Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

United States Navy

SS Lane Victory was built by California Shipbuilding Co in June 1945.  It is now a floating museum.

6 was built by Alco-Cooke in October 1924, #65348, as Knox RR 6. When the Maine shortline quit in 1939, the engine was sold to the U S Navy. Smithfield Terminal RR purchased it and kept the original number.

7 was built by H K Porter Co in 1918, #6361.

7 was built by H K Porter Co in June 1941, #7319.  It was sold as LaClede Gas & Light Co 7 in 1945 and became LaClede Gas Co 7 in 1953.  It was sold as Great Lakes Carbon Corp 7 and donated to the National Museum of Transport in June 1963.

36, VO1000, was  built by Baldwin in November 1945, #74525.  It was sold as LaSalle & Bureau County 9 in 1968 and sold as Transcontinental Terminals 9 in November 1981.

7207, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1941, #15055, as United States Army 7207.  It was transferred as USN 7207 in 1971.

65-00010, 80DE7B, was built by Whitcomb in 1946, #60682.  It was sold as Beaufort & Morehead RR 95.

65-00027, VO1000u, was built by Baldwin and later rebuilt.  It was sold to Larry's Truck & Equipment Co in December 1996.

65-00028, S2, was built by Alco.

65-00040, S2, was built by Alco.

65-00041, S2, was built by Alco in December 1943, #71308.

65-00052, DE50, was built by Porter in 1942, #7373.  It was sold as Pacific Terminal Co 2 and resold as Purdy Corp no number.

65-00054, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1943, #17880. Originally it carried the number 2. It became Iowa Electric Light & Power Co 58 in 1968.

1st 65-00072, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in July 1942, #64411, as St Louis-San Francisco 205.  It was sold as USN 65-00072.

2nd 65-00072, 1GS7B, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1957, #24466, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 1, SW1200.  It was sold to National Ry Equipment Co in 1986 and was rebuilt at Mount Vernon as USN 65-000072, 1GS7B, in 2010.

65-00078, RS1, was built by Alco in September 1944, #72817, as Dahlgren Testing Station 6.  It was renumbered USN 65-00078 and sold as Morristown & Erie 15 "R W McEwan" in 1963.  The name was removed later and then sold to Valley RR of Connecticut in September 1986.  It was then sold to Central New England and scrapped.

65-00082, 80DE6A, was built by Whitcomb in 1942, #60160.  It was sold as Beech Mountain RR 100 and resold as Cargill Inc 100.

65-00102, 80DE5c, was built by Whitcomb in July 1944, #80391.  It was sold as W R Grace Co 2900 and assigned at Nitrex Division..

65-00114, 50 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1942, #15150.

65-00118, 80DE7b. was built by Whitcomb in May 1944, #60514.  It was sold to Peavey Grain and resold as Cattle Town Inc no number.

65-00131, VO1000u, was built by Baldwin and later rebuilt.  It was sold to Larry's Truck & Equipment Co in December 1996.

65-00141, 80 Ton, was built by Porter in January 1944, #7607.  It was sold as Durham & Southern 500 in October 1962 and resold as Atlantic & Western 101 in 1965.

65-00153, 45 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in September 1945, #60651.  It was sold as Tillamook County Naval Airport Commission 2 and then Port of Tillamook Bay RR 2 in 1953.  It was then sold to Oregon-Washington Plywood Corp no number and then sold as Evans Railcar EP-10.  It was then renumbered as Itel Railcar EP-10 and finally as Gunderson Rail Car Services 1.

65-00201, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1945, #27864.  It was transferred as U S Marine Corps 289320 and sold to General American Transportation Co with no number in 1995.  It was numbered GATX 4 and rebuilt as GAHT 2 in 2014.

65-00255, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric.

65-00256, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in April 1945, #71740, as USA V1800.  It became USN 65-00256 and sold as Pacific Lumber Co 104.  It was sold to Keota-Washington Transportation Co in 1981 and was apparently never relettered.

65-00258, 50Ton, was built by Atlas in December 1939, #2130. It was sold as Georgetown RR 1001 and it later became Texas Crushed Stone Co. 100. It was scrapped in 1987.

65-00286, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1943, #18059,  It was sold as TCNAC 1 and then POTB 110 in 1953,  It was assigned as Oregon Coastline Express 110 and scrapped in 1994,

65-00296, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1951, #31037.

65-00298, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1945, #27861.  It was sold to Pacific Locomotive Association as Niles Canyon Ry 298.

65-00302, 45 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in November 1944, #60403.  It was transferred as Hawaii Railway Society 302.

65-00309, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric.

65-00316, 45DE27B, was built by Whitcomb in September 1945, #60649. It became Koppel Bulk Terminal Co as 2 in March 1967.

65-00341, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1944, #27569.

65-00351, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric.

65-00361, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric.

65-00365, 1GS7B, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31245, FN 4491-18, as Texas & Pacific 1297, SW1200.  It became Missouri Pacific 1297 in October 1976 and retired on February 28, 1985.  It sold to Precision National in April 11, 1985, and sold as Peaker Services P2 in July 1985.  It was leased as Great Lake Steel Co 55 and became National Steel Corp 55.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co and rebuilt as USN 65-00365, 1GS7B, in May 2012.

1st 65-00368, S12, was built by Baldwin in November 1952, #75708.

65-00370, S12, was built by Baldwin in December 1952, #75710.

65-00377, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1942, #15683l.  It was sold as Inspiration Consolidated Copper Co 105 in 1963 and became Cyprus Amax 105.  It was sold as Motive Power & Equipment Solutions 105 in 2004

65-00378, 45 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in June 1942, #60163.  It was sold as Belton RR 1

65-00386, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1953, #31852.

65-00403, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.

65-00411, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1953, #31857.

65-00458, 50 Ton, was built by Porter in August 1942, #7396, as Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard 502.  It became USN 65-00458 and sold as Hingham Industrial Center 101.  It was sold as Virginia Central Ry 101 and renumbered 3.  It went to Roanoke Chapter National Ry Historical Society in 1984.

65-00459 was built by Alco-Schenectady in June 1945, #73074.  It was meter gauge and rebuilt by Davenport to 42" gauge.  It became United States Army 633 in March 1952 and sold in 1956.

65-00460 was built by Alco-Schenectady in June 1945, #73075.  It was meter gauge and rebuilt by Davenport to 42" gauge.  It became US 634 in March 1952 and sold in 1956.

65-00469, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1943, #18007.

65-00479, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1940, #12978, as United States Army 7794.  It was assigned to Kankakee Ordnance Works as 1.  It was transferred as USN 65-00479 and donated to Kentucky Railroad Museum 77.  It was retired in 2011.

65-00506, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1943, #17893, as United States Army 7286.  It became USN 65-000506 in 1965 and sold as Cargill Co 18 in 1969.

65-00531, VO1000u, was built by Baldwin in March 1943, #67727, as USA 7140.  It was transferred as USN 65-00531 on March 28, 1969, and rebuilt in October 1980.  It was sold as Feather River & Western 531 and resold as Nucor Steel 4 in August 1997.

65-00531, 45Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1942, #15290, for Cornhuscker Ordnance Plant.  It became USN 7248 and became USN 65-00531.  It was sold as Quick Car Service 7 and became Tank Lining & Railcar Repair 7.  It became Trinity Industries 7

65-00541, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80352, #31674, as USA B2119.  It was transferred as USN 65-00541 on July 30, 1970, and sold as FR&W 541 in 1993.  It was sold as Yreka Western RR 245.

65-00542, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80353, #31675, as USA B2120.  It was transferred as USN 65-00542 on July 30, 1970.

65-00543, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80354, #31676, as USA B2121.  It later became USN 65-00543 on July 30, 1970.  It went to the Sacramento Museum in May 1995.

65-00544, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80355, #31677, as USA B2122.  It later became USN 65-00544 July 30, 1970, and sold as FR&W 244 on April 1993.   It was sold as Nevada Northern 244 and sold as Yreka Western RR 244.

65-00554, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in April 1953, #80336, #31658, as USA B2103.  It became USN 65-00554 in June 1978.

65-00556, DE44, was built by Davenport in June 1953, #3372, as USA 1223.  It was transferred as USN 65-00556 on October 13, 1970, and went to Spencer Shops inn 1990.

65-00560, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in April 1953, #80415, #31656, as USA B2101. It later became USN 65-00560 and later Texas State RR 8.

65-00570, MRS1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15879, as USA 1814, Class D-MRS-1.  It went to USN 65-00570 and later Alaska RR 1714 in 1978.  It was scrapped in 1983.

65-00571, MRS1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15880, as USA 1815, Class D-MRS-1.  It went to USN 65-00571 and later ARR 1715 in 1978,  It was scrapped in 1983,

65-00572, MRS1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15881, as U S Army 1816, Class D-MRS-1.  It went to USN 65-00572 and later ARR 1716 in 1978.  It was scrapped in 1983..

65-00574, MRS1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #15883, as U. S. Army 1818, Class D-MRS-1.  It was shipped as Societe Nationale des Chemins de fer Francais 1818 in 1953 and returned as USA 1818. It went to USN 65-00574 and later ARR 1718. It was transferred as U S Air Force 1718 and retired in 1999.  It is now at the Transportation Museum.  Bernard Aubert built an O Gauge model of the engine.

65-00580, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1942, #15759, as Edgewood Arsenal 4401.  It was renumbered USA 7516 and transferred as USN 7516 in October 1970 and renumbered 65-00580 on February 16, 1971.

65-00603, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1942, #15653, as U. S. Army 7341.  It became USN 65-00603 and sold as Topeka Railway Equipment Co no number.  It became PLM Railcar Maintenance Corp no number and then Transisco Rail Services Co no number.

65-00606, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1941, #13036, as Kingsburgh Ordnance Plant A-2.  It became USA 7080 and transferred as USN 65-00606 in February 1972.   It was assigned as Puget Sound Naval Shipyard 6.

65-00610, VO1000, was built by Baldwin In September 1943, #69644.

65-00613, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80379, 31618, as U S Army B2063.  It later became USN 65-00513 and sold as Sierra RR 613 in 1991.

65-00617, MRS1, was built by in 1953 by Alco, #80380, and General Electric, #31619, as U S Army B2064.  It later became USN 65-00617.

65-00619, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1945, #27851, as U S Army 7392.  It was transferred to U S Defense Supply Agency as DSA 45095 and transferred as USN 65-00619.  It was assigned as Yorktown Naval Weapons Station 5 and send to Chrome Loco for rebuilt in July 1987.  It was rebuilt for U S Marine Corp in August 2003 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment in September 2006.

65-00631, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1954, #20075, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 2040, Class 12E-S. It was renumbered 645 in 1959 and sold to Chrome Locomotive in July 1984.  It was sold to USN 65-00631 in September 1987.

65-00637, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1955, #20703, FN 4318-2, as Rockdale Sandow & Southern 9.  It became Port Comfort & Northern 4 and sold as Missouri Pacific 1262 in 1964.  It was sold as USN 65-00637 and sold as Richmond Pacific RR 4449.  It was renumbered 49 in 2012.

L-14, was built by Plymouth in May 1942, #4372, as Pearl Navy Yard L-14.  This narrow gauge locomotive came from Hawaii and apparently never used at Korea.

L-15,  was built by Plymouth in May 1942, #4373, as Pearl Navy Yard L-15.  This narrow gauge locomotive came from Hawaii and apparently never used at Korea.


United States Navy Bremerton

11, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in December 1944, #70290.  It was sold to Mount Vernon Terminal Ry as 505 in 1985 and retired in 1994.


United States Norfolk Navy Yard

2 was built by H K Porter in December 1941, #7344, as Barium Steel Co 2.  It was acquired as U S Navy Norfolk Navy Yard 2 and sold as Simons Wrecking Co 2.  It was acquired by Steamtown Foundation in December 1965 and sold to Melvin Carl in April 1986.  It was sold to R B Strong in June 1986.  It was sold to JRM Hauling & Recycling and donated to City of Peabody, MA in June 2006.  The project was too much and sold to Friends of Valley RR in December 2008.  It was restored cosmetically in 2009. 


United States Navy Fleet Supply Base, South Brooklyn

The history of this facility can found at an excellent site by Philip M Goldstein

3 was built by H K Porter in March 1919, #6368.  It was sold as Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal 12 in 1922 and sold to Ron Ziel in June 1963.  It was sold to Florida Rail Road Museum in March 1971.

4 was built by H K Porter in March 1919, #6369.  It was sold as BEDT 13 in 1922 and sold to Rail Tours in October 1963.  It was then sold to Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.


United States Navy Shipyard (Mare Island)

14, 50 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1941, #15016.  It was sold as Elmhurst-Chicago Stone Co S-10 and later renumbered SU545.


United States Navy Supply Annex (Stockton)

5, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in February 1945, #71985.  It was sold as Pacific Lumber Co 105 in 1964 and sold asKeota-Washington Transportation Co   105 in November 1981.  It was apparently never relettered.


Navy Yard Freight

30, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in 1941.


Puget Sound Naval Shipyard

6, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1941, #13036, as Kingsburgh Ordnance Plant A-2.  It became USA 7080 and transferred as USN 65-00606 in February 1972.   It was assigned as Puget Sound Naval Shipyard 6.

 

Roster information:  David A Dallner, Randy Keller

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/26/2016

Memorial of Saint Cosmas

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Holiness consists simply in doing God's will, and being just what God wants us to be.

-- St. Therese of Lisieux