Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Rio Grande Pacific Corporation

 

Idaho Northern & Pacific

The Idaho Northern & Pacific Railroad Company, a collection of four (4) former Union Pacific Railroad branch lines, is a 210 mile property operating in Idaho and northeast Oregon. Shipments are predominately timber and forest products, agricultural products, and chemicals. Rio Grande Pacific Corporation maintains a 100% equity interest in this property.

 

101, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1956, #21703, FN 5453-18, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6066, Class MRSE-17. It was reclassified GP-9 in 1964. It went to Huron & Eastern as 101 "County of Sanilac" in 1989 and was sold to INDR as 101 in November 1993. In 1994 it was sold to the Port of Tillamook Bay RR as 101.

102, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1956, #22050, FN 5467-34, as C&O 6142, Class MRSE-17.  It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and sold as H&E 102.  It was sold as INDR 102 in November 1993 and returned as HESR 102 in 1994.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 102 in 1995 and sold to Smoky Hill Railway & Historical Society as SHRX 102 in 1996.

103, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1956, #22562, FN 5509-13, as C&O 6179, Class MRSE-17.  It was reclassified Class GP-9 in 1964 and sold as Prairie Trunk RR 679 in 1987.  It was sold as HESR 103 in 1989 and became INDR 103 in 1993.  It went as South Central Tennessee 103 in 1994 and went as Octoraro RR 103.  It became Delaware Valley RR 105 and returned as HESR 103.

105, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #22837, FN 5512-4, as Central Vermont 4548, Class GR-17j. It was transferred later to Grand Trunk Western as 4548, Class GR-17j. In 1989 it was sold to HESR as 105 "City of Vassar". In 1993 it was sent to IN&P as 105. In 1994 it was returned to the HESR and then transferred to ORR as 105 and then to DV as 105 and then to Gettysburg RR as 105 and finally returned to H&E as 105.

1108, F3Aa, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3599, FN E695-A14, as Alton RR 813.  It became Gulf Mobile & Ohio 806-B in June 1947 and Illinois Central Gulf 1606 in 1972.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as Massachuesets Bay Transit Authority 1108 in April 1978 and sold as I&NP 1108.

1112, F3Au, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1947, #3945, FN E740-A4, as GM&O 808-B.  It became ICG 1609 in 1972 and rebuilt at Paducah as MBTA 1112 in 1977.  It was sold as INPR 1112.

1707, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1950, #11498, FN 6096-4, as Seaboard Air Line 1707, a GP7.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 887 in July 1967 and rebuilt at Uceta in March 1980 as Clinchfield RR 4607.  It became as Seaboard System 4607 in January 1983 and renumbered 1707 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 1707, Class GP-16, in April 1986 and retired on February 19, 1993.  It was sold as Minnesota Commercial RR 1707 and resold as INPR 1707.

2074, GP7u, was built Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18893, FN 6522-13, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2876, Class 2650. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in July 1974 as 2074, Class 2050. It was retired on July 19, 1991, and sold as Pielet in October 1991. It was sold then to INPR 2074 in January 1996.

2094, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1952, #17000, FN 5170-1, as AT&SF 2773, Class 2650. It was rebuilt in March 1977 at Cleburne as 2094, Class 2050. It was sold to Pielet Brothers in October 1991 and then to INPR as 2094.

4500, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1966, #32356, FN 7929-7, as Atlantic Coast Line 921.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 1506 in July 1967 and Seaboard System 1506 in January 1983.  It was renumbered 6663 in 1984 and became CSX Transportation 6663, Class GP-40, in April 1986.  It was sold as I&NP 4500 in 1994 and sold as Pacific Imperial RR 4500 in July 2013.  It was lettered STBX temporarily for transit.

4501, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1966, #32361, FN 7629-12, as ACL 926.  It became SCL 1511 in July 1967 and SBD 1511 in January 1983.  It was renumbered 6668 in 1984 and became CSX 6668, Class GP-40, in April 1986.  It was sold as I&NP 4501 in 1994 and sold as PIRR 4501 in July 2013.  It was lettered STBX temporarily for transit.

4503, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1969, #35085, FN 7183-7, as SCL 1572.  It became SBD 1572 in January 1983 and renumbered 6727 in 1984.  It became CSX 6727, Class GP-40, in April 1986 and sold as I&NP 4503 in 1994.

4504, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1970, #35093, FN 7183-15, as SCL 1580.  It became SBD 1580 in January 1983 and renumbered 6735 in 1984.  It became CSX 6735, Class GP-40, in April 1986.  It was sold as I&NP 4504 in 1994 and sold as PIRR 4504 in July 2013.  It was lettered STBX temporarily for transit.

4505, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1970, #35914, FN 7229-28, as SCL 1613.  It became SBD 1613 in January 1983 and renumbered in 6767 in 1984.  It became CSX 6767, Class GP-40, in April 1986 and sold as I&NP 4505 in 1994.  It was renumbered  Webb Asset Management Co  WAMX 3532.

4508, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #29912, FN 7774-13, as Southern Ry 2657. It was leased as Wheeling & Lake Erie 2657 and sold to National Ry Equipment Co in October 1992. It was sold to INPR as 4508 in 1994.  It was sold as Wallowa Union RR 4508 in 2003.

 

4510, GP35 was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #29930, FN 7774-31, as Southern 2675.  It was leased as W&LE 2675 and sold as INPR 4510 in 1994.  It was sold to Motive Power Resources Inc as MVPX 4510 in 2012 and sold to Arkansas-Oklahoma RR as AOK 4510 in March 2013.


Nebraska Central RR

1005, GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1966, #32354, FN 7929-5, as Atlantic Coast Line 919.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 1504 in July 1967 and then Seaboard System 6661.  It then became CSX Transportation 6661, Class GP-40, and rebuilt at Boise on February 28, 1997, as Union Pacific 2505, GP38-3, and renumbered 1005 on March 7, 2003.  It was retired on November 26, 2007, and sent to Helm Leasing Co as HLCX 1005.  It was sold as NCRC1005.

1024, GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1971, #36745, FN 7275-25, as Baltimore & Ohio  3764, Class GP-40.  It was renumbered 9764 from February 1981 and April 30, 1981, and renumbered 6540 in 1986.  It became CSX 6540, Class GP-40, in 1987 and wrecked at Walbridge, OH, on January 15, 1996.  It was retired on February 1, 1997, and sold to Helm Leasing Corp.  It was shipped to Metro East Industries and rebuilt by VMV at Paducah as a GP38-3 on January 26, 1998 as UP 2524, Class GP38-3.  It was renumbered 1024 on November 5, 2001, and retired on October 13, 2003.  It was returned to Helm and leased as Kansas City Southern 1024.  It was sold as NCRC 1024 in 2011.

2058, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1952, 17624, FN 5219-1, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2813, Class 2650. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in October 1973 as 2058, Class 2050. It was retired on July 19, 1991, and sold to Pielet Brothers in October 1991. It was then sold to NCRC as 2058 and transferred to Wichta Tillman & Jackson as 2058 in May 1997.

2086, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #16371, FN 5145-6, as AT&SF 2727, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in January 1973 as 2086, Class 2050.  It was retired on July 19, 1991, and sold to Pielet Brothers.  It was sold as NCRC 2086 in August 1995 and transferred as WTJR 2086 in June 1997.

4200, GP38MAC, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1966, #32122, FN 7918-1, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 170, GP40.  It was to National Railway Equipment on October 9, 1991, and rebuilt as NCRC 4200 in 1993.  It was sold to Farmrail Corp as FMRC 4200 in December 2011.

4201, GP38MAC, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #32126, FN 5713-1, as MKT 174, GP40.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co on October 9, 1991 and rebuilt as NCRC 4201 in August 1993.  It was sold as FMRC 4201 in December 2011.

4202, GP38MAC, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #32129, FN 5713-4, as MKT 177, GP40.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment on October 9, 1991, and rebuilt as NCRC 4202 in August 1993.  It was sold as FMRC 4202 in December 2011.

4203, GP38MAC, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1969, #35460, FN 7192-7, as MKT 217, GP40. It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in October 9, 1991, and rebuilt it in August 1993 as NCRC 4203.  It was sold as FMRC 4203 in December 2011.

4204, GP38MAC was built by Elecro-Motive in September 1966, #32232, FN 7926-1, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 340, GP40. It became Union Pacific 600 on April 16, 1980, and later became Missouri Pacific 600 on June 7, 1985. It was retired June 5, 1991, and sold to National Railway Equipment Co on October 9, 1991.  It was rebuilt as NCRC 4204, GP38MAC, in 1993 and sold to FMRC 4204 in December 2011.

5315, SD45, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1967, #32689, FN 7951-1, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 5315, Class DE C-C 98.  It was reclassified as Class EF636B-1 and retired in July 1994.  It was sold to OmniTrax on July 15, 1994, and sold as NCRC 5315 on May 29, 1997.


New Orleans & Gulf Coast Ry.

The New Orleans & Gulf Coast Railway Company (NOGC), a former Railtex property, known as the New Orleans and Lower Coast Railroad (NOLR). This former Union Pacific Railroad branch line is 24 miles long and located just outside New Orleans, Louisiana. The NOGC interchanges in UP's Gouldsboro Yard and runs the delta to Myrtle Grove. Major shippers include Chevron Chemical Company, Harvest States and British Petroleum with shipments of petroleum, petroleum additives and grain. Rio Grande Pacific Corporation maintains a 100% equity interest in this property.

1744 was built by Baldwin in November 1901, #19671, as Southern Pacific 1744, Class M-6, a compound. It was simpled at Sacramento on January 6, 1912, and superheated at Sparks on July 16, 1919. It was retired on September 24, 1956, and donated to the National Society of the Sons of Utah Pioneers at Corinne, UT, on May 9, 1959. It then went to the Heber Creeper where it was operated until it was purchased by Fort Worth & Western in 1990. Rebuilding was begun but never completed until it was sold to the NO&GC in 1999. They had a crew rebuild the locomotive at 7th Street prior to shipping it to New Orleans in October 2000. It made several break-in trips before shipment. Unfortunately the excursion traffic never materialized and the service ended soon after it started. It was sold in 2007 as Rio Grande Scenic RR 1744.

507, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18515, FN 5280-4, as New York Central 5811, Class DRS-4p.  It was reclassified as Class ERS-15 in 1966 and became Penn Central 5811, Class ERS-15, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp as 5811, Class GP-7, in April 1976 and sold to Precision National Corp in October 1979.  It was sold to Chicago & North Western in April 1980 and rebuilt as 4436 on April 29, 1980.  It was retired in May 1994 and sold to OmniTrax in October 1994.  It was sold as NOCG 507.

1105, F3Au, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3589, FN E695-A1, as Alton RR 803.  It became Gulf Mobile & Ohio 801-B in June 1947 and Illinois Central Gulf 1603 in 1972 and retired on March 16, 1977.  It was rebuilt in 1977 at Paducah as Massachuesets Bay Transit Authority 1105 and sold to NOCG 1105.

1106, F3Au, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3592, FN E695-A7, as Alton 806. In June 1947 it became GM&O 803-A and ICG 1604 in 1972. It was rebuilt at Paducah as MBTA 1106 in 1977 and sold as NOCG 1106.


Wichita Tillman & Jackson Ry

506, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #14244, FN 5091-7, as Saint Louis-San Francisco 598.  It was sold toPrecision National and operated as PNC 598.  It was sold in March 1980 as Chicago & North Western  and became 4453 on May 13, 1980.  It was retired in May 1994 and sold to OmniTrax in October 1994 as GWRX 4453.  It was sold to  SP Construction Services as SPCX 506 and sold as Wichita Tillman & Jackson 506.  It was was sold to Rail Switching Service as RSSX 506 in June 2012.

1001, GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1967, #33467, FN 7075-19, as Louisville & Nashville 3028, Class GP-40.  It became Seaboard System RR 6824 and later CSX Transportation 6824, Class GP-40.  It was rebuilt by Motive Power Industries as Union Pacific 2501, GP38-3, on February 11, 1997.  It was renumbered 1001 on September 3, 2001, and retired on November 26, 2007.  It was returned as Helm Leasing Co 1001 and leased as Kansas City Southern 1001.  It was sold as WT&J 1001 in April 2012.

1008, GP38-3, was built bu Electro-Motive in September 1967, #33452, FN 7075-4, as L&N 3013, Class GP-40.  It became SBD 3013 in January 1983.  It was renumbered 6809 in 1984 and CSX 6809, Class GP-40, in April 1986.  Apparently it was not relettered for a year or so.  It was rebuilt by Boise Locomotive as UP 2508, Class GP38-3, on March 9, 1997, and renumbered 1008 on April 10, 2002.  It was retired on November 26, 2007, and sold to Helm as HLCX 1008.  It was sold as WT&J 1008 in April 2012.

1012, Class GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1967, #33449, FN 7075-1, as L&N 3010, Class GP-40.  It became SBD 3010 in January 1983.  It was renumbered 6806 in 1984 and later later became CSX 6806, Class GP-40, in April 1986.  It was rebuilt by Boise Locomotive as UP 2512, Class GP38-3, on April 20, 1997, and renumbered 1012 on November 15, 2002.  It was retired on November 26, 2007, and sold to Helm as HLCX 1012.  It was sold as WT&J 1012 in 2012.

1018, GP38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1971, #36734, FN 7275-14, as Baltimore & Ohio 3753, Class GP-40.  It became CSX 6529, Class GP-40, and rebuilt by Motive Power Industries as UP 2518, GP38-3, on August 2, 1997.  It was renumbered 1018 on April 23, 2003, and retired on November 15, 2007.  It was returned as HLCX 1018 and leased as  KCS 1018.  It was sold as WT&J 1018 in April 2012.

2058, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1952, #17624, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2813, Class 2650. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in October 1973 as 2058, Class 2050. It was retired on July 19, 1991, and sold to Pielet Brothers in October 1991. It was then sold to Nebraska Central RR as 2058 and transferred to WT&J as 2058 in May 1997.

2086, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #16371, FN 5145-5, as AT&SF 2727, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in January 1973 as 2086, Class 2050.  It was retired on July 19, 1991, and sold to Pielet Brothers.  It was sold as NCRC 2086 in August 1995 and transferred as WTJR 2086 in June 1997.

4364, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, #11991, FN 5045-10, as SL-SF 533. It was sold to Precision National and operated as PNC 533. It was sold in August 1976 as C&NW 4364. It was retired on February 8, 1991, and was sold to OmniTrax. It then became WT&J as 4364 in 1991.  It was sold as RSSX 4364 in June 2012.

4367, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1950, #9914, FN 6080-4, as SL-SF 514. It was sold to Precision National and operated as PNC 514. It was sold in August 1976 as C&NW 4367. It was retired on February 8, 1991, and was sold to OmniTrax. It then became WT&J as 4367 in 1991.  It was sold as RSSX 4367 in June 2012.

4370, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #14251, FN 5091-14, as SL-SF 605. It was sold to Precision National and sold to C&NW in July 1976 and rebuilt at Oelwein in August 1976 as C&NW 4370.  It was retired on February 8, 1991, and sold to OmniTrax in February 1991.  It was sold as WT&J 4370.

4443, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1951, #13323, FN 5074-18, as SL-SF 590. It was sold to Precision National and operated as PNC 590 until sold to C&NW in March 1980. It entered service as C&NW 4443 on June 3, 1980. It was retired on February 8, 1991, as sold to OmniTrax. It then became WT&J as 4443 in 1991.  It was sold as RSSX 4443 in June 2012.

4451, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #14243, FN 5091-6, as SL-SF 562. It was sold to Precision National and operated as PNC 562 until sold to C&NW in March 1980. It entered service as C&NW 4451 on May 15, 1980. It was retired on February 19, 1991, and sold to OmniTrax. It then became WT&J as 4451 in 1991 but was painted later.  It was sold as RSSX 4451 in June 2012.

4454, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1950, #10190. FN 6013-3, as SL-SF 517. It was sold to Precision National and operated as PNC 517 until sold to C&NW in March 1980. It entered served as C&NW 4454 on May 9, 1980. It was retired on February 9, 1991, and sold to OmniTrax. It then became WT&J as 4454 in 1991.  It was sold as RSSX 4454 in June 2012.

Roster information:  Randy Keller

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

7/3/2017

Memorial of Saint Mucian of Mesia

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

All the way to heaven is heaven, because Jesus said, "I am the way."

-- St. Catherine of Siena