Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Electro-Motive GP7 Diesels
102, Class GP-7, was built in February 1953, #17829, FN 6483-3, as 702. It was renumbered 102 in October 1953 and sold to Precision National on December 27, 1977. It was rebuilt and sold to Amtrak as 776 in April 1978
106, Class GP7, was built in February 1953, #17833, FN 6483-7, as 706. It was renumbered 106 on November 20, 1953, and retired on February 14, 1977. It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co in October 1978 and rebuilt at Silvis as CC 6500. It was leased and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal Co in October 1978. Instead of scrap it was rebuilt as Michigan Northern 1601.
(106), Class GP-7, was built in October 1952, #17030, FN 5197-6, as Western Pacific 706, Class RS-62. It was assigned as Union Pacific 106, Class GP-7, in November 1983 but retired on March 18, 1985, without numbering. It was sold to Mountain Diesel Transportation on July 15, 1987, and sold to Sequatchie Valley RR as 706 by September 1990.
(109), Class GP-7, was built in October 1952, #17056, FN 5197-8, as WP 708, Class RS-62. It was assigned as UP 109 on November 16, 1983, but it was retired on August 1, 1984. It was donated to Feather River Rail Society on August 2, 1984.
(114) was built in April 1953, #18168, FN 5230-3, as WP 712, Class RS-62. It was transferred as Sacramento Northern RR 712, Class RS-62, in July 1971. It was assigned as UP 114 on November16, 1983, but it was retired on March 18, 1985. It was donated to Western Railroad Museum in July 1985 and was traded to the Western Pacific Railroad Museum at Portola in 2006.
108, Class GP-7, was built in March 1953, #17835, FN 5321-6. It was renumbered 708 on November 19, 1953, and retired on April 11. 1978. It was sold to Precision National Corp in October 1978 and rebuilt by Illinois Central Gulf 8744, GP11, in May 1980. It was sold to National Railway Equipment on April 24, 2000. It was sold to Carload Express and Southwest Pennsylvania RR 2002 in 2000.
116, Class GP-7, was built in August 1953, #18575, FN 5245-7. It was renumbered 716 on November 17, 1953 and sold to Precision National Corp in May 1978. It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal Corp in January 1979. It was sold to Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe and rebuilt at Cleburne in June 1980 as 118, Class 115. It was renumbered 1118, Class 1115, on August 10, 1989, and became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 3962, Class Slug, on January 24, 2000.
120, Class GP-7, was built in October 1953, #18711, FN 5305-1, as 720. It was renumbered 120 on November 16, 1953 and retired in February 1979. It was sold to Peaker Services in January 1980 and scrapped.
122, Class GP-7, was built in October 1953, #18713, FN 5305-3, as 722. It was renumbered 122 on November 16, 1953 and retired on April 11, 1978. It was sold to Precision National Corp in November 1978 and sold to Illinois Central Gulf in November 1978. It was rebuilt at Paducah as 8725 in November 1979. It became Illinois Central 8725 and sold to National Railway Equipment Co as NREX 8725.
126, Class GP-7, was built in October 1953, 18717, FN 5305-7, as 726. It was renumbered 126 in October 1953 and retired in August 1981. It was sold for scrap to General Metals on August 31, 1981.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of Saint Lambert of Saragossa
The spirit of humility is sweeter than honey, and those who nourish themselves with this honey produce sweet fruit.
---St. Anthony of Padua