Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Belt Railway of Chicago

1, Class C-1, was built by Baldwin in January 1918, #47668, as Chicago & Western Indiana 1. It was immediately transferred to BRC. It was sold to Erman-Howell for scrap in November 1950.

2, Class C-1, was built by Baldwin in January 1918, #47740, as C&WI 2.  It was immediately transferred to BRC as 2, Class C-1.

3, Class C-1, was built by Baldwin in January 1918, #47741, as C&WI 3.  It was immediately transferred to BRC.  It was sold M S Kaplan for scrap in November 1950.

4, Class C-1, was built by Baldwin in January 1918, #47742, as C&WI 4.  It was immediately transferred to BRC as 4, Class C-1.

5, Class C-1, was built by Baldwin in February 1918, #47866, as C&WI 5. It was immediately transferred to the BRC. It was and sold to Erman-Howell for scrap in April 1950.

20, Class C-2, was built by Alco-Brooks in December 1918, #60060, as C&WI 20.  It was immediately transferred to BRC as 20, Class C-2.

21, Class C-2, was built by Alco-Brooks in December 1918, #60061, as C&WI 21.  It was immediately transferred to BRC as 21, Class C-2.

22, Class C-2, was built by Alco-Brooks in December 1918, #60062, as C&WI 22.  It was immediately transferred to the BRC.  It was sold to Erman Howell for scrap in April 1950.

23 and 24, Class C-2, were built by Alco-Brooks in December 1918, #60063-60064, as C&WI 23 and 24.  It was immediately transferred to BRC as 23 and 24, Class C-2.

50 thru 61, Class E-2, were built by Alco-Cooke in August 1903, #27978-27989, as C&WI 50 thru 61.  It was transferred to BRC as 50 thru 61, Class E-2.

62 thru 67, Class E-2, were built by Alco-Cooke in August 1903, #28558-28563, as C&WI 62 thru 67.  It was transferred to BRC as 62 thru 67, Class E-2.

68 and 69, Class E-2, were built by Alco-Cooke in August 1903, #29343-29344, as C&WI 68 and 69.  It was transferred to BRC as 68 and 69, Class E-2.

70 and 71, Class E-3, were built by Baldwin in November 1905, #27855-26757, as C&WI 70 and 71.  It was transferred to BRC as 70 and 71, Class E-3.

72, Class E-3, was built by Baldwin in November 1905, #26764, as C&WI 72.  It was transferred to BRC as 72, Class E-3.

73, Class E-3, was built by Baldwin in November 1905, #26828, as C&WI 73.  It was transferred to BRC as 73, Class E-3.

74 thru 76, Class E-3, were built by Baldwin in November 1905, #26850-26852, as C&WI 74 thru 76.  It was transferred to BRC as 74 thru 76, Class E-3.

77, Class E-3, was built by Baldwin in November 1905, #26900, as C&WI 77.  It was transferred to BRC as 77, Class E-3.

78, Class E-3, was built by Baldwin in November 1905, #26905, as C&WI 78.  It was transferred to BRC as 78, Class E-3.

79, Class E-3, was built by Baldwin in November 1905, #26921, as C&WI 79.  It was transferred to BRC as 79, Class E-3.

80 thru 84, Class E-4, were built by Alco-Cooke in October 1906, #40933-40937, as C&WI 80 thru 84.  It was transferred to BRC as 80 thru 84, Class E-4.

85 thru 89, Class E-4 were built by Alco-Cooke in October 1906, #41159-41163, as C&WI 85 thru 89.  It was transferred to BRC as 85 thru 89, Class E-4.

90 thru 99, Class G-1, was built by Alco-Cooke in April 1910, #47678-47687, as C&WI 90 thru 99.  It was transferred to BRC as 90 thru 99, Class G-1.

100 thru 109, Class G-2, was built by Lima in January 1911, #1142-1151, as C&WI 100 thru 109.  It was transferred to BRC as 100 thru 109, Class G-2.

110 thru 113, Class H-1, was built by Baldwin in October 1913, #38958-38961, as C&WI 110 thru 113.  It was transferred to BRC as 110 thru 113, Class H-1.

114, Class H-1, was built by Baldwin in October 1913, #38962, as C&WI 114.  It was transferred to the BRC and sold to Erman Howell for scrap in May 1950.

125, Class J-2, was built by Baldwin in February 1925, #58209, as C&WI 125.  It was sold to Erman Howell for scrap in January 1952.

129 thru 133, Class K-1, was built by Baldwin in November 1926, #59684-59688, as C&WI 129 thru 133.  It was transferred to BRC as 129 thru 133, Class K-1.

134 thru 138, Class K-2, was built by Baldwin in November 1927, #60264-69268, as C&WI 134 thru 138.  It was transferred to BRC as 134 thru 138, Class K-2.

139 thru 143, Class K-3, was built by Baldwin in October 1928, #60661-60665, as C&WI 139 thru 143.  It was transferred to BRC as 139 thru 143, Class K-3.

144 thru 146, Class K-4, was built by Baldwin in January 1929, #61184-61186, as C&WI 144 thru 146.  It was transferred to BRC as 144 thru 146, Class K-4.

147, Class K-4, was built by Baldwin in January 1929, #61187, as C&WI 147.  It was transferred to BRC as 147, Class K-4, and sold to Iron & Steel Producs for scrap in January 1952.

148, Class K-4, was built by Baldwin in January 1929, 61188, as C&WI 148.  It was transferred to BRC as 148, Class K-4.

150, Class M, was built by Baldwin in May 1925, as C&WI 150.  It was transferred to BRC as 150, Class M.

230, GP23-ECO, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1971, #38525, FN 7340-71, as Baltimore & Ohio 4045, Class GP-40.  It was renumbered 9045 from August 13, 1979, until January 1980.  It became CSX Transportation 6620, Class GP-40, and retired on May 9, 1997.  It was sold to Helm Atlantic Leasing as HATX 425 in 1997 and sold to Progress Rail Services as PRLX 425. It was sold as BRC 230 in October 2012 and rebuilt as GP23-ECO by Progress at Tacoma in October 2013, #20117662-1.

231, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1971, #38533, FN 7340-79, as B&O 4053, Class GP-40.  It was renumbered 9053 from February 1981 until April 30, 1981.  It became CSX 6628, Class GP-40, and retired on May 9, 1997.  It was sold as HATX 430 in 1997 and sold as PRLX 430.  It was sold as BRC 231 in October 2012.

232, GP23-ECO, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1966, #32648, FN 7943-5, as B&O 3688, Class GP-40.  It was renumbered 6504 and became CSX 6504, Class GP-40.  It was retired on October 21, 1996, and sold to Metro East Industries on December 6, 1996.  It was sold as HATX 423 in 1997 and sold as PRLX 2020.It was sold as BRC 232 in October 2012.  It was rebuilt as model GP23-ECO in October 2013.

300, SD40-2, was built in by Electro-Motive May 1980, #786256-4, FN 786256-4, as Burlington Northern 8093, Class SD40-2.  It became Burlington Santa Fe 8093, Class SD40-2, in May 2001 and sold as First Union Rail 8093.  It was rebuilt as BRC 300 in February 2012.

302, SD40-2, was buil tby Electro-Motive in June 1980, #786256-32, FN 786256-32, as BN 8121, Class SD40-2.  It was retired and sold as FURX 8121.  It was sold as BRC 302 in February 2012.

305, S1, Class 304, was built by Alco in July 1942, #69810.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Co as 712 in August 1972.  It was scrapped.

400, S2, Class 400, was built by Alco in September 1941, #69564.  It was sold to Precision National Corp as 400 and later scrapped.

402, VO1000, Class 401, was built by Baldwin in November 1944, #70303.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive on June 4, 1963.

403, S2, Class 400, was built by Alco in September 1944, #72853.

420, S6, Class 420, was built by Alco in February 1957, #82297.  It was sold to Mineral Range Inc 420 in 2005 and sold as CF Industries 420 in 2006.

451, RS2, Class 450, was built by Alco in December 1949, #77878.

470, GP7, Class 470, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #14392, FN 6248-1.  It was sold to Frontier Cooperative Co as DDDX 470.

473, GP7, Class 470, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #15204, FN 6275-2.  It was sold as Peavey Grain Co 473 in 1998 and became DDDX 473 in 2002.

475, GP7, Class 470, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #15206, FN 6275-4.  It was sold as Prairie Trunk RR 475.

482, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1950, #11046, FN 5029-15, as Great Northern 620, Class GP-7.  It became Burlington Northern 1520, Class GP-7, and rebuilt in June 1975 as 1420, Class GP-10.  It was sold as Twin City & Western 401 in May 1991 and sold to Independent Locomotive Service in September 1999.  It was sold as BRC 482 and later sold to Relco as RLCX 1702.

483, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1951, #13336, FN 5076-1, as GN 623, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1523, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt as 1401, Class GP-10, on September 16, 1974.  It was retired on February 25, 1991, and sold to Red River Valley & Western on May 17, 1991.  It became TC&W 402 and sold to Independent Locomotive Services in September 1991.  It was sold as BRC 483 and later sold to RLCX 1703.

494, Class 490, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1972, #5807-5, FN 5807-5.  It later became Locomotive Leasing Partners 2232.

495, GP38-2, Class 490, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1972, #5807-6, FN 5807-6.  It was sold as LLPX 2230 and became General American Transportation Co GMTX 2173.

500, TR2A, Class 500, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949,  #10512, FN 6027-A1, as 500A.  It was renumbered 500.  It was sold as Berthold Farmers Elevator 500.

502, TR4A, Class 502, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1950, #10516, FN 4032-A1, as 502A.  It was renumbered 502.  It was sold as Independent Locomotive Service 916.

503, TR4A, Class 502, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1950, #10517, FN 4032-A2, as 503A.  It was renumbered 503.  It was sold as ILS 908.

506, TR4A, Class 502, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1950, #10520, FN 4032-A5, as 506A.  It was renumbered 506,  It was sold as ILS 907.

511, TR2B, Class 502, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #10515, FN 6027-B2, as 501B.  It was renumbered 511.

513, TR4B, Class 502, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1950, #10522, FN 4032-B2, as 503B.  It was renumbered 513.  It was sold as ILS 911 and leased as Minnesota Northern RR 911,

514, TR4B, Class 502, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1950, #10523, FN 4032-B3, as 504B.  It was renumbered 514.  It was sold to ILS.

522, SW9, Class 520, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1951, #15207, FN 6272-1.  It was sold as DOT Rail Service Inc 1208.

525, SW1200, Class 520, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1963, #28349, FN 7659-2.

530, SW1500, Class 530, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1967, #33095, FN 4512-2.

534, MP15DC, Class 530, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1975, #74683-2, FN 74683-2.

537, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1968, #34489, FN 7139-15, as Southern Ry 2315.  It was sold as BRC 537 and resold as Railway Equipment Leasing Co RLCX 1500.

560, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1971, #37559, FN 7319-17, as Missouri Pacific 786, SD40.  It was renumbered 3086 in March 1971 and sold as Helm Leasing 5086.  It was then sold as General American Transportation Corp 5086 and rebuilt as Burlington Northern 7308, Class SD-40G, in June 1989.  It was rebuilt as Locomotive Leasing Partners 4307 in July 1997 and later rebuilt as BRC 560, SD38-3

561, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1971, #37549, FN 7319-7, as MP 776. SD40.  It was renumbered 3076 in March 1971 and sold as Helm 5076.  It was then sold as GATX 5076 and rebuilt as BN 7304, Class SD-40G, in May 1989.  It was rebuilt as LLPX 4304 in July 1997 and later rebuilt as BRC 561, SD38-3.

562, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1971, #37561, FN 7319-19, as MP 788, SD40.  It was renumbered 3088 in March 1971 and sold as Helm 5088.  It was then sold as GATX 5088 and rebuilt as BN 7309, Class SD-40G, in April 1989.  It was rebuilt as LLPX 4308 in July 1997 and later rebuilt as BRC 562, SD38-3.

562B, slug, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1974, #73748-19, FN 73748-19, as Chicago & Eastern Illinois 3157, SD40-2.  It became MP 3157 in 1976 and Union Pacific 4158, Class SD40-2, on August 1, 1986. It was renumbered 9906 on October 25, 2000, and retired on July 31, 2001.  It was rebuilt as BRC 562B, slug.

563, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1971, #37543, FN 7319-1, as MP 770, SD40.  It was renumbered 3070 in March 1971 and sold as Helm 5070.  It was then sold as GATX 5070 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as BN 7300, Class SD-40G, in April 1989.  It was rebuilt as LLPX 4302 in July 1997 and later rebuilt as BRC 563, SD38-3.  It was resold as Alamo Gulf Coast RR 2.

564, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1971, #37345, FN 7319-3, as MP 772, SD40.  It was renumbered 3072 in March 1971 and sold as Helm 5072.  It was then sold as GATX 5072 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as BN 7301, Class SD-40G, in May 1989.  It was rebuilt as LLPX 4301 in July 1997 and later rebuilt as BRC 564, SD38-3.

565, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1971, #37548, FN 7319-6, as MP 775, SD40.  It was renumbered 3075 in March 1971 and sold as Helm 5075.  It was then sold as GATX 5075 and rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as BN 7303, Class SD-40G, in March 1989.  It was rebuilt as LLPX 4303 in July 1997 and later rebuilt as BRC 565, SD38-3.

566, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1971, #37550, FN 7319-8, as MP 777, SD40.  It was renumbered 3077 in March 1971 and sold as Helm 5077,  It was then sold as GATX 5077 and rebuilt as BN 7305, Class SD-40G, in May 1989.  It was rebuilt as LLPX 4305 in July 1997 and later rebuilt as BRC 566, SD38-3.  It was resold as AGCR 1.

570, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1970, #36905, #FN 7290-10, as Penn Central 6249, Class EF-30A.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 6249, Class SD-40, in April 1976 and transferred as Conrail Leasing Co 806.  It was sold to General Motors as EMDX 6432 and rebuilt as BRC 570, SD38-3.

571, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1971, #38211, FN 5787-9, as Louisville & Nashville 1257, Class SD-40.  It became Seaboard System RR 1257 in January 1983 and renumbered 8333 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 8333, Class SD-40, in April 1986 and sold as VMV Enterprise 8333.  It was rebuilt as EMDX 6504 and rebuilt as BRC 571.

572, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1971, #37538, FN 5776-2, as Clinchfield RR 3021, a SD40.  It later became SBD 8296 in January 1983 and renumbered 8355 in 1984.  It became CSX 8355, Class SD-40, in April 1986 and sold as VMV 8355.  It was sold as EMDX 6506 and rebuilt as BRC 572, SD38-3.  It was rebuilt as BRC 573B, slug

573, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1971, #38205, FN 5787-3, as L&N 1251, Class SD-40.  It became SBD 1251 in January 1983 and renumbered 8327 in 1984.  It became CSX 8327, Class SD-40, in April 1986 and sold as VMV 8327.  It was rebuilt as EMDX 6502 and rebuilt as BRC 573, SD38-3.  It was sold to Cargill Inc as CRGX 573 in 2013.

573B, slug, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1976, #767021-4, FN 767931-4, as UP  8038, Class SD40-2H, SD40-2.  It was renumbered 3308, Class SD40-2, in October 1981 and retired on November 29, 2000.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co and rebuilt as Belt Ry of Chicago 575, slug, in September 2002.  It was renumbered 573B.

574, SD38-3. was built by Electro-Motive in June 1966, #32088, FN 5701-1, as L&N 1225, Class SD-40.  It became SBD 1225 in January 1983 and renumbered 8301 in 1984.  It became CSX 8301, Class SD-40, in April 1986 and sold as VMV 8301.  It was rebuilt as EMDX 6500 and rebuilt as BRC 574.  It was rebuilt as slug and renumbered BRC 570B.

575, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive  in April 1969, #34782, FN 7159-8, as Chesapeake & Ohio 7504, Class SD-40.  It was renumbered 8363 in 1984 and became CSX 8363, Class SD-40, in 1985.  It was sold as VMV 8363 and rebuilt as EMDX 6508.  It was rebuilt as BRC 575, SD38-3.

581, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1978, #787147-10, FN 787147-10, as Consolidated Railroad Corp 8233, Class GP38-2, and later became Norfolk Southern PRR 5367. It was sold to BRC as 581.

585, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1979, #787192-7, FN 787162-7, as Conrail 8262, Class GP38-2.  It later became NS PRR 5385 and was sold to BRC as 585.

600, C424, Class 600, was built by Alco in April 1963, #3382-05.  It was sold as Hudson Bay Ry 600 in 1999 and the parts were sold to Arkansas & Missouri in 2002.

601, C424, Class 600, was built by Alco in April 1963, #3382-6.  It was sold as HBRy 601 in 1999 and sold to A&M as 601 in 2002.  It was renumbered 32.

604, C424, Class 600, was built by Alco in May 1966, #3450-02.  It was sold as HBRy 604 in 1999 and sold for parts to A&M in 2002.

605, C424, Class 600, was built by Alco in May 1966, #3450-03.  It was sold to A&M but has not been relettered.

No number.

 

Roster information: Sean Graham-White, Norm Metcalf

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/12/2017

Memorial of Saint Benedict Biscop

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don' Depot

 

 

If you learn everything except Christ, you learn nothing.  If you learn nothing except Christ, you learn everything.

--St. Bonaventure