Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Ohio Central Railway

12, S1, was built by Alco.

13 was built by Alco-Brooks in January 1920, #61579, as Kelley’s Creek & Northwestern 6.  It was sold to Buffalo Creek & Gauley as 13 in 1954 and then to South Penn Museum as 622 in 1964.  It was then sold to Lake Shore RR Historical Foundation as 1977 in December 1976 and then to Logansport Iron Horse Festival in July 1983.  It was sold to OHCR as 13 in November 1992.

14, S2, was built by Alco in May 1941, #69533, as Newburgh & South Shore RR 1014.  It was sold as Ohi-Rail Corp 1014 in 1982 and resold as Youngstown & Austintown 1014 in 1984.  It was renumbered 14 and transferred as OHCR 14.

70, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive.

71, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, #13020, FN 6175-2, as Montour RR 71. It was transferred to Youngstown & Southern, as subsidiary, as 71 until most of the line was abandoned.  The remaining operation continued as the Pittsburgh Lisbon & Western and 71 became 887. It was painted with the additional name of Little Beaver Creek Valley RR for a tourist operation. Later the locomotive became OHCR 71.

76 was built by Baldwin in December 1920, #54265, as Jonesboro Lake City & Eastern 40.  It was leased as St Louis-San Francisco 76 in January 1925 and sold as Mississippian Ry 76 in February 1947.  It was sold as Penn View Mountain Ry 76 in September 1967 and transferred as Gettysburg RR 76 in July 1976.  It was sold to Ohio Central RR in 1999 and resold to Steam Railroad Institute in June 2005.

91, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1957, #22468, FN 5487-1, as  Great Northern  688, Class GP-9. It became Burlington Northern 1761 in 1970 and was sold to Helm Leasing in January 1986. They sold it to C&J RR as 1 in October 1986 and it later became OHCR 91 in May 1988.  It was sold to PT Rail Services as 91 on May 15, 2000, and sold to Joseph Transportation Services Inc as JTPX 1703.

94, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1958, #24378, FN 5568-23. as Baltimore & Ohio 6594, Class FSE-2.  It became Class GP-9 in 1965 and was assigned CSX Transportation 0594.  Instead it was retired in August 1986 and sold to Milwest Steel & Alloy in April 1987.  It was sold as OHCR 6594 in March 1988 and renumbered 94.  It was sold to Cando Contracting as  CCDX 94 in 1996 and renumbered 1001 by January 1998.  It became CCGX 1001 and operated as Barre Collingwood Ry.

99, GP-9, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1956, #22243, FN 5477-53, as B&O 6499, Class FSE-2.  It became Class GP-9, in 1964 and was assigned CSX 0499.  It was retired on January 9, 1987, and sold as Youngstown & Austintown RR 6499 on January 11, 1987. It was transferred as OHCR 6499 in April 1988 and renumbered 66 in September 1998.  It was sold as West Chester RR 6499 in 1996.

226, F40PH, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1976, #757099-27, FN 757099-27, as National Railway Passenger Corp (Amtrak) 226.  It was sold to Rail Works in 2003 and sold as OHCR 226.  It was sold as Montreal Maine & Atlantic 226.  It had an electrical fire.

288, F40PH, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1978, #777063-9, FN 777063-9, as Amtrak 288.  It was sold as OHCR 288 in 2003 and sold as CSX Transportation 9999, Class F40PH, in November 2005.  It placed in service in April 2006.

501 was purchased as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 501.

558, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1962, #27391, FN 5637-37, as Norfolk & Western 558.  It was retired in October 1990 and sold to Transdynamic Inc in May 1992.  It was sold as OHCR 558.

700, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1955, #20286, FN 5383-5, as Illinois Central 9107 and was rebuilt at Paducah as Illinois Central Gulf 8107 in December 1969. It later became MidSouth Rail 8107 and was later renumbered 1028. It was sold to SP Construction Services as 700 and later sold to OHCR as 700.  It was then sold to Eastern Illinois RR as 700. 

702, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1955, #20766, FN 5409-11, as IC 9128.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in July 1972 as  ICG 8128.  It was sold to MSR in April 1986 and later renumbered 1033.  It was sold to SPCX as 702 and later sold to OC as 702.  It was sold to Motive Rail Inc as MRIX 702.

705, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive  in January 1956, #20150, FN 5378-4, as IC 9071.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in April 1971 as ICG 8071 and sold as MSR 8071.  It was renumbered 1044 and sold as SPCX 705.  It was sold as OC 705 and assigned as Pacific Wilderness RR 705 in 2000 and 2001.  It was returned as OHCR 705 and resold to Conrad Yelvington Distributors as CYXX 2114 in 2008.

736, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1942, #1589, FN E456-4, as New York Central  651, Class DES-6e.  It was renumbered 701 and renumbered 8497, Class ES-6, in 1966.  It became Penn Central 8497, Class ES-6, in 1968 and National Railway Passenger Corp (Amtrak) 249 in 1976.  It was renumbered 736 and sold as OHCR 736 in 2002.

922, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1956, #21064, FN 4329-9, as Norfolk & Portsmouth Belt RR 114.  It was sold as Gulf States Steel 922 in 1988 and resold as Everett RR 922.  It was resold as OHCR 922.

1001, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #10348, FN 3036-A2, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 48-C, Class 15E-F. It was renumbered 47-A in January 1972 and renumbered 81-A.  It was sold as Dakota Rail 81A and sold as Gettysburg Ry 81A.  It was sold as OHCR 1001 and sold as Aberdeen Carolina & Western 4500 in 2007.

1002, slug, was built by Alco in November 1957, #82644, as Pennsylvania RR 8638, Class ARS-18, a RS11.  It was renumbered 7638 in 1966 and became Penn Central 7638, Class ARS-18, in 1968.  It went to Consolidated Railroad Corp as 7638, Class RS-11, in April 1976 and rebuilt at Juniata in February 1979.  It became 1002,  Class MT-4, on February 27, 1979, and later retired on October 30, 1995.  It was sold as OHCR 1002 for a parts source.

1003, slug, was built by Alco in May 1957, #82338, as PRR 8634, Class ARS-18, a RS11.  It was renumbered 7634 in 1966 and became PC 7634, Class ARS-18, in 1968.  It went to Conrail as 7634, Class RS-11, in April 1976 and rebuilt at Juniata in January 1979 as 1000, Class MT-4.  It was retired on October 30, 1995, and sold as OHCR 1000 and renumbered 1003.  It became a parts source.

1006, slug, was built by Alco in August 1956, #81928, as PRR 8625, Class ARS-18, a RS11.  It was renumbered 7625 in 1966 and became PC 7625, Class ARS-18, in 1968.  It went to Conrail as 7625, Class RS-11, in April 1976 and rebuilt at Juniata in February 1979 as 1001, Class MT-4.  It was retired on October 30, 1995, and sold as OHCR 1001.  It was renumbered 1006. 

1227, SW10, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1951, #15071, FN 6284-A1, as Union Pacific 1873, TR5.  It was rebuilt and numbered 1227 at Omaha on December 30, 1981. It was retired on May 14, 1996, and sold to OHCR as 1227 in June 1997. It was later sold to Spartan Steel Coating as 1227.

1501, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17832, FN 5253-2, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 5736, Class DRSP-4m.  It was renumbered and reclassed as 5929, Class ERS-15s, in 1966 and renumbered 1501 in December 1971.  It was sold as YARR 1501 and later transferred as OHCR 1501.

1551 was built Montreal Locomotive Co in March 1912, #50778, as Canadian Northern 1354. It became Canadian National 1354, Class H-6-g, in 1920 and was renumbered 1551 in October 1956.  It was sold to Steamtown in September 1961 and resold as OHCR 1551 in January 1986.

1768, SD45, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1970, #35524, FN 7199-4, as Norfolk & Western 1768. It became Wheeling & Lake Erie 1768.  It was retired in September 1992 and traded in to EMD in July 1993 where it was rebuilt for the General Motors lease fleete.  It was sold as OHCR 1768 and sold as Montana Rail-Link 342.  It was sold and scrapped.

2175, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1971, #37634, FN 7305-16, as Louisville & Nashville 4045, Class GP-38.  It became Seaboard System 4045 in January 1983 and renumbered 6266 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 2175, Class GP-38, in April 1984 and sold as OHCR 2175.

2187, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1962, #27126, FN 7617-13, as Reading Co 5519, Class RSE-14.  It was renumbered 3619, Class RSE-14.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 2187, Class GP-30, in April 1976 and retired on April 11, 1991.  It was sold as OC 2187 and sold as CSX Transportation 2375, Class Road Slug, in 2008.  It was not completed and retired on June 8, 2009.  It was scrapped in July 2011.

2257, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1964, #29006, FN 7713-6 as Pennsylvania RR 2257, Class EF-25.  It became Penn Central 2257, Class EF-25, in 1968 and Conrail 2257, Class GP-35, in April 1976.     It was sold as OC 2257 in 1997 and sold as Maumee & Western RR 2257.  It was sold as Progress Rail Service PRSX 1009 and became PRLX 1009.   It was rebuilt by National Railway Equipment Co as Burlington Northern Santa Fe 2038, Class GP38-2, in 2006.

2494, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1968, #33981, FN 7106-2, as Southern Pacific 2494, Class ES415-2.  It was sold as OC 2494 and sold as Helm Leasing Co HLCX 1519.  It was sold as Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter RR 8.

2590, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1971, #7367-8, as St Louis South-Western 2590, Class ES415C-4.  It was sold as OC 2590 and sold as Helm HLCX 1520.  It was sold as NEIRC 9.

2912, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1964, #29469, FN 7742-2, as Wabash 541, Class D-25.  It became Norfolk & Western 3541 in 1965 and renumbered 2912 in 1970.  It was retired in March 1991 and sold to Transdynamic Inc as TDIX 2912 in November 1991.  It was sold as OC 2912 in 2000 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment as LTEX 2912 in 2010.  It was leased to Cemex SAEdeCV as CEMX 2912.

3005, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1963, #28155, FN 7643-48, as Pennsylvania RR 2247, Class EF-22.  It became Penn Central 2247, Class EF-22, in 1968, and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 2247, Class GP-30, in April 1976,  It was sold as OC 3005 and sold as ISCX 3005.  It was sold as WAMX 3009 and rebuilt as 302, remote control platform unit.

3216, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1968, #34657, FN 7145-47, as Penn Central 3216, Class EF-30. It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 3216, Class GP-40, in April 1976 and was sold to OC as 3216.

3254, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1966, #31445, FN 5697-5, as Illinois Central 3035.  It was rebuilt as 3076 in December 1974 and retired in April 1991.  It was sold to Kustom Car and sold as OC as 3254.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment as LTEX 3254.

3262, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1966, #31006, FN 7842-12, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 3062, Class DE B-B 58.  It was reclassified Class EF430D-1 and retired in April 1996.  It was sold to Progress Rail Services on April 16, 1996.  It was resold as OC 3262 in June 1997 and sold as Buckingham Branch RR 7 in 2004.

3328, SD40-3, was built by General Motors in May 1970, #A2397, FN C33313 as Canadian National 5138, Class GF-30h.  It was retired on December 8, 1997, and rebuilt by AMF in 1998 as GEC-Alsthom GCFX 6070.  It was renumbered 6940 and leased to Wisconsin Central Ltd 6940 in 2004,  It was sold as Western Labrador Rail Services 6940 and transferred as OHCR 3328 in 2011.

4023, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1973, #73676-5, FN 736764-5, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 4794.  It was sold as Illinois Central Gulf 6044 in June 1980 and sold to General Motors as EMDX 6044.  It was sold as OHCR 4023.

4201, B23-7, was built by General Electric in April 1978, #41911, as Consolidated Railroad Corp 1904, Class B23-7.  It was sold as Metro-North Commuter RR 802 and sold as Burlington Northern Santa Fe 4201, Class B23-7, in October 1998.  It was sold to Rick Franklin Corp as RFRX 4201 and leased as OHCR 4201.  It was returned as RFRX 4201.

4202, B23-7, was built by General Electric in April 1978, #41912, as Conrail 1905, Class B23-7.  It was sold as MNC 803 and sold as BNSF 4202, Class B23-7, in October 1998.  It was sold as RFRX 4202 and leased as OCRR 4202.  It was returned as RFRX 4202.

4217, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28499, FN 7633-8, as Chesapeake & Ohio 3023, Class MRSE-30. In 1964 it was reclassified as Class GP-30 and later rebuilt as Class GP-30M. It was later renumbered 4217 and then became CSX Transportation 4217, Class GP-30M. It was sold to Ohio Central RR as 4217 and then sold to Arizona & California as 3002 in 1998.

4220, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28502, FN 7663-11, as C&O 3026, Class MRSE-30.  It was reclassified as Class GP-30 in 1964 and rebuilt later as Class GP-30M.  It was renumbered 4220 in 1986 and then became CSX 4220, Class GP-30M, in 1987.  It was sold to OHCR as 4220 and later sold to ACZR as 3003 in 1998.  It was sold as Fillmore & Western Ry 3003 and resold as Bountiful Grain & Craig Mountain RR 3003.

4221, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28503, FN 7663-12, as C&O 3027, Class MRSE-30.  It was reclassified as Class GP-30 in 1964 and rebuilt later as Class GP-30M.  It was renumbered 4221 in 1986 and then became CSX 4221, Class GP-30M, in 1987.  It was sold toTransdynamic Leasing Co as 4221 in 1997 and then to OHCR as 4221 in 2000.  It was sold as CSX  2376, Class Road Slug, in 2008.  It was not completed and retired on June 8, 2009.  It was scrapped in July 2011.

4233, B23-7, was built by General Electric in June 1979, #2422, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 6376, Class 6364.  It was renumbered 7210, Class 7200 in 1988 and renumbered 6376, Class 6364, in September 1989.  It became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 4233, Class B23-7, on January 9, 2000, and sold as OHCR 4233 in 2008.  It was sold as Finger Lakes Ry 2309 in 2010.

6307, FP9A, was built by General Motors in 1957, #A1045, FN C217-2, as Canadian National 6515, Class GPA-17c. It later became Via Rail Canada 6515, Class GPA-17c, and then was renumbered 6307. It was later sold to OC as 6307.

6313, FP9A, was built by General Motors in 1957, #A1198, as CN 6526, Class GPA-17d. It later became Via 6526, Class GPA-17d, and then was renumbered 6313. It was later sold to OC as 6313.

6325, Class U-3-b, was built by Alco in 1942, #69631, as Grand Trunk Western 6325, Class U-3-b. It was donated to the City of Battle Creek in October 1959 and placed on display. In 1985 a local group began restoration, but they were notified in 1992 that the locomotive would have to be moved. It was purchased by Jerry Jacobson and moved to the Ohio Central. Restoration began in 1998 and went back into operation as OC 6325 on July 1, 2001.

6501, FP9A, was built by General Motors in September 1954, #A631, as CNR 6501, Class GPA-17a. It later became Via 6501, Class GPA-17a, and was later sold to OC as 6501.

6628, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1965, #30138, FN 7789-4, as Southern Pacific 7731, Class DF-626.  It was renumbered 6628, Class EF 425-4, in 1966, and sold as Ohio Central RR 6628.  It was sold as South Kansas & Oklahoma RR 6628 and became Watco WAMX 3529.

6632, SD24m, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1959, #25668, as Cincinnati New Orleans & Texas Pacific (Southern Ry) 6319, SD24.  It was retired in January 1978 and sold to Precision National Corp.  It became PNC 6319 and rebuilt in 1979 as 1819.  It was sold to Chicago & North Western as 6632 in March 1982 and retired February21, 1997.  It was sold as OC 6632 in June 1997.

6636, SD24m, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1959, #25610, as Southern 2514.  It was renumbered 6333 in 1972.  It was retired in June 1978 and sold to PNC.  It became PNC 6333 and rebuilt in 1979 as 1833.  It was sold to C&NW as 6636 in March 1982 and retired on February 21, 1997.  It was sold as OC 6636 in June 1997 and sold as Pacific Harbor Lines 43.

7528, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #20984, as New York Central 5967, Class DRS-9d.  It was renumbered 7367, Class ERS-17, in 1966 and became Penn Central  7367, Class ERS-17, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7367, Class GP-9, in April 1976, and rebuilt at Paducah in 1978 as 7528, Class GP-10.  It was sold  as OC 7528.

7546, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1956, #20990, as NYC  5977, Class DRS-9d.  It was renumbered 7377, Class ERS-17, in 1966 and became PC 7377, Class ERS-17, in 1968.  It became Conrail 7377, Class GP-9, in April 1976 and rebuilt by Precision National Corp as 7546, Class GP-10, in 1978.  It was sold as  Ohio Central RR 7546 and resold as Qualitech Steel Corp 7546.

7547, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1955, #20911, as NYC 5922, Class DRS-9b.  It was renumbered 7322, Class ERS-17, in 1966 and became PC 7322, Class ERS-17, in 1966.  It was later Conrail 7322, Class GP-9, in April 1976, and rebuilt by Precision National as 7547,  Class GP-10,, in 1978.  It was sold as OC 7547.

7585, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1959, #24290, FN 5556-15, as Pennsylvania RR 7244, Class EFS-17m.  It became PC 7244, Class ERS-17, in 1968 and Conrail 7244, Class GP-9, in April 1976.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in January 1979 as 7585, Class GP-10, and retired in October 1995.  It was sold to RMDI in April 1997 and sold as OC 7585,  It was transferred as Rail Link 1706.

8702, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1954, #19879, as Union Pacific 282. It was rebuilt at Paducah in June 1979 as Illinois Central Gulf  8702, It was sold to OC as 8702 on May 5, 2000.

8712, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1956, #22137, as New York New Haven & Hartford 1227, Class DERS-4.  It became Penn Central 7557, Class ERS-17s, and became Conrail 7557, Class GP-9, in April 1976.  It was transferred as Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority 7557 on December 2, 1976, and sold to Illinois Central.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in August 1979 as ICG 8712 and sold as OC 8712.

8713, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive  in December 1958, #25024, as Illinois Central 9372. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG GP11 8713 in September 1979. It was later sold to OC as 8713 on May 5, 2000.

9011, U30C, was built by General Electric in February 1972, #38235, as Detroit Edison Co 011.  It was sold as OC 9011 in 2007 and sold to WABCo in 2008.  Two employes restored it as Colorado & Southern 890 in February 2009 and scrapped in March 2009.

9917, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1975, #75616-11, FN 75616-11, as Missouri Pacific 4212.  It became Union Pacific 4212, Class SD40-2, on August 31, 1988, and renumbered 9917 on July 24, 2000.  It was retired March 27, 2001, and sold as OC 9917 in 2002.  It was sold as Progress Rail Service as PRSX 9917 in 2006.

 


Columbus & Ohio River RR

6606, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1964, #29711, FN 7756-10, as Southern Pacific 7709, Class DF-625.  It was renumbered 6606, Class EF425-3, in 1966 and later sold to COHR as 6606,  It was then sold to South Kansas & Oklahoma as 6606 and later became WATCo 3528.  It was rebuilt as 501, road slug.


Pacific Wilderness Ry.

705, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive  in January 1956, #20150, FN 5378-4, as IC 9071.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in April 1971 as ICG 8071 and sold as MSR 8071.  It was renumbered 1044 and sold as SPCX 705.  It was sold as Ohio Central RR 705 and assigned as Pacific Wilderness RR 705 in 2000 and 2001.  It was returned as OC 705 and resold to Conrad Yelvington Distributors as CYXX 2114 in 2008.


Pittsburgh & Ohio Central RR

2234, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #31709, FN 7881-2, as Reading Co 2751, Class SW-14..  It became Conrail 9590, Class SW-1500, in April 1976 and became Norfolk Southern PRR 2234.  It was sold as POHC 2234 and sold as Ohio River Terminals Co 2234.  It was sold as Archer Daniels Midland Co 2234.


Youngstown & Austintown RR

14, S2, was built by Alco in May 1941, #69533, as Newburgh & South Shore RR 1014.  It was sold as Ohi-Rail Corp 1014 in 1982 and resold as YARR 1014 in 1984.  It was renumbered 14 and transferred as Ohio Central RR 14.

1501, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17832, FN 5253-2, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 5736, Class DRSP-4m.  It was renumbered and reclassed as 5929, Class ERS-15s, in 1966 and renumbered 1501 in December 1971.  It was sold as YARR 1501 and later transferred as OHCR 1501.

2069, S4, was built by Alco in January 1952, #79525, as New York Chicago & St Louis 69, Class AS-10D.  It became Norfolk & Western 2069 in 1965 and retired on September 29, 1976.  It was sold as Art Davis 2069 and sold as YARR 2069 in January 1985.  It was apparently sold to Larry's Truck Electric Co.

6499, GP-9, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1956, #22243, FN 5477-53, as Baltimore & Ohio 6499, Class FSE-2.  It became Class GP-9, in 1964 and was assigned CSX Transportation 0499.  It was retired on January 9, 1987, and sold as YARR 6499 on January 11, 1987. It was transferred as OHCR 6499 in April 1988 and renumbered 66 in September 1998.  It was sold as West Chester RR 6499 in 1996.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/6/2017

Memorial of Saint Gundisalvus Garcia, martyred in Japan in 1597

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

You are asking for something that would be harmful to your salvation if you had --- so by not getting what you asked, you really are getting what you want.

--St. Catherine of Siena