Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Burlington Northern Railroad

Electro-Motive GP7 Diesels

1501, Class GP-7, was built in November 1950, #11050, FN 6017-2, as Great Northern 601. Class GP-7. It became BN 1501, Class GP-7, in 1970. It became Fort Worth & Denver as 701 and then was renumbered 1671, Class GP-7, in 1979. It went to BN 1671, Class GP-7, in January 1982. It was retired and sold to Southwest Ry Car Parts for scrap in April 1983.

1503, Class GP-7, was built in November 1950, #11052, FN 6017-4, as GN 603, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1503, Class GP-7, in 1970.  It became FW&D as 703 and then was renumbered 1673, Class GP-7, in 1979.  It was retired in July 1982 and sold as Iowa RR 1673.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in November 1987 and sold to Farmrail Corp.  It was marked as Grainbelt 8254.

1506, Class GP-7,  was built in September 1950, #11032, FN 5029-1, as GN 606, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1506, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt as 1406, Class GP-10, in June 1975.  It became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 1406, Class GP-10, in February 2002. and rebuilt at Alsthom as 1213, Class Green Goat, in December 2005.

1508, Class GP-7, was built in September 1950, #11034, FN 5029-3, as GN 608, Class GP-7. It became BN 1508, Class GP-7, in 1970. It was rebuilt at West Burlington in August 1975 as 1408, Class GP-10. It later was BNSF 1408, Class GP-10, in June 1999 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment Co in July 2011.

1510, Class GP-7, was built in September 1950, #11036, FN 5029-5, as GN 610, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1510, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt as 1438, Class GP-10, in November 1976.  It became BNSF 1438, Class GP-10, in January 2004 and rebuilt at Alsthom as 1212, Class Green Goat, in December 2005.  It was retired on January 21, 2011.

1515, Class GP-7, was built in October 1950, #11041, FN 5029-10, as GN 615, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1515, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt in January 1975 as 1415, Class GP-10.  It was sold as Iowa Interstate RR 405 in April 1988 and sold to Power Source Supply Inc as PWSX 405 in May 2005.

1518, Class GP-7, was built in October 1950, #11044, FN 5029-13, as GN 618, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1518, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt in March 1975 as 1418, Class GP-10.  It became BNSF 1418, Class GP-10, in January 2002 and  and sold as Independent Locomotive Service as ILSX 1418.

1520, Class GP-7, was built in October 1950, #11046, FN 5029-15, as GN 620, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1520, Class GP-7, and rebuilt in June 1975 as 1420, Class GP-10.  It was sold as Twin City & Western 401 in May 1991 and sold to Independent Locomotive Service in September 1999.  It was sold as Belt Line Ry of Chicago 482 and later sold to Relco as RLCX 1702.

1521, Class GP-7, was built in October 1950, #11047, FN 5029-16, as GN 621, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1521, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt as 1400, Class GP-10, in August 1974.   It became BNSF 1400, Class GP-10, in February 2002, and sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 1600 on December 26, 2008.

1522, Class GP-7, was built in October 1950, #11048, FN 5019-17, as GN 622, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1522, Class GP-7, in 1970 and sold as Potlatch Forests Inc 1522 in January 1972.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8465 in September 1976 and sold to Canac on May 20, 2000.  It was sold as Pioneer Rail Equipment Co as 1000 and assigned as Elkhart & Western RR 1000.

1523, Class GP-7, was built in April 1951, #13336, FN 5076-1, as GN 623, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1523, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt as 1401, Class GP-10, on September 16, 1974.  It was retired on February 25, 1991, and sold to Red River Valley & Western on May 17, 1991.  It became TC&W 402 and sold to Independent Locomotive Services in September 1991.  It was sold as BRC 483 and later sold as RLCX 1703.

1528, Class GP-7, was built in May 1951, #13341, FN 5076-6, as GN 628, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1528, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt as 1422, Class GP-10, in June 1975.  It became BNSF 1422, Class GP-10, in 2005, and sold to National Railway Equipment as NREX 1422 in 2014.

1529, Class GP-7, was built in May 1951, #13342, FN 5076-7, as GN 629, Class GP-7. It became BN 1529, Class GP-7, in 1970, and was later sold to Precision National Corp as 1500. It then was sold to Agrico Corp as 1515.

1543, Class GP-7, was built in June 1951, #13356, FN 5076-21, as GN 643, Class GP-7.  It became BN 1543, Class GP-7, in 1970, and retired on June 29, 1982.  It was traded in to General Electric on July 2, 1982.

1546, Class GP-7, was built in June 1951, #13359, FN 5076-24, as GN 646, Class GP-7.  It became GN 1546, Class GP-7, in 1970 and rebuilt as 1403, Class GP-10, in July 1974.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment in August 2004.

1557, Class GP-7,  was built in September 1951, #13170, FN 5072-2, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 201.  It became BN 1557, Class GP-7, in1970 and was retired in October 1982.  It was sold as Colorado & Eastern 1557 in November 1982 and sold for scrap to Pielet Brothers in July 1988.

1562, Class GP-7, was built in September 1951, #13175, FN 5072-7, as CB&Q 206.  It became BN 1562, Class GP-7, in 1970 and retired in October 1982.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in November 1982.

1568, Class GP-7, was built in September 1951, #13181, FN 5072-13, as CB&Q 212. It became BN 1568, Class GP-7, in 1970 and was retired in September 1983. It was sold to Precision National Corp in December 1983.

1579, Class GP-7, was built in September 1951, #14687, FN 5072-24, as CB&Q 223.  It became BN 1579, Class GP-7, in 1970 and retired in September 1983.  It was sold to MidContinent Railway Museum in December 1983 and sold as Indiana & Ohio Ry 51 in March 1985.  It was sold as Jaxport Terminal Ry 51 in October 1993.

1593, Class GP-7, was built in September 1951, #14701, FN 5072-38, as CB&Q 237.  It became BN 1593, Class GP-7, in 1970 and retired in October 1982.  It was sold as COE 1593 in November 1982.

1601, Class GP-7, was built in November 1952, #14709, FN 5148-6, as CB&Q 245.  It became BN 1601, Class GP-7, in 1970 and retired and sold to Erman-Howell in December 1983.  It was rebuilt by Mid America as Habco-Loram Inc 6891.

1607, Class GP-7, was built in November 1952, #16712, FN 5148-12, as CB&Q 251.  It became BN 1607, Class GP-7, in 1970 and retired in November 1981.  It was sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in December 1981.

1612, Class GP-7, was built in December 1953, #18972, FN 5312-4, as CB&Q 256.  It became BN 1612, Class GP-7, in 1970.  It was retired and sold to I Bork & Son in December 1983.

1617, Class GP-7, was built in December 1953, #18977, FN 5312-9, as CB&Q 261. It became BN 1617, Class GP-7, in 1970.   It was retired in August 1983 and sold as Great Western Ry 1617 in September 1983.  It was sold as Lake County RR 1617 in 1996 and sold to Western Rail as WRIX 1617.  It was sold to Northern Illinois &Wisconsin Ry as NIWX 1617 in 2010.

1618, Class GP-9, was built in December 1953, #18978, FN 5512-10, as CB&Q 262.  It became BN 1618, Class GP-7, in 1970.  It was traded in to General Electric in October 1982.

1623, Class GP-7, was built in December 1953, #18983, FN 5312-15, as CB&Q 267. It became BN 1623, Class GP-7, in 1970 and was sold to I Bork & Sons in December 1983. It was sold to East Camden & Highland RR as 65 in March 1985 and later sold to GWR as 715 in January 1991.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/20/2016

Memorial of Saint Eleutherius of Tournai

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

This day the Lord, your God, commands you to observe these statues and decrees.  Be careful then, to observe them with all of your heart and with all of your soul.

Deutereonomy 26:16