Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Indiana Hi-Rail Corp.

 

Indiana Hi-Rail was a collection of disconnected branch lines in Indiana and Illinois. It ended operations in December 1997 at the order of the bankruptcy court. Many of the lines went to other operators.

 

105, S4, was built by Alco in October 1951, #79225, as Fairport Painesville & Eastern RR 105.   It was sold as Railway Equipment Leasing Corp 1053 and then sold as IHR 105.  It was then sold as Cargill Inc 105.

167, RS1, was built by Alco in April 1950, #77476, as Long Island RR 467, Class AGP-10msc. It later became IHR as 467 and later renumbered as 167.

203, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960,  #25564, FN 7583-4, as Great Northern 2003, Class GP-20.  It became Burlington Northern 2003, Class GP-20, in 1970 and retired in August 1986.  It was sold as IHR 203 in December 1986 and became Wabash Central RR 3 in 1999.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 3 in 2006 and upgraded it.

216, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #23362, FN 4393-3, as Baltimore & Ohio 9616, Class SE-6.  It was reclassified as Class SW-1200 in 1965 and retired on May 12, 1987 and sold to IHR as 216 on August 17, 1987.  It became Wabash & Erie RR 216 on June 26, 1994, and sold as Redland Ohio Inc 216 in 1995.  It was sold to Mobile Locomotive Services Inc as LOCX 216 in 2007.

223, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1955, #20660, FN 4313-5, as Terminal RR of St. Louis 1223, Class D-9.  It was reclassified as Class E.12 and resold as IHR 234.

234, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1965, #30004, FN 7779-1, as TRRA 1234, Class E-12. It was sold to IHR as 234 and was taken by Wabash & Ohio as 234. In 1995 it was sold to Saginaw Valley RR as 998.

312, C424, was built by Alco in July 1964, #3375-01, as Green Bay & Western 312 "The Homer E McGee. It became Wisconsin Central 312 in 1993 and sold as IHR 312 in 1994.  It was sold as Martin Marietta Materials 312 in 1995.

316, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1960, #25704, FN 7583-17, as GN 2016, Class GP-20.  It became BN 2016, Class GP-20, in 1970, and retired in August 1986.  It was sold as IHR 316 in December 1986 became W&O 316.

325, C425, was built by Alco in May 1966, #3423-03, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 312.  It became Burlington Northern 4252, Class A-425, in 1970 and was sold to Chrome Locomotive in August 1980. It was then sold to Kyle RR as 4252 and later to IHR where it was renumbered 325. It later was taken over by W&O.

326, C425, was built by Alco in July 1965, #3423-06, as SP&S 315.  It became BN 4255, Class C-425, in 1970 and was retired and sold to Chrome in August 1980.  It then went as Kyle 4255 and later sold to IHR as 326.

327, C425, was built by Alco in June 1966, #3461-06, as SP&S 323. It became BN 4263, Class A-425, in 1970 and was sold to Chrome Locomotive in August 1980. It was then sold to Kyle as 4263 and later to IHR where it was renumbered 327. It later was taken over by W&O.

332, C420, was built by Alco in August 1967, #3490-09, as Monon RR 515.  It became Louisville & Nashville 1332, Class C-420, and sold to IHR as 1332 in 1986 and later renumbered 332.  It was later sold to Indiana Box Car Co as 332 and then Arkansas -Oklahoma RR as 332.

334, C420, was built by Alco in August 1967, #3490-11, as Monon 517. It became L&N 1334, Class C-420, in August 1971 and was sold to IHR as 1334 in 1986. It was later renumbered 334 before being taken over by W&O.  It was sold as IBCCo 334 and later Delaware-Lackawanna RR 334.

344, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1952, #17005, FN 5170-6, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2778, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt in August 1980 at Cleburne as 2203, Class 2050. and sold as IHR 344.  It became Wabash & Erie RR 344 and later sold as Rio Valley Switching Corp 1744.

346, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18904, FN 6525-5, as AT&SF 2887, Class 2650. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in January 1979 as 2150, Class 2050, and retired in April 1989. It was sold to IHR as 346 in August 1989, and later to Octoraro RR as 346.

365, C420, was built by Alco in June 1965, #3418-15, as Seaboard Air Line 124. It became Seaboard Coast Line 1226 in July 1967 and later Louisville & Nashville 1365, Class C-420, in August 1976. It was sold to IHR as 1365 in 1986 and later renumbered 365. It was later sold to Indiana Box Car Co as 365 and then AOK as 365.

371, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1964, #28793, FN 7710-2, as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 351.  It became Grand Trunk Western 6351 in January 1984 and sold as IHR 371.  It was sold as W&O 371 and rebuilt as Lake State Ry 371 "Lake Erie", GP38M.  It was rebuilt as 303, road slug.

442, RSD15, was built by Alco in June 1960, #83578 as AT&SF 842 Class 800. It was renumbered 9842 Class 9800, in 1970, and sold to Precision National Corp in 1975. They sold it to Squaw Creek Coal Co as 9842 in 1975. It later became Peabody Coal Co 9842 and then was sold to IHR as 9842 in 1988. It was soon renumbered 442. It was sold to Austin & Texas Central as 442 in 2000.

443, RSD15, was built by Alco in June 1960, #83579, as AT&SF 843, Class 800. It was renumbered 9843, Class 9800, in 1970, and sold to Precision National in 1975. They sold it to SCCCo as 9843 in 1975. It later became Peabody 9843 and then was sold to IHR as 9843 in 1988. It was soon renumbered 443. It became A&TC 443 in 2000, but is leased from a private owner.  It was leased to Arkansas Railroad Museum and restored as ATSF 843.

603, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1952, #80181, as Delaware & Hudson 4091, Class DERS-60.  It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and sold as Vermont Ry 603 in March 1972.  It was sold as Spencerville & Elgin RR 603 in 1984 and resold as IHR 603 in 1991. It was sold as Carrollton-Oneida-Minerva RR 603.

2097, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #17703, FN 6485-6, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2842, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2097, Class 2050, in June 1977 and retired in March 1990.  It was sold as IHR 2097 in 1990 and sold as Georgia Northeastern RR 2097 in 1991.  It was sold to Indiana Box Car Co as IBCX 2097 in 2004.  It was used on the Chesapeake & Indiana RR in 2005 and 2006 and Youngstown and Southeastern RR in 2007.  It was later retired.

3041, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1964, #29966, FN 7776-3, as Denver Rio Grande & Western 3041, Class DE B-B 62.  It was reclassified Class EF425D-2 and sold as Great Western Ry 3041 in January 1995.  It was planned to sell as IHR 3041 in May 1996 but it was not delivered.  It was transferred as Hudson Bay Ry 2501 in May 1997.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/4/2016

2nd Sunday in Advent

Memorial of Saint Bernardo degli Uberti

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Be patient, because the weaknesses of the body are given to us in this world by God for the salvation of the soul.  So they are of great merit when they are borne patiently.

--- St. Francis of Assisi