George R Silcott on August 14, 1963, and sold as K&T 101 in March 1964.  It was sold as El Dorado & Wessson 22 in 1987.

102, S2, was built by Alco in May 1944, #70251, as D&RGW 118, Class DE B-B 69.  It was sold to George R Silcott on August 14, 1963, and sold as K&T 102 in March 1964.  It became BSFS 102 and has been restored as K&T 102.

103, S2, was built by Alco in May 1944, #72052, as D&RGW 119, Class DE B-B 69.  It was sold to George R Silcott on August 14, 1963, and sold as K&T 103 in March 1964.  It became BSFS 103 and sold as ED&W 23 in 1987.

104, S2, was built by Alco in November 1949, #77816, as Delaware & Hudson 3028, Class DES-69.  It was reclassified Class S-10 in 1959 and sold as K&T 104 in September 1965.  It was sold as ED&W 24 in 1987.

1st 105, S2, was built by Alco in October 1948, #76181, as Baltimore & Ohio Chicago Terminal 517, Class DS-5a. It was renumbered 9061, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified as Class S-2 in 1964. It was transferred to Baltimore & Ohio as 9061, Class S-2, in late 1960s. It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co on June 25, 1976, and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive. It was assigned to K&T as 105 in July 1978, but not sold except as George R Silcott Co. It was then sold to I Bork & Sons Co as 9061 on January 23, 1979.

2nd 105, was built by Alco in January 1949, #76588, as Port Huron & Detroit RR 60.  It was sold to Genesee & Wyoming and resold as BSFS 105.


Kentucky Central RR

11 was built by Baldwin in February 1925, #58194, as Caddow & Choctaw RR 11.  It was sold to the Reader RR as 11. It went to the Hart County Scenic RR at Hartwell, Georgia, after abandonment. Steve Sandifer reports that it later went to the KCRR at Paris, Ky.


Kentucky Citerion Coal Co.

Consolidation Coal Co.

675, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1959, #24827, FN 5586-12, as  Norfolk & Western  675.  It was retired in April 1987 and sold as KCC 675 in June 1988.  It became CC 675 and donated to Bluegrass Scenic RR and Museum.  It was restored as N&W 675 in 2007.


Kentucky May Coal Co.

8131, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1955, #20169, FN 5378-23, as Illinois Central 9090. It was rebuilt at Paducah in February 1975 as ICG 8131. It later was sold to KMCCo as 8131.


Kentucky Railway Museum

77, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1940, #12978, as United States Army 7794.  It was assigned to Kankakee Ordnance Works as 1.  It was transferred as United States Navy 65-00479 and donated to KRM 77.  It was retired in 2011.

2112, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80345, #31667, as USA B2112.  It was sold to Eveready Machine and sold as Winchester & Western 2112 in 1979.  It was never used and returned to Eveready in 1980.  It was sold as KRM 2112.


Kentucky Utilities Co.

001, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1949, #29935.


Lexington & Ohio Ry.

1007, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1947, #4582, as Atlantic & East Carolina Ry 9.  It was renumbered 404 in 1958 and became 1007 in 1971.  It was sold as L&O 1007.

2391, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1953, #17779, FN 5247-5, as Louisville & Nashville 511, Class GP-7.  It was renumbered 2391 and became became Seaboard System 2391 in January 1983.  It was sold as Alabama & Florida RR 2391 and transferred as Wiregrass Central RR 2391 in 1993.  It was transferred as Nash County RR 2391 in 1994 and Atlantic & Gulf RR 2391 in 1994.  It was transferred as Georgia & Florida Railnet 2391 in 1997 and transferred as L&O 2391 in 1998.  It was transferred as Knoxville & Holston River RR 2391.


McCoy Elkhorn Coal Corp.

8102, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1957, #22319, as Illinois Central 9254.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in September 1971 as 8254 and sold as Chicago Central & Pacific 8254.  In 1996 it was sold to McCEC as 8102 and resold as AT&L 8201.


Midwest Coal Handling Co.

2492, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1949, #8713, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 301L, Class 300, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in November 1974 as 2492, Class 2417, as sold as MCH 2492.  It was scrapped in 1993.

2508, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17937, as AT&SF 314L, Class 300, an F7A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2508, Class 2417, in August 1974. It was retired on January 24, 1986, and sold to S M Pinsly in January 1986. It later became MCH as 2508 in April 1986.

2511, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1950, #9587, as AT&SF 232L, Class 200, an F7A. It was retired in April 26, 1974, and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2511, Class 2417, in July 1974. It later was sold to MCH 2511. It later was sold to Illinois Railway Supply and scrapped.


Millard Processing Corp.

25, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #23515, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6253, Class MRSE-17.  It became Class GP-9 in 1964 and sold as Standard Elkhorn Mining Co 6253.  It was sold as Branham & Baker Coal Co 6253 and sold as MPC 25.


Morehead & North Fork RR

Morehead & Morgan Fork RR

12 was built by Alco-Pittsburgh in September 1905, #37672, as Southern Ry 1643, Class A-7.  It was sold in June 1952 as M&NF 12 and is stored in a shed.

365, DRS4-4-1500, was built by Baldwin in March 1948, #73494, as Norfolk Southern Ry 1508.  It was rebuilt and sold as Durham & Southern 365 on February 5, 1966.  It was sold as M&NF 365 in September 1974 and later sold to Southern Rails Inc.  It was sold as Hobet Mining & Construction Co 101.

1200, RS12, was built by Baldwin in March 1954, #76001, as D&S 1200.  It was sold as M&NF 1200 in September 1974 and is sitting dead..

1202, RS12, was built by Baldwin in March 1954, #76002, as D&S 1202.  It was sold as M&NF 1202 in September 1974.


National Mining Corp.

LOC2, S2u, was built by Alco.  It was rebuilt.


Norton Coal Co.

102 was built by Alco-Richmond in May 1923, #64283, as Georgia Northern Ry 102.  It was sold as NCCo 102 in the 1950s and sold to Richard Jensen in 1965.  It was donated to Illinois Railway Museum in the 1980s and sold to End 'O Line RR Museum in 1993.


South East Coal Co.

400, S2, Class D, was built by Alco in August 1947, #75366, as New York Chicago & St Louis 38, Class AS-10B. It became Norfolk & Western 2038 in 1965 and later was sold to Akron Canton & Youngstown as 107. In 1974 it was sold to SECCo as 400.

2001, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1960, #26045, as Union Pacific 700. It was renumbered 470 in 1963 and later sold to Precision National Corp in October 1977. It was rebuilt at Paducah in 1979 as SECCo 2001. It was later sold to National Ry Equipment Co on March 30, 1991, and then to Arizona & California as 2001 in May 1991.  It was retired as NREX 2001 in 1997 and sold as Penny-Newman Grain Co 2001 in 2001,

2003, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1960, #26054, as UP 709.  It was renumbered 479 in 1963 and later sold to Precision National Corp in October 1977.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1979 as SECCo 2003.  It later had a wreck and was stored at Polly, KY.

2004, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1960, #26046, as UP 701.  It was renumbered 471 in December 1962 and retired in October 1977.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in October 1977 and rebuilt as GP21.  It was sold as SECCo 2004 in April 1979 and sold as NREX 2004 on March 30, 1991.  It was leased as AZCR 2004 in May 1991 and returned as NREX 2004.  It was sold as Columbia & Cowlitz Ry 700 and sold as Larry's Truck Equipment 700 in December 2011.

2005, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1960, #26072, as UP 727.  It was renumbered 497 in December 1962 and retired in October 1977.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in November 1977 and rebuilt as GP21.  It was sold as SECCo 2005 in May 1979 and sold as NREX 2005 on March 30, 1991,  It was leased as AZCR 2005 and returned as NREX 2005.  It was sold as C&C 701 and sold as LTE 701 in December 2011.

2006, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1960, #26047, as UP 702. It was renumbered 472 in 1963 and later sold to tp Precision National Corp in November 1978.  It was rebuilt in April 1979 as SECCo 2006. It was sold to AZCR as 2003 in 1991. In 1997 it was sold to NREX as 2003. In 1998 it became Tacoma Municipal Belt Line 2003. This road was renamed Tacoma Rail in 1999.  It was returned as NREX 2003 in August 2011

849, Class GP38-2, was built in May 1975, #72689-4, FN 72689-4, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 353, Class 30E-RS.  It became Soo Line 4503 in 1985 and sold to NRE.  It was leased as SECCo 3820.  It was rebuilt by National Railway Equipment in 1991 and leased as Chicago & North Western 4711 in December 1991.  It was assigned as Union Pacific 2075 in June 1995 and assigned as 2349 in September 1997.  It became 849 on April 4, 2001 and retired on October 13, 2003.  It was sold to CIT Financial Group as CEFX 849.

3821, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1979, #786237-1, FN 786237-1.  It was rebuilt by National Railway Equipment in 1991 and leased as C&NW 4701 in December 1991.  It became UP 2070, Class GP38-2, on January 6, 1996 and renumbered 400 on July 9, 2001.  It was retired on October 13, 2003, and sold as CEFX 400.

3822, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1979, #786237-2, FN 786237-2.  It was rebuilt by NRE in 1991 and leased as C&NW 4702 in December 1991.  It became UP 401 on February 6, 2002, and retired on October 13, 2003.  It was sold as CEFX 401.

3823, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1979, #786237-3, FN 786237-3.  It was rebuilt by NRE in 1991 and leased as C&NW 4703 in December 1991.  It became UP 402 on October 24, 2001, and retired on October 13, 2003.  It was sold as CEFX 402.


South Hopkins Coal Co.

61, S6, was built by Alco in June 1957, #82298, as Upper Merion & Plymouth RR 61.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co in 1978 and resold as SHCCo 61 in 1982.

243, RS1, was built by Alco in May 1943, #70817, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 743, Class S-62/  It was sold to Hyman-Michaels Co in March 1968 and resold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co in 1968.  It was sold ac Chattahoochee Valley Ry 743 in 1968 and sold as Birmingham Southern Ry 743 on September 3, 1973.  It was renumbered 243 in October 1973 and resold as SHCCo 243 "Jiggs".  It was then sold to George R Silcott Co and resold as Sidney & Lowe RR  243.  It was sold to Oklahoma Railway Museum in 1989 and restored as Rock Island 743.


Standard Elkhorn Mining Co.

6253, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #23515, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6253, Class MRSE-17.  It became Class GP-9 in 1964 and sold as SEM 6253.  It was sold as Branham & Baker Coal Co 6253 and sold as Millard Processing Corp 25.


Taylor Rail Group, Inc.

4444, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1956, #21451, as Grand Trunk 1770, Class GR-17b.  It was renumbered 4444 in 1956 and later transferred to Central Vermont as 4444, Class GR-17d.  It was transferred to Grand Trunk Western and retired in 1998.  It was sold to Western Railroad Dismantlers and sold as TBRX 4444.  It was sold as Aberdeen Carolina & Western 4444 in 2007.

4446, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1956, #21453, as GT 1772.  It was renumbered 4446 in 1956 and later transferred to CV as 4446, Class GR-17d.  It was transferred to GTW and retired in 1998.  It was sold to Western Railroad Dismantlers and sold to TRC as TBRX 4446.  It was transferred as Central Manitoba Ry 4081 in 2006.

9556, GP40-2L, was built by General Motors in February 1975, #A3191, FN C376-26, as Canadian National 9556, Class GF-430c.  It was retired on June 23, 1998, and sold in 1998 to Southern Marine Equipment.  It was sold as TBRX 9556 and sold as AC&W 9556.


Tradewater Ry.

1019, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1941, #1248, as Union Pacific 1019. It was sold to Bargains Galore on January 19, 1980 and then to Diesel Electric Service. It was then sold to TRy as 1019 in March 1982.

1342, GP18, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1960, #25459, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1342. It went to Chrome Locomotive in February 1981 and then to TRy as 1342.


Transkentucky Transportation RR
Transcontinental Terminals, Inc

We have a full page on this operation.

 

Roster Information: Randy Keller

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/23/2016

Memorial of Saint Padre Pio

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Love Our Lady and make her loved; always recite the Rosary and recite it as often as possible.

-- St. Padre Pio