Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe

Passenger and Business Cars

Cars 2 and 3 are or were part of the historical collection of the Santa Fe.

10, business car, was built by Pullman in 1928.  It was retired in 1962 and rebuilt as 194450, foreman car, in 1967.  It was rebuilt as 203739, bunk car, in 1973 and sold to a private owner in Saugus, CA.

20, business car, was built by Pullman as Pullman Car Co "Henry Stanley".  It was a leaser car and rebuilt as ATSF 20.  It was sold to an individual and lettered as SLSF 200 "Louis W Grant".

50 "Santa Fe" was built by Budd in 1957 under order 9446-186. It was numbered 5003 and rebuilt in December, 1989 as 50.

51 "Topeka" was built by Budd in 1957 under order 9446-186. It was numbered 5002 and rebuilt in May, 1990, as 51.

52 "Atchison" was built by Pullman in 1949 under order 6882. It was numbered 5001. It was rebuilt in August, 1988, and is shown before and after.

53 "Mountainair" was built by Pullman in 1949 under order 6835 for U. S. Steel Corp. As their "Laurel Ridge". It became Santa Fe 5004 and later the 53 It was rebuilt in November, 1990, and renamed "John S. Reed".

54 was built by Pullman in 1919 as U S Railroad Administration 82 and assigned to the Santa Fe. It was renumbered 31 in 1920 and 54 in 1973. It was rebuilt in February 1990 as 1869 "Cyrus K Holliday". It is now plinthed at the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Fort Worth headquarters campus.

55 was built by Pullman in 1924 as 32.  It was renumbered 55 and retired in 1982.  It was rebuilt as a track geometry car to Consolidated Railroad Corp 21.  It became Norfolk Southern 36.

56 was built by Pullman in 1923 as 34.  It was renumbered as 56 and sold to Caboose Antiques in 1980.  It has been restored.

57 was built by Pullman in 1924 as 35.  It was 73'6" long, and was assigned originally to the Asst. Gen. Mgr. of the Eastern lines. Then in 1966 it went to Gen. Mgr. Gulf lines. It was renumbered to business car 57 and disposed of January 15, 1973 in Topeka. Thanks to Steve Sandifer for this information.

60 was built by Budd in 1954 under order 9646-129. It was 506 and was rebuilt in February, 1985.

61 "Fred Harvey" was built by Pullman in 1950 under order 6851. It was 600 and was rebuilt in February, 1982.

65 "Regal Lane" was built by American Car & Foundry in 1950 under order 3358. It was rebuilt in May 1982.

66 "Regal Lark" was built by American Car & Foundry in 1950 under order 3358. It was rebuilt in April 1982.

67 "Regal Manor" was built by American Car & Foundry in 1950 under order 3358. It was rebuilt in May 1982.

68 "Regal Spa" was built by American Car & Foundry in 1950 under order 3358. It was rebuilt in May 1982.

77 was built by Pullman in 1963 under order 7022 and was formerly 3914.

85 was built by Pullman in 1928 under order 6165. It was rebuilt in 1973 from business car 39.

86 was built by Pullman in 1965 under order 7022. It was rebuilt at some time. It was formerly 199207, and before that 133, and originally 3922.

89 was built by Budd in 1940 under order 96902 as 1397. It was rebuilt as car 89 in 1975, and was again rebuilt in August, 1990. At that time it was also named "William Barstow Strong".

404 was built by Pullman-Standard in 1926, lot 4977.  It was rebuilt in 1955 and donated to Texas Transportation Museum, San Antonio, TX.

406 was built by Pullman-Standard in 1926, lot 4977.  It was rebuilt in 1955.  It was donated to the Great Overland Station museum.

428 was built by Pullman-Standard in 1925, lot 4800.  It was rebuilt in 1955 and sold to Jim Birmingham.  It is at Boulder Scientific, Meade, CO.

449 was an Interurban Electric Ry car used during WWII.

510 was built by Budd in 1954.  It was sold as Auto-Train Corp 522 in 1971 and sold to Delaware Otsego in December 1981.  It was stored and sold to Holland America Tours Westours on December 30, 1985.  It was rebuilt as 510 "Chulitna" (800123) in 1987 and retired in March 2003.  It was sold to Iowa Pacific in November 2007 as Arizona Eastern 510 "Copper Spike" and transferred as San Luis & Rio Grande 510 "Sunset View".

544, dorm, was built by Budd in 1965.  It became National Railway Passenger Corp 9913 and renumbered 39913.  It was sold as Dallas Terminal Railway 39913.

582, coach.  It is at the Garland museum which is the old depot.

707, coach, was built by Budd in 1965.  It became Amtrak 9947 and renumbered 39947.  It was sold as DALT 39947.

723, coach, was built by Budd in 1965.  It became Amtrak 9963 and renumbered 39963.  It was sold as DALT 39963.

1504, lunch counter. was built by American Car & Foundry in 1949.  It was sold as Cadillac & Lake City "Emerald Lake" in 1969 and resold as Algoma Central 504 in 1972.  It was sold as Age of Steam Museum 504 in 2005.

1511, cafe observation car, built by Pullman in 1926. It was donated to Texas Transportation Museum at San Antonio and loaned as Texas State RR 1511 in 1974

1512, cafe observation car, was built by Pullman in 1926.  It was sold as Finlay Fun Time Tours "La Margarita del Oro" in 1959 and sold to Gordon Crosthwait as "La Condesa" in 1974.  It was donated to San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum in June 2006 and operates on the Santa Maria RR.

2854, coach, was built by Budd in 1953.  It became Amtrak 4866 and renumbered 4736.  It was rebuilt as 1718, baggage car.

3466, baggage car, was built by American Car & Foundry in 1950.  It was sold as a ICAP and sold to Purdy Co.  It was then sold to a Rod Basidh as 106.  It was then sold as Michigan Artrain 4, generator Car.

3906, baggage car, was built by Pullman-Standard.  It is at the Great Overland Station Museum.

 

 

Roster information: Evan Werkema

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

4/25/2016

Memorial of Our Lady of Good Counsel

Choose Life.


Home Page

email gif
Don's Depot

 

Let us stand fast in what is right, and prepare our souls for trial.  Let us wait upon God's strengthening aid and say to Him: "O Lord, you have been our refuge in all generations."

---St. Boniface