Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Ontario Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

Abitibi-Price Co.

There is a page on this international paper company.


Algoma Steel Co.

 

51, SW900, was built by General Motors in June 1974, #A2060.


Buckwheat & Durham RR

1, HLB 25 Ton, was built by Plymouth in April 1936, #3835, as Pioneer & Fayette RR 10. It was formerly 102 and rebuilt in 1970.  It was sold to Colasanti's Tropical Garden in December 1993 and lettered as B&D 1.  It became W. G. Thompson & Sons Ltd 1 in January 1996.


Canada Starch Operating Co.

77 was built by CLC-Westinghouse in December 1929, #1861, as Canadian National 7700, Class Q-1-a. It was renumbered 77 in 1950 and later reclassified LS-4a. It was rebuilt in 1953 and then sold to Casco as 77 in 1962.

9, SW8, was built by General Motors in February 1951, #A192, as Canadian National 8512, Class Q-7-a. It was reclassified Class GS-10b in September 1954 and renumbered 7162, Class DS-8a, in June 1956. It was sold to Andrew A Merrilles as 9 in 1987 and sold as Canada Starch Operating Co 9 in September 1988.


 Combustion Engineering Co.

No number, BCL-TC 16 Ton, was built by Brookville Locomotive in January 1973, #5000. as Caloric Corp, no number.  It was sold as Combustion Engineering Co, no number, in 1983.


Dominion Foundries & Steel Co.

Dofasco Inc.

Arcelor Mittel Dofasco

410, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19071, FN 4250-1, as Aliquippa & Southern Ry 800 SW8.  It was transferred as Cuyahoga Valley RR 800 and sold as International Steel Group 800.  It was renumbered 298 and sold to Doug Fink.  It was sold to Rail Trust Equipment as RTEX 410 and sold to Dominion Foundries & Steel Co as Dofasco 410 in January 2004.  It became Arcelor Mittel Dofasco 410 in November 2007 and rebuilt as 1GS7B, by National Railway Equipment in May 2014, #202-410.

426, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1946, #4108, Canadian National 7937, Class Q-5-a.  It became Class GS-10a in September 1954 and sold to Dofasco as 26 in May 1979.  It was renumbered 426 and sold to Cyprus Amax Minerals Co as CLMX 108.

427, SW8, was built by General Motors in November 1951, #A296, as Canada Gulf & Terminal Ry 102.  It was sold as Dofasco 27 in November 1980 and renumbered 427.  It was rebuilt as a slug.


Essex Terminal Ry

101, S1, was built by Alco in December 1941, #69824, as Canadian Car & Munitions Co 5. It was sold to ET as 101 in 1946 and later was sold to Don Hearn & Son as 200. It later was sold to LaSalle Packaging Co as 200..

102, GP9, was built by General Motors in August 1963 as Algoma Central 172. It was sold to ET as 102 in 1986.

103, S3, was built by Montreal in June 1952, #77282. It was sold to DH&S as 300 and later to LSPCo as 300.

106, C420, was built by Alco in June 1963, #84721, as Lehigh & Hudson River 22. It was sold to ET as 106 in January 1973 and later to Arkansas & Missouri as 50 in 1986.


E. F. & G. E. Fauquier

4 was built by Pittsburgh in January 1896, #1592, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 82.  It was renumbered 9153, Class F-102, in 1907 and sold to Atlantic Equipment Co  It was sold as Fauquier 4.  It was sold to Maritime Coal Ry & Power Co as Maritime Ry 5 in May 1920.  It was donated to Canadian Railway Historical Society in November 1961.


Goodrich-Exeter RR

This was a RailAmerica line.


Don Hearn & Son

200, S1, was built by Alco in December 1941, #69824, as Canadian Car & Munitions Co 5. It was sold to Essex Terminal Ry as 101 in 1946 and later was sold to DH&S as 200. It later was sold to LaSalle Packaging Co as 200.

300, S3, was built by Montreal in June 1952, #77282, as ETRy 103. It was sold to DH&S as 300 and later to LSPCo as 300.


Indusmin Ltd.

11, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1942, #15124, as Minneapolis & St Louis D-842.  It was renumbered 11 in March 1956 and rebuilt by General Electric  in February 1957 as Canadian National 6, Class ER-4-c.  It was sold as IL 6 on April 14, 1970, and sold as A A Merrilees AMLX6 in 1974.


Lake Ontario Steel Co.

2, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in August 1950, #30453, as Okmulgee Northern RR 7.  It was merged as St Louis-San Francisco 12 in 1964 and sold to Andrew Merrilees Co in September 1965.  It was then sold to LOSCo as 2 in December 1968.

51, 43 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1939, #12496. as Wabash RR 51, Class D-3.  It was sold as Andrew Merriles Ltd 51 in 1961 and leased as LOSCo 51 in January 1965.  It was returned to Merriles in April 1967 and sold as Atlas Stainless Steel no number in April 1967.


LaSalle Packaging Co.

200, S1, was built by Alco in December 1941, #69824, as Canadian Car & Munitions Co 5. It was sold to Essex Terminal RR as 101 in 1946 and later was sold to Don Hearn & Son as 200. It later was sold to LSPCO as 200..

300, S3, was built by Montreal in June 1952, #77282, as ETRy 103. It was sold to DH&S as 300 and later to LSPCo as 300.


Maple Leaf Mills

35, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.


Mattawa-Temiskaming Excursion Co

2582, Class MR-20d, was built by Bombardier in 1981, #M6115-03, as Canadian National 2582, Class MR-20s.  It was renumbered 3582 in 1986 and retired on February 13, 1998.  It was sold as Rail Link-Ottawa Valley 3582 on February 20, 1998, and leased as MTECo 3582 in 1998.  It was sold as St Thomas & Eastern RR 3582 in 2003.


Ontario L'Original RR

This was a RailAmerica line.


Ontario Paper Co.

2, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1947, #29051.  It was rebuilt as Quebec North Shore Paper Co 2 in 1950 and ballasted as 50 Tons.


Ontario Southland Ry.

51, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1947, #5703,FN E998-1, as Toronto Hamilton & Buffalo 51.  It was sold as OSRy 51 in September 1993.

378, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1951, #14008, FN 5079-2, as Minneapolis St Paul & Sault Ste Marie 378.  It became Soo Line RR 378 in 1962 and sold as OSRy 378 in September 1999.

507, RS23, was built by Montreal in August 1960, #83290, as Sydney & Louisburg 201.  It became Devco Ry 201 in September 1967 and sold as Spruce Falls Power & Paper Co 109 in April 1984.  It was taken over as Tembec Co 109 in 1997 and sold as OSRy 507 in 2008.


S. G. Paikin

1134, G8, was built in by General Motors in June 1954, #A613, as Canadian National 7672, Class GR-9a.  It was renumbered 1572 in 1954 and renumbered 1102 in 1956.  It was renumbered as 852 in 1957.  It was rebuilt in 1957 and sold as Columbia Cellulose Co 1134.  It was sold as S G Paikin 85 and sold as Cargill Inc 1134 in 1981.


Port Colborne Harbor Ry.

3575, M420W, was built by Montreal in June 1977, #M6092-16, as Canadian National 2575, Class MR-20c. It was renumbered 3582 in 1986 and retired on March 18, 1996,  It was leased as Hudson Bay Ry 3575 in 1996 and sold as St Thomas & Eastern 3575 in 1998.  It was transferred as PCHR 3575 in 1999 and sold as Kelowna Pacific Ry 3575 in 2000.  It was sold as Lake States RR 3575 in 2004 and scrapped.


Port Stanley Terminal Rail

62 was built by National Steel Car Co in 1914, as Toronto Hamilton & Buffalo 62.  It was sold as PSTR 62.


Rail Link - Ottawa Valley

This was a RailAmerica line.


Saint Thomas & Eastern RR

3575, M420W, was built by Montreal in June 1977, #M6092-16, as Canadian National 2575, Class MR-20c. It was renumbered 3582 in 1986 and retired on March 18, 1996,  It was leased as Hudson Bay Ry 3575 in 1996 and sold as ST&E 3575 in 1998k  It was transferred as Port Colborne Harbor Ry 3575 in 1999 and sold as Kelowna Pacific Ry 3575 in 2000.  It was sold as Lake States RR 3575 in 2004 and scrapped.

3582, M420W, was built by Bombardier in 1981, #M6115-03. as CN 2582, Class MR-20d. It was renumbered 3582 in 1986 and retired on February 13, 1998.  It was sold as Rail Link-Ottawa Valley 3582 on February 20, 1998, and leased as Mattawa-Temiskaming Excursion Co 3582 in 1998.  It was sold as ST&E 3582 in 2003.


Steel Co. Of Canada

Stelco, Inc.

This was a large steel plant.


Tembec Co.

Spruce Falls Power & Paper Co.

201, RS23, was built by Montreal in August 1960, #83290, as Sydney & Louisburg 201.  It became Devco Ry 201 in September 1967 and sold as Spruce Falls Power & Paper Co 109 in April 1984.  It was taken over as Tembec Co 109 in 1997 and sold as Ontario Southland Ry 507 in 2008.


W. G. Thompson & Sons Ltd.

1, HLB 25 Ton, was built by Plymouth in April 1936, #3835, as Pioneer & Fayette RR 10. It was formerly 102 and rebuilt in 1970.  It was sold to Colasanti's Tropical Garden in December 1993 and lettered as Buckwheat & Durham RR 1.  It became WGT 1 in January 1996.


Thousand Islands Ry.

44, Class X-9-a, was built by Grand Trunk in February 1892, #1251, as Grand Trunk 41, Class K1.  It was renumbered 273 in 1898 and renumbered 208 in 1904.  It was renumbered 1533 in 1910 and transferred as TI 44 in December 1927.  It was scrapped in 1931.

500, Class LS-3-a, was built by Oshawa Ry in 1927.  It was retired in 1965 and donated to the Ganonoque city.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/20/2017

Presents' Day

Memorial of Saint Eucherius of Orleans

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Start by doing what is necessary; then do what is possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

-- St. Francis of Assisi