Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Nebraska Short Lines and Industrial Railroads
This is a national company.
There is a special page on this railroad.
City of Grand Island, Platte Generating Station
1, S6, was built by Alco in May 1955, #80929, as Southern Pacific 1039, Class DS-9. It was renumbered 1206, Class AS409-1, in 1966. It was sold to PGS 1 and sold as AGP Grain Cooperative 1.
Cornhusker Rail Car Co.
36, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1951, #14108, FN 6242-10, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 8949, Class DES-16L. It was reclassified in 1966 as Class ES-12m, and renumbered 1244 in December 1971. It was sold to Bangor & Aroostook as 35 in November 1972 and sold as CRC 36. It was sold to Pennsylania Power & Light Co as PPLX 36 in 2002.
DeBruce Grain Co.
This company has a special page.
Farmland Services Cooperative
1, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #13707, FN 3078-A1, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 242L, Class 200, an F7A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in January 1974 as 2536, Class 2417, and sold as Tennken RR 2536. It was sold as Nashville & Eastern RR 2536 and was again sold as Rail Link 536. It was sold to DTE Transportation Services Ltd as 536 and resold as FSC 1.
Fremont & Elkhorn Valley RR
1702 was built by Baldwin in September 1942, #64641, as U. S. Army 1702. It was purchased by Warren & Saline River RR in 1946 and was sold to Reader RR as 1702 in June1964. It was then sold to F&EVRR as 1702 in August 1985 and then to Great Smoky Mountains RR as 1702.
1219, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1962, #27148, FN 7620-4. as Chicago & North Western 319. It was renumbered 1219 in 1971 and retired on December 28, 1987. It was then sold to F&EV as 1219.
1481, 44 Ton, was built by Davenport in 1953, #3367, as U S Army 1219. It was sold as Cargill Inc 481 in 1974 and acquired as F&EV 1481 in 1999.
Frontier Cooperative Co.
470, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #14392, FN 6248-1, as Belt Ry of Chicago 470, Class 470. It was sold as DDDX 470.
473, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #15204, FN 6275-2, as BRC 473, Class 470. It was sold as Peavey Grain Co 473 in 1998 and became DDDX 473 in 2002.
4162, GP7u, was by Electro-Motive built in July 1952, #16469, FN 5136-11, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1260. It was rebuilt at Silvis on April 18, 1975, as 4508. It went to Precision National in April 1980 and was sold to Chicago & North Western in February 1981. It entered service on August 7, 1981, as 4162 and retired in 1994. It was sold to Frontier Cooperative Co as DDDX 4162.
Kochs Agri Service
76, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1964, #29245, FN 4463-7, as Kansas City Terminal Ry 76. It was sold as JWG Co 76 and later sold as KAS 76. It became DeBruce Grain 76.
Lincoln Grain Co.
Manning Rail Inc.
SSRX 4605, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #22840, FN 5512-5, as Central Vermont 4551, Class GR-17j. It was transferred later to Grand Trunk Western as 4551, Class GR-17j. It was rebuilt at Battle Creek as 4605, Class GR-417a, on October 5, 1989, and retired on January 6, 2003. It was sold to Diesel Supply Corp as DSLZ 4605 in 2003 and sold to S&S Sales & Leasing as SSRX 4605 in October 2012 and leasing to Manning Rail Inc.
Maywood Co-op Association
7515, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1957, #24242, FN 5570-26, as Pennsylvania RR 7210, Class EFS-17m. It was reclassified as Class ERS-17 in 1966 and became Penn Central 7210, Class ERS-17, in 1968. It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7210, Class GP-9, in April 1976 and was rebuilt at Paducah as 7515, Class GP-10, in 1978. It was sold as MCA 7515.
49, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #14430, FN 5093-2, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 5105, Class DE B-B 60. It was sold to Chicago Rock Island & Pacific as 4203 in November 1972 and rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen on January 10, 1975, as 4488. It was renumbered 4474 on January 12, 1977, and went to Precision National in April 1980. It was sold to Chicago & North Western in February 1981 and entered service June 1, 1981, as 4149. It was later sold as Nebkota 49.
54, FP9A, was built by General Motors in July 1958, #A1401, FN C242-A9, as Canadian National 6541, Class GPA-173 It became Via Rail Canada 6541, Class DPA-17e, on March 31, 1978, and sold as Nebkota Rail 54 in 1998. It was sold as Canadian Pacific 1401 in 1998.
614, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1956, #21315, FN 5435-37, as Southern Pacific 5490, Class DF-124. It was renumbered 3963, Class EF61804, and rebuilt as 4353, Class EF618-1, in 1988. It was sold as Montana Rail Link 607 in 1996 and transferred as I&M Rail Link 607 in April 1997. It was renumbered 614 in November 1999 and sold as Iowa Chicago & Eastern 614 in August 2003. It was sold as Nebkota 614 in December 2005.
Nebraska Central RR
This is a Rio Grande Pacific line.
1, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1969, #35168, FN 7185-5, as Gulf
Mobile & Ohio 705. It became Illinois
Central 9524 and sold to NPPD as 1 in January 1991.
Nebraska Kansas & Colorado Ry.
This is a Omnitrax line.
3, 44DE-18, was built by Whitcomb in June 1043, #60213, as Chicago & North Western 405. It was retired on December 30, 1960, and sold as N-KRR 3. It was damaged by fire in January 1967 and scrapped in September 1970.
Nebraska Northeastern RR
111, C33-7, was built by General Electric in April 1980, #42879, as Burlington Northern 5087, Class C30-7. It was rebuilt as a C33-7 in May 1992 and assigned as Burlington Northern Santa Fe 5087, Class C33-7. It was retired in January 2001. It was sold as NENE 111.
113, SD40u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1966, #31528 , FN 7561-38, as Southern Pacific 8447, Class EF630-1. It was rebuilt as 7358, Class EF630R-1, in March 1981 and retired on December 19, 2001. It was sold as Northern Illinois & Wisconsin 7358 and sold as NENE 7358. It was renumbered 113.
119, SD40T-2m, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1973, #73621-2, FN 73621-2, as SP 9303, Class EF636-10. It was assigned UP 4889, Class SD45T-2, but retired on March 29, 2001. It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment as LTEX 9303 and rebuilt as SD40T-2. It was sold as NENE 119 in 2007 and sold to S&S Sales and Leasing in 2012.
120, SD40T-2m, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1975, #73674-20, FN 73674-20, as Southern Pacific 9363, Class EF636-15. It was rebuilt as St Louis South-Western 6871, Class EF636CR-1, on February 9, 1989, and became UP 4965, Class SD45T-2, on January 22, 1999. It was renumbered 9965 on August 22, 2002, and sold to as LTEX 9965 in 2003. It was rebuilt as SD40-T2m and sold as NENE 120 in August 2007. It was sold to S&S Sales and Leasing in 2012.
303, SD18u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #25796, as Duluth Missabe & Iron Range 192, Class RS-6, SD18. It was rebuilt as 303 and sold as NENE 303.
605, SD40u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1966, #31763, as Chicago & North Western 890. SD40. It was retired on November 19, 1987, and sold to Livingston Rebuild Center in December 1989. It was rebuilt August 1995 as Kansas City Southern 605 and later sold as NENE 605 in 2008.
1506, GP7u, was built by General Motors in March 1952, #A324, as Canadian Pacific 8411, Class DRS-15s. It was rebuilt in 1982 as 1506, Class DS-17, as sold as J&L Consulting Co 1506. It was sold as NENE 1506.
5567, C33-7, was built by General Electric in January 1979, #42168, as Burlington Northernn 5567, Class C30-7. It was rebuilt as C33-7 in November 1992. It was assigned as Burlington Northern Santa Fe 5567, Class C30-7. but never relettered and retired. It was sold as NENE 5567 and sold as Texas North Western Ry 111.
9602, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #23544, FN 7542-3, as Chicago & North Western 1727. It was rebuilt at Oelwein on November 12, 1979, as 4543 and sold to Kramer Diesel Supply Co in 1992. It was sold as NENE 9602.
9701, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1967, #33327, FN 7060-10, as Baltimore & Ohio 3809, Class GP-38. It was later 2009 and then became CSX Transportation 2009, Class GP-38, in 1987. It was retired on January 22, 1996, and sold to Helm Atlantic on April 10, 1996. It was rebuilt by VMV as NENE 9701 in February 1997 and sold as Texas Rock Crusher Ry 101 in 2005.
Nebraska Northwestern RR
303, SD18u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #25796, as Duluth Missabe & Iron Range 192, Class RS-6, SD18. It was rebuilt as 303 and sold as NNW 303.
1506, GP7u, was built by General Motors in March 1952, #A324, as Canadian Pacific 8411, Class DRS-15s. It was rebuilt in 1982 as 1506, Class DS-17, as sold as J&L Consulting Co 1506. It was sold as NNW 1506.
Nebraska Ordnance Works
No number, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1943, #15886. It became United States Army 7149 and later sold as U S Railway Manufacturing Co 7146. It was merged as Evans Railcar 79 and became Itel Railcar 79. It became Berwind Railway Services 76 and became Watco Mechanical Services J8.
Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo
CFR 395-104 "Riva" was built by Locomotivfabrik Krauss & Co in 1890, #2360 as Mori Arco Riva del Garda Tramway 2 "Riva". It was damaged in 1915 and served in the Ukraine military railways until 1939. It was captured by Germany and sent it Hungary as Magyar Államvasutak 395-104. It was moved to Rumania in 1944 as Căile Ferate Române 395-104 until it was retired in 1968. It was purchased by Plasser & Theurer and donated thru Union Pacific to the Omaha Zoo in 1974. It was restored as CFR 395-104 "Riva".
Lincoln & Beatrice Ry.
There is a special page on this trolley line which became a freight short line.
Public Power District
1, S6, was built by Alco in May 1955, #80923, as Southern
Pacific 1033, Class DS-9. It
was renumbered 1200, Class AS409-1, in 1966 and sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co in
February 1976. It was sold to OPPD
as 1 in July 1976.
2, 45 Ton was built by General Electric in April 1952, #31301. It was sold as Georgia-Pacific Corp no number and sold as Gunderson Rail Car Services Inc no number.
13 was scrapped in 1950,
Sidney & Lowe RR
2, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5511, FN E911-2, as St Louis-San Francisco 251. It became Burlington Northern 411, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982. It was sold to Colorado & Eastern RR as 411 in July 1982 and sold as S&L 2 in August 1987.
8, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #18050, as Chesapeake & Ohio 5876, Class MRSE-15. It was reclassified as Class GP-7 in 1964 and retired in 1984. It was rebuilt and sold as S&L 8.
243, RS1, was built by Alco in May 1943, #70817, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 743, Class S-62. It was sold to Hyman-Michaels Co in March 1968 and resold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co in 1968. It was sold ac Chattahoochee Valley Ry 743 in 1968 and sold as Birmingham Southern Ry 743 on September 3, 1973. It was renumbered 243 in October 1973 and resold as South Hopkins Coal Co 243 "Jiggs". It was then sold to George R Silcott Co and resold as S&L 243. It was sold to Oklahoma Railway Museum in 1989 and restored as Rock Island 743.
6356, GP35u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #29729, FN 7756-28, as Southern Pacific 7727, Class DF-625. It was renumbered 6624, Class EF425-3, in 1965 and rebuilt as 6356, Class EF425-K1, on December 13, 1979. It was retired on October 3, 1995, and sold to Progress Rail on March 22, 1996. It was assigned as S&L 6356 in September 1996. It was sold as Arizona & California RR 3503 in October 1997, and sold as Heart of Georgia RR 1635 in 2006.
Southeast Nebraska Cooperative
2004, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1957, #24133, FN 4414-2, as Pennsylvania RR 7901, Class ES-12. It was renumbered 9051 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9051, Class ES-12, in 1968. It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9355, Class SW-1200, in April 1976 and sold to LLX Rail Inc as LLX 151. It was leased to Luria Brothers in March 2000. It was sold as SNCC 2004.
Omaha Terminal Ry.
This switching road became part of Brandon
1, S1, was built by Alco in June 1945, #73353. It was sold as Hutchinson & Northern Ry 4 in December 1969 and sold as Abilene & Smoky Valley RR Assn 4.
4, S1, was built by Alco in June 1945, #73579. It was sold as H&N 5 in December 1969.
5, S1, was built by Alco in October, 1947, #75358, and was later sold to Nekoosa Paper Co as 14. It is now preserved at the Illinois Railway Museum.
Southwestern Electric Power Co.
This is an American Electric Power Co.
Roster information: Randy Keller
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of Saint Honestus of Nimes
You must accept your cross; if you bear it courageously it will carr you to Heaven.
--St. John Vianney