Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

City Street Cars

Chicago & Milwaukee Electric Ry 354 was built by St Louis Car Co in January 1927, #1453.  It became the last car on August 12, 1951.  After abandonment, the cars were sent to North Chicago for scrapping. 354 was purchased by the president of the Chicago Hardware Foundry. It was painted into the green and red of CHF, but the motors were removed. The car was acquired by the Illinois Electric Railway Museum (now IRM). Restoration began in 1958 (I put many hours on the car), and it is now in operation in Union. When I visited the car in 1989 and 2000, it brought back many happy memories.

Chicago & West Towns Ry 141 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1924.  It was rebuilt in 1939 and the body sold as a shed in 1948.  It was purchased by Electric Railway Historical Society in 1958.  It went to IRM in 1973 and began restoring.

Chicago Surface Lines 144 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1908, as Chicago Railways 144.  It became Chicago Surface Lines 144 in 1914 and it was purchased in 1959.

Chicago Surface Lines 460 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1909, as CRys 460.  It became CSL 460 in 1914.  It was retained by Chicago Transit Authority and donated to IRM in 1985.

Chicago Surface Lines 1374 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1906 as Chicago Union Traction Co 4903.  It became Chicago Surface Lines 1374 in 1914 and became CTA AA63 in 1947.  It was sold to Electric Railway Historical Society in 1958 and transferred to IRM in 1973.  It was restored as CSL 1374.

Chicago Surface Lines 1467 was built by CUT in 1900 as CUT 4516.  It was rebuilt as 1467 in 1911 and became CSL 1467 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as salt car AA72 in 1948 and retired on February 28, 1958.  It was sold to Electric Railway Historical Society in 1959 and went to IRM in 1973.

Chicago Surface Lines 2843 was built by Jewett in 1903. #148,  as South Chicago City Ry 323.  It became Calumet & South Chicago Ry 828 in 1908 and renumbered 2843 in 1913.  It became CSL 2843 in 1914 and later converted as a salt car.  It was renumbered AA95 in 1948. and retired on June 18, 1959.  It was sold to ERHS in 1958 and donated to IRM in 1973.

Chicago Surface Lines 2846 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as 332.  It was rebuilt in 1907 and became Calumet & South Chicago Ry 831 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2846 in 1913 and became CSL 2846 in 1914.  It was converted to work service and renumbered AA98 in 1948.  It was retired on December 5, 1958.  It was sold to ERHS in 1958 and donated to IRM in 1973.

Chicago Surface Lines 3142 was built by Brill in 1923, #21686.  It was sold to ERHS in 1970 and transferred to IRM in 1973.

Chicago Surface Lines 4001 was built by Pullman-Standard in July 1934, #6429.  It was retired in 1944 and became a mobile classroom.  It was stored in March 1947 and officially retired on April 14, 1948.  It was used a storage barn after 1953 and sold to Electric Railway Historical Society in 1970.  It was transferred to IRM in 1973.

Chicago Surface Line 9020 was built by Brill in 1922, #21272.  It was sold to Electric Railway Historical Society in 1970 and transferred to IRM in 1973.

Chicago Transit Authority 4391 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1948, #1662.  It was sold to Electric Railway Historical Society in 1959 and transferred to IRM in 1973.

Cleveland Transit System 4223 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1946, #W6750.  It was sold as Toronto Transportation Commission 4648, Class A-11, in 1952 and sold to Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority in 1978.  It was never relettered and sold to IRM  1982.  It was retired shortly due to physical condition and it was began restoration as CTS 4223.

Compania de Luz Fuerza y Traccion de Veracruz 19 was built by Brill in 1914 .  It was sold to Trolleyville in Ohio in 1961 and sent to Lake Shore Electric Museum in 2006.  It was sold to IRM in December 2009.

Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 63 was built by St. Louis Car in July 1947, #1660, as Twin City Rapid Transit 352.  It was purchased in 1953 as Shaker Heights Rapid Transit 63 and was converted to MU operation.  It was donated to Trolleyville in 1985 and send to Lake Shore Electric Ry in 2006.  It was sold to IRM in December 2009.

Illinois Terminal RR 170 was built by American Car Co in 1921, #1263, as Galesburg Ry Lighting & Power Co 7.   It became Illinois Power & Light Co 7 in 1923 and transferred as ITRR 170 in 1932. The body became a yard office in the late 1930s and sold to IRM in June 1957.

Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co 966 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1927, #1466 .  It was sold to IRM in 1958 and is a parts source.

Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co 972 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1927, #1466.  It was sold to IRM in 1958.

West Chicago Street Ry 4 was built by Pullman in 1895, #840, as North Chicago Street RR 922.  It became Chicago Union Traction Co 4022 in 1899 and became Chicago Surface Lines 4022 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as West Chicago Street Ry 4 in 1933.  It went to IRM in 1985. 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/23/2016

Memorial of Saint Ethelwald of Farne

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Why are those who are notoriously undisciplined and unmoral also most contemptuous of religion and morality?  They are trying to solace their own unhappy lives by pulling the happy down to their own abysmal depths.

-- Archbishop Fulton J Sheen