Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Austin & Texas Central RR
Austin Steam Train Association
This group operates the Hill Country Flyer out of Austin.
786, Class MK-5, was built by Alco-Brooks in August 1916, #55972, as Houston & Texas Central 786, Class MK-5. It was relettered the following month as Texas & New Orleans 786, Class MK-5. It was rebuilt at Houston on March 1, 1931, and again on November 29, 1941. It was retired and given to the City of Austin on March 24, 1956. After many years of display, it was removed from display in February 1990 and completely rebuilt. The first run was July 25, 1992. In 1999 a crack in the cylinder saddle was discovered and the locomotive is undergoing another complete rebuilding.
442, RSD15, was built by Alco in June 1960, #83578 as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 842 Class 800. It was renumbered 9842 Class 9800, in 1970, and sold to Precision National Corp in 1975. They sold it to Squaw Creek Coal Co as 9842 in 1975. It later became Peabody Coal Co 9842 and then was sold to Indiana Hi-Rail as 9842 in 1988. It was soon renumbered 442. It was sold to A&TC as 442 in 2000.
443, RSD15, was built by Alco in June 1960, #83579, as AT&SF 843, Class 800. It was renumbered 9843, Class 9800, in 1970, and sold to Precision National in 1975. They sold it to SCCo as 9843 in 1975. It later became Peabody 9843 and then was sold to IHR as 9843 in 1988. It was soon renumbered 443. It became A&TC 443 in 2000, but is leased from a private owner.
Bertram station was demolished in 1964, and the site sat vacant through the 1990s. The San Antonio & Aransas Pass depot from Orange Grove, Texas was moved to this site in March of 1998 and was restored over a five year period.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Saint Abban
A soul which does not practice the exercise of prayer is very like a paralyzed body which, though possessing feet and hands, makes no use of them.
--St, Alphonsus Liguori