Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Louisville & Nashville RR

Electro-Motive GP7 Diesels

388, Class GP-7, was built in March 1950, #8872, FN 5010-1, as Chicago & Eastern Illinois 203. It was renumbered 68 in 1967 and became L&N 388, Class GP-7, in 1969. It was sold and rebuilt in 1978 as Maine Central 592. It later became Springfield Terminal 12.

389, Class GP-7, was built in March 1950, #8874, FN 5010-3,  as C&EI 205.  It was renumbered 70 in 1967 and became L&N 389, Class GP-7, in 1969.  It was renumbered 2200 and renumbered 2370.  It was rebuilt at Uceta in September 1982 as Seaboard Coast Line 4807.  It became Seaboard System RR 4807 and later renumbered 1853.  It then became CSX Transportation 1853, Class GP-16, and retired on April 30, 1992.  It was sold for scrap to Steel Processors in December 1992.

390, Class GP-7, was built in March 1950, #8875, FN 5010-4, as C&EI 206.  It was renumbered 71 in 1967 and became L&N 390, Class GP-7, in 1969.  It was renumbered 2201 and renumbered 2372.  It was rebuilt at Uceta in September 1982 and became SCL 4808.   It became SBD 4808 in January 1983 and renumbered 1854 in 1984.  It became CSX 1854, Class GP-16, in April 1986 and retired on April 30, 1992.  It was sold for scrap to Steel Processors in December 1992.

393, Class GP-7. was built in April 1950, #8878, FN 5010-7, as C&EI 209.  It was renumbered 74 in 1967 and became L&N 393, Class GP-9 in 1969.  It was sold as MEC 593 in December 1978 and chopped nose in July 1980.

394, Class GP-7, was built in April 1950, #8879, FN 5010-8, as C&EI 210.  It was renumbered 75 in 1967 and became L&N 394, Class GP-9 in 1969.  It was sold as National Railway Passenger Corp 780 and sold as Black River & Western RR 780.  It was transferred as Belvidere & Delaware River RR 780 in 1996.

395, Class GP-7, was built in April 1950, #8880, FN 5010-9, as C&EI 211.  It was rebuilt in April 1960 and renumbered 76 in 1967.  It became L&N 395, Class GP-9, in 1969 and renumbered 2210.  It was renumbered 2375 and became SBD 2375 in January 1983.  It was renumbered 627 in 1984.

396, Class GP7-, was built in April 1950, #8894, FN 5010-11, as C&EL 213.  It was renumbered 78 in 1967 and became L&N 396, Class GP-7, IN 1999.  It was renumbered 2378 and became SBD 2378 in January 1984.  It was renumbered 628 in 1984.

397, Class GP-7, was built in April 1950, #10246, FN 6015-2, as C&EI 218. It was renumbered 83 in 1967 and became L&N 397, Class GP-7, in 1969. It was renumbered 2239 and later as 2377. It was scrapped.

399, Class GP-7, was built in April 1950, #10248, FN 6015-4, as C&EI 220.  It was renumbered 85 in 1967 and became L&N 399, Class GP-7, in 1969.  It was renumbered 490 and renumbered 2369.  It was rebuilt at Uceta in September 1982 as SCL 4806 and became SBD 4806 in January 1983.  It was renumbered 1852 in 1984 and became CSX 1852, Class GP-16, in April 1986.  It was retired on February 19, 1993, and sold to National Railway Equipment Co.

404, Class GP-7, was built in April 1951, #12390, FN 5067-5.  It was renumbered 2262 and again renumbered 2380.  It became SBD 2380 and sold as Buckingham Branch RR 8851.  It was renumbered 1 "The Pete Peters".

414, Class GP-7, was built in August 1952, #17242, FN 5128-5. It was renumbered 2304 and rebuilt at Uceta in August 1982 as SCL 4804, Class GP-16. It later became SBD 4804 and later renumbered 1805. It then became CSX Transportation 1850, Class GP-16. It was retired in July 23, 1992, and sold to Minnesota Valley RR as 1850 and sold to Santa Fe Southern as 93 in 1993.

430, Class GP-7, was built in February 1953, #17761, FN 5132-9. In 1978 it was sold to Maine Central and rebuilt as 590. It later became Springfield Terminal 10 and was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment in October 2002.

432, Class GP-7, was built in February 1953, #17763. FN 5132-11. It was later Amtrak 771 and sold to LTEX in January 2003.

458, GP7, Class GP-7, was built in March 1951, #11240, FN 5032-3 as Nashville Chattanooga & St Louis 721, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1604, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 458, Class GP-7, in 1965.    It was renumbered 2347 and became SBD 2347 in January 1983.  It was sold as Michigan Northern Ry 1604.

475, Class GP-7, was built in September 1950, #10543, FN 5024-2, a NC&StL 707, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1707, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 475, Class GP-7.  It was renumbered 2358 and became Seaboard System 2358 in January 1983.  It was rebuilt by MK in July 1994, #29003, as Union Pacific 1299, Class MK12G, on July 12, 1994.  It was assigned as UP 99 in December 1997, but retired on July 1, 1998.  It was stored at Boise until it became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 1203, Class MK1200G, in 2005.  It was retired in September 2012.

477, Class GP-7, was built in September 1950, #10550, FN 5024-4, as NC&StL 709, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1709, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 477, Class GP-7, in 1965.  It was renumbered 2360 and became SBD 2360 in January 1983.

479, Class GP-7, was built in September 1950, #10552, FN 5024-6, as NC&StL 711, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1711, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 479, Class GP-7. in 1965.  It was renumbered 2361 and became SBD 2361 in January 1983.

493, Class GP-7, was built in January 1950, #7442, FN 5000-4, as NC&StL 703, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1703, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 493, Class GP-7, in 1965.  It was sold as National Railway Passenger Corp 781 and resold to Helm Leasing Corp as HLCX 781.  It was sold as Green Valley Coal Co 781 in 2012.

495, Class GP-7, was built in January 1950, #10546, FN 5000-6, as NC&StL 705, Class GP-7.  It became L&N 1705, Class GP-7N, and renumbered 495, Class GP-7, in 1965,  It was sold as Amtrak 782 and resold to Black River & Western for parts.  It was then sold to Vintage Locomotives Inc as VLIX 782.

500, Class GP-7, was built in April 1951, #14459, FN 5116-1.  It was renumbered 450 in 1965 and renumbered 2339.  It was rebuilt at Uceta in August 1982 and became SCL 4802.  It became SBD 4802 in January 1983 and renumbered 1848 in 1984.  It became CSX 1848, Class GP-16, in April 1986, and retired on April 30, 1992.  It was sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal.

511, Class GP-7, was built in February 1953, #17779, FN 5247-5.  It was renumbered 2391 and became became SBD 2391 in January 1983.  It was sold as Alabama & Florida RR 2391 and transferred as Wiregrass Central RR 2391 in 1993.  It was transferred as Nash County RR 2391 in 1994 and Atlantic & Gulf RR 2391 in 1994.  It was transferred as Georgia & Florida Railnet 2391 in 1997 and transferred as Lexington & Ohio RR 2391 in 1998.  It was transferred as Knoxville & Holston River RR 2391.

 

Roster help:  Randy Keller

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/11/2017

Memorial of Saint Ansilio

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do.

--St. Thomas Aquinas