Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Illinois Central Gulf
Illinois Central Transportation Co.
Paducah Rebuilt Electro-Motive GPs 7700-7852
7700, GP9m, was built in January 1956, #20806, FN 5409-51, as IC 9168. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 7700 in May 1974.
7704, GP9m, was built in January 1957, #22302, FN 5480-30, as IC 9237. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 7704 in March 1974 and sold as Arkansas Midland RR 704 on January 17, 1992. It was transferred as Greenville & Northern Ry 704 and sold as Carolina Piedmont RR 70 in 1997.
7706, GP7u, was built in August 1950, #11993, FN 5046-1, as Wabash RR 450, Class D-15. It became Norfolk & Western 3450 in 1965 and later rebuilt at Paducah as Illinois Central Gulf 7706 in November 1974. It was sold as Naporano Iron & Metal 1600 and resold as Hillsdale County RR 1600 "Capt Moses Allen". It was returned to NI&M in August 1981 and resold as Eastern Shore RR 1600 "Norfolk" in September 1981.
7708, GP7u, was built in August 1951, #14715, FN 5103-2, as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 951. It was rebuilt at Paducah in April 1974 as ICG 7708. It was later sold as National Railway Eequipment Co 7708.
7709, GP7u, was built in June 1952, #16349, FN 6369-10, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 5722, Class DRS-4k. It was reclassified Class ERS-15 in 1966 and renumbered 1515 in December 1971. It was sold and rebuilt at Paducah in May 1974 as ICG 7709. It was sold as Garden City Western RR 201 and sold as Blacklands RR 201.
7712, GP9u, was built in February 1956, #20973, FN 5417-12, as New York Central 5960, Class DRS-9d. It was renumbered 7360, Class ERS-17, in 1966 and sold to Precision National Corp in 1967. It was sold as St Johnsbury & Lamoille County RR 200. It was sold to George R Silcott Co in September 1973 and rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 7712 on March 23, 1974. It was sold as Paducah & Louisville RR 8328 in 1986.
7713, GP7u, was built in September 1951, #14580, FN 6306-2, as P&LE 5683, Class DRSP-4g. It was rebuilt as Class DRS-4g and reclassified Class ERS-15 in 1966. It was renumbered 1526 on December 1971. It was sold and rebuilt at Paducah in April 1975, as ICG 7713.
7714, GP7u, was built in July 1951, #14409, FN 6277-2, as Wabash 455, Class D-15. It became N&W 3455 in 1965 and was rebuilt by Paducah as ICG 7714 in January 1975.
7719, GP7u, was built in November 1951, #14240, FN 5091-3, as St Louis-San Francisco 559. It was sold as ICG 90 and rebuilt at Paducah in May 1975 as ICG 7719. It was retired.
7722, GP7u, was built in March 1953, #17721, FN 6495-1, as IC 8906. It was rebuilt at Paducah in January 1977 as 7722. It was later sold to Arkansas Midland as AKMD 722 on January 13, 1992, and sold to Rail Switching Service as RSSX 722..
7725, GP9m, was built in January 1956, #20776, FN 5409-21, as IC 9138. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 7725 in April 1975.
7731, GP7u, was built in April 1953, #17725, FN 6495-5, as IC 8910. It was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1977 as 7731 and sold for scrap to Steel Processing on June 17, 1992.
7734, GP7u, was built in August 1952, #16908, FN 6411-1, as Reading 665, Class RS-3b. It was reclassified as Class RS-3, and later sold as ICG 65. It was rebuilt by Paducah as 7734 in March 1977.
7744, GP7u, was built in November 1953, #19016, FN 5231-3, as DT&I 966. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 7744 on July 15, 1976. It was sold for scrap to Steel Processing on May 26, 1993.
7746, GP7u, was built in September 1951, #14574, FN 5120-2, as P&LE 5677, Class DRSP-4g It was rebuilt as Class DRS-4g and became Class ERS-15 in 1966. It was renumbered 1532 in December 1971. It was sold and rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 7746 in June 1977. It was sold for scrap to Steel Processing on July 21, 1992.
7851, GP7u, was built in April 1952, #16406, FN 5192-2, as IC 8851. It was rebuilt at Paducah in December 1969 as IC 7851 and sold as Iowa Interstate 7851 and renumbered 451. It was sold to South Central Florida Express as SCXF 451 and renumbered 9020 in 1996. It was sold as Northern Illinois & Wisconsin Ry 9020. It was leased to Frick Services.
Thanks for roster information: Randy Keller.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of Saint Theodosius of Vaison
A man who governs his passions is master of his world. We must either command them or be enslaved by them. It is better to be a hammer than an anvile.