Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Illinois Central Gulf

Illinois Central Transportation Co.

Paducah Rebuilt Electro-Motive GP Diesels 8000-8099

8003, GP9u, was built in April 1954, #18800, FN 5307-4, as IC 9003, and rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8003 in May 1970. It later became MidSouth Rail 8003 and was renumbered 1022.

8006, GP9u, was built om January 1956, #20794, FN 5409-39, as IC 9156. It was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1977 as ICG 8006.

8009, GP9u, was built in April 1954, #18806, FN 5307-10, as IC 9009. It was rebuilt by Paducah in April 1968 as ICG 8009. It later became Gulf & Mississippi as 8009 and later as MSR as 1058. It was sold to Puget Sound & Pacific 1001 in September 1997.

8010, GP9u, was built in January 1957, #22286, FN 5480-14, as IC 9221.  it was rebuilt by Paducah in June 1974 as ICG 8010.  It was sold to VMV on January 28, 1992, and rebuilt as United States Army USAX 4614 in March 1992.

8012, GP9u, was built in May 1954, #18809, FN 5307-13, as IC 9012.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in August 1970 as ICG 8012 and sold as Chicago Central  & Pacific 8012 and planned as 1723.  It became IC 8409 on October 6, 1998, and sold to National Railway Equipment Co.  It was sold as Vulcan Materials 8409.

8022, GP9u, was built in May 1954, #18819, FN 5307-23, as IC 9022.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in October 1969 as 8022 and sold as International Minerals & Chemical Co 35.

8023, GP9u, was built in May 1954, #18820, FN 5307-24, as IC 9023.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in October 1970 as 8023 and sold as CC&P 8023.  It was renumbered 1723.

8024, GP7u, was built in November 1953, #19068, FN 5231-8, as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 971. It was sold to Precision National Corp as 971 and later rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8024 in August 1975. It was sold to Paducah & Louisville as 8024 and later renumbered 8326.

8030, GP9u, was built in January 1954, #18827, FN 5307-31, as IC 9030. It was rebuilt at Paducah in May 1969 as 8030 and sold as Iowa Interstate RR 8030 in October 1984.  It was renumbered 430 in 1987 and sold to Helm Leasing as Rail Switching Service RSSX 430 in May 1994.

8032, GP9u, was built in June 1954, #18829, FN 5307-33, as IC 9032.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in March 1971 as 8032 and sold as CC&P 8032.  It was assigned 1732 but returned as IC 8414.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment and sold as Arkansas Midland RR 414.

8043, GP7u, was built in April 1953, #17980, FN 5184-10, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 5734, Class DRS-4L. It was reclassed as Class ERS-15 in 1966 and then renumbered 1503 in December 1971. It was sold and rebuilt at Paducah in April 1977 as ICG 8043.

8044, GP9u, was built in May 1954, #19379, FN 5341-3, as IC 9044.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in February 1971 as 8044 and sold as CC&P 8044.  It was renumbered 1744 and returned as IC 8400 in August 1996. 

8046, GP7u, was built in March 1951, #12929, FN 5069-5, as Saint Louis-San Francisco as 567. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8046 and later sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co as 1606.

8049, GP7u, was built in January 1953, #16967, FN 5164-6, as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 960.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in 1973 as ICG 8049 and became IC 8049.  It was sold to Newbergh & South Shore on August 27, 1998, and sold to Rail Switching Services as RSSX 8049.  It was renumbered 5049.

8050, GP9u, was built in December 1958, #25026, FN 5591-6, as IC 9374. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8050 in July 1977.

8053, GP9u, was built in December 1954, #19773, FN 5359-6, as IC 9053.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1972 as 8043 and later sold to Farmrail as 8053.  It was marked Grainbelt 8053 "Quapa".

8054, GP9u, was built in April 1954, #19278, FN 5321-B73, as Union Pacific 202B, Class GP-9, GP9B.  It was retired and sold to Precision National Corp in September 1976.  It was sold to ICG and rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8054, GP10, on October 25, 1977.  It became Illinois Central 8054.  It sold to VMV Enterprises and rebuilt as United States Army 4624.

8056, GP9u, was built in December 1954, #19898, FN 5359-9, as IC 9056.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8056 in April 1970 and became CC&P 8056.  It was assigned 1756 but was sold as Wiregrass Central RR 8056.

8060, GP9u, was built in December 1954, #19902, FN 5359-13, as IC 9060.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in June 1969 as 8060 and sold as Oneida Coal Co 8060.  It was sold as Brooks Run Coal Co 8060 in 1996 and sold as Elk River RR 2 in 1996.

8065, GP9u, was built in December 1954, #19907, FN 5359-18, as IC 9065.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as 8065 in October 1970.  It sold to Chicago Central  & Pacific as 8065 and was later renumbered 1765.  It was sold as Ellis & Eastern RR 27.

8066, GP9u, was built in December 1954, #19908, FN 5359-19, as IC 9066.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in August 1969 as 8066 and sold as Eastern Shore RR 8066 "Exmore" in April 1985.  It was retired in 2005 and sold for parts to Winchester & Western in 2005.

8067, GP9u, was built in January 1957, #22328, FN 5517-6, as IC 9205.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in May 1973 as IC 8067.  It was sold to Yadkin Valley as 8067 on January 6, 1995, and sold to National Railway Equipment Co as NREX 8067 in 2006.  It was sold to Inter-Rail Group Inc as IRTX 8067 in July 2012.

8068, GP9u, was built in January 1955, #20147, FN 5378-1, as IC 9068.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1970 as ICG 8068.  It was sold  as Atlantic & Gulf RR 8068.

8069, GP9u, was built in January 1955, #20148, FN 5378-2, as IC 9069.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in May 1969 as ICG 8069.  It later became G&M as 8069 in July 1985 and later as MSR 1069.  It was rebuilt by Alstom as Kansas City Southern 1869, GG20B, on June 10, 2005, #1RPGGB20151000033.

8071, GP9u, was built in January 1956, #20150, FN 5378-4, as IC 9071.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in April 1971 as 8071 and sold as MidSouth 8071.  It was renumbered 1044 and sold as SP Construction Services (Qwest) 705.  It was sold as Ohio Central RR 705 and assigned as Pacific Wilderness RR 705 in 2000 and 2001.  It was returned as OC 705 and resold to Conrad Yelvington Distributors as CYXX 2114 in 2008.

8072, GP9u, was built in January 1957, #20151, FN 5378-5, as IC 9072.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in April 1968 as 8072 and sold as Valdosta Southern 1284 in 1984.

8076, GP9u, was built in January 1955, #20155, FN 5378-9, as IC 9076.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in May 1972 as ICG 8076 and later sold to MSR as 8076.  It was renumbered 1011 and sold as Meridian Southern RR 1011 in March 2000.

8077, GP9u, was built in January 1955, #20156, FN 5378-10, as IC 9077.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in August 1971 as ICG 8077 and sold as CC&P 8077 in 1985.  It was renumbered 1777 and returned to IC in 1996 as IC 8403.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co on November 17, 1998.

8081, GP9u, was built in February 1955, #20160, FN 5378-14, as IC 9081.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in January 1971 as 8081.  It was sold to MSR in April 1986 and renumbered 1034.  It was wrecked on May 11, 1989, and rebuilt as 1086.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co.

8082, GP9u, was built in February 1955, #20161, FN 5378-15, as IC 9082. It was rebuilt by Paducah in December 1987 as ICG 8082. It later became G&M as 8082 and later as MSR as 1062. It was retired.

8090, GP9u, was built in December 1955, #20757, FN 5409-2, as IC 9119. It was rebuilt at Paducah in February 1975 as 8090 and later sold to Gulf & Ohio as Yadkin Valley RR 8090.

8092, GP7u, was built in April 1953, #17722, FN 6495-2, as IC 8907. It was rebuilt at Paducah in January 1975 as 8092 and later sold to G&O as YV 8092.

8096, GP9u, was built in March 1955, #20175, FN 5378-29, as IC 9096.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in June 1969 as 8096 and sold as Eastern Shore RR 8096 "Cape Charles" in April 1985.  The name was later removed.  It was sold to BCRR in 2006 but apparently not used.  It was sold to J&L Consulting Co as JLCX 8096 in 2010.

8099, GP9u, was built in December 1957, #23835, FN 5553-36, as IC 9335. It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8099 in March 1974. It was wrecked at Simsboro, LA, in 1987.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/12/2016

Memorial of Saint Dionysius of Asia

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Charity includes everything.  With fresh needs it invents new means.

--St. Eugene de Mazenod