Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago Great Western

Diesel Locomotives and Motor Cars

1, 175HP, was built by Baldwin in May 1925, #58430. It was scrapped in May 1956.

2, 800HP, Class D-1, was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse, January 1934, #61757. Originally Westinghouse Electric & Mfg. Co. 13, it was purchased in December 1934. It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive December 1941 and scrapped October 21, 1966.

4, 800HP, Class D-1, was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse, July, 1935, #A059. Originally Westinghouse Electric & Mfg. Co. 17, it was purchased in April 1936 and was scrapped September 14, 1950.

7, SC, Class D-2, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1936, #616, FN E142-3. It was traded in to Electro-Motive in August 1966.

8, S2, Class D-3, was built by Alco in February 1947, #73925.  It later became C&NW 1010 on July 1, 1968, and renumbered 1090 in December 1971.  It was retired on June 14, 1974, and scrapped in 1974.

9, S2, Class D-3, was built by Alco in May 1947, #74984. It later became C&NW 1014 on July 1, 1968. It was retired on March 25, 1970. In April 1970 it was sold to Wilson Ry. Corp. who resold it to Cargill, Inc. at Hill. MN.

10, S2, Class D-7, was built by Alco in June 1947, #75239.  It became C&NW 1015 on July 1, 1968, and renumbered 1085 in December 1971.  It was renumbered 1094 in May 1973 and retired on May 21, 1975.  It was sold as Nekoosa Paper Co 17 and sold to Railway Equipment Co as 1061 in 1981.  It was leased to Keokuk Junction RR as RE1061,

13, S1, Class D-2, was built by Alco in June 1948, #75892. It later became C&NW 13 in 1968 and was renumbered 1218 on April 15, 1970. It was again renumbered 621 in July 1971. In 1972 it was retired and rebuilt into slug BU-12 on December 3, 1973. It was retired on May 1, 1979, and scrapped at Cedar Lake Shops.

14, S1, Class D-2, was built by Alco in July 1948, #75893. It became C&NW 14 in 1968 and was renumbered 1219 on April 15, 1970, and was again renumbered 622 in July 1971. It was retired on February 6, 1974, due to freeze damage, and was scrapped at Butler.

15, S1, Class D-2, was built by Alco in August 1948, #75894. It became C&NW 15 in 1968 and was renumbered 1220 on April 15, 1970, and was again renumbered 623 in July 1971. It was retired in May 1972 and rebuilt as slug BU-13 on December 6, 1973. It was retired again on May 1, 1979, and scrapped at Cedar Lake Shops.

20, NW2, Class D-3, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1948, #5540, FN E916-5. It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in December, 1953. It became C&NW 20 in 1970 and was renumbered 1022 on April 24, 1973. It was retired on February 17, 1981, and sold to Precision National Corp.

24, NW2, Class D-3, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1948, #5544, FN E916-9. It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in December, 1953. It became C&NW 24 in 1970 and was renumbered 1027 on January 24, 1974. It was retired on February 17, 1981, and sold to Precision National Corp.

25, NW2, Class D-3, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1948, #6253, FN E989-1.  It became C&NW 1028 on May 4, 1973.  It was retired on February 19, 1981, and sold to Precision National Corp.

 

26, NW2, Class D-3, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1948, #6254, FN E989-2. It became C&NW 1029 on July 29, 1973. It was retired on February 18, 1981, and sold to Precision National Corp.

29, NW2, Class D-3, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1948, #6257, FN E989-5. It became C&NW 29 in 1968 and was renumbered 1032 on May 20, 1973. It was retired on February 18, 1981, and sold to Precision National Corp.

30, NW2, Class D-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1949, #8603. It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive and became C&NW 1016 in July 1971. It was retired on July 28, 1986, and traded in to Electro-Motive in August 1986. It was scrapped by St. Louis Auto Shredding.

52, RS2, Class D-5, was built by Alco in May 1949, #76823. It became  C&NW 52 in 1968 and was retired on January 22, 1977.  It was sold as Nucor Steel Corp 52.

53, RS2, Class D-5, was built by Alco in August 1949, #77185. It became C&NW 53 in 1968 and was retired July 1, 1977. Disposition is unknown.

54, RS2, Class D-5, was built by Alco in August 1949, #77186. It became C&NW 54 and was retired on February 17, 1981. It was sold by Precision National Corp.

57, RS2, Class D-5, was built by Alco in August 1949, #77189. It became C&NW 57 and was retired on April 17, 1973. Disposition is unknown.

60-B, TR2B, Class D-4, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #6887. It became C&NW 60-B in 1968 and was renumbered on August 2, 1974 as 1105. It was retired on July 28, 1986, and traded in to Electro-Motive in August 1986. It was scrapped by St. Louis Auto Shredding.

63-A, TR2A, Class D-4, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #6883. It became C&NW 63-A in 1968 and was renumbered 1015 on July 18, 1974. It was retired on July 15, 1986, and traded in to Electro-Motive in August 1986. It was scrapped by St. Louis Auto Shredding.

63-B, TR2B, Class D-4, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #6890. It became C&NW 63-B in 1968 and renumbered 1104 on August 9, 1974. It was retired on July 14, 1986, and traded in to Electro-Motive in August 1986. It was scrapped by St. Louis Auto Shredding.

64-A, TR2A, Class D-4, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1949, #6884. It became C&NW 64-A in 1968 and was renumbered 1013 on August 22, 1973. It was retired on April 12, 1990, and sold to Wilson Railway Co.

101-A, F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1947, #4117. It was traded in to Electro-Motive in August, 1966.

101-C, F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1947, #4116. It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in January, 1956, and became C&NW 201 in 1971. It was retired in June 1985 and traded in to Electro-Motive. It was scrapped at St. Louis Auto Shredding.

102-A, F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1947, #4119. It was traded in to Electro-Motive in August, 1963.

102-D, F5B, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1949, #5235. It became C&NW 304 in September 1971 and in June 1985 it was rebuilt as power car 490 "Oak Creek",

103-A, F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1947, #4121. It was traded in to Electro-Motive in August, 1966.

104-A, F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1947, #4123. It became C&NW 202 in 1971 and retired in June 1985. It was traded in to Electro-Motive and scrapped at St. Louis Auto Shredding.

106-A, F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1947, #4127. It was retired in 1970.

107-D, F7B, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1949, #7913. It became C&NW 107-D in 1968 and renumbered 309 in August 1971. It was retired and traded in to Electro-Motive in June 1985. It was scrapped at St. Louis Auto Shredding.

109-C, F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1948, #5009. It later became C&NW 206 in 1971 and was retired on November 26, 1973. Disposition is unknown.

110-C, F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1948, #5011. It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in March, 1953, and became C&NW 208 in 1971. It was retired on June 24, 1981, but dispostion is unknown.

112-C. F3A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1948, #5015. It became C&NW 112-C in 1968 and was renumbered 211 in 1971. It was retired in June 1985 and traded in to Electro-Motive. It was scrapped by St. Louis Auto Shredding Co.

112-D, F7A, Class D-7, was built in October 1950, #13543.  It became C&NW 112-D in 1968 and renumbered 315 in July 1971.  It was sold to St. Louis Car Co. on September 9, 1998.

115-A, F7A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1949, #5993. It became C&NW 115-A in 1968 and was renumbered 215 in 1971. It was retired in June 1985 and traded in to Electro-Motive. It was scrapped by St. Louis Auto Shredding Co.

115-C, F5A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1949, #5994. It became C&NW 216 in 1971 and was retired on December 1, 1975. It was traded in to Electro-Motive in December 1975.

116-A, F7A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #13559. It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in May 1955 and became C&NW 217 in July 1971. After the merger of the C&NW into the UP, it came home to Oelwein where it was restored as shown.

116-D, F7A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #13562. It became C&NW 321 in August 1971, It was retired and traded in to Electro-Motive on February 11, 1975.

152, F5A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1949, #5997. It became C&NW 4101-C on July 1, 1968, and was renumbered 226 in 1971. It was retired on January 1, 1975, and traded in to Electro-Motive.

156, F7A, Class D-7, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1949, #7061, FN E1039-A4.  It became C&NW 4103-A, in 1968 and renumbered 229 in 1971.  It was retired and traded in to Electro-Motive on December 1, 1975.

201, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28526. It became C&NW 802 in July 1968 and was retired on November 26, 1991, and sold to National Ry Equipment Co.

202, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1963, #28527. It became C&NW 803 in July 1968 and was retired on November 26, 1991, and sold to National Ry Equipment Co.

203, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1963, #28528. It became C&NW 804 in July 1968 and was retired on November 26, 1991, and was sold to National Ry Equipment Co.

204, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28529. It became C&NW 805 in July 1968 and was retired on November 26, 1991, and was sold to National Ry Equipment Co.

205, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28530. It became C&NW 806 in July 1968 and was retired on November 26, 1991, and was sold to National Ry Equipment Co.

206, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28531. It became C&NW 807 in July 1968 and was retired on November 26, 1991, and was sold to National Ry Equipment Co.

207, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28532. It became C&NW 808 in July 1968 and was retired on November 26, 1991, and was sold to National Ry Equipment Co.

208, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28533, FN 7979-8. It became C&NW 809 in July 1968 and was retired on November 26, 1991,  It was sold to National Ry Equipment Co.

401, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #32092, FN 7912-1. It later became C&NW 921 and was retired on September 25, 1987. It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in November 1989.

406, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #32097, FN 7912-6. In 1968 it became C&NW 926 and was sold to National Ry Equipment Co as 926 in November 1991. It was later sold to Morrison Knudsen as 9402 and then to Helm Leasing as 5050. In August 1997 it became Dakota Minnesota & Eastern 6060 "City of Huron" It was later rebuilt as First Union Rail 3014.

 

407, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive August 1966, #32098, FN 7912-7.  It became C&NW 927. It was retired on September 25, 1987, and was sold to Corporate Leasing Inc as 3004 in November 1989. It later became Montana Rail Line 3004 and then was renumbered 223. It was later transferred to I&M Rail Link as 223.

408, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1966, #32099, FN 7912-8. It became C&NW 928 in 1968. It was retired on September 25, 1987 and sold to Washington Corporation in November 1989.  It was rebuilt for Corporate Leasing Inc as 3001. It then became MRL 3001 and was later renumbered 220. It was later transferred to I&M Rail Link as 220 in 1997 and sold as Iowa Chicago & Eastern 220 in July 2002.  It was retired in February 2007 and scrapped by Jabco Industrial in March 2007.

1000 was built by McKeen in October 1910.  It was re-engined in 1914 and rebuilt by General Electric in 1928 as 1004.  It was retire on October 31, 1950, and scrapped.

1002 was built by McKeen in February 1910, #22. It was rebuilt as a steam car in 1923 and again rebuilt by Electro-Motive in January 1929, #C22, and renumbered 1000. In October 1958 it was converted to a switcher. It was sold to the Kettle Moraine Ry in 1964 and apparently is now in Nevada to provide parts for another McKeen car.

1003 was built by McKeen in 1910, #18. It was acquired by CGW and rebuilt by Electro-Motive in September 1928, #C18. It was scrapped in August 1950.

1005 was built by Standard Steel Co in 1930.  It was purchased by CGW in 1932 and may have been a demo.  It was retired in June 1956 and the body was sold to Samuel Davis to be a shed at Lamont.

1006 was built by Electro-Motive in December 1932, #503. The body was built by Pullman under order 6415. It was rebuilt as a heater car in 1948 and retired in 1951.  It was used as a yard office in Oelwein for several years.

1007 was built by Electro-Motive in December 1932, #504.  The body was built by Pullman under order 6415.  It was rebuilt as a heater car in 1948 and re-engined with a Viking in 1951.  It was retired in June 1956 and the body was sold to Samuel Davis to be a shed at Lamont.

1008 was built by Electro-Motive in December 1932, #505. The body was built by Pullman under order 6415. It was damaged in the Kansas City flood in March 1951 and sold on March 25, 1951.

1009 was built by Electro-Motive in December 1932, #506.  The body was built by Pullman under order 6415.  It was re-engined with a Sterling in 1947 scrapped at Oelweing in October 1953.

M209 was built by Sykes Co in August 1924 using a St. Louis Car Co body built under order 1329. The Sterling engine was less than satisfactory in railroad service. It was converted to baggage only in July 1928 and scrapped in 1938.

 M300 was built by St Louis Car Co in February 1924, #1323, and powered by Electro-Motive, #100.  It was burned in February 1930.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

11/28/2016

Memorial of Saint Hilary of Dijon

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Nothing seems tiresome or painful when you are working for a Master who pays well; who rewards even a cup of cold water given for love of Him.

- St. Dominic