Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Norfolk & Western

Electro-Motive GP9 Diesels

502 was built in February 1957, #22187, FN 5486-3, as 764.  It was renumbered 502 in November 1958 and retired in November 1983.  It was sold for scrap to Pielet Bros in January 1992.

513 was built in November 1958, #24955, FN 5583-8.  It was rebuilt as 103, TC-10, in January 1987 and was sold as Rail Serve Inc 103 in December 2005.

519 was built in November 1958, #24961, FN 5583-14.  It was rebuilt as 101, TC-10, in December 1985 and was sold as Right Cooperative Association 101,

648 was built in January 1959, #24800, FN 5582-29.  It was rebuilt in April 1983 as 9712, RP-E4, and became Norfolk Southern 912, Class RP-E4.

651 was built in January 1959, #24803, FN 5582-32. It was retired in September 1985. It was traded in to Electro-Motive and scrap by Cycle System in May 1986.

675 was built in February 1959, #24827, FN 5586-12.  It was retired in April 1987 and sold as Kentucky Criterion Coal Co 675 in June 1988.  It became Consolidation Coal Co 675 and donated to Bluegrass Scenic RR and Museum.  It was restored as N&W 675 in 2007.

677 was built in March 1959, #24829, FN 5586-14. It was retired tn April 1985. It was traded in to General Electric and scrap by Naporano Iron & Metal in June 1985.

686 was built in March 1959, #24838, FN 5586-23.  It was retired in April 1987 and sold as Hampton & Branchville RR 686 in December 1987.

690 was built in April 1959, #24842, FN 5586-27.  It was retired in April 1987 and sold to Steel Processing Services and to Sequatchie Valley RR as 690.

696 was built in April 1959, #24848, FN 5586-33. It was retired in April 1992 and sold to Laurinburg & Southern 696 in June 1992. It was sold for scrap by Steel Processing Services in December 1993.

730 was built in July 1956, #21849, FN 5459-17.  It was rebuilt as 5003 and renumbered 2003.  It was sold as South Branch Valley 6352 in July 1992 and renumbered 92.

759 was built in February 1957, #22182, FN 5476-25. It was retired in May 1985 and traded in to General Electric. It was sold for scrap by Naporano in March 1986.

761 was built in February 1957, #22184, FN 5476-27. It was retired in September 1982 and traded in to General Electric. It was sold for scrap by Naporano in August 1983.

768 was built in April 1957, #23045, FN 5522-1. It was retired in May 1985 and traded to Electro-Motive. It was sold for scrap by Cycle on August 1985.

794 was built in May 1957, #23071, FN 5522-26. It was retired in May 1985 and traded in to General Electric.  It was sold to Gibbs Railway Equipment and sold as Maryland Midland RR 794 in August 1985.  It was renumbered 200 and rebuilt at Livingston in October 1992.  It was transferred as Corpus Christi Terminal RR 1701 in 2014.

853 was built in May 1959, #24862, FN 5587-2.  It was retired in February 1985 and traded in to General Electric.  It was sold for scrap by Naporano in June 1985.

856 was built in June 1959, #24865, FN 5587-5. It was rebuilt at Roanoke in October 1982 as 9710 and then sold to Central Oregon & Pacific as 4165 in January 1998. It was transferred as New England Central 809 in February 2013.

861 was built in June 1959, #24878, FN 5587-19. It was retired in July 1986 and sold for scrap to Louisville Scrap Metal in December 1992.

873 was built in May 1959, #24882, FN 5587-23.  It was rebuilt as 9853, RP-E4U, on August 30, 1990, and rebuilt as Norfolk Southern 963, Class RP-E4U.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co as NREX 963 on September 13, 2012.

881 was built in August 1959, #24890, FN 5587-31. It was retired in August 1984 and rebuilt as RP-E4U 9848 in May 1985.

882 was built in August 1959, #24891, FN 5587-32.  It was retired in December 1983 and sold to General Electric in June 1984.  It was sent to Pielet Bros for scrap.

2448 was built in June 1955, #20453, FN 5395-1, as New York Chicago & St Louis 448, Class ERS-17A  It was wrecked on December 6, 1956, and rebuilt in June 1957, #23756.  It became N&W 2448 in 1965 and retired.  It was sold to Cycle System for scrap.

2449 was built in June 1955, #20454, FN 5395-2, as NYC&StL 449, Class ERS-17A.  It became N&W as 2449 in 1965 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to Cycle Systems for scrap in March 1983.

2451 was built in June 1955, #20456, FN 5395-3, as NYC&StL 451, Class ERS-17A.  It became N&W 2451 in 1965 and sold for scrap to Naporano on August 19, 1983.

2454 was built in June 1955, #20459, FN 5395-6, as NYC&StL 454, Class ERS-17A.  It became N&W 2454 in 1965 and was retired in April 1985.  It was sold to Electro-Motive and sent to Cycle Systems in October 1985.

2461 was built in July 1955, #20466, FN 5395-14, as NYC&StL 461, Class ERS-17A.  It went to N&W as 2461 in 1965 and was retired in April 1985.  It was sold to Electro-Motive and sent to Cycle Systems in October 1985.

2463 was built in July 1955, #20468, FN 5395-16, as NYC&StL 463, Class ERS-17A.  It became N&W 2463 in 1965 and was retired in Apri; 1985.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive and sent to Cycle Systems in November 1985.

2464 was built in July 1955, #20469, FN 5395-17, as NYC&StL 464, Class ERS-17A.  It became N&W 2464 in 1965 and was retired on April 22, 1985.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in June 1985.

2475 was built in July 1955, #20480, FN 5395-28, as NYC7StL 475, Class ERS-17A.  It became N&W 2475 in 1965 and was retired in April 1985.  It was traded in to General Electric and  sold it to Gibbs Railway Equipment,  It was sold to Winchester & Western as 475 in September 1986.

2478 was built in July 1955, #20483, FN 5396-2, as NYC&StL 478, Class ERS-17B,  It became N&W 2478 in 1965 and traded in to General Electric.  It was sold for scrap to Naporano in January 1986.

2479 was built in July 1955, #20484, FN 5396-3, as NYC&StL 479, Class ERS-17B.  It became N&W 2479 in 1965 and was retired in April 1985.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive and sent to Illinois Scrap Processing in July 1985.

2481 was built in August 1956, #21909, FN 5463-2, as NYC&StL 481, Class ERS-17D.  It became N&W 2481 in 1965 and was retired in August 1985.  It was traded in to General Electric and sent to Naporano Iron & Metal in November 1986.

2482 was built in June 1957, #23760, FN 8049-1, as NYC&StL 482, Class ERS-17C.  In 1965 it became N&W 2482 and was retired on April 16, 1987.  It was sold to Golden Age Rail Equipment Co.

2498 was built in September 1956, #21924, FN 5462-13, as NYC&StL 498, Class ERS-17D. In 1965 it became N&W 2498 and was retired in April 1985.  It was traded in to General Electric and sold it to Gibbs Railway Equipment, who sold it to WW as 498 in September 1986.

2514 was built in March 1958, #24505, FN 5578-6, as NYC&StL 514, Class ERS-17E.  In 1965 it became N&W 2514 and sent to Steamtown in April 1985.  It was restored as NKP 514.

2522 was built in March 1958, #24513, FN 5578-14, as NYC&StL 522, Class ERS-17E.  In 1965 it became N&W 2522.  It was retired on April 22, 1985, and sold for scrap to Cycle Systems.

2529 was built in March 1958, #24520. as NYC&StL 529, Class ERS-17E.  In 1965 it became N&W 2529 and was renumbered 1459 in 1983.  It was retired in April 1985 and traded in to Electro-Motive.  It was sent for scrap to Pielet Brothers in August 1984.

2801 was built in January 1959, #25079, FN 5592-7, as NYC&StL 801, Class ERS-17G.  In 1965 it became N&W 2801 and was renumbered 1471 in 1983.  It was retired on April 1985 and traded in to General Electric on April 5, 1985.  It was sold as Dakota Minnesota & Eastern 1471 "City of Watertown" on October 10, 1986, and sold as Minnesota Northern RR 1471 in August 1998.  It was transferred as Huron & Eastern 1721 in May 2013.

2804 was built in January 1959, #25082, FN 5592-10, as NYC&StL 804, Class ERS-17G.  In 1965 it became N&W 2804 and was renumbered 1474 in 1983.  It was retired on April 22, 1985, and sold for scrap to Cycle Systems in August 1985.

2808 was built in January 1959, #25086, FN 5592-14, as NYC&StL 808, Class ERS-17G.  In 1965 it became N&W 2808 and was renumbered 1478 in 1983.  It was retired on May 25, 1984, and traded in to Electro-Motive.  It was sent to Cycle Systems for scrap.

2811 was built in January 1959, #25089, FN 5592-17, as NYC&StL 811, Class ERS-17G.  In 1965 it became N&W 2811 and was renumbered 1481 in 1983.  It was retired in April 1985 and traded in to General Electric.  It was sold as Winchester & Western 811 in September 1986.

2812 was built in February 1959, #25090, FN 5592-18, as NYC&StL 812, Class ERS-17G.  In 1965 it became N&W 2812 and was renumbered 1482 in 1983.  It was retired in April 1985 and traded in to Electro-Motive.  It was sent for scrap to Cycle Systems in December 1985.

2814 was built in February 1959, #25092, FN 5592-20, as NYC&StL 814, Class ERS-17G. In 1965 it became N&W 2814. It was renumbered 1484 in 1983 and sold to General Electric on April 5, 1985. It was acquired by Dakota Minnesota & Eastern as 1484 "City of Tracy" on October 10, 1986, and was later sold to Taylor Machine Works. It was sold as Minnesota Northern RR 1484.

3493 was built in April 1956, #21213. FN 5429-1, as Wabash RR 493, Class D-17.  It became N&W 3493 in 1965 and retired in April 1984.  It was traded to Electro-Motive and sold for scrap to Pielet Borthers in August 1984.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/24/2017

Memorial of Our Lady, Help of Christians

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Reading the Holy Scriptures confers two benefits.  It trains the mind to understand them; it turns man's attention from the follies of the world and leads him to the love of God.

---St. Isidore of Seville