Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Chicago Milwaukee St. Paul & Pacific
2950, Class M-1, was built by Baldwin in 1905 as Montana Ry. 102. In June 1910 it became Chicago Milwaukee & Puget Sound 6004, Class M-1. In October 1912 it became CM&StP 2950. It was scrapped October 31, 1925.
2952, Class M-1a, was built by Baldwin in September 1891, #12231, as Bellingham Bay & British Columbia Ry 4. In 1912 it was taken over by the Bellingham & Northern, and in November 1920 it became CM&StP 2952, Class M-1a. It was scrapped October 12, 1928.
2957, Class M-1c, was built by Baldwin in August 1901, #19505, as Southern Indiana Ry 5. It was renumbered 105 in 1904 and became Chicago Terre Haute & South Eastern 105 in 1910. In November 1922 it was renumbered 2957, Class M-1d. It was retired November 29, 1930.
2961, Class M-1d, was built by Rogers in August 1904, #6227, as SIRy 109. It became CTH&SE 109 in 1910. In January 1923 it was renumbered 2961, Class M-1d. It was retired October 31, 1934.
2965, Class M-1e, was built by Alco-Brooks in August 1904, #30136, as Illinois Iowa & Minnesota 1. It became Chicago Milwaukee & Gary 1 in 1908 and CM&StP 2965 in November 1922. It was retired November 30, 1934.
2967, Class M-1e, was built by Alco-Brooks in June 1905, #38000, was II&M 3. It became CM&G 3 in 1908 and CM&StP 2967 in January 1923. It was retired October 31, 1934.
The largest of the 2-6-0s to operate on the Milwaukee were the class M2 Moguls, which came to the road from the Chicago Junction Railway sometime around 1909. They were first numbered 596-599 and then were renumbered 6000-6003. In 1912 they were given the numbers 2975-2978. These locomotives, with the exception of number 2976 which was sold in 1927, lasted into the 1930s. The M2s were quite big as far as Moguls went, having the largest (63-inch) drivers that 2-6-0s ever had. They exerted a tractive force of 30,222 pounds. The M2s were equipped with extended wagon-top boilers that were rated at 200 pounds of pressure per square inch. The engine and tender weighed a total of 264,500 pounds.
2975, Class M-2, was built by Alco-Schenectady in March 1906, #39091, as Chicago Junction Ry 101. It became CM&StP 596 in November 1909 and renumbered to 6000 in May 1910. It was renumbered 2975 in September 1912 and retired on November 30, 1934.
2976, Class M-2, was built by Alco-Schenectady in March 1906, #39090, as CJRy 102. It became CM&StP 597 in November 1909 and 6001 in May 1910. It was renumbered 2976 in September 1912 and was sold on December 28, 1927 as Cowlitz Chehalis & Cascade Ry 10.
2977, Class M-2, was built as CJRy. It became CM&StP 598 in 1909 and 6002 in 1910. It was renumbered 2977 in 1912.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of St. Jerome Emiliani
O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is Thy name in all the earth!