Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this site, we do need support. We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Maine Short Lines and Industrial Railroads
Belfast & Moosehead Lake RR
Founded in 1867, the B&ML became operational in 1870. Operated by Maine Central Railroad for 54 years, it has been run by the City of Belfast since 1926. Until 1960, it operated primarily as a passenger line. Since 1980, it depends mostly on excursion traffic. The Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad operates just over 33 miles of track.
16 was built by Manchester in 1893 as Bangor & Aroostook 10. It was renumbered 211, Class K, and sold as B&ML 16.
19 was built by Manchester in 1901, as BAR 54, Class D-1. It was sold as B&ML 19 in January 1940. It was scrapped on February 2, 1949.
52, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1951, #30846. It was scrapped in March 2008.
53, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1947, #28514, as Barre & Chelsea RR 12. It was transferred as Montpelier & Rarre RR 21 in December 1956. It was sold as B&ML 53 in 1970 and was purchased by Brooks Preservation Society in August 2008.
54, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1948, #30032.
Bridgeton & Saco River RR
Bridgeton & Harrison RR
7 was built by Baldwin in 1913, #40864, as B&SR 7. It was re-organized as B&H 7 in 1927. When it was abandoned in 1941 it was purchased to become Edaville RR 7. It went to Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum in 1998 and has been restored as B&H 7.
8 was built by Baldwin in 1924, #57659, as B&SR 8. It was re-organized as B&H 8 in 1927. When it was abandoned in 1941 it was purchased to become Edaville 8. It went to MNGRM in 1993 and has been restored as B&H 8.
This 2 foot gauge logging line was opened in 1903 and owned by Phillip and Rangley RR. It was bought by Sandy River & Rangley Lakes in 1911 and scrapped.
9 was built by Baldwin in 1904, #237559. It was transferred as SR&R 22 in 1911 and scrapped in 1936.
Great Northern Paper Co.
391, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.
Green Mountain Ry
2 was built by Manchester Locomotive Co in 1883. It was sold as Mount Washington Cog Ry 5 in 1895 and renumbered 3 "Base Station" in 1934.
6 was built by Alco-Cooke in October 1924, #65348. When the Maine shortline quit in 1939, the engine was sold to the U S Navy. Smithfield Terminal RR purchased it and kept the original number.
Maine Coast RR
Operated by the State of Maine for ten years, carrying some freight traffic, but primarily providing train tours along the coast of the state, the Maine Coast Railroad ceased its operations in December of 2000.
367 "City of Rockland", RS11, was built by Alco in December 1958, #82958, as Norfolk & Western 367. It was sold as MCRR 367 and sold as Louisville New Albany & Corydon 367 but never used. It was sold as Durbin & Greenbrier Valley RR 367 in October 2012.
2002, M420R, was built by Montreal in August 1973, #M6075-02, as Providence & Worcester RR 2002, Class MRS20a. It was sold as Massachusetts Central RR 2002 and resold as MCRR 2002. It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in 2003 and sold as Great Western RR of Canada 2002 in 2005.
2004, M420R, was built by Montreal in May 1975, #M6086-02, as PW 2004, Class MRS20b. It was sold as MCER 2004 and resold as MCRR 2004. It was sold to National Ry Eqpt in 2003 and sold as GWRS 2004 in 2005.
Maine Narrow Gauge RR
1, 23 Ton, was built by General Electric in August 1949, #30491, as Whitin Machine Works 5. It was renumbered 1 and sold as Edaville RR 1 in 1967. It was sold as MNGR 1 in 1993.
3 was built by Vulcan in 1913, #2093. It went as Edaville RR 3 in 1943 and sold to Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum in 1993. It has been restored as Monson 3.
4 was built by Vulcan in 1918, #2780. It went to Edaville in 1943 and sold to MNGRM in 1993. It has been restored as Monson 4.
Portland Terminal RR
830, Class K, was built by Alco-Schenectady in 1918, Class K. It was transferred as Boston & Maine 830.
1002, HH600, Class DS-2d, was built by Alco in August 1936, #68731. It was scrapped in 1967.
1008, S1, Class DS-3b was built by Alco in November 1949, #77112. It was sold to Winnipesaukee RR as 1008 and then to New England Southern as 1008 and back to Winnipesaukee & Pemigewasset Valley as 1008.
1052, S2, Class DS-4b, was built by Alco on August 1945, #70244. It was sold as Bay Colony Ry 1052 in June 1982 and sold as Copperweld Steel Co 1052 in October 1995. It was sold to Ohio Central RR and restored as New York Chicago & St Louis 84 in 2004.
1061, S4, Class DS-4d, was built by Alco in September 1950, #78235, as Delaware & Hudson 3041, Class DES-69. It was reclassified Class S-10 in 1959 and sold as PTRR 1061, Class DS-4d, in January 1968. It was sold as BCLR 1061 in February 1983. It was retired in 1993 and scrapped in March 2004.
1062, S4, was built by Alco in September 1950, #78239, as Delaware & Hudson 3045, Class DES-69. It was reclassified Class S-10 in 1959 and sold as PTRR 1062, Class DS-4d, in August 1967. It was sold as Fore River RR 18 on July 23, 1981, and sold as Quincy Bay Terminal RR 18 in 1992.
1063, S4, Class DS-4d, was built by Alco in October 1950, #78406, as D&H 3047, Class DES-69. It was reclassified Class S-10 in 1959 and sold as PTRR 1063, Class DS-4d, on January 12, 1968. It was sold as BCLR 1063 in May 1983 and retired in September 1987. It was scrapped in March 1991.
1081, GP7, Class DRS-3d, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #13553, FN 6208-1. It became Maine Central 581 in March 1957 and rebuilt in March 1954. It became Springfield Terminal RR 20.
1082, RS11, Class DRS-1f, was built by Alco in June 1956, #81617. It was renumbered as MeC 802, Class DRS-1f, in November 1956 and scrapped in 1988.
Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes RR
This 2 foot line was organized in 1908 and operated approximately 112 miles in Franklin County. It took over a number of other small lines and closed in 1936.
10 was built by Baldwin in 1916, #42231. It was scrapped in 1936.
22 was built by Baldwin in 1904, #23755, as Eustis RR 9. It was transferred as SR&R 22 in 1911 and scrapped in 1936.
21 was built by Jackson & Sharp in 1903. It was acquired as Edaville RR 21.
Sanford & Eastern RR
9, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1949, #30185. It was transferred as Claremont & Concord 9 in August 1961. It was rebuilt by Johnson Railway Service as Gold Kist Inc 94 in 1994.
18, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1951, #31114. It became C&C 17 in May 1961 and sold as Donohue Brothers no number in 1974. It was sold as Andrew Merrilees Ltd D-1 in 1986 and sold as Canadian Steel Foundries no number in 1988.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of Pope Saint Boniface IV
Have caution in not allowing yourself to be struck down by adversity nor becoming vain by prosperity.
-- St. Clare of Assisi