Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Northern Pacific

Electro-Motive GP9 Diesel Road Switchers

 

202, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1954, #19546, FN 5342-3. It became Burlington Northern 1702, Class GP-9, in 1970 and later Burlington Northern Santa Fe 1600, Class GP-9 on April 3, 1998.

206, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1955, #20338, FN 5395-3. It became BN 1706, Class GP-9, in 1960. It was rebuilt at Electro-Motive as 1590, Class GP28P, in March 1993 and later became BNSF 1590, Class GP28P, in January 2002.  It was renumbered 1540 on May 15, 2009.

207, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1955, #20339, FN 5385-4. It became BN 1707, Class GP-9, in 1970 and later BNSF 1601, Class GP-9, in February 1998. It was stored in January 2000 and retired in August 2000. 

211, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1955, #20343, FN 5385-8.  It became BN 1711, Class GP-9, in 1970 and leased to South Orient RR in 1995.  An electrical fire damage it in 1997 and sold for parts to SO.  It was donated to the Railway Museum of San Angelo in 2003 and repainted as South Orient RR 103 in October 2007.

212, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1955, #20344, FN 5385-9. It became BN 1712, Class GP-9, in 1970 and was retired in February 1990. It was sold to Yadkin Valley RR as 205 in April, 1990.

215, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1955, #20347, FN 5385-12.  It became BN 1841, Class GP-9, in 1970 and assigned as BNSF 1615, Class GP-9.  It was sold to Louis Dreyfus Corp as LDCX 2010 "The Judy Bradley".

218, GP-9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20305, FN 5384-1. It became BN 1844, Class GP-9, in 1970 and it was retired in July 1983. It was sold for scrap to Joseph Simon and Sons in August 1983.

220, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20307, FN 5384-3. It became BN 1846, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in June 1985 and sold to Coast Engine & Equipment in August 1985. It was then sold to Pend Orielle Valley as 2nd 102 in November 1985.

223, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20310, FN 5384-6. It became BN 1849, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in July 1983 and sold to Chrome Locomotive in September 1983. It was sold to Green Mountain RR 1849 in March 1984 and sold as Belvidere & Delaware River RR 1849 in August 1997.

224, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20311, FN 5384-7.  It became BN 1850, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in January 1987.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in August 1987 and sold as Farmrail Corp 8253 "Kickapoo".  It was marked to Grainbelt.

228, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20315, FN 5384-11.  It became BN 1854, Class GP-9, in 1970 and BNSF 1616, Class GP-9, in October 1998.  It was retired in November 2000 and sold to Coast Engine & Equipment in March 2003.  It was sold as Tri-City & Olympia RR 1616 and resold as Western Rail Services 1616 in 2007.  It was sold as BioFuel Energy 1616 in 2008

229, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20316, FN 5384-12.  It became BN 1855, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in June 1983.  It was sold as Central Vermont 4929 in December 1983.  It was sold to Rail Switching Service in December 1988 and leased to Fox River Valley RR in 1989.  It became Georgia Central 4929 on November 20, 1990. 

234, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20371, FN 5384-17.  It became BN 1860, Class GP9, in 1970.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as 1535, Class GP28M,  in January 1993.  It became BNSF 1535, Class GP28M, in March 2001.

237, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20374, FN 5384-20. It became BN 1863, Class GP-9, in 1970 and later BNSF 1619, Class GP-9, in January 1998. It was retired in April 2002.

238, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1955, #20641, FN 5384-21.  It became BN 1864, Class GP-9, 1970 and retired in December 1985.  It was sold for scrap to Southwest Railroad Car Parts in January 1986.

239, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1955, #20642, FN 5384-22.  It became BN 1865, Class GP-9, in 1970.  It was retired in July 1983 and sold to Chrome Crankshaft in September 1983.  It was sold to Cape Cod & Hyannis RR as 22 and sold as Georgia Southwestern RR 22.

240, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1955, #20643, FN 5384-23.  It became BN 1866, Class GP-9, in 1970.  It was retired in July 1983 and sold for scrap to Northwest Steel Rolling Mills in August 1983.

241, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1955 #20644, FN 5403-1.  It became BN 1714, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired on December 1, 1986. It was donated to the Leadville Colorado & Southern on December 13, 1987, and was repainted and relettered the following year.

245, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21090, FN 5454-2.  It became BN 1868, Class GP-9, in 1970 and assigned as BNSF 1620, Class GP-9.  It was sold to Independent Locomotive Service as ILS 1382 in December 1996.

246, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21091, FN 5425-1.  It became BN 1869, Class GP-9, in 1970.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in October 1992 as 1511, Class GP28M.  It became BNSF 1511, Class GP28M, on July 20, 2005.

249, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21094, FN 5425-4. It became BN 1872, Class GP-9 in 1970. It was retired in July 1983 and sold to Chrome Locomotive in September 1983. It was then sold to Rail-To-Water Transfer as 1872 in October 1984.

252, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956 #21097, FN 5425-7. It became BN 1875, Class GP-9, in 1970 and later BNSF 1621, Class GP-9, in June 1998. It was retired in November 2000.

255, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21427, FN 5425-11.  It became BN 1879, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold to Chrome Locomotive Co in September 1983.  It was sold as Clarendon & Pittsford 752 in November 1983 and later resold as Black River & Western 752.

260, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21432, FN 5425-15.  It became BN 1883, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold to Western Railroad Supply as IRLX 1104.  It was leased as North Star Steel Co 1104 and leased as Wilmer Rail Services 1104.  It was sold to Titan Rail and rebuilt as 1714.

263, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1956, #21220, FN 5430-3.  It became BN 1886, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in July 1983.  It was sold to Azcon Corp in August 1983 and sold as Iowa Northern RR 1886.

271, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1956 #21228, FN 5481-3. It became BN 1719, Class GP-9 in 1970. It was retired in May 1986 and sold to Central Montana Rail for parts.

279, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1956, #21236, FN 5472-5.  It became BN 1896, Class GP-9, in 1970 and leased as Loram Corp 1896 in 1989.  It was returned in 1990 and retired in December 1992.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in January 1993 as 1536,Class GP28P, and became BNSF 1536,  in January 19, 2002.

280, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1956, #21237, FN 5472-6,.  It became BN 1897, Class GP-9, in 1970 and in October 1987 it became Montana Rail Link 110.  It was leased to I&M Rail Link as 110 and returned as MRL 110.

286, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22769, FN 5524-2.  It became BN 1724, Class GP-9, in 1970 and was retired on July 12, 1983.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft on September 27, 1983, and sold as Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority 1922 in January 1984.  It was sold as Central New England RR 1922.

288, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22771, FN 5524-4. It became BN 1726, Class GP-9, in 1970 and was retired in March 1991. It was sold to Pielet Brothers in May 1991 and was resold to Tennessee Southern RR as 1726.

289, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957 #22772, FN 5524-5. It became BN 1727, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in July 1983 and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Co in August 1983.

290, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22773, FN 5524-6. It became BN 1728, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was rebuilt at Morrison Knudsen in December 1992 as 1530, Class GP28M. It later became BNSF 1530, Class GP28M, on August 7, 2002.

294, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22777, FN 5524-10. It became BN 1732, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was sold to MRL as 102 in October 1987 and rebuilt as 126 in January 1991.

298, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22781, FN 5524-14. It became BN 1736, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in February 1990 and sold to Yadkin Valley RR as 206 in April 1990.

299, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22782, FN 5524-15. It became BN 1737, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in May 1986 and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in July 1986.

301, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22784, FN 5524-17. It became BN 1739, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in December 1990 and sold to National Ry. Equipment Co. They sold it to D&IRR in August 1991.

303, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22786, FN 5524-19.  It became BN 1741, Class GP-9, in 1970.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in September 1992 as 1501, Class GP28M.  It became BNSF 1501, Class GP28M, on October 28, 2004.

306, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22709, FN 5504-2. It became BN 1744, Class GP-9, in 1970. In October 1987, it became MRL 1744. It was upgraded at Livingston in May 1991 and renumbered 151, Class GP-15-1.

307, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive  in February 1957, #22710, FN 5504-3.  It became BN 1745, Class GP-9, in 1970.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen in 1992 as 1511, Class GP28M.  It became BNSF 1514, Class GP28M, in September 2001.

310, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22713, FN 5504-6. It became BN 1748, Class GP-9, in 1970. It became BNSF 1604, Class GP9, in June 1998, and was retired in June 2000.

311, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22714, FN 5504-7.  It became BN 1749, Class GP-9, in 1970.  It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen on April 2, 1993, as 1595, Class GP28M and became BNSF 1595, Class GP28M.  It was renumbered 1545, Class GP28P.

315, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22718, FN 5504-11. It became BN 1753, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in July 1985 and sold to Coast Engine & Equipment in August 1985. It became Pend Oreille Valley RR 102 in November 1985.

316, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1957, #22719, FN 5504-12.  It became BN 1754, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in December 1985.  It was sold to General Metals Co in February 1986 and sold as Coast Engine & Equipment Co 302 in September 1986.  It was sold as Washington Central RR 302 "Lilly" in 1986 and sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 1996 but not used.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in June 1997 and retired on September 22, 2000.  It was sold as Columbia Basin RR 302.

322,  GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #22725, FN 5505-6.  It became BN 1907, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in February 1985.  It was sold as Independent Locomotive Service 1907 in March 1985 and resold as ConAgra 1907 in September 1985.  It was sold to BDL Co as BDLX 1907 in 2007 and sold as Landisville RR 1907 in 2011.  It was sold as Claremont & Concord RR 1907 in March 2013.

323, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1957, #22726, FN 5505-6. It became BN 1908, Class GP-9, in 1970 and was rebuilt as 601 in May 1982. It later became BNSF 1701, Class GP-9.

325, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1957, #22728, FN 5505-8. It became BN 1910, Class GP-9, in 1970 and later BNSF 1625, Class GP-9, in January 1998.  It was retired in February 2000 and it was lettered as GN 1625.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in July 2011.

328, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #22731, FN 5505-12. It became BN 1913, Class GP-9, in 1970 and later BNSF 1626, Class GP-9, in June 1998. It was sold as Columbia Basin RR 1626 in 2000.

329, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957 #22732, FN 5505-13. It became BN 1914, Class GP-9, in 1970 and later rebuilt as Morrison Knudsen in December 1992 rebuilt in 1531, Class GP28M. It became BNSF 1531, Class GP28M, on October 9, 2001.

333, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957 #22736, FN 5505-17. It became BN 1918, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in July 1987 and sold to Leadville Colorado & Southern as 1918 in November 1987. It was repainted in 1988.

334, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #22737, FN 5505-18.  It became BN 1919, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold as Coast Engine & Equipment Co 301 in February 1985.  It was sold as Washington Central RR 301 "Sally" in 1986 and sold to Burlington Northern Santa Fe in 1996 but not used.  It was sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in June 1997 and retired in November 13, 2000.   It was sold Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co and sold as LaFarge Cement Co 1951 in January 2009.

336, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #22739, FN 5505-20. It became BN 1921, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was sold to Chrome Locomotive in September 1983 and then to Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority as 1921 in November 1983.

345, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #24014, FN 5559-1. It became BN 1755, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was retired in July 1984 and sold to Joseph Simon & Sons for scrap in August, 1984.

346, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #24015, FN 5559-2. It became BN 1756, Class GP-9, in 1970 and was traded in to General Electric in July 1982.

355, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1958, #24024, FN 5561-5. It became BN 1934, Class GP-9, in 1970 and was sold to Montana Rail Link as 107 in October 1987.

362, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1958, #24052, FN 5560-5.  It became BN 1941, Class GP-9, and retired in August 1986.  It was sold to Wilson Railway in September 1986 and sold as Kiamichi RR 902 in July 1987.

366, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1958, #24056, FN 5560-9.  It became BN 1925, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold as MBTA 1925 in July 1984.  It was sold as Cape Cod RR 1925 in January 1992 but never used.  It was scrapped in February 1996.

368, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1958, #24058, FN 5560-11.  It became BN 1947, Class GP-9, in 1970 and retired in December 1985,  It was sold as Cape Cod & Hyannis 1947 and renumbered 24.  It sold as Mid Michigan RR 24 in April 1989.

369, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1958, #24059, FN 5560-12.  It became BN 1948, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold to Wilson Ry Corp in March 1985.  It was sold as AT&L RR 1948 in May 1985.

370, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1958, #24060, FN 5560-13.  It became BN 1949, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold to Azcon Corp in May 1983.  They sold it as Bloomer Line Connecting RR 91 in July 1985,

372, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1958, #24472, FN 5560-15.  It became BN 1951, Class GP-9, in 1970 and rebuilt at Paducah in April 1993 as 1597, Class GP-28P.  It became BNSF 1597, Class BP-28P, in January 2002 and renumbered 1547.

550, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1950, #10944, FN 6055-1.  It became BN 1624, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt as 1421, Class GP-10, on April 17, 1975.  It was retired in July 29, 1986, and sold to Independent Locomotive Service as 1368 on November 28, 1986.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/22/2017

Memorial of Blessed François-Louis Chartier, martyred by French revolution in 1794

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Upon receiving Holy Communion, the Adorable Blood of Jesus Christ really flows in our veins and His Flesh is really blended with ours.

--St. John Vianney