Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Genesee Valley Transportation Co.
GVT was formed in Batavia, NY, in 1983 for the original purpose of locomotive leasing, but before long they got into the short line business in 1989 with the Depew Lancaster & Western.
The D-L was formed in 1993 and operates 88.7 miles of line from Scranton to Carbondale and Mount Pocono, PA.
204, RS3, was built by Alco in September 1950, #78292, as Lehigh & Hudson River Ry 4. It was sold as St Johnsbury & Lamoile County Ry 204 in 1970 and resold as D-L 204. It became a parts source.
211, RS32, was built by Alco in March 1962, #84027, as Southern Pacific 7302, Class DF-618. It was renumbered 4002, Class AS420-1, in 1966 and retired in May 1977. It was sold as Chrome Crankshaft Co 4002 in September 1978 and sold as East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Ry 211 in August 1980. It became East Tennessee Ry 211 in 1984 and sold as Delaware Valley Ry 211. It then was sold as Tishomingo RR 211 and then in October 2004 as D-L 211.
324, RS11, was built by Alco in August 1959, #83490, as SP 5870, Class DF-615. It was renumbered 2935, Class AS418-6, in 1966 and sold as California Western RR 63 in 1979. It was sold as Mississippi Central RR 1100 and sold as Kankakee Beaverville & Southern 324 in 1997. It was sold as D-L 324.
334, C420. was built by Alco in August 1967, #3491-11, as Monon RR 517. It became Louisville & Nashville 1334, Class C-420, in August 1971 and sold as Indiana Hi-Rail Corp 1334 in 1986. It was renumbered 334 and became Wabash & Ohio 334, It was sold as Indiana Box Car Co 334 and later D-L 334.
804, C425, was built by Alco in October 1964, #3392-04, as Erie Lackawanna 2454, Class MFA-25D-6. In March 1976 it was sold to British Columbia Ry as 804, and was then sold to GVT as Mohawk Adirondack & Northern 804 in 1992. It later was transferred as D-L 804.
1044, S6, was built by Alco in December 1956, #82295, as
Buffalo Ry 44. It was sold as Knox & Kane RR 44 in 1988 and sold as
D-L 1044 in 2004.
1044, S6, was built by Alco in December 1956, #82295, as South Buffalo Ry 44. It was sold as Knox & Kane RR 44 in 1988 and sold as D-L 1044 in 2004.
2403, C424, was built by Alco in June 1964, #3381-04, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 303. It became Burlington Northern 4243, Class C-424, on March 1, 1970, and sold to Chrome in September 1980. It was sold as Kyle 4243 in February 1982 and sold to A&M. It was sold to T J Lindstead Rail Service in October 1994 and sold as Massachusetts Central 4243 in December 1996. It was sold to Thomas Carver Rail in September 1999 and leased as Adirondack Scenic RR 4243 in October 2000. It was returned to Thomas in October 2010 and sold as D-L 2403.
2452, C425, was built by Alco in October 1964, #3392-02, as EL 2452, Class MFA-25D-6. It was sold to BCOL as 802 in March 1976 and then to GVT in September 1993 as D-L 2452.
2461. C425. was built by Alco in October 1964, #3392-11, as EL 2461, Class MFA-25D-6. It was sold as BCOL 811 in March 1976 and then to GVT in September 1993 as D-L 2461.
3642, C636, was built by Alco in April 1968, #3499-13, as Penn Central 6342, Class AF-36a. It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 6792, Class C-636, in April 1976 and sold as Delta Bulk Terminal 1001 in 1983. It was sold as D-L 6793 in 2001 and renumbered 3642 in 2002.
3643, M636, was built by Montreal in November 1970, #M6038-15, as Canadian Pacific 4743, Class DRF-36B. It was sold as D-L 4743 in 1997 and renumbered 3643 in 2000.
4118, RS3, was built by Alco in October 1952, #80318, as Delaware & Hudson 4118, Class DERS-60. It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and sold as Octoraro RR 4118 in 1984. It became Delaware Valley RR 4118 and sold as D-L 4118.
4223, C424, was built by Montreal in October 1965, #84861, as Canadian Pacific 4223, Class DRS-24b. It was sold as Quebec-Gatineau Ry 4223 in 1997 and resold as D-L 4223 in 1999. It was sold as Morristown & Erie 4223 in October 2001.
5019, RS36, was built by Alco in January 1963, #84401, as D&H 5019, Class ARS-18. It became D-L 5019 in 1993 and resold as Upper Hudson River RR 5019 in 1999.
Depew Lancaster & Western RR
1801, RS18, was built by Montreal in December 1959, #83192, as Canadian National 3127, Class MR-18e. It was sold as Roberval & Saguenay Ry 43 in 1990. It was sold as Lackawanna Valley Ry 1801 in 1991 and sold as DL&W 1801.
9085, S4, was built by Alco in May 1956, #81867, as Baltimore & Ohio 9085, Class DS-5a. It was reclassified Class SA-3 in 1957. It was reclassified in 1964 as Class S-4, and sold to George Silcott Co on March 3, 1976. It was sold as Allied Chemical Co 2B and resold as DL&W 9085 in 1989. It was sold as CitiSteel USA 9085 in 1992.
Lowville & Beaver River RR
8 was built by Lima on May 25, 1918, #2977, as Oklahoma Portland Cement Co 2. It was sold as Virgin Pine Lumber Co 2 in February 1920 and resold as C&R Lumber Co 15 in July 1926. It was sold as Goodyear Yellow Pine Co 2 in April 1931 and sold as Crosby Lumber & Manufacturing Co 15 on August 14, 1944. It was renumbered 1 and sold as Pascagoula Veneer Co 1. It was purchased by C W Witbeck in July 1966 and resold to Thomas Lawson Jr on November 13, 1970, as Dixie Midland Ry 8. It was sold as Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Ry 8 in 1983 and sold as LBR 8 in 1989. It is owned by Railway History Society of Northern New York and is stored with boiler problems.
1950, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1950, #30461, as Nashville Chattanooga & St Louis 101, Class DGE-400. It became Louisville & Nashville 3101, Class S-4, in August 1957 and sold to Preston W Duffy & Son. It was sold to George R Silcott Co and resold as LBR 1950 in 1963.
1951, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1950, #30847, as Skaneateles Short Line RR 6. It was sold as New York State Electric & Gas Co 6 and resold as L&BR 6. It was then renumbered 1951 in 1993.
Mohawk Adirondack & Northern RR
MA&N operates three separate former New York Central lines. One line is from Utica to Lyons Falls. Another runs out of Carthage to Newton Falls and to Lowville. The third is a small branch out of Rome.
27, M420TR, was built by Montreal in April 1972, #M6061-02, as Roberval & Saguenay 17. It was sold as Benoit Girard Metal Inc 27 and resold as MA&N 27.
642, M420W, was built by Montreal in September 1973, #M6068-03, as British Columbia Ry 642. It was sold as MA&N 642 in 1997.
804, C425, was built by Alco in October 1964, #3392-04, as Erie Lackawanna 2454, Class MFA-25D-6. In March 1976 it was sold to BCOL as 804, and was then sold to GVT as MA&N 804 in 1992. It later was transferred as Delaware-Lackawanna 804.
2453, C425, was built by Alco in October 1964, #3392-03, as EL 2453, Class MFA-25D-6. In March 1976 it was sold to BCOL as 803 and was then sold as MA&N 803 in 1992. It was renumbered 2453 in 1993.
2456, C425, was built by Alco in October 1964, #3392-06, as EL 2456, Class MFA-25D-6. In March 1976 it was sold to BCOL as 806 and was then sold to GVT as MA&N 806 in 1992. It was renumbered 2456.
Roster Info: William G Mundy
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Saint Felix of Burgundy
Happiness can only be achieved by looking inward and learning to enjoy whatever life has, and this required transforming greed into gratitude.
— St. John Chrysostom