Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Union Pacific

 

Electro-Motive SD40 Diesels

3000, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31414, FN 7865-1.  It was retired on February 9, 1987, and sold to National Ry Equipment as NHL 3000 in November 1987.  It was sold to Morrison-Knudsen as assigned 9403 in 1994 but rebuilt by MK in February 24, 1995, as Southern Pacific 8625.  It was assigned UP  4651 and became UP 2701 February 5, 2002.

3004, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31418, FN 7865-5.  It was retired on August 21, 1991, and sold to National Railway Equipment as NRE 3004 and sold to MK as MKCX 9404 in early 1994.  It was rebuilt as SD40M-2 at Boise and completed as Canadian Pacific 5499 on April 27, 1995.

3008, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31422, FN 7865-9.  It was retired on October 8, 1992, and sold to National Railway Equipment in August 1993.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen in January 1994 and rebuilt by MK Rail as SP 8635 on June 3, 1994.  It was assigned UP 4661 and became UP 2711, Class SD40M-2, on January 6, 2004.

3012, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31426, FN 7865-13.  It was retired on October 23, 1999, and sold to Helm Financial on May 5, 1992.  It was sold to Precision National as PNCX 3012.

3014, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31428, FN 7865-15. It was retired on October 23, 1981.  It was sold to Helm Leasing on March 17, 1993, and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as Southern Pacific 8631 on May 13, 1994. It was assigned UP 4657 but retired.

3015, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31429, FN 7865-16.  It was retired on October 8, 1992, and sold as HLCX 3015 on May 28, 1993.  It was rebuilt by AMF Montreal on September 1993 and sold as I&M Rail Link 207 in April 1997.  It was retired at Huron SD on March 12, 2003, and sold for parts to National Railway Equipment in 2008.

3016, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31430, FN 7865-17.  It was retired on August 17, 1988, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on October 24, 1988.  It was sold to Wisconsin Central Ltd in 1989 as lease unit 3016 and then to Wheeling & Lake Erie as 3016 in August 1992. It was rebuilt in September 2000 as SD40-3.

3018, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31432, FN 7865-19.  It was retired on January 30, 1989, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on June 6, 1989.  It was sold to PLM Leasing as 3018 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen on September 7, 1990, as SD40M-2.  It was sold to MK and rebuilt on October 26, 1993, as 9052, SD40-3.  It was sold to Helm and leased as TFM 1506.  It was returned as HATX 1506 and renumbered 6320.  It was sold for scrap in October 2012.

3019, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31433, FN 7865-20.  It was retired on March 9, 1989, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on June 6, 1989.  It was sold PLM as 3019 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by MK on August 27, 1990, as SD40M-2.  It was sold to MK and rebuilt on February 14, 1994, as 9054, SD40-3.  It was sold as HLCX 6301 on August 26, 1996, and leased as TFM 1512.  It was returned as HATX 6301 and scrapped in November 2012.

3022, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31436, FN 7865-23.  It was retired on February 9, 1987, and to Helm on January 11, 1988, and sold to National Ry Equipment on March 14, 1989.  It was leased as NREX 3022  and sold to Morrison-Knudsen and assigned as MKCX 9405 in early 1994.  It was rebuilt by MK Rail completed as a SD40M-2 as CP 5491.

3024, Class SD40, was built in March 1966, #31438, FN 7865-25.  It was retired on August 10, 1987, and sold to Helm on January 11, 1988.  It was sold to National Ry Equipment on March 14, 1989.  It was stripped of parts and sold too Livingston Rebuild Center in November 1989.  The frame was used to construct Montana Rail Link 252, SD40-2XR, on June 12, 1990.

3027, Class SD40, was built in April 1966, #31577, FN 7868-3.  It was retired June 5, 1991, and sold as National Railway Equipment 3027 on October 9, 1991.  It was sold and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as SP 8658 on October 3, 1994.  It was assigned UP 4684 and became UP 2734 on December 4, 2003.

3034, Class SD40, was built in April 1966, #31584, FN 7868-10.  It was retired on August 17, 1988, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on October 24, 1988.  It was sold to Wisconsin Central Ltd in 1989 as lease unit 3034 and then to Wheeling & Lake Erie as 3034 in August 1992. It was rebuilt in July 1999 as SD40-3.

3041, Class SD40X, was built in February 1965, #29874, FN 5673-2, as General Motors 434B.  It was sold as UP 3041 in February 1966.  It was retired on January 3, 1989, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on March 17, 1989.  It was sold to PLM Leasing Co as 3041 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on September 30, 1990, as SD40-2.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen and rebuilt on November 19, 1993, as 9051, SD40-3.  It was sold to Helm as 6399 on August 26, 1996, and leased as Transportacion Ferroviaria Mexicano 1507.  It was returned as HATX 1507.

3048, Class SD40, was built in October 1966, #32400, FN 7932-1. It was retired on August 17, 1988, and sold to Wilson Ry on October 24, 1988. It was sold to WCLtd in 1989 as lease unit 3048 and then to W&LE as 3048 in August 1992. It was rebuilt in December 1998 as SD40-3.

3049, Class SD40, was built in October 1966, #32401, FN 7932-2. It was retired on August 17, 1988, and sold to Wilson on October 24, 1988. It was sold to WCLtd in 1989 as lease unit 3049 and then to W&LE as 3049 in August 1992. It was rebuilt in June 2000 as SD40-3.

3052, Class SD40, was built in October 1966, #32404. FN 7932-5.  It was retired on April 12, 1989, and sold to Wilson Railway Co on June 6, 1989.  It was sold as PLM 3052 in August 1989 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as SD40-2 on September 6, 1990.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen in April 1993 and rebuilt as Motive Power Iinternational 9049 on September 2, 1993, SD40-M2.  It was sold as Helm Leasing 6223 on August 26, 1996, and leased as Transportacion Ferroviaria Mexicano 1509.  It was returned as Helm 1509.

3059, Class SD40, was built in October 1966, #32410, FN 7932-11. It was sold to Morrison Knudsen as 8304 on August 23, 1989, and rebuilt as 9022 on September 12, 1990. It was sold to Helm Leasing as 6060 on April 15, 1996.

3067, Class SD40, was built in November 1966, #32419, FN 7932-20. It was retired on August 17, 1988, and sold to Wilson on October 24, 1988. It was sold to WCLtd in 1989as lease unit 3067 and then to W&LE as 3067 in August 1992. It was rebuilt in April 1999 as SD40-3.

3068, Class SD40, was built in November 1966, #32420, FN 7932-21. It was retired on August 17, 1988, and sold to Wilson on October 24, 1988. It was to WCLtd in 1989 as lease unit 3068 and then to W&LE as 3068 in August 1992. It was rebuilt in September 1999 as SD40-3.

3072, Class SD40, was built in December 1966, #32424, FN 7932-25.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen on February 9, 1989, and rebuilt as MPI 9015 on February 3, 1990.  It was transferred as MK 9015 and back as MPI 9015 in January 1997.  It was sold as Helm 9015.

3073, Class SD40, was built in December 1966, #32425, FN 7932-26.  It was retired on September 31, 1988, and sold to Wilson on October 24, 1988.  It was sold to WCLtd in 1989 as lease unit 3073 and then to W&LE as 3073 in August 1992.  It was rebuilt in December 1999 as SD40-3.

3074, Class SD40, was built in December 1966, #32426, FN 7932-27.  It was retired on July 17, 1989,  and was sold on August 23, 1989.  It was rebuilt as MPI 9016 on February 7, 1990.  It was transferred as MK 9016 and back as MP 9016 and as Helm 9016.

3085, Class SD40, was built in August 1971, #37641, FN 7324-3.  It was retired on October 23, 1991, and sold as HLCX 6201 on July 13, 1992.  It was renumbered 6325 and scrapped by Becker Iron & Metal in October 2012.

3098, Class SD40, was built in September 1971, #37904, FN 7324-16.  It was retired on October 8, 1992, and sold as NRE 3098 in August 1993.  It was sold to Morrison Knudsen in January 1994 and rebuilt on July 29, 1994, as SP 8647.  It was assigned UP 4673 and became UP 2723, Class SD40M-2, on March 20, 2003.

3104, Class SD40, was built in September 1971, #37910, FN 7324-22. It was retired on January 30, 1989, and was sold to Wilson on June 6, 1989. It was sold to PLM Leasing Co in August 1989, It was rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen in August 31, 1990, and sold to MK in April 1998. MK rebuilt it as SD40-3 on April 4, 1994, as MK 9053. It was then sold to Helm as 6300 on August 26, 1996. It was leased to Transportacion Ferroviaria Mexicano as 1511 and later returned to Helm.

3105, Class SD40, was built in September 1971, #37911, FN 7324-23.  It was retired on October 8, 1992, and sold to Helm on May 26, 1993.  It was rebuilt by AMF as HLCX 3105 on July 16, 1993, and rebuilt by Boise Locomotive on May 21, 1997, as HLCX 6075, SD40M-2.

3114, Class SD40, was built in October 1971, #37920, FN7324-32. It was retired on July 17, 1989, and sold to Morrison Knudsen on December 7, 1989. It was rebuilt in Boise as June 2, 1990, as CSX Transportation 8441, Class SD40-2.

(4000), Class SD40, was built in March 1957, #32968, FN 7962-1, as Missouri Pacific 700. It was renumbered 3000 in 1978 aand assigned to Union Pacific as 4000 in July 1985. It was retired on January 30, 1989, and was sold to Wilson Railway Co on March 17, 1989. It was sold to  PLM Leasing Co as 3000 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in September 27, 1990, as SD40-2. It was sold to MK and rebuilt as SD40-3 on August 13, 1993, as 9049, and then sold to Helm Leasing as 6305 on August 26, 1996. It was leased to Transportacion Ferroviaria Mexicano as 1508 and later returned as HATX 1508.

(4003), Class SD40, was built in March 1967, #32971, FN 7962-4, as MP 703. It was renumbered 3003 in March 1974 and later as UP assigned 4003 in July 1985. It was retired on October 4, 1988, and was sold to Wilson on October 24, 1988. It was sold to Wisconsin Central Ltd in 1989 as lease unit 4003 and then to Wheeling & Lake Erie as 4003 in August 1992. It was rebuilt on May 1, 1998, as SD40-3.

(4007), Class SD40, was built in March 1967, #32975, FN 7962-8, as MP 707.  It was renumbered 3007 in March 1974 and later as UP assigned 4007, Class SD40, in July 1985.  It was retired on October 9, 1992.  It was rebuilt by AMC and rebuilt as HLCX 3007 on March 14, 1994.

(4008), Class SD40, was built in March 1967, #32976, FN 7962-9, as MP 708.  It was renumbered 3008 in March 1974 and later as UP assigned 4008, Class SD40, in July 1985.  It was retired on June 5, 1991, and sold as Helm Leasing 3008.  It was sold as National Ry Equipment Co 3008 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on July 25, 1994, as Southern Pacific 8645.  It was assigned Union Pacific 4671, Class SD40M-3, and became UP 2721 on May 29, 2004.  It was returned as NREX 2721.

(4009), Class SD40, was built in March 1967, #32977, FN 7962-10, as MP 709.  It was renumbered 3009 in March 1974 and was assigned UP 4009.  It was retired May 18, 1988, and sold as Helm 3009 on June 28, 1988.  It was sold as NRE 3009 on March 14, 1989, and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on July 27, 1994, as SP 8646.  It was assigned  UP 4672 and became UP 2722 on March 14, 2005.

(4010), Class SD40, was built in March 1967, #32978, FN 7962-11, as MP 710.  It was renumbered 3010 in March 1974 and was assigned UP 4010, Class SD40,in July 1985.  It was retiredon October 9, 1992, and sold to Helm on May 2, 1993.  It was overhauled at AMC Montreal as HLCX 3010 on December 16, 1993.  It was rebuilt by Boise Locomotive as HLCX 6058, SD40-3, on August 2, 1996.

(4011), Class SD40, was built in March 1967, #32979, FN 7962-12, as MP 722.  It was renumbered 3011 in March 1974 and was assigned UP 4011, Class SD40, in July 1985.  It was retired on November 30, 1988, and sold to VMV Enterprises on February 10, 1989.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on January 30, 1995, as SP 8688.  It was assigned UP 4714, Class SD40M-3, and became UP 2764 on October 15, 2003.  It was sold as NREX 2764.

(4013) Class SD40, was built in March 1967, #32981, FN 7962-14, as MP 713.  It was renumbered 3013 in March 1974 and was assigned to UP as 4013 in July 1985.  It was retired on October 6, 1988k and sold to Wilson Railway Co on October 24, 1988.  It was sold to WCLtd in 1989 as lease unit 4013 and renumbered 4018.  It was sold as W&LE 4018 in August 1992 and rebuilt as SD40-3 in February 1999.

(4029), Class SD40, was built in February 1968, #33780, FN 7995-10, as MP 729. It was renumbered 3029 in 1978 and assigned to UP as 4029 in July 1985. It was retired on January 30, 1989, and was sold to Wilson Railway Co on Marc 17, 1989. It was sold to PLM Leasing Co as 3029 in August 1989 and was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in April 1993 as SD40-3. It was sold to MK in February 24, 1994, as 9052, and then sold to Helm as 6303 on August 26, 1996. It was leased to TFM as 1514 and later returned.

(4059), Class SD40, was built in January 1970, #35730, FN 7214-6, as MP 759, SD40.  It was renumbered 3059 and assigned UP 4059 but retired on August 21, 1991.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment on October 9, 1991, and sold to Morrison Knudsen.  It was rebuilt as SP 8634 on May 27, 1994.  It was assigned UP 4669 and became UP 2710 on October 17, 2003.

(4064), Class SD40, was built in January 1970, #35735, FN 7214-11, as MP 764. It was renumbered 3064 in March 1974 and was assigned as UP 4064 in July 1985 and retired on October 9, 1992, It was by Helm May 26, 1993. It was overhauled by AMF and became 3064 on January 12, 1994. It was renumbered 6073 in 1997.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/23/2017

Memorial of Saint Giovanni Battista Rossi

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Go forth and set the world on fire.

--St. Ignatius of Loyola