Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

 

Under Construction

Union Pacific

 

Electro-Motive NW2 Diesels

1000, Class NW2, was built on October 10, 1939, #889, as General Motors Corp 889.  It was sold as UP 1000 in March 1940 and sold as Stockton Terminal & Eastern RR 1000 in August 1966.  It was sold as Western Pacific 607, Class S-62, in 1969.  It was assigned as Sacramento Northern 607, Class S-62, in 1973 and retired in September 1983.  It was donated in Deer Creek Scenic RR as UP 1000 in October 1984.  It was sold to Nevada State Railroad Museum in March 1993.

1001, Class NW2, was built in May 1940, #1000, FN E308-1.  It was sold as ST&E 1001 in August 1966 and rebuilt as WP 608, Class S-62, in February1969.  It was assigned as UP 1887 but never done.  It was retired in September 1983 and donated to Feather River Rail Society in December 1984.

1008, Class NW2, was built in May 1940, #1007, FN E308-8.  It was retired in December 1977 and sold to Precision National Corp in March 1978.

1017, Class NW2, was built in January 1941, #1246, FN 371-3.  It was retired in October 1979 and sold to Bargains Galore on January16, 1980.  It was sold to Diesel Electric Service.

1018, Class NW2, was built in January 1941, #1247, FN E371-4.  It was retired in August 1978 and sold to Chrome Crankshaft in November 1978.  It was rebuilt at Silvis in April 1980 as Jim Walter Resources 55 and became JWR 55 in 1985.   It became WATCo as WAMX 403 in 2009.

1019, Class NW2, was built in February 1941, #1248, FN E371-5.  It was sold to Bargains Galore on January 19, 1980 and then to Diesel Electric Service. It was then sold to Tradewater Ry as 1019 in March 1982.

1029, Class NW2, was built in May 1942, #1690, FN E476-5. In March 1976 it was sold to Precision National Corp as 1029. In 1982 it became Agrico Chemucal Co 182.

1035, Class NW2, was built in July 1942, #1696, FN E476-11.  It was sold to Industrial Maintenance Service on September 30, 1976, and updated.  It was sold as Ford Motor Co 12001 and later sold as Farmland Industries as 12001.  It later became Archer-Daniel-Midland Co 12001.

1036, Class NW2, was built in May 1946, #3422, FN E683-1.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co in February 1977 and resold as Canton RR 52 on January 30, 1978.  It was sold as Consolidated Coal Services Co 52.

1039, Class NW2, was built in June 1946, #3425, FN E683-4.  It was retired in June 1983 and sold for scrap to St Louis Auto Shredding on January 8, 1988.

1045, Class NW2. was built in July 1946, #3431, FN E683-10. It was sold to PNC in July 1976 and rebuilt to Monongahela Connecting RR as 432 in June 1977.

1068, Class NW2, was built in May 1947, #4714, FN E820-18.  It was retired in April 1978. and sold to Chrome Crankshaft in November 1978.  It was rebuilt at Silvis in March 1980 as Jim Walter Resources 56 and became Jefferson Warrior RR 56 in 1985.  It became WATCo as WAMX 404 in 2009.

1075, Class NW2, was built in June, 1947, #4721, FN E820-25. It was retired in February 1975 and sold it to Peaker Services on December 4, 1979. They rebuilt it in 1981 as their 1, and sold it as Marinette Tomahawk & Western 81 in April, 1981.  It was sold as Nekoosa Paper Products Co 26 and became Georgia-Pacific Corp 26 in 1996.  It became Domtar Corp 26 in 2001.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/13/2017

Memorial of Saint Elian of Brittany

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

He took what is mine in order that He might impart to me what is His.  He took it not to overturn it but to fill it.

---St. Ambrose