Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Georgetown RR

Texas Crushed Stone Co.

 

The Georgetown Railroad Company was chartered on May 31, 1878, to build a railroad between Georgetown and Round Rock. The railroad had capital stock of $50,000, and the principal office was in Georgetown. The members of the first board of directors were Emzy Taylor, Moses E. Steele, Thomas B. Hughes, J. H. Rucker, Duncan G. Smith, and John J. Dimmitt, all of Williamson County, and David Love. By the end of 1878 the Georgetown had built ten miles of track from Georgetown to Round Rock, but soon thereafter it encountered financial problems. The railroad was sold at foreclosure on August 5, 1879, and bought by George M. Dilly, acting for the receiver of the International-Great Northern Railroad. The Georgetown was quickly leased to the I-GN and merged with that company in 1882. The branch was operated by the I-GN and its successors until 1959, when it was sold to the Georgetown Railroad Company. This company was incorporated on July 25, 1958, to acquire about eight miles of the Georgetown branch then owned by the Missouri Pacific, as successor to the I-GN. The new company acquired the property on March 16, 1959. Although it serves other customers, the major industry on the Georgetown Railroad is the large quarry of the Texas Crushed Stone Company, located near Georgetown. On June 3, 1991, the Georgetown Railroad acquired that portion of the Belton Railroad east of I-35 at Belton and began operating this line as its Belton Subdivision. In 1990 the Georgetown Railroad owned seventeen locomotives and 1,299 cars.

George C. Werner in Handbook of Texas Online

 

They developed a self dumping gravel train, and had their own power for moving these and other gravel trains over the UP. In 1999, this service was halted, and much of their road power has gone. Here is a group of photos of their equipment.

Business Car 400, "Houston", was built in December 1929 as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 400.  It was sold to GRR as 400 on January 9, 1971

401 was rebuilt in May 1949 from MKT 435 as 401.  It was sold to GRR as 401 on January 9l 1971.

Another business car, 3040, "Georgetown", is lettered for Texas Crushed Stone Co.

44, SW1200, was built as an S12 by Baldwin in June 1952, #75184, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 1212. It was renumbered 44 in 1960 and rebuilt by Electro-Motive on November 28, 1962, #27801, as SW1200 on the Baldwin frame. In 1984 it was sold to Belton RR as 44.   The line was taken over as GRR 44 and sold as Cargill/Plantation Foods 44, but it was apparently not repainted or lettered.  It was sold to Watco and sold as Chaparral Steel Co 2285 in 2002.

510, DS44-750, was built by Baldwin in June 1949, #74595, as Texas-Mexican Ry 510.  It was sold as TCSCo 510 and sold to Gulf Coast Railroad Museum in 1985.  It was restored as TM 510.

513, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #16911, FN 6404-2, as Chicago & North Western 1102. It was renumbered 1202 in July 1971 and sold to Precision National Corp on February 18, 1981. It was sold to TCS as 513 in May 1984.

514, TR2A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #8506, FN E1179-A2, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9411A.  It became Burlington Northern 568, Class NW-2, in 1970 and sold as Northwestern Steel & Wire Co 5 in May 1983.  It was sold as TCS 514.

1000, VO660, was built by Baldwin in June 1941, #62498, as San Antonio Uvalde & Gulf 9206 which became Missouri Pacific 9206. MP renumbered it 9022 later, and sold it to the Georgetown on March 6, 1959, where it became 100. It was later renumbered 1000.

1001, 50Ton, was built by Atlas in December 1939, #2130, as U S Navy 65-00258. It was sold as GRR 1001 and it later became Texas Crushed Stone Co. 100.  It was scrapped in 1987.

1002, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in July 1942, #64414, as U. S. Army 7455.   It was sold to Pan American Engineering Co. in 1950 and sold as GRR 1002 in May 1962.  It was scrapped in July 1987.

1003, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in November 1942, #64435, as St Louis South-Western 1002, Class Z-10.  It was sold as GRR 1003 in April 1963 and retired in 1969.  It was scrapped in July 1987.

1004, VO1000,  was built by Baldwin in February 1945, #71741, as SSW 1009 Class Z-10. In April, 1963, it became Louisiana & North West 43. In January, 1967, it as sold to GRR as 1004. It became Texas Export RR 1004 in May, 1973. It was apparently renumbered back to 1009.

1005, S12, was built by  Baldwin in June 1952, #75191, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 1213.  It was renumbered 45 in approximately 1959. became GRR 1005 on August 12, 1969.   It was retired in 1983.

1006, S12, was built by Baldwin in December 1951, #75512, as MKT 1209.  It was renumbered 41 in 1959. It became GRR 1006 on March 12, 1970.  It was scrapped in July 1987.

1007, S12, was built by Baldwin in June 1952, #75193, as MKT 1215.  It was renumbered 47 in 1959. It went to the GRR in August, 1971.  It was scrapped in July 1987.

1008, S12, was built by Baldwin in December 1951, #75511, as MKT 1208.  It was renumbered 40 in 1959. It went to the GRR in August, 1971.

1009, DS44-1000, was built by Baldwin in August 1946, #72798, as MKT 1003.  It was renumbered 25 in 1959 rebuilt by Electro-Motive in February 1959.  It was sold as GRR 1009 in 1971.

1010, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1971, #7384-1. FN 7384-1, as General Motors Co 114.  It was sold as GRR 1010 in October 1978 and renumbered 9010.

1011, MP15DC, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1978, #786144-1, FN 786144-1.  It was renumbered 9011.

1012, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1980, #806028-1, FN 806028-1.  It was renumbered 9012.

1013, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1981, #757129-1, FN 757129-1. It was wrecked in 1985 and sold to National Ry. Eqpt. Co.

1014, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1954, #19622, FN 5354-14, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 283.  It became Burlington Northern 1968, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in June 1985.  It was sold to Wilson Railway in August 1985 and sold as GRR 1014 in May 1986.  It was renumbered 9014

1015, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1954, #19627, FN 5354-19, as CB&Q 288.  It became BN 1973 in 1970, Class GP-9, and retired in June 1985.  It was sold to Wilson in August 1985 and sold as GRR 1015 in May 1986.  It was renumbered 9015.

4160, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1977, #766065-1, FN 766065-1, as Illinois Terminal RR 2001. It became Norfolk & Western 4160 in November 1981 and sold to GRR as 4160 ln May 1992. It was then sold to Central Kansas Ry as 381 on April 3, 2000.

4161, GR38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1977, #766065-2, FN 766065-2, as ITRR 2002. It became N&W 4161 in November 1981 and sold to GRR as 4161 in May 1992, It was then sold to CKRy as 382 on April 3, 2000.

4162, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1977, #766065-3, FN 766065-3, as ITRR 2003. It became N&W 4162 in November 1981 and sold to GRR as 4162 in May 1992. It was then sold to CKRy as 383 on April 3, 2000.

4163, GP38-2, was buiilt by Electro-Motive in July 1977, #766065-4, FN 766065-4, as ITRR 2004. It became N&W 4163 in November 1981 and sold to GRR as 4163 in May 1992. It was then sold to OmniTrax as 4163 on April 3, 2000.

9050, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1958, #23528, FN 5543-2, as Chicago Milwaukee St. Paul & Pacific 2369, Class 17.5E-RS.  It was renumbered 261 in 1959. In October, 1973, the West Milwaukee shops rebuilt it as 947, Class 20E-RS. It later became Soo Line 947, and was assigned, but never received, number 4301. It was sold to General American Transportation Co., who sold it to the GRR as 9050.  It was sold as Lycoming Valley RR 9050.

9053, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #23533, FN 5545-7, as CMStP&P 2374, Class 17.5E-RS. It was renumbered 266 in 1959 and in October 1973 the West Milwaukee shops rebuilt it as 952, Class 20E-RS. It later became Soo Line 952, and was assigned, but never received, number 4306. It was sold to GATX, who sold it to the GRR as 9053.  It was sold as Grainbelt Corp 9053 in 2005.

9055, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #23536, FN 5543-10, as CMStP&P 2377, Class 17.5E-RS. It was renumbered 269 in 1959 and rebuilt in September 1973 at West Milwaukee as 955, Class 20E-RS. It later became Soo Line 955, and was assigned, but never received, number 4309. It was retired in January 1989 and sold to GATX. It was then sold to GRR as 9055. In 2000 it became Econo-Rail 9055.

9056, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1954, #20040, FN 5372-12, as CMStP&P 2399, Class 17.5E-RS.  It was renumbered 249 in 1959 and rebuilt in August 1973 as 956, Class 20E-RS. It became Soo Line 956 and was planned to be numbered 4310. It was retired in August 1990 and sold to GATX. It was then sold to GRR as 9056.

9057, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1954, #20033, FN 5372-5, as CMStP&P 2392, Class 17.5E-RS.  It was renumbered 242 in 1958 and rebuilt at West Milwaukee in August 1973 as 959, Class 20E-RS.  It became Soo Line 959 and was planned to be numbered 4313.  It was retired in August 1990 and sold to GATX then sold to GRR as 9057.  It was sold as GNBC 9057 in 2005.

9058, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1954, #20034, FN 5372-6, as CMStP&P 2393, Class 17.5E-RS. It was renumbered 243 in 1958 and rebuilt at West Milwaukee in June 1973 as 958, Class 20E-RS. It became Soo Line 958 and was planned to be numbered 4312. It was retired in August 1990 and sold to GATX. It was then sold to GRR as 9058. In 2000 it was sold to Econo-Rail as 9058.

9060, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1954, #18767, FN 5308-4, as CMStP&P 2403, Class 17.5E-RS.  It was renumbered 222 in 1958 and rebuilt at West Milwaukee in September 1973 as 963, Class 20-RS.  It became Soo Line 963 and was planned to be numbered 4317.  It was retired in August 1990 and sold to GATX.  It was then sold to GRR as 9060.

9403 is a GP40, one of 3, built by Electro-Motive in May, 1970, #35914, FN 7229-18, as Seaboard Coast Line 1613. It later became Seaboard System 6726, and then CSX Transportation 6726. It was sold as GRR 9403 and resold as Providence & Worcester 3003.

S-1 was built by General Electric as a U25B, Wabash 507, Class D-25, in August, 1962, #34520. It became Norfolk & Western 3523 in 1965, and was renumbered 8146 in 1970. In June, 1980, it was rebuilt by Southeast Specialties as slug S-1 for the Georgetown.

There were a few locomotives which did not make it to the roster.

Louisiana & North West 42, VO1000, built by Baldwin in October, 1943, #69673, as St. Louis South-Western 1005, Class Z10. It went to the L&NW in April, 1963. The GRR purchased it in February, 1967, for parts, and later scrapped it.

UP20, 2000 HP, was built by RLW in August 1992, #492J300, as Republic Locomotive Works UP20.  It was leased to Union Pacific on April 12, 1993, and returned on November 17, 1993.  It was sold to Georgetown RR and returned as LETX 20.  It was sold to Diesel Locomotive Co.

 

The history came from the The Handbook of Texas Online.

Thanks for roster information: Randy Keller, Chuck Zeiler

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/12/2013

Memorial of St. Benedict Biscop of Northumbria

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

O God our Creator, from Your provident hand we have received our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happines.  You have called us as your people and given us the right and the duty to worship You, the only true God, and your Son, Jesus Christ.

Through the power and working of Your Holy Spirit, You call us to live out our faith in the midst of the world, bringing the light and the saving truth of the Gospel of every corner of society.