Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Photos Yakima Valley Transportation Co. Yakima Valley Trolleys, Inc.
Don's Rail Photos
Yakima Valley Transportation Co.
Yakima Valley Trolleys, Inc.
This little interurban system in eastern Washington began operating in approximately 1907. It built a line west to Henrybro which was reached in 1910. Another line north to Speyers was completed in 1913. From the earliest years, it was a Union Pacific subsidiary as a means to compete with the Northern Pacific in the area. Local service was operated until 1946. A local group began streetcar service again in 1976 as a heritage tourist line and the property was sold to the City of Yakima. Freight continued to operate with electric power until approximately 1990 when a trackmobile was acquired.
6 was built by Stephenson Car Co in 1910. It was scrapped in 1937.
7 was built by Stephenson Car Co in 1910. It was scrapped in 1947.
20 was built by American Car Co in February 1930, #1456. It was sold as Portland Traction Co 4008 in 1946.
21 was built by American Car Co in February 1930, #1456. It was sold as PTCo 4009 in 1946 and was saved in 1960 after the Portland lines quit, and it is now back to its original number and paint scheme in Yakima.
22 was built by American Car Co in February 1930, #1456. It was sold as PTCo 4010 in 1946 and sold to Robert Hively in 1958. It returned to Yakima in 1989.
100 was built by Niles Car Co in 1909. It was scrapped in 1947.
200 was built by Niles Car Co in 1913. It was scrapped in 1939.
297 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in August 1923, #56937, as Glendale & Montrose RR 22. This was another UP subsidiary, and in May 1931, the locomotive became Union Pacific E-100. It was sent to the YVT as 297 in September 1942. It is now preserved at the museum at Perris, CA.
298 was built by General Electric in October, 1922, #8788. It is still in Yakima and is used occasionally.
299 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in October 1907, #32061. It was formerly United Rys 1 and scrapped in 1958.
300 was built by Niles Car Co in 1909. It was scrapped in 1956.
301 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1913. It was sold to California Railway Museum for parts. It was scrapped in 1972.
1776 was built by Compania Carris de Ferro do Porto in 1928 as CCFP 260. It became Servicio de Transportes Colectivos do Porto 260 in 1946 and sold to City of Yakima in 1974.
A was built by Niles Car Co in 1909. It accepted by the City of Yakima in 1985.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of Saint Francisca Salesia
The Baptism of the Lord
Love takes up where knowledge leaves off.
--Saint Thomas Aquinas