Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

National Railway Passenger Corp.

Diesel Switchers

 

47, RS1, was built by Alco in September 1945, #74315, as Washington Terminal Co 47. It became Amtrak 47 in 1984 and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co in 1986. It was then sold to Tioga Central RR as 47 in June 1986.

62, RS1, was built by Alco in April 1950, #77474, as WTCo 62.  It became Amtrak 62 in 1984 and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co in 1986.  It was sold as TIOC 62 in June 1986,

100, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1950, #78080, as New York Central 8223, Class DRSP-6a. It was rebuilt as Class DRS-6a and then renumbered 5223, Class ARS-16, in 1966. In 1968 it became Penn Central 5223, Class ARS-16, and in 1976 it became Amtrak 100. It was later restored as NYC 8223, Class DRS-6a.

104, RS3u, was built by Alco May 1951, #78868, as NYC  8246, Class DRS-16b.  It was renumbered as 5246, Class ARS-16, in 1966 and became PC 5246, Class ARS-16, in 1968.  It was sold as Amtrak 104 in 1976 and rebuilt in 1984.  It was sold as Shoreline Locomotive Co 6055 and resold as Connecticut Central RR 1201.  It was sold as Providence & Worcester 120 in 1991 and sold as Cape Cod Central RR 1201 in 2001.  It was scrapped in September 2011.

106, RS3m, was built by Alco in June 1951, #78879, as NYC 8263, Class DRSP-6c.  It was reclassified as Class DRS-2c and renumbered 5263, Class ARS-16, in 1966.  It became PC 5263, Class ARS-16, in 1968 and became Amtrak 106 in 1976.  It was rebuilt at New Haven in July 1981.

108, RS3, was built by Alco in October 1951, #79114, as NYC 8302, Class DRSP-6e.  It was rebuilt as Class DRS-6e and renumbered 5302, Class ARS-16, in 1966.  It became PC 5302, Class ARS-16, in 1968 and sold as Amtrak 108 in June 1976.  It was rebuilt with EMD power.

114, RS3, was built by Alco in December 1955, #81840, as Pennsylvania RR 8604, Class ARS-16.  It was renumbered 5404 in 1966 and became PC 5404, Class ARS-16, in 1968.  It then went to Amtrak as 114 in 1976 and sold to Florida Gulf Coast RR Museum in October 1985.  It was restored as PRR 8604.

116, RS3, was built by Alco in November 1953, #80573, as PRR 8436, Class ARS-16.  It was renumbered 5416 in 1955 and became PC 5416, Class ARS-16, in 1968. It then went to Amtrak as 116 in 1976.

117, RS3, was built by Alco in November 1953, #80570, as PRR 8441, Class ARS-16.  It was renumbered 5441 in 1966 and became PC 5441, Class ARS-16, in 1968.  It then went to Amtrak as 117 in 1976.

127, RS3, was built by Alco in June 1951, #78871, as NYC 8255, Class DRSp-6c.  It was renumbered 5504, Class ARS-16s, in 1966 and later became PC 5504, Class ARS-16s, in 1968.  It became Amtrak 127 in June 1976 and sold to an individual for the Midland Ry.  It was restored as NYC 8255.

131, RS3, was built by Alco in June 1951, #78907, as NYC 8270, Class DRSP-6c.  It was renumbered 5512, Class ARS-16s, in 1966 and later became PC 5512, Class ARS-16s, in 1968.  It became Amtrak 131 in June 1976 and scrapped in 1985.

 

133, RS3, was built by Alco in June 1951, #78914, as NYC 8277, Class DRSP-6c.  It was renumbered 5518, Class ARS-16s, in 1966 and became PC 5518, Class ARS-16s, in 1968.  It became Amtrak 133 in June 1976 and acquired by Florida Gulf Coast Railroad Museum in 1987.  It was restored as Seaboard Air Line 1633.

134, RS3, was built by Alco in June 1951, #78917, as NYC 8280, Class DRSP-6c.  It was renumbered 5521, Class ARS-16s, in 1966 and became PC 5521, Class ARS-16s, in 1968.  It became Amtrak 134 in June 1976 and sold as Octoraro Ry 6 in December 1985.

137, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1950, #78171, as New York New Haven & Hartford 524, Class DERS-2c.  It became PC 5533, Class ARS-16s, in 1969 and was sold as Amtrak 137 in June 1976.  It was scrapped in 1985.

138, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1950, #78176, as NYNH&H 529, Class DERS-2c.  It became PC 5536, Class ARS-16s, in 1969 and was sold as Amtrak 138 in June 1976.  It was sold to Railroad Museum of New England in September 1985 and restored as NH 529.

143, RS3, was built by Alco in January 1952, #79619, as NYNH&H 553, Class DERS-2c.  It became PC 5592, Class ARS-16s, in 1969 and was sold as Amtrak 143 in June 1976.  It was scrapped in 1985.

144, RS3, was built in by Alco in January 1952, #79620, as NYNH&H 554, Class DERS-2c.  It became PC 5593, Class ARS-16s, in 1969 and was sold as Amtrak 144 in June 1976.  It was sold to Lamoile Valley Ry for parts in 1985 and scrapped in 1995.

527, GP38H-3, was built by General Motors in December 1966, #A2132, FN C313-8, as Canadian National  607, Class GRE-30a, GP40TC.  It was transferred to Government of Ontario Transit as 607, Class GRE-30a,  In December 1969 it was renumbered 9807, Class GRE-30a, and later renumbered 507, Class GRE-30a.  It was sold to Amtrak as 199 in 1988 and rebuilt at Wilmington in August 1998 as GP38H-3 and renumbered 527.

534, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1975, #74668-8, FN 74668-8, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 1591.  It was sold to Amtrak as 534.

550, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1939, #927, FN E258-13, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2365, Class 2353, a NW2. It was renumbered 2415, Class 2403, on May 23, 1945, and rebuilt as 1215, Class 1215, on May 28, 1976. It was traded to Amtrak as 550 on September 8, 1984.

551, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1943, #1769, FN E497-1, as 2366, Class 2353, a NW2.  It was renumbered 2416, Class 2403, on May 9, 1945, and renumbered 1416, Class 1403, on on August 22, 1974.  It was retired on December 8, 1977, and rebuilt at San Bernardino as 1216, Class 1215, in December 1978.  It was traded to Amtrak as 551 on September 10, 1984.

552, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1939, #917, FN E258-3, as AT&SF 2355, Class 2353, a NW2.  It was renumbered 2405, Class 2403, on June 9, 1945, and retired on June 1, 1972.  It was rebuilt as 1217,  Class 1215, on January 31, 1975, and traded to Amtrak as 552 on September 16, 1984.

554, SSB1200, was built in Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18087, FN 4219-2, as AT&SF 2421, Class 2418, a SW9.  It was renumbered 1421, Class 1418 on August 22, 1974 and rebuilt as 1221, Class 1214, on February 23, 1979, as SSB1200.  It was traded to Amtrak as 554 on September 24, 1984.

555, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18088, FN 4219-3, as AT&SF 2422, Class 2418, a SW9. It was rebuilt in January 1978 as 1222, Class 1215, and later was traded to Amtrak as 555 on September 8, 1984. It was retired in 1998.

556, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18089, FN 4219-4, as AT&SF 2423, Class 2418, a SW9. It was retired on February 4, 1974.  It was rebuilt at San Bernardino on March 15, 1974,  as 1223, Class 1214, and was traded to Amtrak as 556 on September 24, 1984.

558, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18090, FN 4219-5, as AT&SF 2424, Class 2418.  It was renumbered 1424, Class 1418, in August 1974 and rebuilt at San Bernardino as 1224, Class 1214, on April 17, 1978.  It was traded to Amtrak as 557 on September 8, 1984.

562, SSB1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18097, FN 4219-12, as AT&SF 2431, Class 2418.  It was renumbered 1431, Class 1418, in August 1974 and retired on February 18, 1977.  It was rebuilt at San Bernardino as 1231, Class 1214, on June 27, 1978, and traded in to Amtrak as 562 on September 8, 1984.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 562 in 2009.

575, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #13730, FN 3095-A4, as AT&SF 260C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in March 1978 as 2418, Class 2417.  It was sold as Amtrak 575 in September 1984.

576, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1950, #9578, FN 3020-A2, as AT&SF 227C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2430, Class 2417, on December 16, 1977, and traded to Amtrak as 576 in September 1984.  It was sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal Co in November 1994.

577, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #13736, FN 3095-A9, as AT&SF 263C, Class 200, an F7A. It was retired on September 30, 1976, and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2433, Class 2417, November 1977. It later was traded to Amtrak as 577 in September 1984.

578, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18924, FN 6523-A14, as AT&SF 275C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was renumbered 203C, Class 200, on February 17, 1972, and returned as 275C, Class 200, on February 10, 1972.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in October 1977 as 2437, Class 2417 and sold as Amtrak 578 in September 1984.  It was scrapped in April 1995.

580, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #13799, FN 3084-A13, as AT&SF 258L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was retired on May 31, 1979, and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2439, Class 2417, in May 1978.  It was sold as Amtrak 580 in September 1984.

582, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1949, #7758, FN E1095-A13, as AT&SF 208L, Class 200, an F7A. It was retired on September 10, 1975, and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2445, Class 2417. In August 1977. It was sold to Amtrak as 582 in August 1984.

587, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1956, #21142, FN 3191-A16, as AT&SF 288C, Class 281, an F9A. It was retired on April 27, 1975, and rebuilt at Cleburne as 2459, Class 2417, on May 9, 1977. It was retired in September 1984 and became Amtrak 587.

n

590, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #17952, FN 6501-A5, as AT&SF 340L, Class 300, an F7A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2462, Class 2417, on April 16, 1977. It was later sold to Amtrak as 590 in September 1984.

591, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #17950, FN 6501-A3, as AT&SF 338L, Class 300, an F7A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2463, Class 2417, on April 6, 1977. It was later sold to Amtrak as 591 in September 1984.

592, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8922, FN E1234-A3, as AT&SF 218L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in July 1974 as 2513, Class 2417.  It was sold as Amtrak 592 in September 1984.

593, CF7, was by Electro-Motive built in December 1953, #18934, FN 6523-A24, as AT&SF 280C, Class 200, an F7A. It was retired on May 16, 1973, and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2562, Class 2417, on July 20, 1973. It was sold to Amtrak as 593 on September 1984. It later was sold to Nevada Industrial Switching as 583 and then later as Sierra RR 593.

594, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive  in December 1953, #18928, as AT&SF 277C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was retired on October 12, 1972, and rebuilt at Cleburne as 2584, Class 2417, on January 30, 1973.  It was retired in September 1984 and sold as Amtrak 594 in September 1984.  It was sold as NIS 594.  It was leased as SRR 594 and returned as NIS 2584.

595, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #7750, FN 3020-A30, as AT&SF 204L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was renumbered 241C, Class 200, in December 1955 and was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2587, Class 2417, on January 8, 1973.  It was sold as Amtrak 595 in September 1984 and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co.

596, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18920, as AT&SF 273C, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2588, Class 2417, on December 29, 1972.  It was retired in September 1984 and sold as Amtrak 596. 

720, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1967, #33064, FN 5724-3, as Clinchfield RR 2002.  It became Seaboard System RR 6273 in January 1983 and renumbered 2182 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 2182, Class GP-38, in April 1976.  It was rebuilt as GP38-3 as Amtrak 720.

721, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1967, #33323, FN 7060-6, as Baltimore & Ohio 3805, Class GP-38, It was later 2005 and then became CSX Transportation 2005, Class GP-38. It was retired on May 28, 1991, and sold to Phoenix Locomotive Leasing and sold as Consolidated Railroad Corp as 7602. However it went to Conrail Leasing as 302. It was then rebuilt at Juniata on April 25, 1995, as Amtrak721.

730, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1949, #6405, as New York Central 599, Class DES-5c. It was renumbered 8425, Class ES-6, in 1966 and became Penn Central 8425, Class ES-6, in 1968. It was sold to Amtrak as 243 in 1976 and was later renumbered 730. It later became Washington Terminal Co 730 and then was sold to Hartwell Ry as 7.

735, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1941, #1261, FN  E372-13, as NYC 629, Class DES-6d.  It was renumbered 679 and renumbered 8476, Class ES-6, in 1966.  It became PC 8476, Class ES-6, in 1968.  It became Amtrak 245 in 1976 and renumbered 735.  It was sold as Octoraro RR 735 in September 1985 and sold as Tank Car Co of America 735.  It was sold as Bridgewater Resources Inc 735 in 2004.

736, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1942, #1589, FN E456-4, as NYC 651, Class DES-6e.  It was renumbered 701 and renumbered 8497, Class ES-6, in 1966.  It became PC 8497, Class ES-6, in 1968 and Amtrak 249 in 1976.  It was renumbered 736 and sold as Ohio Central RR 736 in 2002.

740, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, #11222, FN 6081-33, as Pennsylvania RR 9428, Class ES-6.  It was renumbered 8528 in 1966 and became PC 8528, Class ES-6. in 1968.  It became Amtrak 253 and was renumbered 740.  It was sold to Independent Locomotive Service as ILSX 1371.

741, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1948, #5383, FN E898-14, as PRR 9150, Class ES-6.  It was renumbered 8530 in 1966 and became PC 8530, Class ES-6, in 1968.  It was sold as Amtrak 254.  It was renumbered 741 and sold as Berlin Mills Ry 741.  It became St Lawrence & Atlantic Ry 41

750, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #16972, FN 6409-1, as Lehigh Valley 275, Class DS-4.  It was reclassified Class ESM-8 in 1962 and later became Conrail 8686, Class SW-8, in April 1976.  It was sold as Amtrak 750 and sold to Independent Locomotive Services.

761, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1952, #15849, FN 5167-3, as St Louis-San Francisco 621.  It was sold to Precision National and operated as PNC 621.  It was sold as Amtrak 761 in August 1977.

765, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1954, #19127, FN 5320-37, as Union Pacific 241. It was sold to Precision National in September 1976 and rebuilt at Silvis as Amtrak 765 in May 1977.

767, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1954, #19128, FN 5320-38, as UP 242. It was sold to Precision National In September 1976 and rebuilt at Silvis as Amtrak 767 in May 1977.

769, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1952, #16894, as Chicago St Paul Minneapolis & Omaha 160. It became Chicago & North Western 160 in January 1957 and later sold as Precision National on April 12, 1976. It then became Amtrak as 769.

771, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1953, #17763, as Louisville & Nashville 432, Class GP-7. It was later Amtrak 771.

775, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1951, #14415, as Wabash RR 461, Class D-15.  It became Norfolk & Western 3461 in 1965 and was later sold to Amtrak as 775.

776, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1953, #17869, as Union Pacific 702. It was renumbered 102 in October 1953 and sold to Precision National on December 27, 1977. It was rebuilt and sold to Amtrak as 776 in April 1978

780, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1950, #8879, FN 5010-8, as Chicago & Eastern Illinois 210.  It was renumbered 75 in 1967 and became Louisville & Nashville 394, Class GP-9 in 1969.  It was sold as Amtrak 780 and sold as Black River & Western RR 780.  It was transferred as Belvidere & Delaware River 780 in 1996.

781, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1950, #7442, FN 5000-4, as Nashville Chattanooga & Saint Louis 703, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1703, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 493, Class GP-7, in 1965.  It was sold as Amtrak 781 and resold to Helm Leasing Corp as HLCX 781.  It was sold as Green Valley Coal Co 781 in 2012.

782, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1950, #10546, FN 5000-6, as NC&StL 705, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1705, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 495, Class GP-7, in 1965,  It was sold as Amtrak 782 and resold to Black River & Western for parts.  It was then sold to Vintage Locomotives Inc as VLIX 782.

783, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11685, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 433. It was sold to Precision National and later to Amtrak as 783.

784, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1951, #14397, as CRI&P 1201.   It went to Precision National in April 1980 and sold to Chrome Locomotive in March 1981.  It was sold as Washington Terminal Co 80 in December 1981 and transferred as Amtrak 80 in 1984.  It was renumbered 784 on June 30, 1987.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

7/20/2017

Memorial Saint Apollinaris of Ravenna

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

You must not abandon the ship in a storm because you cannot control the winds . . . What you cannot turn to good, you must at least make as little bad as you can.

--St. Thomas More

 

A personís height is determined by their father,
and their weight is determined by their mother.